Iudex Gundyr

>Iudex Gundyr
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you.
>Abyss Watchers
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
Big humanoid in armor swinging TWO swords at you.
>Yhorm the Giant
>Dragonslayer Armour
Big ___________ armor swinging a sword at you.
>Champion Gundyr
>Lothric, Younger Prince
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you AND sometimes uses the magic attack from the Crystal Mage.

> B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1 B B B R1 R1...

Very cool gameplay you got here fellas, but I think I'll pass.

Attached: DS3.jpg (1200x650, 224K)

I just replayed DS3. Wasn't bad, but I don't get where the "DS3 has the best bosses" meme came from.

they're the boss types From do best. convenient of you to have left out everyone else

>game which series revolves completely around fighting humanoids in armor and even has one in the cover
>"waaah aaaah why do i have to fight humanoids in armor guise?!! REEEE"

which boss ravaged your little asshole OP? cmon tell us so everyone can laugh at you for being a little bitch lol
dumbass

Attached: 10369438_1423283054622091_1575895178_a.jpg (306x306, 21K)

you know, having only managed to play the games in order early this year, i do have to agree with that sentiment.

I excluded them because there's nothing wrong with them. Half of the bosses are the shit I listed above.

I beat the entire game with only like 30 deaths.

You mean enemy design? cuz DaS2 is also guilty of that one, gameplay is a separate matter, still a valid point tho.

demons souls had fuck all dude with sword bosses
dark souls used them very sparingly

All the Dark Souls games have the same issues regarding gameplay. They're like movie games; the environments are pretty and the textures looks nice and the animations are decent but there's very little to the actual playing of the game. This is accentuated when they throw a bunch of the same bosses (humanoids in armor with [BIG FANTASY WEAPON]) at you one after the other. You see that there's very little substance.

Attached: gkc.png (952x946, 1.18M)

This thread is truly the epitome of retards who think they have a good agreument a game when really all they're doing is cherry-picking

It has been showing a lot lately but always goes for "is bad gameplay" despite having arguments against a lot of the aspects of the game, not sure why the OP insists is a problem with the gameplay, last night the op even used a DSP video where he got backstabbed by an enemy to argue that it was cheating AI when the issue stems from the way grab animations are handled.

cherry picking straw men argument

What's with all the Souls bait threads these past few days

Who the fuck said that, DS3 has fucking terrible boss design...
And fucking terrible everything else for that matter, but let's leave it at that.

>lists 9 of 25 fucking bosses
>makes an argument on button inputs of all fucking things.
>strawman

Please give an actual fucking reason as to why the game is bad. The game does have actual flaws.

Why does Yea Forums hate this game so much lately when it's better than most games released this gen? Is it really not satisfying compared to the utter disasters we get every month for the past 5 years?

No idea but the instigator seems a bit clueless where it comes to criticizing the game, all elements are out there, nobody would really defend the most valid issues with all the games but the guy keeps using the worst possible rebuttals.

DS3 has 19 base bosses. Technically 18 since Ancient Wyvern isn't really a boss. 9 of these bosses are uninspired, copy-pasted humanoids who all use the same attacks and require the same strategy to defeat. It's cheap and lazy and directly alludes to the piss-poor development cycle and ocean of cut content. The combat is boring and repetitive. The levels beyond the Undead Settlement are simplified and uninvigorating. The storyline is non-existent. With all this in mind, what is the point of this game?

Attached: fd.png (562x628, 389K)

>copy pasted
Of the nine you listed.
>One boss a mob boss with multiple phases
>Two use a halberd, one of which turns into a half dragon mid fight
>One is Armor controlled by pilgrim butterflies
>One rides a fucking dragon into the fight
>one is a two phase fight with a caster and melee fighter
>Yhorm fucking sucks
>One uses multiple forms of attack including magic, pyromancy, a spear and other unique moves

The combat is what you make it. If you spam r1 and never try out any of the 8 or so other attacks available to you.

DS3 is definitely weak level design wise in terms of linearity but are actually good seperately. (See Cathedral of the Deep where you explore every inch of the cathedral)

The story isnt non existent. It's just not in your face. You're given a clear goal and there is a set sequence of events that occur within the game.
With all this in mind what is the point of this thread.

It's a narrative. An incorrect one, but one that you see on Yea Forums a lot.

I do like Cathedral of the Deep but there were a lot of forgettable areas. Irithyll was incredibly disappointing.

>The combat is what you make it. If you spam r1 and never try out any of the 8 or so other attacks available to you.
A combat system is only as good as the incentives to use it. If straight sword r1 spam is so effective it invalidates every enemy in the game, then that is a failure of design.

Out of the Dark souls series it has the most solid bosses. DS1 has too many gimmick bosses that muddy the water desoite also having the best individual fights. DS2 is a joke with bosses. DS3 doesn't really have many standout bosses base game almost all of them are at least decent.

