Why does Nintendo hate this franchise?

Why does Nintendo hate this franchise?

Attached: metroid.jpg (1600x800, 233K)

>Restarted Prime 4 because Namco fucked up

Any other publisher would release it as is, this isn't the Other M dark times. If Nintendo hated it then we wouldn't have gotten Ridley in Smash.

They’re literally working on a 4th

because it requires too much effort

We got a remake of 2. No one expected that after the disaster that was federation force.

Still no prime remaster on switch.

Nintendo doesn't hate it, they just legit don't get why it is so popular in west.

Ridley and Dark Samus in smash, restarted work on MP4 because they felt Namco wasn't doing a good enough job a lesser company would have released what ever was made and tell you how they will patch it later.

unpopular in japan

At least Nintendo didn't blame NLG, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks great.

a shitty outsourced remake

It sells like shit and underperforms literally every single time. It's only liked as much as it is in the west, by a small group of dedicated consumers.

Only westerners enjoy is and Japan doesn't care for it so Nintendo doesn't care. Nintendo are a Japan first company and only recently did they stop being that way completely.

The worst part is fusion mode is locked behind amiibo, which would have happened inhouse.

Wikipedia says Federation Force only sold 4,000 units.

I think they just don't know what to do with Metroid anymore. Sakamoto tried and failed to bring the series into 3D with "Other M". When that bombed, I think it left them in an awkward position. They could either keep releasing 2D platformer titles, but that's only good for the odd niche release like "Samus Returns", and wouldn't be enough to sustain the series. They could keep developing Prime games, but we've all seen the trainwreck that Prime4's development has been.

I think it's just in a tough spot because they don't really know what to do with it anymore.

I think it's pretty obvious what to do. Keep developing Prime as the "main" series with 2d spinoffs.

They don't. Other M just fucked everything up.

Sakamoto either lost his marbles or just got sick of it and now we are stuck with the biggest hack at the company, Tanabe

>Wikipedia says Federation Force only sold 4,000 units.
We literally had 2 separate threads where one employee tried to shill the game for them and 2 others in a later seperate thread came to trash Yea Forums and metroid fans as a whole that it'll be successful whether we like it or not. They never got fired by the way.

Pic related for the former.

Attached: IMG_2587.png (1073x2731, 993K)

Sakamoto got assblasted when the Prime series turned out to be better than anything he has ever made and tried to make them not canon. Then tried to do his own 3D Metorid game and failed.
It's a miracle they apologized publicly for the insufficient quality of the Prime 4 they had halfway done and are completely remaking it.

the remake of 2 was shit
AM2R was much better

There is definitely some of this as well. Nintendo has always gotten assblasted when Western devs do great things with their IPs. Given how long Sakamoto has been with Nintendo, and the amount of pull that he no doubt has, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he, himself, is the one who is canning new Metroid titles

They said they pulled critisism for Dark Moon from forums when making LM3, I wonder how much they got from here.

Because only Americans care about it.
Metroid might as well an xbox game to the Japanese.

It doesn't make that much money. I fucking love Metroid but there's really no denying that. Plus its not popular in Japan.