YO-KAI WATCH 4 IS COMING TO PS4!

youtube.com/watch?v=6DS5UtTayc4

The newest entry in the Yo-kai Watch series is coming to PlayStation 4.

The announcement happened during TGS 2019 and has been confirmed for Japan thus far with western release probably following at the same time as the Switch one.

WE DID IT PS BROS! YO-KAI WATCH FINALLY ON PLAYSTATION!

Attached: yo-kai-watch.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

Well shit. I thought you were just shitposting, but it turns out this is legit. I wonder how this will work with Nintendo?
If only they brought the games here faster.

Told you it was gonna happen, but no one believed me.

Attached: 18052406060470.jpg (1920x1080, 432K)

Attached: 1527153150011.jpg (803x989, 222K)

Layton what the fuck did they do to you?

PS4+Switch combination will help with sales in the West.

Hopefully they work a deal with Bandai Namco to get help with localization/publishing in NA/EU.

I will buy this game if only MC can have Kyubi + Frostail + Darkyubi

>crying_wojack_wearing_a_mario_cap.jpg

I thought Yo-kai Watch was a Nintendo IP but I forgot Level 5 technically makes them. If the PS4 version doesn't run like ass I'd probably pick it up

Cool I guess. Never touched the series but enjoy, sonybros

Attached: 1564943830846.png (512x512, 263K)

>it's real
What the fuck? Did it really bomb so bad in nipland that they're porting it for more sales? Not that I'm complaining, I like the series and will definitely pick this up on ps4 instead of switch now. Just surprising.

I don't think this will help the brand much, but I guess a few extra sales never hurt.

Even with the larger install base i doubt ps4 owners give a damn about this series

I never understood why you would put a Pokemon clone on a Nintendo console. If you buy a Nintendo console you will always get Pokemon. They should have gone Sony or multiplat sooner.

>ps4 owners give a damn about this series
Eh, i will wait someone done playing and sell.

I do not like this long Evan.

But I thought Japan abandoned the PS4!

>ni no cunny 2
is yokai watch even good?

I mean the games were literally outselling pokémon in Japan on the 3DS for a while, then Level 5, as is tradition, messed up with their handling of the series and it's currently knocking on death's door.

The series is actually really popular in Japan and does well, retard

People were posting here that 4 flopped compared to previous entries.

Not anymore, it sold what like 150k week one? Not bad for another series but when you consider that YW2 sold 1.2 million copies first week it bombed pretty hard.

Ah yes, the classic tale of level 5 not knowing what to do with their franchise.

user it's not 2015 anymore

it went from 1M to 150k
its fucking dying.

Cool, if it hits the west with a pc release then I'll get it.

Attached: EEOaKroXUAAM1D5.jpg (1440x1088, 252K)

>its fucking dying.
yeah, because of nintendo. sony is saving it now, just like how they saved monster hunter.

Damn, I guess Sony killed Digimon now that Cyber Sleuth and the upcoming games are releasing on Switch...

user MH was saved because it was a new game, this is literally a port of the same garbage L5 churned out

and no this is all on Level 5. They need to learn how to manage their IPs, but wouldn't surprise me if the devil (Inafune) is whispering on their ears.

Level 5 was mismanaging their IPs long before Inafune got roped into mobage hell with them.

I know, but now they have a devil whispering his sweet honey words to make them double down on their retardation.

nope. cyber sleuth outsold bamco's expectations in the west on ps4.

Attached: sonyalwayswins.jpg (641x731, 73K)

This is b8, because only a fucking retard would think Japan, the only audience for this game, would buy it on PS4.
Put this into perspective: Iceborne came out last week and even though MH remains one of Japan's most popular franchises, the Switch still sold more.

Nice, still gonna buy it on Switch though

I get to play Travis Strikes Again, and Yo-Kai Watch 4 on my PS4. Neat.

Not surprised, being exclusive for Nintendo hadn't been doing shit for them since the first one came over here.

What did they do so wrong? And what's going to stop them from doing it again on PS4?

Literally pointless, and a waste of money and time. Its gonna bomb even worse than it did on Switch, and its not like its gonna come to the west either since Nintendo is the one doing the localization. I doubt Sony gives enough of a shit to waste their own employees time doing this.

I blame Pokefag autism crying about how an "inferior" game was going to steal their spotlight.

You know nintendo footed the bill for translations, publishing and marketing right? Now they have to do it on their own.

