What's the scariest most nerve-wracking game you've ever played?

What's the scariest most nerve-wracking game you've ever played?

Attached: IMG_8042.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WxrXvDdKuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

as a kid, resident evil gun survivor
as a teen, silent hill
now, REmake on the first run
REmake 2 isn't very scary, the zombies aren't really a threat and mr. X looks silly
the plant zombies are a pain but they're not scary

F.E.A.R. so far.

FNAF

FEAR loses its horror factor when you realize the spooky things never harm you they're just for show and you only fight soldiers
you just have to shoot the girl at the end

thing is it maintains that horror factor all throughout (except for the escape gauntlet at the end). RE2 plays more like a cheesy B-movie.

yeah, Alma et al. don't touch you, but there were several instances when i just straight up Alt+F4'd and headed to bed simply because i couldn't take another step down some über-dark corridor lol.

there's that one segment i remember well; you turn left past rows of office cubicles, and she's there crawling towards you at full speed. fell out of my seat after

The suffering

The only thing thats makes me clench my asshole in fear is when I know that if i were to die, i will be punished hard for it. Most mondern horror games give the player a checkpoint every five minutes. This completly ruins any of tension the game has to offer since I know the stakes aren't very high. I played Remake 2 on hardcore recently and only a few times did I go ten mintues+ without saving.Those few times are the only times i felt any sense of fear or tenseness during my playthrough. I honestly can't remember the last horror game i played that really spooked me. Maybe back when i played deadspace when i 17, but if i were play it now i doubt it would give me that same intense feeling i got my first time playing it desu.

>scariest
Probably the OG Silent Hill, I don't think I've played a game that's come close to being as spoopy. SH4 is probably a distance second.

>nerve wracking
Something like RE4 or TEW, those games get fucking stressful at times, RE2 remake never had my heart racing quite like those games did.

I never understood why people dick suck the "classic" REs so much. It's nothing but running from room A to B speedrun style while running away from 9/10 enemies

Minecraft in the 1.7.3 era was the closest I've come to a panic attack. Those caves were something out of sleep paralysis. Ordinary horror games try too hard to generate fear for me to actually be scared.

It was a different time. As much as people complain about the games basically disappearing, theres a reason they have not resurfaced unlike every other old genre that got a revival of some sort. They're products of their time, born from technological limitations and making do with what they had. In some ways this elevates them, but in others they're not that great.

That probably has more to do with how much you lost when dieing in MC compared to most horror games with bountiful checkpoints as opposed to trying too hard to scare you.

Yeah, the first person and potentially extreme loss contributed to the fear. The darkness and sudden appearance of enemies helped too. It was constant dread + unintentional jump scares that made it so terrifying.

My peanus weanus of course.

Make fun all you want, but amnesia.
I didnt even finish it.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 31K)

What's the scariest silent hill game? 2?

Because unless you've played the game before, you don't know where everything is located and thus can't "speedrun" from room to room

Also dodging multiple enemies in tight spaces is harder than it sounds, especially when there are lickers or Mr X in the room

Not exactly a game, but when I was adaptating to VR, the first experiences standing on the endless grid while loading something scared me shitless.

I don't understand people sucking classic RE as "scary," but they're really fun and challenging games. The formula just werks as an adventure game.

When I was a little kid I remember playing doom and being terrified of it. I'd open a door and then pause it and run out of the room until I got over my fear.

Silent Hill 4. I'm sorry but the way the monsters are designed and the atmosphere can really fuck me

Attached: xbox_silent_hill_4-110214.jpg (640x908, 103K)

Imagine being scared by vidya. Lowest test on Earth confirmed

Attached: 1567905097575.jpg (750x906, 137K)

The Remake and 7 are scary. I would overall call them creepy

REmake is very creepy in the first 2 hours or so, and RE7 Beginning Hour + the first few hours of the main game are spooky as well. I'd put both experiences up with Minecraft caves, as you don't know what to expect yet. Once you get some weapons and understand what the game is going to throw at you though, it becomes any other action/survival game.

I don't know why but the Fatal Frame series to this day puts me on edge.

I'd add RE2make to that. The moments with Mr X chasing you constantly are incredibly tense

>first 2 hours
spotted the absolute casul

Dude nobody cares about your minecraft caves

I've finished REmake maybe 6-7 times at this point. I know the game remains tense, but it's nothing like your first few hours in the mansion on playthough 1. Those first hours are an incredible experience before you gain confidence from your arsenal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't scared by the RE2 Remake. Maybe it was also because everything was familiar to me already.

silent hill 3 with headphones

Then why are (You) replying?

