It's no masterpiece

It's no masterpiece.

Attached: 220px-Smetroidbox.jpg (220x153, 19K)

It's yes masterpiece.

No, but neither is your dick

its greater than a masterpiece

nah

Its as close to perfection as a game could ever get.

lel

What us your definition of a masterpiece?

Honestly its really fun but i think calling it a masterpiece is a bit much, but its probably the best 2D Metroid game, id argue Zero Mission is just as good or even Better, but what do i know im not a boomer who only knows about snes and n64

N++

Really really damn good game, I think people overrate it more than it should be.

It's not even a good game by default because metroidvania is a terrible genre.

Attached: 1536744303859.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Super Metroid is as much a masterpiece as a video game can be.

Attached: 1505279633554.jpg (800x800, 254K)

It’s a 9/10, no question whether it’s worse. Better? Maybe, it’s got a lot of roots in inspiring other games, and although it has its flaws, no game that tried to copy it came close to the closeness to perfection this one did.

I really want to like this game but I just can't get the hang of the controls. How the fuck are you supposed to juggle run, jump, and shoot at the same time with one thumb?

Crocomire

Attached: DA33EAA4-65EA-45CE-B5E8-6D49A3C9A450.png (903x928, 1.97M)

Ok

Attached: Miki_eating_a_jelly_donut.gif (128x128, 186K)

Get bigger hands or smaller controllers.

Also, I always reassign buttons so its dash to A, jump to B and shoot to y with item cancel on X, item select on select and L and R for diagonal shots up and down.

Maybe this will help you out abit.

Here's what I'd fix personally:

>add a new game +
>add more difficulty modes
>add more uses to power bombs and give me a reason to unequip beams, like have the special beam combos have unique properties
>make spazer and plasma work together
>remove the intro cutscene
>retcon Samus into a robot, or at least keep her from ever appearing outside of her suit.

here we go again

Super Metroid's sound effects suck. Her arm cannon, it goes "Pew Pew"

Metroid 5 fucking when???
It better be soon after Prime 4's release in 2030

Samus's jump feels like fucking shit and there's literally nothing you can do to change my mind

Attached: mareioh.png (1015x566, 616K)

Next year

cringe but redpilled

It really isn't. It's not bad and it has a lot of cool tricks due to the controls and mechanics but the map is a mess and the game in general is a slog unless you have everything memorized already. I get the appeal for speedrunners but I'm not into that.

I won't try. It does feel like shit and it makes the platforming very unsatisfying especially small precision jumps.