Over saturation. They did the Pokemon thing where they made multiple games, except unlike Pokemon, which stretches its mainline releases out, L5 decided to just release games every year.

franchise fatigue

see also: Inazuma Eleven and you see shades of it in Layton too

Look all anyone cares about in this series is the shota

So start posting the shota

Attached: 20190717_152948.png (84x91, 2K)

don't forget the godawful mobile games

It certainly didn't help the localization team there was too PC and Kotaku claiming "YW wuz da Pokeyman killah" bullshit that did more harm than good.

Where are the textures, i know it's an artstyle but the game looks bland as hell

That Layton looks gross

Well, RIP gamefreak.

>every year
They released the third version of YW2 within 6 fucking months of the first two versions. They were retarded

Considering how badly it bombed in Japan, I doubt many care. It's done in Japan; a never-was in the West.

>Its gonna bomb even worse than it did on Switch, and its not like its gonna come to the west either since Nintendo is the one doing the localization.
all level-5 said was that ykw4 was coming to the west, they didn't say who was doing the localization.

What's also disgusting is that they pretty much give up on a series if it didn't go for broke in its initial run

See LBX, now turned into some garbage mobage musume shit

Nothing's going to stop them doing it again on PS4. What they've done wrong is be complete morons and not keep their target audience in mind with YW, while forcing out sequels/spinoffs nobody cares about for YW and Layton, worse than that they spend an absolute ton of money trying to force everything to be a multimedia franchise without properly planning it, so now Inazuma Eleven, one of their 3 big series, has the second season of its new anime ending prematurely, when the game for the first season still isn't out and the manga is over, so the game will no doubt flop.
They can't manage a single IP properly, they had a great thing with Fantasy Life, then made the sequel to it exclusive to Android and IOS.

Did you even watch the video?

Why is there any reason to be upset. More consoles means more people will get a chance to play it. And god only knows the series needs the support.

Attached: 900963CB-68F7-4E97-A36B-FD68E2A122CB.jpg (1194x1024, 231K)

>It's gunna bomb, guize

Those models are horrifying.

It already has bombed*

>sold over 250k in its first two weeks
>in the top 10 best selling switch games this year
>now coming to a whole new audience where it will run at a playable framerate and resolution
Enjoy PS4 bros, and remember that anyone spreading lies pre-ordered the $120 SWSH double pack

Nintendo is the one who publishes every game in the west. They're the ones who handle the localization.

>I don't know who level 5 is, I just know this franchise from pokemon shitposting

But it is, it already bombed on Switch and who in Japan is going to buy a Pokémon-like game on PS4 when they could opt to get it on Switch? (answer:nobody)

Meanwhile, they ignored Dark Cloud.

Fuck these faggots.

Sensible chuckle

But I do care about the series. Keita-kun being as adorable and perfect as he is is just a bonus.

Attached: CBFDD995-A35D-4B54-8E84-76D2011831BF.png (500x634, 162K)

A Dark Cloud sequel is up to Sony though

That's cool. I hope the game will get more fans now that it's multiplat. If there is any online stuff like blasters or treasure hunt. l I hope cross-play is added. I'm gonna get it on the switch since it's portable. Can't wait to play guys.

Attached: Tiger Lily and Peter.gif (500x299, 927K)

Isnt that for kids? The first time I heard of yo-kai was when my brother got a bunch of toys for some knock off pokemon show.

Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle don't need a potentially shit sequel

Next gen dark cloud would need a ton of resources. I doubt it's coming anytime soon.

Keep it on Switch. I sincerely hope Level-5 goes bankrupt

Attached: rTdnMFQ.png (749x628, 525K)

>Isnt that for kids?
Isnt every monster collecting series for kids? Except SMT

Video games as a whole are for kids

New DemiKids/Devil Children never ever.

The series sucked, should be on all platforms so everyone can complain about it.

Its yokai watch m8. Not some AAA flagship franchise.

Second party already beginning to abandon the Switch.

>he doesn't know about MegatenKids

also persona

What drives Nintendies to have this "anyone who doesn't suck Nintendo dick must die" mindset?

user pay attention to that post, it's less about nintendo and more about level 5 being retards

I want this game to sell gangbuster on the PS4 if only so all future Yo-Kai games are exclusive to the PS and I will proceed to laugh at the Sony fanbase for all eternity.

Level-5 has been fucking up for a while its less about Nintendo and more about poor management.

It was expected considering how poor sales have been, there has never been a reason to support the switch with anything other than ports.

Because YW has been shit for a long time now. Did you expect bad games to sell well or something?

Persona and Yokai Watch are on the same console. Based. Come on Sony, make Japan Studio do a mon game, so Pokemon can finally fuck off with the monopoly.

Jibanyan is a lock for the second dlc smash pass. He's in bros.

>game moves to ps4
>nintendo puts rep in smash
Checks out.