ITT: Beginner's Traps

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 5.10.48 PM.png (722x514, 654K)

A whole lotta JRPGs.

You mean people who don't read walkthroughs trap

what

I doubt there is a single person who didn't read a guide or somehow missed him falling knew to jump over that gap.

HOW WERE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW

not a trap, just some wild unintuitive shit you'll only learn about after beating the game once

If you check on him after he falls, he gives you a crappy jetpack and dies.
If you don't, not only does he live, he makes an infinitely better one which allows you to go to Hell/Sanctuary.

Blaire White

FUUUCCCKKKK

Attached: smnoob1.png (514x435, 200K)

Attached: Bridget.png (761x899, 671K)

This is not a trap, just an unfair, bullshit, unintuitive moment that literally locks you out of a better jetpack and weapon, and an entire zone and true final boss. There's NO way to know this without reading a guide.

Cave Story is a great game but this specific part is pure bullshit
there's literally no reason at all to not check him unless someone spoils you, and the game only bothers hinting this literally one room before the final boss

>Hmmm... what happens if I ignore him and go through the door?
>Seems like a tricky jump...
>Hey! What's that red line for, maybe it marks where I have to jump!
>Wow I made the jump! Even if this wan't intentional, it'll make for a fun challenge!

Do you really expect us to believe you didn't read a guide?

It doesn't help that the jump is quite difficult

Very few people notice the line and those that do probably think it's merely decorative, like everything else.
And the jump is made to seem impossible.

yes, because people are expected to ignore important stuff for no real reasons

that's the point you complete retard, he wanted you to play again knowing this and find a way to avoid it. Why would there even be the normal ending if you were just expected to somehow know about it the first time?

>and the game only bothers hinting this literally one room before the final boss
How? I don't remember this.

the bookself in the save room has Booster's journal pretty much saying if he had more time he'd finish the jetpack

This game was very obviously not intended to be beaten with the secret ending on the first playthrough, that's why it's convoluted and makes no sense,it was intended to be that way,hell the hint that tells you to ignore booster is at the very end of the game.

Every single screen of Ninja Gaiden

And how does that make you think "shit, if I had left Booster to die I could've obtained a better jetpack"?

if talking to him leads to him dying then maybe he won't if you try something else

That's why it took literal months after release for people to figure it out, then?

Kek. Spot on mate.

>Why would there even be the normal ending if you were just expected to somehow know about it the first time?
because it could be hinted and some people would find out while others wouldn't, that's how it works for every other game with multiple endings
forcing you to blindly go through the bad ending is bad game design and the cheapest way to pretend your game has replay value

>bad ending
ok retard, unless you think fleeing on the dragon is the ending you're forced into

>Be idiot
>Identify something isn't technically impossible
>Act like a cunt and tell everyone who makes reasonable arguments about bad game design off for no reason.

>it's merely decorative
Literally the only block on the screen with that red dot.

>A game having secrets is now considered bad game design.
The current state of nu-Yea Forums

secrets are fine, as long as they're obvious and I can find them the first time because my fragile ego can't stand having to play a two hour game more than once.

What does not wanting to waste my time have to do with ego?

secrets are fine. Something being fundamentally counterinuitive is dumb.

This. At least Cave Story isn't too long, but stuff like this is on the same level as the absurd amount of missable content (including entire dungeons and bosses) in Tales of games, which are very easily missable and sometime require stupidly intricate and counterintuitive shit in very specific parts of the main story.

the problem is the stupidity of him dying ONLY when you talk to him. It makes no sense.

When he fell, he lost most of his energy. When you talk to him, he uses up the last of his energy thus resulting in his death. If you don't talk to him, he can simply lay down and wait for his energy to recover, when it's powerful enough, he can function on his own again and continue work on his Booster. Therefore, when you talk to him, you are actually murdering him which most players do not realize. It's actually really deep and metaphorical.

Attached: Mimic.png (476x666, 219K)

God I wish someone would talk to me.

>unfair, bullshit, unintuitive
It's pathetic that so many people react like this because they missed a fucking secret. Newsflash to every retard in this thread, you're not expected to help Booster on your first run, or even several runs after. Hell is supposed to be an optional area that only people who enjoy replaying the game a lot would have figured out. The kind that would start experimenting with shit just for the fun of it, maybe they didn't see the red marker the first two times but they catch it on their third playthrough, whatever. Just because you read a guide that gave it away doesn't mean it's fucking bad design you mongoloids.