Tfw beat it charmless

>tfw beat it charmless
so this... this is the power of getting good?

Attached: 1567166142356.png (316x355, 235K)

Congrats user. That shit is brutal.

as someone who has not played Sekiro, what does the charm do?

Barely anything, just like the bell

and what does the bell do?

I think it just adds chip damage unless you get the right timing on the block.

blocking no longer absorbs all damage, enemies have more posture and their attacks deplete yours faster. poison and terror meter fills up faster too. basically, you gotta parry everything. If you fuck up once you die.

Enemies gain posture and health, deal more damage and status and you take chip damage from regular blocks which can kill you.

so getting the charm forces you go git gud?

no, the charm makes it easier
giving it away forces you to get good

The charm prevents you from taking HP damage when blocking. On NG+ you can ditch the charm. Since Sekiro's combat is so dependant on deflecting (a perfectly timed guard), it means you receive a much greater punishment for not getting the timing right.
The bell just makes all enemies stronger.

my last run was trying to do charmless with no upgrades and no heals, i could only get up to the ghost monk and the guardian ape took me like 2 hours

Charmless is how the game should've been from the get go

>tfw take screenshots and lie

>no, the charm makes it easier
>giving it away forces you to get good

oh

People with slow reaction time think Souls games are difficult and fulfilling. Sad.

This. Very.

>someone with slow reaction time beating a game that requires fast reaction time isn't fulfilling

Attached: c6e78393afbebda34b3e4e58c24e732f.jpg (1080x1528, 355K)

>people enjoy a challenge

what games do you find difficult and fulfilling, Grandmaster?

No, do it again but with bell demon this time. You can get it right after beating chained ogre by taking the shortcut to senpou. I wish you luck in your true trial.

Attached: bosses.png (2350x3303, 2.95M)

OP here, just started NG+3. I'm going to try it right now.

Attached: 20190903000155_1.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

I thought bell barely does anything after NG?

why would you think that

Honestly this should have been mandatory or at least unlocked after beating tutorial Genichiiro.

No. Bell makes everything hit harder. Pair that with charmless and you can lose like half your health for fucking up a deflect on a strong attack. O'Rin is probably the biggest jump in difficulty from normal to bell+charmless if you don't use tools or the backstab trick, at least for me. Takes forever to break her poise and fucking up your deflects even once is often an instant death.

I meant do it in a new game, right after chained ogre.

Some people tried to test the effects of the bell. It does seem to work better together with no charm.

Attached: SEKIRO- What is the WEAKEST ENEMY ATTACK that you can make a ONE HIT KILL_ 6-33 screenshot.png (1280x720, 920K)

>O'Rin
The only thing you need to beat her is the mortal blade. Parry her combo > mortal blade swing > mortal blade swing.

Attached: 20190901213836_1.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

what? but i need to get all the upgrades and skills first for the achievements.

yes i play for achievements too, fuck off

Attached: 20190909205642_1.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

The mortal blade was the one thing in the game I never experimented with since it was slow and consumed a lot of emblems for middling damage. If I wanted to use arts or tools, there was always a more effective solution emblem-wise as far I know. In O'Rin's case, I could use Umbrella and Sabimaru with High Monk. Limiting myself to just attacks and deflects made O'Rin a bitch to take down. Don't know how much more effective Mortal Blade would be so I'll try that sometime if I ever play the game again.

then do that and start a new game when you're done with your zoomer addiction, drop the charm and pick up bell demon as soon as possible

it does a fuckton of damage even with 0 emblems and in the end of every single one of her combos there's a time window where you can swing twice since the sword staggers her for a little bit

i didn't have divine confetti when i fought her for the first time and after dying like a bitch 10 times in a row i tried using the the mortal blade instead

Attached: 20190901194450_1.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

Mortal Blade is the best one hitter skill as far as I know. And considering that most bosses only take one full hit before they go back to block and deflects, it's pretty nice in fights where bosses have attacks with huge delay. Like Isshin's Dragon Flash for example. You can just run behind him and land a free charged empowered draw.

Attached: a.jpg (2560x1440, 1024K)

I wouldn't call Sekiro a Souls game though.

aaaaand here we go

Now do a charmless+demon bell hitless run.