Resident Evil 7 in VR. That shit made me quit halfway through and I had to finish it without VR.

What segment was your breaking point? Marguerite?

Fatal Frame 2

Resident evil 7 in VR
Nothing comes close to it.

STALKER

Attached: stalkin.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

Again with this: What's the scariest part of the game? I played it without VR and I'm genuinely curious.

for me knowing what the enemy IS stops the fear
in RE2, it's just zombies
now that lisa trevor shit in REmake was fucked up

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Like the first time I saw the dog-scare as a kid(you know the one) I literally was the only time I ever actually shit my pants out of fear. But in the remake, I already knew what was up when I entered the area. And yeah fuck the Trevor stuff. I thought there was gonna be a lot more scarier stuff in RE2 remake given how much technology has improved. Great remake, just not what I really expected.

Let me put it this way, I played the entire campaign before I got the PSVR headset like 2 years later down the road, now on this play through, I'm on the edge of my seat the entire time, this game was definitely made with VR in mind, all the jump scares and everything actually do get to me, having set that, it didn't make me stop playing the game, I'm currently on the ship section of the game.

The problem isn't the tech, it's (You) and the game design. It's a survival horror TPS action game, which means players can find some normality in multiple playthoughs. They can figure out how things work and optimize their route to get S ranks, like classic RE. If you want to truly be scared for an entire game, you need to play the dreaded "cinematic experiences" that give you one shot at every turn. Succumb to $5 FPS horror on Steam.

>They're products of their time, born from technological limitations and making do with what they had
Dude that's most games.

No shit. Every game is a product of its time, but some transcend their era and remain playable for all time. Look at Pac-man, Galaga, Pong, Mega Man, Super Mario. Old game transcend eras all the time.

>but some transcend their era and remain playable for all time
Explain this retarded reasoning.

>Look at Pac-man, Galaga, Pong, Mega Man, Super Mario
All I'm seeing is games I played and enjoyed somewhat at the time, but then dropped once bigger and better things came out. Who the fuck still plays Galaga when R-Type exists?

Attached: 1517544164731.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

People with taste, you contemporary subhuman. I have no more words for (You).

alien isolation but to be fair i did have xenomorph fobia before starting that game.

Also dead space 2 on hardcore mode was a incredibly tense experience (only 3 saves)

>People with taste
People with shit taste, sure. Go play Kong for another 20 thousand hours, fucking autist.

Some games don't hold up at all no matter how many basedboys say other wise. Like Banjo Kazooie

Attached: 1447645328399.jpg (612x612, 104K)

Did you see me claim every game holds up? Save your shitposts for the (You)s that deserve it, dipshit.

I just fucking hate Banjo Kazooie

7 is wayscary than 2

This when I was young

Attached: Tweety.jpg (480x360, 21K)

For the first 1.5 hours. After you leave Beginning Hour content, the game isn't scary at all. BH is absolutely terrifying on a first run, though. More than P.T.

Maybe if you're not playing in VR.

First DaS play through in the Depths, fell down one of the pits in the narrow passages.
It was a tense area to explore but getting swarmed by those basilisks, with their giant bulbous "eyes" freaked me the fuck out.

>I have no more words
The usual response of a smooth-brain without a single thought to back him up. You didn't have any in the first place, you cretin, all you did was claim some bullshit and never substantiate it. The stupid old game good crap is the usual thing you see with casuals who don't even play videogames.

Sure, but almost no one plays in VR.
If VR was standard, I'm sure RE7 would be regarded as the scariest game ever made.

Yes, almost nobody has good taste. Why does the regard of the masses mean anything to you user?

Hmm, but you only seem to have words of criticism against that post. Do you have anything more to say, or just words of criticism against this reply? Prove that you have something worth replying to, because I don't feel the need to prove the same.

If it meant nothing to you, why did you acknowledge it?

Something can both exist and yet be completely irrelevant at the same time. Like you user.

And your totally pointless reply to my shitpost? You're feeding a beast that gets off on your idiocy here.

>Something can both exist and yet be completely irrelevant at the same time. Like you user.
Jesus H. Christ

Attached: 1521172792061.gif (480x270, 867K)

Clock Tower
>Enter a room
>Not knowing if Scissorman is hiding there
>He is probably hiding where you are going to interact next
>That fucking music when he finds you
youtube.com/watch?v=-WxrXvDdKuw

STALKER SoC