Is it time to try and get into this game for the 7th time?

Is it time to try and get into this game for the 7th time?

Attached: Morrowind.jpg (800x1068, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmHB4XDbaiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it sounds like you're just a fucking casual

jesus christ, nut up and play the video game or stop fucking bitching about. you people are the worst

I've given up on trying to love Morrowind. My best attempt got me like 30 hours in. That was enough I think.

There's a lot to appreciate about the game but the core gameplay gets boring and I hate the encyclopedia NPCs.

Take it from someone who has 243 hours according to Steam: it's mediocre. Still worth it depending on what you like in an RPG

Too much fucking reading

i'll admit it took me a good half dozen installs before it actually clicked really nice

>tfw got into it in my first try
>tfw tribunal burnt me out and can't muster up the will to play bloodmoon

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-09-08 20.37.16.606.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

It hasn't gotten any better. Just read the wiki. That is a fair approximation of what you will be doing in game anyway.

just give up, pleb.

wRPGs made before 2004 are not worth playing because they contain trash DnD mechanics

Fuck it I'll try again. I can't exactly put my finger on what part of tribunal made it so much more of a slog to go through than the base game but I just didn't like it.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-09-06 22.01.55.468.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

Go Battlemage with atronach birthsign.

Why do so many people act like they've got such a hard time with Morrowind? Why would Morrowind be harder to get into?
If anything it was by far the easiest for me to get into. Morrowind more than any other Bethesda game really has you feel growing stronger as you level up. The rate of which you grow is much faster and each step is larger.

Meanwhile in Skyrim practically nothing happens when you level up. Especially later.

Too much reading
Too much not hitting

Morrowind is one of those games that come along once in a lifetime and really helps you sort out the shitty casual crowd from those who enjoy deep and immersive experiences.

Two reasons I think.

One, the game came can have a very steep difficulty curve at the very beginning, even for people who are familiar with RPGs. The difficulty smooths out pretty quickly actually, but new players don't know that.

Two, Morrowind does not do a good job explaining itself. Now I'm against over-tutorializing as much as the next guy, but there is a lot of important information that isn't even explained in the user manual. Morrowind is one of the few games I recomment checking the wiki for because if you don't you'll end up wasting a lot of time in ignorance.

>a lot of important information that isn't even explained in the user manual
like what?

>Spear tied to Endurance
>Damage still scales with Strength instead of Endurance

baby zooms need constant action, flashing lights and beep boop noises to maintain interest longer than 5 minutes.

How it's a bad idea to actually start with a race and class combination that grants you plenty of buffs to your major/minor skills.

It's ironically really easy to go all "fuck reading" with Morrowind. Even though I don't recommend playing the game this way, you can really easily just spam through all the dialogue options which is made even easier thanks to the keyword appearing right in the middle of their actual dialogue. The lack of voice acting and instant text speed also speeds this up a lot.
And then everything important ends up in your journal afterwards anyway. So you can just skip through all the dialogue and then read what they actually wanted from you neatly summarized in your journal.

that's not really that bad of an idea because the scaling won't punish you as bad as oblivion. obviously power players would avoid that but it isn't game breaking.

And everything about a keyword gets saved in the journal so you can always just check later.

yes. mod it too. like this youtube.com/watch?v=wmHB4XDbaiI

Absolutely. I'm playing for the first time and im having a blast.

Attached: vvvv.png (1920x1078, 2.73M)

>like this
Surely you meant like this.

Attached: 1438977555165.webm (854x478, 2.86M)

ok, zoomer

ald ruhn... home...

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (2554x1441, 3.22M)

The goblins are a pain in the dick and the dark brotherhood base is a bit of a slog too

I really disagree with this. Once you realize athletics and acrobatics can be spammed to level up if you can't figure out the game mechanics then one's a bit of a dummy. The alchemy stuff can be complicated but it's just you see more effects as you level and you need to ingredients to make a potion

>Best Fighter's guild quest giver that eventually makes you kill the camonna tong lapdogs
>Best Mage's guild quest giver that eventually, not by design, sets you on the path to have a deathmatch against the incompetent archmage with a nice staff
best town.
Jesus christ I hated having to repair my shit every 5 minutes because of goblins breaking it.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-08-30 21.09.28.845.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

>exploring ald ruhn
>what's this house in the back
>mauled to death by zombies

>Go into house
>Some random sixth house bitch with a shrine in her basement attacks me
>Find out later that it was a Redoran quest
Oh well, not like I was in that house.

I can never remember if you want your major skills to actually be minor skills or vice versa since the actually stat part of elder scrolls games is totally fucked

The gameplay being complete ass is why.
Mystery solved Sherlock.

