HS vs MTGA

What would happen if a standard hs deck, faced off a standard mtg:a deck?
rules apply for each game

> HS has 30 hp, MTG has 20
> hs minions can choose targets, but can not heal
> mtg creatures cant choose targets, but can choose to block if the player or a planeswalker is attacked.
>no milling strategies
>mtg needs lands, hs has its mana system
>taunt will require you to declare attackers that can kill it, before going to damage.
>effects that destroy artifacts work for weapons and vice versa.
> target effects that work on planeswalkers, work for weapons
>secrets and enchantments are considered to be the same type of permanent
>mtg can use instants
>hs doesnt have a minion limit.
>hs' deck will have 35 cards, so it wont lose to attrition

Their mana systems and stats are similar enough, so it should be a good match.

Attached: mtgavshs.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

This is so fucking retarded. I can't even comprehend how someone can be this retarded, while still being able to write and read.

Attached: 1555768930586.jpg (443x455, 96K)

says the nigger who just posted a fucking wojak

>not wanting to have a thought experiment
>not wanting to have discussion about video games
>posting a wojak

just play any mtg blue control deck and win. This isnt even close. counterspells and instant speed interaction would decimate anything the other player can do.

>mtg creatures cant choose targets, but can choose to block if the player or a planeswalker is attacked.
...Because in HS there is no other target, right? So what is the big deal? Just set your creatures to attack then.
>>mtg can use instants
MtG would win then. Put in Life Gain instants, put in draw card instants, etc. Step on the gas, get tapped-lands out within 4 turns and you'd win, over Hearthstone's 1 mana at a time system. The only benefit HS has is that it has RNG creatures on it.

Mono blue tempo is a good deck, but if the opponent resolves a strong creature, it really has problems dealing with it.
HS has more pushed creatures for the same mana cost, and cant be mana screwed or flooded.
Or it can use hero abilities to bait a counter spell.
Its not like you cant resolve creatures when playing RDW vs MonoU tempo.

stop thinking like a standard faggot and think like a degenerate modern player. board clear effects in hearthstone are far too expensive mana wise, while every wrath in MTG is 4 mana. On top of that, MTG has completely degerate combo deck strategies that can only be stopped with interaction, something HS cant have.

Even if you limit it to standard only decks, I dont see how HS can ever beat scapeshift decks, or bolas's citadel storm decks

MtG wins easily. Not even fucking close.

Hearthstone deck would fall to anything but the most jank MtG deck. MtG simply gives you more offensive, defensive, and support options. It's not even a contest. You can't even win by rushing down the MtG deck because Hearthstone's rushdown decks only work due to the opponent being unable to declare blockers.

hearthstone is a fundamentally bad game
magic also isn't that great but I'm willing to give it more leeway since it, for all intents and purposes, created the genre

just make some dumbass modern Affinity deck and assrape Hearthstone in three seconds

the thread is about standard only. Ofc modern decks would decimate HS, considering the years of MTG's existance.

There are some good hs aoe destruction spells like brawl, shriek, doom sayer, warpath etc

god fucking damn, read the thread. Its standard vs standard. Ofc modern would rape HS, as it would rape MTG standard. No contest, there are too many modern cards, and the power level is way higher.

>kills your zombies
>nothing personel kid

Attached: consecration.png (286x395, 152K)

POKEMON TCG > HS > YUGIOH > MTGA

Blue Control deck would destroy anything Hearthstone can come up with, HS has no reasonable counterplay to a Blue Mage playing all his mana during their turn.

Green or Red decks would be interesting though. Flying probably gives it to Magic though, especially if we use Legacy or Modern.

standard only, modern or legacy would win extremely easily.

it doesnt matter that it's standard only. do you know how many retarded combos are possible when you know your opponent cant do anything on your turn? you never need to play around anything anymore.

Literally playing esper control pre-WAR would be completely unstoppable. explore package would be retarded. Nexus of Fate decks would literally loop infinite turns.

Its not close. The only way hearthstone wins is comparing an arena deck to a draft deck.

>MtG would win then. Put in Life Gain instants, put in draw card instants, etc. Step on the gas, get tapped-lands out within 4 turns and you'd win, over Hearthstone's 1 mana at a time system. The only benefit HS has is that it has RNG creatures on it.

