Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVC_tnVIU1w
holoverse.com.au/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was a lie just like ray tracing

Turned out user, it was limited....

FUCK

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

The company behind it runs a bunch of craptacular VR experience bars in Australia now.

They made it even bigger than ever
youtube.com/watch?v=MVC_tnVIU1w

They used it to create the holodeck

holoverse.com.au/

I was a scam you fucking moron. This has to be explained to you people every fucking time this garbage is brought up.

FUCK OFF THE HOLODECK IS AWESOME

Jesus it just looks like a slight less shit version of kinect

1000000% a scam with the most pretentious community man I've ever heard.

Feels bad man, I thought this was going to be the future. I guess the big publishers put a stop to it because it would threaten their business model, fuck EA man

It was so unlimited it couldn't be confined to PCs or Consoles.

They sell geomapping software and they also run a successful Augmented Reality tourist business.

They just got BTFO for lying about voxels

oh for a second i thought it said worlds first hologram arcade GAME
i was like lol nope

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

holodeck? more like HOLOKEK!

Their mainly sell the tech for a giant lidar scan viewer/manager program, city size scans, and they are still trying to make it game friendly.

They doesn't sound too bad. Why are people so salty?

Because they were hyping it up like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ and compared it to graphics of actual games when all they had was a tech demo incapable of doing anything with motion in it, much less sound or dynamic lighting.

Is that like those voxel based tech demos everyone was shilling years ago?

Looks pretty cool

it was cool and it triggers old fags. this is some 2004-6 shit we're talking here.
the dude was also self taught, which was kinda impressive for the stuff he was doing at such a high level. College educated twats probably get all butthurt seeing him because he was an atoned neet who happened to get an ineterest in a subject way outside those bottom bitches codemonkeys depth.

intel had a keynote one or two years ago on voxels that reminded me a lot of euclideon's stuff. It was a bit suspicious, especially since it's been some 10 years since I last heard of them. I knew about this though, I just thought they had abondoned the gaming engine side of things completely.

Wasn't this used to scan 3D buildings for maps or something

wtf. Considering it can do animations, why no one tried to create a pc game with this technology?

3d scanners use this stuff, and its amazing, but the problem is, when it comes to animation, its FAR worse.
Making 3d environments are amazing with this.
(Scanned my house with one of these $50,000 scanners, and its amazing how good it is. Friggin ran on a tablet too.)
But millions of pixels moving is beyond what any animator is capable of working with, so its just not game friendly. (It also lags machines like mad when you attempt even the most basic of animations)

>there are no voxel games
you need to go lurk moar

where did i say that there are no voxel games?
What i said is why no one tried to make a voxel game based on Unlimited detail.

it was a trick question anyway. they are very different kinds of voxels.

there are some games that used voxels instead of polygons, but it hit a wall, and never got as good as polygons.