I just reached arch magister of telvanni in this play through and im giving rise of house telvanni ago. Its really an impressive mod and works frwat in openmw

Attached: 1568215494739m.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

Isn't the difference just that major skills level up faster than minor skills? I guess if it's something you'll use constantly having it in major will lead to excess amounts of leveling up with poor attribute bonus point gains.

and therein lies the problem

Yeah in my first run I ran into a problem where I was too autistic to level up unless I had + 5 in at least 2 attributes. Eventually the issue solved itself when I finally followed my dear and very special friend's advice and paid the Redoran vault in Vivec a visit and became filthy rich and paid trainers.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-08-18 20.43.25.032.png (800x600, 1.37M)

>The base starting value of each skill is 5, but player choices regarding race and class modify those starting values. Each of the five major skills receive +25, and each of the five minor skills receive +10. Each skill governed by the character's chosen Specialization receives an additional +5. Each Race receives additional bonuses to starting skill levels.

Think that's the only difference

>combine potions
>a million magika
>soar around winging fireballs that blow up everything in a town

Just get through it so you can play Bloodmoon. Even just having the new exteriors makes it better.

so what's the best character to be to not have to deal with leveling bullshit?

oh yeah I'm gunna be playing the og xbox version

A class with a focus on archery
Alteration any weapon class (long swords easiest) acrobatics athletics lockpicking illusion and light armor or unarmored will get you through without too much thinking

I already finished Tribunal, I just got too tired and can't be bothered to play the game for more than 5 minutes at a time before closing it. Probably fatigued.
Fuck if I know I'm still in my first run. It's not really that bad since I've already maxed all attributes save for luck. Pretty easy to get broken.

based

make a spell you have no hope of casting and figure out how to do alchemy

tribunal is ass because most of the content is sewer shit

So OpenMW is the best way to play besides the lack of shadows?

ME GRUG NO READ ME SMASH ONLY WORDS BAD

>get the speed perk instead of Lady so that I walk at a somewhat acceptable speed
>have low CHA so everyone talks shit to me when I walk past
You can't win with this game

Also went spellsword but if I were to swap one skill my first pick would be axe for spear. Sort of redundant having 3 weapon skills tied to the same attribute among my major/minor skills.

Attached: first_thing_to_do_in_tribunal.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

It's more like Morrowind is the gate that separates Obliviators and Skybabies from the TES oldfags who've been with the series from the beginning and remember what combat in Daggerfall was like.

It's easy to pick out the people who didn't play Daggerfall because they're the ones who always complain about missing their swings.

There's a weird glitch in the standard Morrowind engine where shadows clip through walls, its kinda nice not seeing that in openmw

There are mod limitations too stuff requiring mwse but im not missing any of them

Actually mwse does allow for some cool stuff but the base engine really runs like shit in comparison to openmw, imo

Do you not know what strength is...? Endurance means you can hit things longer, strength is hit things harder.

Then it's not really governed by Endurance now is it?

Is openmw completed yet? It'd be cool to finally play this shit in co op

>tfw got into it in my first try
>>tfw tribunal burnt me out and can't muster up the will to play bloodmoon
You're just like me.
Morrowind was a dream.
Tribunal was a slog.
Bloodmoon was doo hyphen doo

As long as I can get the full vanilla experience without any bugs it sounds good to me

I played with OpenMW and patch for purists, and there's a bug that stops you from completing a quest when you're talking to Divayth Fyr. I got around it by disabling the patch mod in the OpenMW launcher, finishing the quest then re-enabling the mod. Also another bug was that an npc stilt rider spawned under where they usually stand and died so I had to manually respawn them in the correct spot

yeah i love games that don't force you to read text and dialogue if you don't want to
nowadays it's rammed down your throat

>point out objective flaws in the game as i play
>get called a zoomer even though i have more than 500 hours in the game so far
Ahh truly the enlightened people

unfortunately most of the quests are very dull so reading is preferable to gameplay

There's tes3mp haven't tried it yet tho :/

It's 0.45 right now, so now

Not my home. My home was outside the city limits. Comfy AF

I'd definitely recommend openmw then

Was I the only one who had that glitch that caused certain npc's to spawn under their correct location?

Poor zoomers.

it's missing the vanilla water shaders so not yet, implying they can even bring it back

The silt strider pilots falling of the position happened in base mw too, im patch for purists too have noticed any glitches concerning quests so far

If you minmax you want your major/minor skills to be all useless shit that you can easily powerlevel when needed but that will never gain experience otherwise (like speechcraft),and then you want to pair that with a race that keeps those skills as low as possible so your distance to 100 is the longest.

This gives you complete control of when you level up to make sure that you 5/5/1 every level, and also give you the most maximum levels to gain. You pair this with high end start, and make sure you 5x end every level until it hits 95-100 before moving on to something else. This gets you 100 all base stats, and highest total health.