Or the MTG player gets mana screwed/flooded and can't even play the game, while the HS player gets almost guaranteed a decent curve.

hs has the mana coin and draw card, if it plays second. Also, no punishing mulligan, 10 more hp, and no dead draws because of drawing land cards.

Does Hearthstone have any way to deal with my obnoxious Rats deck?

Rat Colony + 4 of those Legendary Creatures that make your units with 1 power or toughness unblockable. Blue and Black mana.

Stack em up and hit the face for 30 damage in one turn.

Vampire Lifegain/Lifetoll seems like it would crush HS too. But I'm not fully up with the most degenerate HS decks.

name 1 (one) hearthstone deck that beats grixis control or white weenie

Exactly.

What's the math, something like 20% of MTG games are an automatic scoop?

Sure HS doesn't have instants, but you can have all the instants you want, that doesn't help you when you draw 6 lands in a row.

you can play simic with 3 lands for the entire game

My Druid ramp deck beats either of those, because I'm drawing a useful card almost every turn while you're scowling at the 4 lands in your hand.

People forget how much slower Standard MTG is compared to HS.

MTG dabs all over the infantile HS player during their turn with counterspells and Flash

Better question, who wins. Modern Magic deck, or a yugioh deck

Attached: 1568250970880.jpg (500x375, 58K)

Rate my OC.

Attached: OCDONUTSTEEL11.png (400x543, 339K)

aggro shaman, dealing 5 damage to face for 3 mana.

or this how are you gonna convert yugioh number to mtg numbers? HS and mtg are similar enough.

yugioh by default because of higher atk/def levels and life points but if you evened those out, probably still yugioh because the lack of a resource mechanic making "just dig through your deck until you find what you need to OTK" far easier if you aren't running too brick-y.

Average Blue Control takes what 12-15 turns to win?

Most HS games are over before turn 6 or 7. Even without discussing the most degenerate aggro decks.

MTG has more control and more counterplay, but it also relies on aggro decks needing to drop lands and sacrifice power for curve. HS aggro decks are guaranteed a prefect Curve.

You're not gonna stall the game out when he's got 4 units out by turn 3.

aggro shaman can deal more damage to face than RDW.

I miss landfall.
it was so easy to prevent being mana screwed in either direction, due to how offensive it was to spend turns doing so.

lost interest after landfall fell out of magic.

they would both lose a generic yugioh deck

old school yugioh or a tornament level links yugioh?

shards of alara + zendikar blocks.
hey sped up the game so much.
too bad future blocks ruined the speed of the game, to be more like it used to be (slow)

winning on turn3-6 was a lot more normal back then, even for medium paced decks.
Turn 8-10 for slower decks.

so it really depends on the block.

Standard only, so mtg has ixalan to core 20.

A rotated started pokemon deck

does it really matter when even the best MTG deck would lose to a Sparks

No banlist so MTG wins turn 1 every time

a base stuctural deck from 2002 might lost if you divide yugioh by 1000

i dont know how any of this get through white weenie lifesteal with convoked loxodon buffing vampires on turn 3-4

standard only, so there is a ban list.

You're a funny guy user. 4 creatures by turn 3 is nothing special in mtg and control decks laugh at people overextending into boardwipes.

Yugioh wins because you can win on turn one, there's no standard deck that can do that

Standard RDW can win against white weenie or bw vampires so it wont be a problem.

if you divide by 1000 you're turning a BEWD into a 3/3, even white can get a vanilla 3/3 out easier than a 2002 yugioh deck could shit out a BEWD

>and control decks laugh at people overextending into boardwipes.
>I-Il get perfect draw AND perfect curve! Honest!

Meanwhile, HS doesn't fill up his hand with lands and can curve perfectly, with the Mana Coin making that even easier.

You'll win the 10% of games you get exactly what you need, sure. But that's not very impressive.

magic can do it 2 turns earlier

Attached: 8c8f3b5e-71b4-42e0-9ddb-630e3dcf1be7.jpg (672x936, 148K)

and now things get interresting
i belive a cyber dragon deck /1000 could defeat any magic deck.

