Anyone can tell me the appeal of Lloyd, why people likes him? he seems like one of the most boring choices for smash DLC

anyone can tell me the appeal of Lloyd, why people likes him? he seems like one of the most boring choices for smash DLC

Attached: 453245352.jpg (200x351, 14K)

All I say is his design is awesome. Easily the best character of the series design wise.

He is missing a mii costume and a spirit, and also never returned in smash ultimate base game.

DEMON FANG

I always thought he had too much red. Like his gloves should be a different color or something. Maybe grey like his pants.

Either way Yuri is better in pretty much every conceivable way.

His series has really good girls

Attached: 1538741087195.jpg (480x640, 183K)

He was the protagonist of the first 3D Tales game, which was exclusive to the Gamecube for a long time.

It doesn't help that his game is one of the best Tales games in the franchise too.

Attached: 1549484874722.jpg (468x474, 38K)

His design is bland as fuck

Yuri is a boring gary stu, Lloyd is at least nuanced.

Well, people want Lloyd for a myriad of reasons:
1. Tales of Symphonia was the game that brought the Tales series to relevancy in the West
2. ToS sold very well on Gamecube (though that may have been largely in part to the RPG drought that was on N64)

Well, Yuri is pretty much in EVERYTHING. He was in Granblue Fantasy, he was in both PxZ, nearly any Tales of collab usually has him as the representative. I think we need to give someone else a chance.

Symphonia is the most popular Tales game and many are very nostalgic for it. Yuri and Luke might be better written characters but Lloyd makes you feel all happy inside. Also TWO SWORDS NIGGA. DUOLL WIIIIELD

Is the Goku of Tales series

He has TWO Swords, so he's twice as good as your average anime swordsman.

weebs love their cliche JRPGs

People like Mary Sues. Just look at Sword Art Online.

You literally just described Lloyd with your description of Yuri

This logic checks out

>b-b-but this one has TWO swords!
fuck off

One of my friends said he really wanted Lloyd in. I ask him for a potential moveset that would make him unique and he couldn't think of one at all

half the shit he does is shit Mii Swordfighter already does anyway

>I ask him for a potential moveset that would make him unique and autistically refused to accept any ideas as reasonable because he has a sword

>that skit where Lloyd boasts about being 200% stronger due to havin one extra sword
>Kratos just stays silent after that display of retardation

Just give him his standard stuff:
Demon Fang
Sword Rain
Beast
Tiger Blade

As much as I want Lloyd in I have to admit I have a hard time thinking of a unique and fun moveset for him as well. It’s weird cause tales characters feel BUILT for smash but the artes themselves feel kinda bland.

I kind of gotta wonder how fucking dumb Lloyd's mom was.

DWARVEN VOW NUMBER 7

If there is a Bnamco rep it should be Dark Souls or Tekken

>is really stupid
>his actions have caused many people to die, the Iselia incident for example
>gets beaten in combat by Kratos and Angels countless of times
>greatly relies on the help of his friends and other allies
Is he really a mary sue?

You could make it so that he can chain two skills and second skill is an upgraded version. So like sword rain used second would become sword rain alpha, beast used second would become raging beast, etc, demon fang>double demon fang.

So you could do something like sword rain into double demon fang for high damage, or tiger blade into raging beast for high knockback. You could also let him cancel his normal attacks into these skills, and maybe even normal attack>lv2 special>lv3 special.

I think Lloyd's stupidity was more the fault of Dirk not teaching him any values and knowledge other than brute forcong the dwarven vows into him. Also Raine/Refill wasn't as tough on him like she was with Genis

All of those could easily be painted as positives though.

>stupid
In an endearing way
>actions caused people to die
Only because he couldn’t stop helping the people in front of him
>beaten in combat
Slightly valid but that’s just standard jrpg fare
>relies on friends
Good teamwork is a positive

DOOALL WIELDING SWORDS NIGGA

>wasn't as tough on him

The game literally opens with him doing the water pail punishment in class for being a retard.

During school, yes. But Genis and Raine live together in the same house, she probably punishes him more when he screws up at home.

yuri looks like a girl
>inb4 but that's a good thing
not to me

>People don't want boring stuff
>Ask for stuff EVEN MORE boring
I'll never understand you fags.

Ludger, Stan

>he seems like one of the most boring choices for smash DLC
He's also one of the most boring Tales MC's too

My fool's hope is that they pick Cless Alvein.
I really love ToS, though, so despite my total romance with Tales of Phantasia, I hope Lloyd gets in if he has better chances. A Tales rep is a necessity at this point.

