Ah, classic games on a beautiful CRT. That's a combo that can't be beat, you do play your classic games on a CRT, right...

Ah, classic games on a beautiful CRT. That's a combo that can't be beat, you do play your classic games on a CRT, right? I mean, you don't hook your systems up to an LCD, do you? Or worse, emulate?

Attached: kx-14cp1-3.jpg (3000x2000, 614K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eFqqsYoT4hk?t=1328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got a Trinitron but emulate everything via my Wii or play PS1 on my Vita. Fuck getting old consoles.

>Fuck getting old consoles
A truly sad line of thought, classic games look and play best on real hardware, always.

Attached: comix-1.jpg (3828x2606, 3.73M)

>Fuck getting old consoles
you loss my man
the real deal is always better than dealing with buggy emulation

newer filters can get pretty accurate even though they are pretty resource intensive.

Attached: bartop arcade-8.jpg (986x1753, 565K)

>CRT
no thanks boomer, all of those tube TVs and monitors have a high pitched whine. gives me a headache

No, unfortunately not. CRT can't be emulated on LCD, only aspects of it which without the whole set of traits, is all for nothing.

Attached: P_20190721_003142.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

I not only emulate, I play games using custom filters and shaders to closely mimic the Crt that I used to play on.

I had both games loaded up and adjusted from there.

It's literally the same experience. And now that retroarch is on steam, supports cloud saves, multiplayer with steam servers, and saves all your settings it's perfect.

Attached: Castlevania Harmony of Despair DLC_ Chapter 11_ The Legend of Fuma (Solo Shanoa, Hard).webm (580x388, 2.82M)

I'm sorry, that looks horrible.

Attached: cotton-fnd-ps1 (3).jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

based boomers

Never say never.
I don't use CRT anymore.
Mostly because they are oversized, power hungry and the good ones are overpriced.

A lot of the people who live and die by CRT here are just kids.

Attached: filter.jpg (2246x1571, 1.41M)

forced meme cock sucker

Based user. Also do the same.

Attached: 1415218712564.gif (249x219, 1.06M)

>Never say never.
It'll never match, there's no phosphor or physical grill or depth to the display.

Attached: 1536285609930.png (1107x996, 642K)

that's just a fetish.
I got enough of that shit when growing up, now I just emulate my stuff with the best setings I can get (my room is also tiny as fuck and I don't need an old ass TV wasting space and power)

unbased zoomer

>literally worked and talked to top emulation fags on emugen and other sites
>4k res, scanlines, dithering, shader hylian x2 with simple sinewave.

>This has been confirmed the best look and looks better than even trinitrons crts and if you have OLED it surpasses PVMs

Yeah I'm thinking my setup is god tier.

Attached: 1556429703351.webm (512x450, 2.96M)

Can't find a decent PVM. Would rather find one in the wild than buy one off ebay. They're projects to me.

I use an OSSC for most of my old consoles except PS2 since 480i sucks on anything else

Attached: 1565068164130.jpg (600x437, 171K)

better than a dick sucking faggot forcing shitty overused memes

You never know.
There are things decades ago we didn't think was possible that is now.

you okay there zoomer? you seem quite angry over a meme

What is this guy even saying?

Attached: cotton-fnd-ps1 (5).jpg (3264x2448, 2.7M)

>man I can't stop sucking all these dicks
Fixed.

why can't you stop sucking dick zoomer?

>Emulation

>now I'm pretending to be reatrded, man I love showing everyone in this thread how much of a faggot I am

No, I'm 100% positive LCD technology will never get there. That goes for LED too.

are you sure you're only pretending?

Of course, I have a couple Trinitrons hooked up to all the classic consoles through component splitters. It's fantastic.

Of course they are all everdrived out, you aren't poor- are you anons?

WILLOWS! I FUCKING LOVE WILLOWS~ I'LL PAY $500 FOR A TEACUP WITH COTTON'S FACE ON IT BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE WILLOWS!

Attached: free.png (1360x768, 2.19M)

HEY

Attached: 8_040647.jpg (1014x696, 79K)

Moore's law is being broken on the physical level.
Things will get better, but there are limits to the very physical matter of the universe versus what elements we have to work with in the transference of electricity. It can only get so small, so complicated. We're not at the limit yet, but we can see it coming.

The point being, that we're going to have to expand out in other areas. Which is going to be an extremely exciting time in technological development.

SD2SNES is the best retro gaming related purchase I've ever made.

Attached: my tv 2.jpg (2536x1494, 1.43M)

I've got my NES and PS2 hooked up to a Sylvania 34" right now.
Could never find a Triniton in my area but I didn't look hard.
I'm playing Little Nemo: Dream Master on the NES. Amazing little game by Capcom
And Shinobi on PS2. Another amazing game. I'm trying to go thru it again and get all the coins to unlock the last bits of content.