This level of minmaxing is pointless since even leveling without any strategy at all will make your character strong quickly, and there are so many other ways to break the game, unless you're actually doing some weird challenge run.

The simpler way to get 98% of the same result much easier is to start the game with high endurance and agility, minor spear and med or heavy armor so you 5x end and 1x luck evey level until you hit 95-100 end, and then just play however you want and just +1 luck every level and put your other points in the highest mults without worrying. This will PROBABLY still get you 100 all base stats, possibly a bit less on some, and slightly less max health than a perfect minmax.

The even simpler way is to play however you want and abuse enchanting or spellmaking or alchemy if you actually need/want to be stronger. This gets you buffed stats >100,000 and functionally infinite health.

I'm phone posting and my posts look barely literate sorry

That and you can make a drain skill 100 spell on yourself so that trainers will train you foe 1 gold all the way to lvl 100

>start playing recently
>having a good time playing a thief/stealth archer
>feeling good about the progress I'm making in the main quest
>maybe I'll actually make it to the end of the game finally
>suddenly, track down these six assholes and convince them to name you hortator
>The Thing That Tells You, By The Grace of Almsivi, Honored Counselor of Dicks In Butts, Lord of Faggotry, Where They All Are, Is Written Like This, Ald'Ruhn, District of Vvardenfell, Province of Morrowind
>by the way gonna need you to do this again two more times
>interest instantly lost

Attached: 1470796020830.jpg (400x352, 16K)

Thanks user

What is this patch for purists, the description on Nexus doesn't really mention the specific changes, should I get it?

Bloodmoon was cool af, the whole getting the colony up and going and growing it from a basecamp into a town was neat. Tribunal had a really cool city but sewers is such a cliche fantasy trope. What it needed was going out beyond the gates and exploring the mainland.
I really like the wikipedia aspect for conversation and wish I could interact with people like that in rl. Really obscure tid bits could be selected from a menu and recalled, that'd be the tits. (seeing their disposition)
>Objectifies nearly 20 year old game
>No one cares how much time you spent playing it
That's it! I really think co op elder scrolls would be awesome but that mmo is overdoing it.
It's nice to have a base of operations in all the cool cities. I think the mages guild is comfy due to the interconnected teleportation. It's missing the ability to travel to obscure locations though, like directly to the expansion areas.
Now I didn't know that! hell yea, I only knew to resist magic when putting on boots of blinding speed.

>>The Thing That Tells You, By The Grace of Almsivi, Honored Counselor of Dicks In Butts, Lord of Faggotry, Where They All Are, Is Written Like This, Ald'Ruhn, District of Vvardenfell, Province of Morrowind
The Redoran ones were the easiest to track since they all live in the same building, fuck the Hlaalu ones though. You also missed out on having to deliver an ashlander chief a thicc telvanni wife.

There's something fucked about that quest but I can't remember what; I remember losing a ton of hours trying to finish it.
>tfw forgotten more about Morrowind than zoomers will ever know

The description isn't very good because PfP includee some of the official add ons too. If this is your first play through give it a go without PfP, as you play you'll see the jank you like and the jank you hate, it's the charm of the game

The glitch was from the main questline when you give the dwemer artifact to Divayth Fyr, he won't respond to you giving him the artifact and just repeats the same dialogue everytime.

theres a guy in a bar in vivec city that tells you about that place and gives you a key to get inside. also if you levitate to the ceiling there is a secret room with daedric gear.

Which one? Redoran Hortator or thicc telvanni wife?

>implying it's not part of the fun to start off as a weakling who needs 20 minutes to kill a rat and end up as a gamebreaking god

I've played hours of both the Xbox and PC versions before but I never beat either and it's been a long time since I've played, I want to finally do a full playthrough of it on PC

>theres a guy in a bar in vivec city that tells you about that place and gives you a key to get inside.
Yeah I met the guy while talking to NPCs, still stumbled upon it by accident while exploring the region.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-08-27 18.17.16.564.png (800x600, 1.37M)

That happens in vanilla as well.
t. Never played openMW.
The telvanni wife for Kaushod or whatever.

It's okay to not like things man

this isnt true. make your character as strong as possible and you can go straight to killing marauders in orcish at level 1. without using special weapons you "found", just go buy a weapon and use the armor you get from the main quest line by tlaking to the blades at the very start and go kill things. You dont need to game the system in morrowind like you do in oblivion.

If you remember certain things particularly annoying you in previous playthroughs there's probably a mod for whatever it may be

Having a decently minmaxed character will also naturally slow your levelling and make the curve even more forgiving, on top of being strong af from the beginning.

don't make me hate you

truth be told ive never tried it. always been curious but never gave enough of a fuck to buy it