What's the verdict for Blasphemous?

What's the verdict for Blasphemous?

Attached: bboss.png (790x438, 439K)

2edgy4me

pls respond

I want to try this game and I'm worried since the last zeitgeist game I bought on switch was Bloodstained and I regret it because it's quite literally the worst version. Liked the game itself though. What's the verdict on switch version of blasphemous?

Edgy and tedious

Edgy trash
Looks like a 14 year old made it to piss off his parents

Intriguing art design doesnt save it from being sidescrolling indie pixel art.

eh

The anons responding clearly show that they haven't played it. I'm about halfway through the main story and it's kinda ok. It's not as good as hollow knight, but still a pretty good experience. It's your standard metroidvwnia experience. It doesn't try anything new apart from the aesthetics. Well, it's not even a metroidvenia because as far as I remember you don't need abilities to proceed to other areas. You just colect shit that makes everything easier.

pretty pixel art, slow and boring gameplay desu

some interesting art (albeit quite inconsistent), tiresome gameplay, shallow experience

plagiarized from souls. Shamelessly so.

It's like a 6/10 game, there's nothing really outstanding outside of the artstyle. The issue is that the art style isn't even consistently good through out the game.

Enemy/platform placements are really bad and the levels are just not interesting outside of the metroidvania factor. Bosses are meh.

Settings simply isn't intriguing at all since everything throughout the game is just "The Miracle, it just werks"

It fills the same space as Death's Gambit for me, Mediocre gameplay held up by nice pixel art with some souls influence thrown in. I'd rather play Momodora instead personally.

Its pretty good, it feels very weird at first, but gets very satisfying to play once you get used to it.
There have been some glitches I've noticed though, mainly graphical, but there have been a couple times where enemy AI shits itself and they just stand idle, allowing me to essentially get a free kill, and something more major I just encountered is a random softlock.
I literally could not do anything, not even open the inventory or map. Had to just close the game and restart.

Also it seems kinda short for a $25 game as well, I was shocked to see my save file was 30% finished after only 2 hours. Maybe Bloodstained just really spoiled me.

Attached: blasphemous softlock.webm (1280x720, 980K)

Salt and sanctuary with a worse map but ends up being a better meme because its ultra try hard dark souls metroidvania clone. At least salt and sanctuary has original lore. Blasphemous lore is pretty much copy the bible but make it super edgy

>The spanish baroque was edgy
The fucking hell are you? Huguenots?

Attached: 1540751386608.jpg (691x625, 236K)

To anyone who's beaten it: About how many hours does it take to beat?

I beat it in 10 hours with 90% completion. 15-20 if you want to 100% it

I'm about 10 hours in and just about to beat it but alot of stuff still to find.

it has some decent looking bosses.
i'll give it that.

Attached: 99907.png (781x437, 369K)

It's pretty, but from what I've played of the demo the controls are stiff and unresponsive, and the level design is awful. I really like the artwork, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

edgy wannabe dark souls trash

that are completely static

the death guy comes to mind, he attacks you while lying down on a bunch of hands, lmao