ATTEMPTING SHUTDOWN

ATTEMPTING SHUTDOWN

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NMk6LLDGp5I
youtu.be/zPiAK_RP8dU
youtube.com/watch?v=vuzy2OsVy1c
youtube.com/watch?v=OwwkjgHE2mk
youtube.com/watch?v=eFdB8EtrPn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

STOP

IT'S NOT-

youtu.be/NMk6LLDGp5I

Isn't it weird how none of the scientists in Half Life 2 really acknowledge their role in the resonance cascade? It was entirely their fault, yet they focus only on muh combine instead of saying just once "sorry everyone, we fucked up". I'd like to think nobody actually knows how much of a role Black Mesa played in bringing the combine over except for direct survivors (who haven't explained anything since so as to not cause the remaining citizens and rebels to lynch them for permanently warping the planet and enabling the most catastrophic holocaust humanity has ever known).

In the alpha everyone blames Gordon too.

Isn't it implied most of them didn't have any idea what they were actually doing, anyway?

>I never thought I'd live to see a resonance cascade, let alone create one
it's like you didnt play the game
oh wait

youtu.be/zPiAK_RP8dU
Mandatory

>using a HL1 quote
it's like you didn't read my post
oh wait

Most of the scientists are probably dead or not clued in. There isn't too much room to be taking the blame when the Combine and any remaining military agencies (pre HL2) would have you captured.

They're waiting for you Gordon, in the test chamberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

there is probably some regrets but overall they were unwilling participants, its the equivalent of blaming soldiers for a battle going horribly wrong when it was the leader who made and executed a shit tier plan despite everybody involved telling him it was a bad idea

Tell me, how does an anti-mass spectrometer cause a resonance cascade?

Attached: 1561003650131.png (1224x820, 1.72M)

MY

ANACONDA

Attached: VMOAcO.gif (720x405, 1.23M)

I actually only finished this game very recently. I'm glad I can now fully appreciate Freeman's mind and black mesa. Also, the fucking nialianth is literally the most terrifying 3d model I have ever seen.

everything in cry of fear resembles it so go play that

youtube.com/watch?v=vuzy2OsVy1c

Terminator one is better

THIS PLACE MAKES BOOT CAMP LOOK LIKE DISNEYLAND

The starting sequence of Half-Life really sets the atmosphere for the rest of the game really well.

WAY
BEYOND
FUBAR

I WAS TOLD THIS WAS GONNA BE A BABYSITTING JOB

Love the "use" sound effect use.

current situation is looking pretty grim

It's genius, showing ordinary operations in the base before everything goes to shit. Then the base environments seem much more meaningful afterwards.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwwkjgHE2mk

Attached: 1566246454122.png (240x240, 24K)

Really a testament to Half-Life's sound design.

The majority of the staff at black mesa were killed, either by HECU, aliens, or the fucking nuke. There aren't many people left you could point a finger at.

youtube.com/watch?v=eFdB8EtrPn4

Attached: Test_chamber.jpg (1280x1024, 856K)

A mass spectrometer excites particles to the point that their black body radiation is visible on a spectrum. I assume exciting the anti mass particles would be exciting anti matter without the annihilation of the collision with matter. Cascades the boundaries between our universe and theirs basically.

But all the ones who DO remain had the biggest roles. Eli directly oversaw the experiment and could have stopped it at any time (and nearly did), Kleiner played a pivotal role in controlling the chamber itself and Magnusson outright ignored a dozen abnormal readings that indicated it would have problems (as he's canonically one of the guys that lets you into the chamber according to Episode 2's dev commentary)

The G-man was the one responsible for the resonance cascade, as he supplied the sample for that day's experiment.
But no one knows that.
Maybe most people don't even know that it had anything to do with Black Mesa.
It was a top-secret black research facility after all

Attached: B0EAE2A6615F405EB426B3976E17D6F3.jpg (646x687, 69K)

MY DOGS ARE BARKIN!

>that DSP effect when crawling through vents