As you should!

Attached: cotton-fnd (1).jpg (4656x3492, 3.76M)

It's not about LCD tech but the possibilities of software which is practically limitless.

>Never say never.
It's illegal to produce leaded glass now. It's illegal to make CRTs. It's over. COPE.

Attached: burning money.gif (500x273, 497K)

This but instead of the SD2SNES it was a Sega Saturn.

Attached: cotton-fnd (5).jpg (3492x4656, 2.65M)

thoughts on my CRTs??

Attached: 1568225765833.jpg (3840x3024, 3.02M)

largely wasted with the setup you have going on.

That's okay, retired technology is still interesting when games such good use of it! It'll give LCD a chance to catch up. It won't, but they can try!

Attached: lcd-vs-shadowmask.jpg (2048x1071, 768K)

>dead cells

Ikegami is the best, that widescreen sony is not very useful

Never played it

Attached: cheap dell vs 700 dollar lcd color.jpg (3506x987, 693K)

>blargg filters

Attached: wfe.jpg (2382x1967, 904K)

>Ikegami
It's noticeable dimmer than my PVMs. Shadow mask CRTs are inherently less bright than aperture grilles.

I never got the CRT aesthetic honestly. Maybe its my 2001 zoomer mind, but it just ends up making the game brighter than it needs to and harder to look at.
Ironically, i love NES and SNES aesthetic a lot for how different it is even by today’s view of nostalgia

Attached: 55A87601-B1EB-4053-9468-75F2AD616BBC.jpg (430x299, 42K)

They produce a far more organic image however, and the extremely fine dot pitch of the Ikegami monitors really elevates any sort of dot art on them.

Attached: P_20160928_205904.jpg (4096x2304, 3.36M)

I don't know, the image on my Ikegami is dimmer and softer than my PVMs. I still like it though, but it's only really usable in the dark.

It simply has better contrast. Dark colors appear dark, whereas on an LCD dark portions of an image get crushed. It's why games have been adjusted to be brighter across the board today. You don't see very many pitch black games because of LCDs.

Attached: P_20170307_005641_vHDR_Auto.jpg (4656x3492, 2.49M)

I have my Gamecube on my CRT.
I just wish my mother hadn't thrown away her huge CRT from years ago.

I was born in the late 80's but I have no patience for that shit.

Some people love that "BAZOOM" shit when they turn it on and the horrible paper speakers that are moisture damaged all to hell. Like stop pretending this is decent motherfucker you're like that guy who says his 73 chevy with rust and a motorcycle accident can scale a hill better than a 2019 silverado. Fucking hillbilly gamers.

CRTs actually have superior audio to flat panels. Sony sets in particular are tremendous.

Light gun games only work on CRT.

Attached: Point Blank_003.webm (640x480, 2.75M)

>youtu.be/eFqqsYoT4hk?t=1328
Will LCDfags EVER recover?

I know they do because they have independent speakers. Flatscreens have always had a problem with the audio.

Early ones tried to integrate it but it was like "fuck that I'm too baller to have my screen with my audio" so you're never getting that again. You you can be "cool."

Fuck you guys.

MODS = FAGGOTS

damn, that's a comfy image

>old trinitron takes SCART straight-in

suuuuper comfy

They just kinda improve everything, don't they?

Attached: umihara-kawase-pvm-climb.png (1608x1207, 2.93M)

What is the difference?

>the exact same exposure was used on the camera!!!!!!!!

but you didnt adjust the gamma in the game on the lcd, retard

Always an excuse from these shills who need to defend a billion dollar industry

Yes I emulate, I just don't have the space for multiple console setups so I just mess around trying to make the best of things.
If anyone has any recommendations on emulators or filters, I would be all ears.

Attached: Earthworm Jim comparison.png (1122x450, 313K)

I was wanting to play a SNES game earlier and I figured that I now have sufficient resolution at 1440p to do some kind of filter that emulates crt subpixels or something

does anything like that exist? something that emulates the actual little RGB guys. That would be great

I want the right one. You don't buy your favorite car to sell it, get another one, and continue the cycle. It's already your favorite one. Difficult analogy given the country.

I emulate and output to a CRT, the most based option of all.

Attached: 335F08CD-301F-4059-96EC-624CCF80FFF8.jpg (1280x594, 87K)

Pretty much fuck bitch niggas listening to youtubers. I have a really big RCA I output on. No fucks at all.

too meta.
I remember the thread from yesterday lolol.

the two trinitrons on top and bottom of the ikegami look great that wega looks awful