Now that the dust has settled, was it good?

Now that the dust has settled, was it good?

I appreciated it for what it was and got addicted to grinding out a few levels of infamy, but this was only made possible with mods and additional scripts to give the game a lot of quality of life features (skinning guns for entertainment and stacking up multiple bags of loot at once were chief among which). It was repetitive, yeah, but that's the nature of the game and you either accept that or you don't and move past it. I have fond memories of First World Bank. But I get that this wasn't for everyone. I wouldn't mind a Payday 3.

Attached: PAYDAY-2_1.jpg (1280x1111, 545K)

>was it good
Hell no but I had fun with it and still do. Wish we got a competent dev to make Payday 3.

It was great, for a couple of years. Then the excessive DLC and shoveling shitty cameos down our throat made it so fucking bland and awful.

It had extremely satisfying gameplay, and could have been phenomenal if the dev's weren't fucking retarded.

The DLC model really did damage the game more than it helped, yeah. It was a huge turn off unless you had a coordinated group of autistic furry friends to link up and play constantly with.

This hits it on the head. Instead of listening to the community with better balance among the talent trees, more stealth mission besides fucking Shadow Raid, and increased content that wasn’t behind insane paywalls, it would’ve been one of the best co op games of all time.

>it's fun
>but it's not good

Attached: 1558992231501.png (575x376, 71K)

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Games like pokemon are universally accepted as being vastly inferior to other RPG's to the point where many don't even consider them good but you can still be a fan and have fun. As for Payday, I enjoy a lot of aspects like the whole master criminal thing and the wide variety of builds but the repetitive and flat out poorly designed heists make it a bad game in my opinion.

The purpose of a game is to be fun. If it's fun, it's a good game. That it has flaws doesn't make it not good.

But I can have fun with anything as long as it appeals to my niche tastes like nothing else does. Payday for the most part is a very poorly designed game but I have fun with it in spite of that.

Yeah, got almost a thousand hours of enjoyment and fun with friends out of it. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

>Running a Dodge Build
>Get hit by sniper

Attached: fuck_me.gif (589x662, 3.81M)

game is fucking shit don't bother
t. got 98% of all dlc for free

>almost at the end of lab rats on one down
>internet connection drops

The game is bad and I'm still mad that they took away things I had already unlocked in the base game and locked them behind the ultimate edition paywall.

DONACDUM

I bought all the DLC for less than 10 bucks and it's not so bad.

I put 250 hours into it, but uninstalled once the microtransaction shitfest happened. Haven't played it since, and I haven't had any interest in playing it since.

Looking back at it, the gameplay isn't spectacular. But it was an opportunity to mess around with friends.

It's fun but the first game was better

It was okay. It started off good, but the DLC got really out of hand, and the safes damaged the game. The game is still great with the sheer weapon and build variety though. Fine for a nostalgia play once in a while, especially if you have someone to play it with.

Attached: CSg9XvMWIAAqoEn.png (256x301, 4K)

>Deletes all of your health on Go Bank

Attached: Sniper.png (800x600, 379K)

It was genuinely fun and I'm glad the game got left in its current state. Everything is viable if got the proper skills for it, even post-nerf grinder

Attached: 1565211241884.png (298x298, 3K)

>grinder nerf

That one hurt a lot. Low armor anarchy is not the same.