Attached: Cless_Albane.JPG.jpg (329x478, 24K)

Tales of Arise news when? When is Namco showing shit at TGS?

He has a lot of cool sword skills

It would be an easy moveset

>Neutral B- Demon Fang (Double Demon Fang if tapped twice in succession)
>Side B- Beast, has armor or Sword Rain/:Alpha
>Down B- Guardian
>Up B- Tempest

Attached: arise.png (643x155, 20K)

As a tales fan I'd just want him in for a character that can chain attacks which sounds pretty fun, but as much as i like lhim i'd rather have Yuri because of Vesperia wanking. Best case scenario, Lloyd is an echo of Yuri but uses his other sword instead of punches, or vice versa.

his design is what made me play his game 10 years ago

i havent played his game before is the PC port fun?

Sakurai said he would pick lloyd first

Main protagonist of one of the more popular entries in a well-loved JRPG series, plus has the bonus of originating on a Nintendo console, which incidentally was one of the very few RPGs ON said console, the Gamecube.

Yuri is a cool guy, but lets give someone else a chance.

FS would either be his normal mystic arte, Falcon Crest or Lightning Tiger Blade (which in my book, is the best looking Unison Attack in the game)

But neither of those games are relevant user

>not liking Lloyd

kys

I feel exactly the same way, especially since everyone forgets that Tales literally started with Phantasia on the SNES. I only wouldn't want Yuri in since he already gets more than enough exposure everywhere else (same with Leon).

dunno about you but yet another anime styled JRPG would be way more boring than anything else

no let me deck mario in the face and make amerifats mad at the same time by having a sword

you can already do that as the FE characters though

The appeal of him in his own game, or the appeal of him being in smash? These are two different things. He's great in his game, but I wouldn't want him in smash since I don't think he'd maker for a unique character in smash though

>I don't think he'd maker for a unique character in smash though

Why? Lloyd would be incredibly easy to make and has a lot of iconic moves.

yeah but half of yuri's moveset can be punches as long as they throw in the obvious cerberus strike, and maybe tiger blade with some other fun basic moves, i have faith

he'd still be a generic anime-looking sword user from a JRPG series, not worth it

>Sorry we can't have this iconic character, he holds a sword

This autism has gone too far.

>Tales
>iconic

Bro hes as generic as a shonen protagonist can get. He's not bad, he's just boring as hell.

Because Lloyd is great.

Mostly because it feels as if we have a swordsman that covers every possible niche
>Heavy Swordsman
Ike
>Projectile Swordsman
Links, Hero
>Mid Range/All Around Swordsman
Corrin
etc, etc

If Lloyd were put in the game he'd probably be pretty similar to Corrin with his demon fang serving as a mid range projectile that helps approach for some short pokes or combos.
I wouldn't hate it if he were in, but I do think he wouldn't really hit any new niche for a charater slot.
Honestly besides Piranha Plant and to a lesser extent banjo none of the new characters feel like they provide any new ways to play a character.

This.
Tempest would be a pretty nice up spec, neutral could be demon fang (which has a combo into double demon fang and demonic chaos)
Hell, maybe do a mechanic where he can swap S and T like in the games where demon fang combos into the close range variant when in the right shift.

There's 70 something characters, of course archetypes are going to overlap. Are Bowser and DK superfluous characters because they're both close range super heavies with dangerous grabs?

Lloyd is the tales character that people like when they've never played a tales game or only vaguely remember symohonia. He's ironically the most generic protag of them all.

As I said I wouldn't hate it, but I'm still hoping for characters that do completely new stuff

Making him and outright combo sword would be pretty nice.
Tales is about linking artes, so it wouldn't be too hard to do to make him able to potentially lock into a combo and depending on the specials used he finishes with raging beast or something.

Well, that's to be expected.

Symphonia is to Tales what 7 is to Final Fantasy: The one that most people remember fondly and the one that most people started the series with (including yours truly).

it used to be hot shit where it matters (japan)

I'd say global appeal matters more than one region

Yeah thats fair we haven't really had a combo swordsman yet since most sword characters just want to poke and get out good job user you make me want him in the game now

Only problem with it is that people would be prone to complaining about being locked down and balancing damage since obviously landing several moves into say beast would be a lot of damage and heavy launch power

Beast could just be a move that places an opponent into a state similar to missing a tech where they can be hit by some moves and also use a get up attack

Real question, if we did get lloyd, would/could he even be voiced by Scott Menville? I remmeber some union dispute a long time ago with him, making him not do video games anymore or something. I almost wouldn't want lloyd at all if he wouldn't have his iconic voice.