We're talking MTG vs HS here, user.

Stop playing standard you nigger

I hate that WotC caved for people who complained about modern being too fast.
Like, a lot of people in my area felt like they should just be able to play the same shitty deck forever and still expect to top.
I've probably changed decks like 4 times since 2017, and I always had fun playing something new and strong.

Fuck off you dumb cunt, standard is the tits

thats not a standard card

>Standard

user said modern. WotC decided to listen to shitters who couldn't keep up with people that actually like the game, but before that, you could dab on those retards turn 2 with an unbeatable board while they meekly drop Wren and Six or Tarmogoyf

>not taking into account what control does in those 12-15 turns
Enjoy re-casting those minions over and over again and hoping they run out of answers before they sweep you. Or better yet, old blue where they can just flood your hand and mill you at the same time.
Come on man, Hearthstone is even funnier because they discard as they draw, instead of at the end of turn, so if they have to drop their answer to blue then it's dropped before they can even cast it.

Who the fuck plays standard? Here take 3 damage instead of 2 plus lifegain at a turn earlier.

Attached: DeafeningClarion.jpg (265x370, 35K)

how can mono blue deal with flame imp (3/2 for 1 mana) on round 1?

Mono blue tempo is really weak if a strong minion can resolve before it has the required mana to counter creatures.

Unless you get perfect card draw you're not making it long enough to stabilise.

Hunter for example will kill you in only 10 turns using only his ability. If he gets a single weapon or card down, that clock gets shorter. You're probably dead by turn 5 or 6.

I don't play standard but the usual cost for bounce to hand is 1 mana

Red. Deck. Wins.
Board presence on turn 1, answers by turn 2.

The OP said

>What would happen if a standard hs deck, faced off a standard mtg:a deck?

the thread clearly is about STANDARD mtg vs STANDARD hearthstone. Read the thread before posting.

most lists play it one-of in a 60 card deck.

True, but surely you must be at least a little bit happy that things like storm and dredge are gone... I mean I've spent hundreds on magic and have about 12 standard decks floating around but only ONE can stop a storm deck, nothing can compete in standard effectively. Still love those turn two wins though

Well guess what, is a standard card faggots

when i last played standard golgari would casually hit 50+ HP quickly, whitelets would hit 80 HP, etc

you meme about lands but any recursive threat including lifelink will quickly win board control

sure, and its a good card. Better than the HS equivalent. Thats the kind of discussion this thread wants.

And most HS decks don't run a 3/2 for 1.

Not true, I've been revenged' TWICE and still won. Life means shit all if noone can get through after midgame

>Red. Deck. Wins.

RDW would love to have this card

Attached: lava-burst.png (567x811, 519K)

i agree life lead means shit as a wincon
t. fog nig and lich mastery player

zoo warlock is one of the most played decks in hearthstone.

>turn 3
>single target
That's not how horde works, you can kill my 2/2 or my 2/2 or my 2/1 or my 1/1

>Standard V. Standard - Both can win, HS is more consistent, MTG have more power
>Any other format at all, MTG wins every time

Attached: 1559834672327.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

lmao

Attached: risk-factor-75755-medium.jpg (265x378, 29K)

>HS, the random effect card game
>more consistent

it will hit face. not your sideways monkey

>thinking that 4 damage is a problem when you start with 30.
and its not as versatile. lava burst can hit anything

>taking 7 a turn to the face in order to do 5 to the face while losing momentum
Play your game, I guess.

Storm had been gone for a while, especially since Phoenix was better in every sense. Dredge is trucking along just fine, it's Hogaak went the way of Old Yeller.

five mana hit anything for five damage. not that good or efficient

shock is hit anything for 2 dmg/1 mana
risk factor is potentially 8 damage or 6 cards in hand for 3 mana twice

why do you assume that the hs player will not have any minions on board? It will probably have more, considering there is no way he will get mana screwed

Zoo lock is 58% of all warlock decks, it is also only a tier 2 deck and warlock is less played than most other classes.
yes it is the most played Warlock deck, but it is in the bottom tier of most played decks, only keeping its position because it is cheat, easy to play and wins fairly often

Attached: Most played HS.png (659x361, 18K)

Because red removal is far more affordable than HS removal. You can flood your deck with either defense or face, you have limited moves per turn and no response to instants/effects.