This is such a flawed fucking argument and I hate seeing it. Spamming being effective doesn't just delete all of the complexity in a game. You can be an absolute faggot and R1 spam all day but that's a reflection on you.

Interesting. You press the buttons to play the game.

>One boss a mob boss with multiple phases
If all the phases are essentially the same it doesn't matter.
>Two use a halberd, one of which turns into a half dragon mid fight
Doesn't matter what the weapon model is if the attacks are all the same regardless.
>One is Armor controlled by pilgrim butterflies
This has no impact on gameplay and you wouldn't know that anyway. Why did you say this?
>One rides a fucking dragon into the fight
Every boss should ride a dragon into the fight (I'm being facetious). It's a fantasy game and such things should be expected.
>one is a two phase fight with a caster and melee fighter
Literally the same melee attacks we've been dodging the whole game and more of the copy-pasted Crystal Mage magic shit.
>One uses multiple forms of attack including magic, pyromancy, a spear and other unique moves
All of the attacks feel the same so while they're """technically""" different they really aren't.

>The combat is what you make it. If you spam r1 and never try out any of the 8 or so other attacks available to you.

Why should you hinder yourself with unnecessary attacks when there is one tried and true method?

>DS3 is definitely weak level design wise in terms of linearity but are actually good seperately. (See Cathedral of the Deep where you explore every inch of the cathedral)

Debatable.

>The story isnt non existent. It's just not in your face. You're given a clear goal and there is a set sequence of events that occur within the game.
With all this in mind what is the point of this thread.

The game was cut into pieces so many times and rearranged that, yes, the story is nonexistent. When i beat the game it wasn't satisfying because of everything I previously mentioned and because I did not know what I had "accomplished".

You're grasping for straws.

Attached: tcg.png (836x806, 975K)

Honestly I have the most fun in Dark Souls fighting dudes in armor.
Dudes in armor are cool.

Interesting. You press 2 buttons to win the game.

No, they're boring. You say this because you've seen other people say it. Form your own opinion?

I'm playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time after finishing DS3, you must be retarded to think DS1 bosses are better, Jesus. They are all very simple and easy.

Is it only my own opinion if it's an opinion you approve of?

>Nuh uh
>Nuh uh
>Nuh uh
>Nuh uh
>Nuh uh

If you're going to respond at least take two fucking seconds to formulate a point. PSA: Becuase I said so isn't an agrument. Saying everything is the same without providing proof isn't an argument.
I said DS1 has the best individual bosses (O&S, Manus, Artorias)

>Manus, Artorias
Are these two dlc? Don't remember fighting them yet

bosses are training dummies/loot/exp dispensers, they have nothing to do with the actual game which is basically a 3d group rpg online fighting game with random matchmaking and various enclosed (once you're invaded) levels to fight in. then you hit 'record' and watch an hour of invasions on ps4 while you smoke bowls of meth

Yes

It's your own opinion if it's isn't an opinion I've heard one thousand times before.

If you're too deluded or retarded to understand the validity of these complaints I'm afraid you're too far gone.

I've never played the multiplayer mode so my experience is with the pure game. Therefore, my opinion is the most valid in regards to the true worth of the game.

Attached: Expand Your Mind.png (1186x1190, 2.44M)

That doesn't make any sense, people can come to the same opinion independent of each other.

Most people are retarded, that I'll admit.

There would have to validity in order for validity to be understood

cool

do the DLC

Attached: 1536210273354.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

You could say the same shit about FFXV. Doesn’t make it a good game.

>Iudex
>sword
First fucking sentence and you are already lying. Why are you so desperate for attention?

I will, but I'm stuck at 4 kings, and the bonfire is too far away, so it'll take some months.

in that case it might be good to try out the DLC in the meantime since you can get a fair amount of souls from the bosses there, then return to 4K when you're stronger

>Iudex Gundyr
>Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you.
He uses a bardiche not a sword.
>Abyss Watchers
They use swords in the most unconventional way possible
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Big humanoid in armor swinging TWO swords at you.
Pontiff wears no armor
>Yhorm the Giant
He swings a cleaver, not a sword.
>Dragonslayer Armour
>Big ___________ armor swinging a sword at you.
He swings a giant axe, not a sword.
>Champion Gundyr
This is the same boss as Iudex, just the full version.
>Nameless King
He uses a partizan and the first phase is completely different. He also uses magic.

At least get your facts right before shitposting

>months why are Yea Forumsedditors so bad at games

That's really a testament to how good it is despite its flaws, because I spent at least 400-500 hours having a blast playing DS3 regardless of the issues you enumerated.

Still better than Dark Souls 2

O&S are only famous because they raped everyone on their first playthrough, once you know how to beat them it's not a fun fight whatsoever.
Artie is mechanically the best in DS1 but he's too flimsy, you can kill him in a few hits with any sensible build.

BB has the best bosses anyway

Good idea.

Months just because I'm too lazy to continue.