What’s discord?

What’s discord?
I’m old and confused.

Attached: 4324BBF5-725E-488D-8AC6-D4F8144D9124.jpg (246x246, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
stallman.org/discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

zoomer skype

It's an FBI honeypot run by communistic transexual furries who hate gamers.

This, but it actually works.

Botnet

It's propietary, spying malware.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
stallman.org/discord
Use IRC instead.

Isn't it some character from that pony show?

An application that primarily offers voice chat and text channels that embeds media for easier reading
It caught on big time because it's free, a lot easier to set up, has better quality than old skype and you can use it in browser + official mobile app, but they are probably selling the disgusting amounts of data that's coming through their servers every minute if that's concerning to you
Really useful if you have a closer circle of friends, otherwise stay away from big servers most of the time

Why are both of those sites still on web 1.0?

>use IRC
cringe

I bet you recommend Linux to people too.

>linking to stallman.org
What are you doing on Yea Forums? Don't you know that nearly all video games are proprietary and dependent on Windows or proprietary console operating systems?

Attached: DEVELOPERS.jpg (400x300, 21K)

zoomer IRC + Ventrillo

Spyware for underages

Because Web "2.0" and "3.0" are bloated cringe. Websites should be plain documents, not """apps""".
>Linux
It's GNU/Linux.
Yes, I have an offline console that I play games on.
I wish there was a better option, but I gotta make do.

I would explain, but I can't here due to GR15.

IRC, Discord, etc... I hate all those shitty apps. The hierarchy and muh secret club vibe they all have it's gross. I wish there was something like IRC but no usernamefags and no mods or shit like that. Once everyone has usernames and get all cute together and make gay/nazi jokes it just starts to get cringe.

>offline
ahahhahahHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAA

>skype
>not aim

It says a lot that the only people who really latched onto ICQ were soulless chinese

centralized irc

IRC is not a program, it's a protocol.
The community is dependent on the server. Set-up your own if you don't like any.
What's so funny, fag?

fpbp

>ventrilo
GET OFF VENT OR I'LL HAVE YOU BENT

IRC for voice chat with tacked on "community" shit because zoomers always have to find themselves a nice little echo chamber to sit in.

I SUCK BALLS ALL DAY JUST BECAUSE I LIKE IT SO MUCH

I CAME IN HERE TO BE ALONE

>zoomers always have to find themselves a nice little echo chamber to sit in.
Don't fucking lie, IRC rooms and forums were the exact same shit in the late 90's and 00's.

Attached: mad max bait.gif (300x252, 2.87M)

Stick with teamspeak its better

To the point admins would kick anyone who disagreed with them.
Now in Discord if you disagree with someone you just don't say anything and let the conversation die.

Yeah, except no.
The amount of venom that was rightfully allowed was magnitudes higher than discord.

>Don't fucking lie
>It's the same as IRC
So am I lying or not?

Discord is would anyone like to talk about videogames and anime? Add me Renren#4244

Attached: goblin slayer sweating.png (800x742, 451K)

kill yourself

I'm in a discord with 40 year old men

You either never used IRC or were some faggot on a happy clappy gay ass RP room.

IRC was a shitfest that could put a "he's in" thread to shame

That's me. How did you know?

The new bogeyman since IRC went out of style

It's literally MSN Chat, only less pedophiles and more trannies.

Attached: MSN.jpg (1018x734, 210K)

Annoying fucking shit.

>log on wow after long day of work
>just want to chill and watch some shitflix
>immediately invited to group
>everyone is in discord chat
>don't join for a few days and treated like shit the next time I join

discord is the glownigger echo chamber replacement for skype which was what dumbass normalfags used instead of teamspeak and vent

I sometimes join some of the discord rooms just to listen in on how retarded the shills actually are and never say anything

its hilarious how they pretend to have conversations with each other only to devolve into desperately attempting to get me to join in only to never reply

Discord is based and only gay niggers disagree. Even good IRC communities are moving to discord. Best US Quake community is on discord now. It can not be stopped.
I have a big nostalgia for mumble but it honestly fucking sucks. If you remove avatars discord gets a lot more manageable just wish you could disable the other bloat like the fuckhueg store.

The best way to communicate with other people, but it seems like retards have a hard time grasping that concept and are stuck in the past.

If you're chatting with anything other than usenet, you're getting scammed.

A really easy to use voice chat program that got co-opted by internet attack mobs and might actually be malware

Heyyyyyy.... Guyssssss....

why does discord have so many trannies?

They can make their own heavily policed safe space and feel superior when they get to ban the "bigots" (people with differing opinions)

Discord has everything of a lot of things. The reason is you simply click a link and you're in. Using an IRC client and joining the right server is somehow WAAAAAY too hard for your average person which is why IRC was always just a nerd club.

I miss chatrooms. Mainly Yahoo Chat.

skype was already zoomer

you're thinking of IRC

Usenet is more analogous to a forum than IRC / Skype / Discord

I still use mumble. Discord a shit. A shit.

spyware

Discord is essential if you're interested in modding, emulation, or MMOs.

Attached: 1541974783380.png (784x592, 739K)

Who remembers Vent?

commie-furry spyware that you can talk to your friends with

Couldn't an IRC server spy on you as well? Unless you're running your own server, there's no guarantee that there's no spying going on.

My roflcopter goes soi soi soi

A private individual spying on you vs a corporation

Another chatroom platform, absolutely garbage users.