You guys are thinking too small.

What type of degenerate deck could you make with BOTH HS and MTG standard cards?

Attached: 1493713902505.jpg (520x442, 65K)

>guaranteed curve
>better mulligan
>only 3 card starting hand
>coin if second
>much weaker draw engine pretty much top deck mode
>zoo is designed around hitting face with creatures, magic cards being able to block single handedly dumpsters aggro

vs

>7 card starting hand
>volatile curve and mulligan
>better everything else in the deck

HS only wins on land screw and perfect 123 hand

Attached: 1568164692338.png (351x438, 173K)

nah. lighting bolt and lighting strike are almost the same card. zap is better than shock for removal. And if you want efficiency, likkim deals 9 damage for 2 mana, over three turns.

>lighting bolt and lighting strike are almost the same card
One costs twice as much damage as the other.

>lighting bolt and lighting strike are almost the same card
are you insane

Attached: 1439946902186.jpg (429x830, 76K)

yea
HS is more consistently shit
Magic wins

Really makes me think

Attached: bolt-lightning.jpg (1240x936, 346K)

3 starting hand is not as bad as it looks.
a mtg starting hand has 3 lands, so only 4 playable cards.
If you consider that hs has a hero power, then this advantage is equalized.
Hero power also acts as an always available mana sink

Go back to Yea Forums and take your shit cartoon with you

Lightning Bolt is a card in MtG, you goddamn moron.

do you think that in a thread about HS standard vs MTG Arena standard, we are talking about paper mtg modern ?

>Hero power also acts as an always available mana sink

Instant draw/removal > Heropower

>Better than the HS equivalent

Arguable. Consecrate only hurts enemies.

Blue doesn't care about killing it's own creatures, but that limits what decks that card can be used in.

hero power is always freely available. And in warlocks case, its a card engine.

not him but lightning bolt is one of the most iconic mtg cards ever printed
not THE most iconic, but it's high up there

Attached: lightning-bolt-foil.jpg (1512x2016, 638K)

Basically this.

i know, but we are talking about mtg arena the game vs hearthstone the game, not about paper magic. However, its an honest mistake that someone could do.

I think if you mention a card that happens to be one of the most played cards in Magic, you should specify if you're referring to a card with the same name in a different game.

It probably is the most iconic. What's more? Black Lotus?

probably

Lotus, counterspell, necro, shivan, serra angel are all that tier I'd say

What about Dark Rit?

A bit too mechanical, I'd say. An enabler card, not a game decider card, so not as flashy, and also never the face of magic.

>What would happen if a standard hs deck, faced off a standard mtg:a deck?
A fucking shit ton of confusion, that's what.

>Standard
The real fun of MTG happens everywhere but Standard.

Attached: wombocombo.jpg (558x403, 97K)

Yeah I would say so, probably even very slightly more than shivan and necropotence.

doesnt matter if true. HS is a new game, and it doesnt have as many cards. Standard vs Standard could be balanced. Modern magic has a higher power level.

>Modern magic has a higher power level.
t. doesn't play vintage

I'd add Tutor to that list. So iconic that every remotely similar ability is called tutoring in every other card game.

HS has a limit on creatures you can have in play.

Attached: m7k8thrnrmc11.jpg (1918x1080, 365K)

You are like little baby. Behold
yeah not standard don't @ me fuckers

Attached: tumblr_inline_njh10wpwqf1qi2je8.jpg (500x326, 72K)

Good luck hearthbabbies.

Attached: 26-2298.jpg (1000x1231, 348K)

Thats why in this hypothetical scenario, there is not a limit on creatures, even for HS. Read the OP.

Not in standard. The thread is not magic vs hs, but MTG Arena standard vs Hearthstone standard.

Duel Masters is the true patrician card game.

Attached: 1567366723913.gif (445x250, 2.52M)

Yugioh always win, baby

Attached: big_white_whale.jpg (1440x2104, 437K)

yugioh is a completely different game alltogether. No resource system, different numbers, attack/defense position. Its not compatible with mtg.