He has a mullet and his outfit looks like a Canadian Mountie themed stripper uniform. He's despicable to look at.

Christ if we got the DotnW voice that'd be the ultimate monkey's paw to him being in Smash.

i just want those sweet fatalize/beat the angel remixes

Maybe they would just do what they did with David hayter, and reuse his voice samples from ToS....

He'll get the Cloud treatment and feel like a joke character on South Park in 2007

That the Robin voice? I hated it and never want to hear it again.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a english/japanese voice switch option for each character like some other fighting games have. Then I could set marth and roy back to japanese as well.

Die, you are factually incorrect

>Fighting of the Spirit
>Fatalize
>Beat the Angel
>Full Force aka Battle Theme 1
>Like a Glint of Light aka Battle Theme 2
>Final Destination
>And Thus, I Can Do It

Attached: 199.9%.png (543x700, 835K)

maybe play his fucking game and you'd find out

It's an obnoxious as fuck voice.

Up B: Tempest (unique)
Side B: Beast (2-hit attack, second hit has huge knockback/knockdown)
Neutral B: Sword Rain (mash for more hits)
Down B: Could be his Down Guard from the game for an impenetrable block, or any number of things.

This is all assuming you played the game, which I'm sure you didn't.

He is a great character with a lot of charisma and he has two swords. It's not that hard to understand.

I want to expand on this. In the game he learns sword rain alpha after using sword rain 50 times, fierce/double demon fang after demon fang 50 times, maybe he can learn new skills during the game if you use his specials enough, and then you chain lv 1-2-3 skills depending on how you learn them each match.

He is
>Luke
A spoiled asshole
>Yuri
Lone wolf who will kill so solve problems
>Stan
Domon Kasshu
>Reid
Really laid back and chill guy
>Asbel
Retard with a protection fetish
>Luca
Shinji-lite without the father complex
>Velvet
A demon lord that threw the world into chaos
>Ludger
Walking tragedy magnet
>Senel
Major siscon that can throw damn near anything
>Veigue
Peach Pie and KUREEEHA

Lloyd, Cless, Jude, and Sorey are arguably the most most MCs with Lloyd and Sorey being the worst of the bunch. At least they others had SOMETHING moderately interesting or irritating that kept you awake.

>Muh Luke is a spoiled asshole meme
Fucking virgin stay mad Luke is the best protag in any of the games I've played (Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Berseria). You just can't handle him cause he's alpha. Maybe my opinion is skewed cause I played the undub and his Japanese va is amazing, I'm kind of curious to hear his English va but don't want his character tainted.

But FF7 is actually good. Symphonia is boring. Vesperia is the one that people hail has a great game.

>implying long haired Luke wasnt a spoiled asshole.
user I never said I disliked Luke, but the fact is he was an asshat until Vaan fucked him over. I think he's one one the better MC's honestly.

>Luke is a spoiled asshole
Only during the first act.

>I'm kind of curious to hear his English va but don't want his character tainted.
It's Yuri Lowenthal at his best. The overall english VA is very solid, especially Jade

his design is pretty bland and generic

the pits have 2 swords that become an arrow

whole thread

he would be pretty boring, nothing original to offer, also, there are better anime swordsman picks

100% correct

I really don't dislike it, but there are A LOT of better characters that deserves a spot in smash, he would be a waste of a slot desu

Yeah I guess I jumped the gun sorry please accept this velvet art in return

Attached: 1554689083113m.jpg (694x1024, 212K)

I accept, carry on then

I'd want Ludger of only because that nigga had a lot of tools and I'd want to see how it would transition into Smash. I know it wont happen but I think hed be awesome.

>Luke's Echo would be Asch
>Ludger's Echo would be Victor
yes pls

Attached: 1565816816167.png (432x432, 200K)

Imagine if we could have had Velvet in Smash instead of this boring fuck

Even SSF2 of all games can build a more convincing moveset than that.

Oh shit, I didnt event consider that. That would be pretty badass.

>the pits have 2 swords that become an arrow
That's pretty bad ass.

Baby's first rpg simple as