How does this game hold up?

how does this game hold up?

Attached: silent-hill-1-4.jpg (639x479, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It holds up well. The lo-fi graphics add to the atmosphere.

Graphics and horror wise it holds up pretty well, but the gameplay does not. SH3 pulled off the same ideas better, but I prefer SH2's lowered focus on the combat.

Silent hill 1 was designed by hand picked artists and designers at konami. Everyone working on this game was the best of the best. Shockingly this is a foreign concept nowadays. Likely because you can get a factory of entry workers to make a giant unpolished open world. Which will sell dramatically more.

Silent Hill was made by a one guy who kept begging to make a horror game, and after re1 sold well they gave him a team of interns to do it

Yep, it's amazing at 5x rendering resolution too, like said the graphics only help with the atmosphere.

Really wish there were more modern games that went low-poly instead of all this "muh graphics!!" memeing, sucks that the only chance at low-poly we have now is all indie trash.

FIRST PERSON WHEN

maybe you should play it and find out

First person to suck on these nuts gets it

>>Really wish there were more modern games that went low-poly instead of all this "muh graphics!!" memeing, sucks that the only chance at low-poly we have now is all indie trash.

>I love this thing
>but I can't play it if the studio behind it isn't a multimillion corporation

why are you such a fag.

I never said I won't play it, just that it sucks only indies (aka where 99% of games are trash) are ever gonna go low-poly now, learn to read.

>learn to read.
> indies (aka where 99% of games are trash)

Ah yes, my english isn't good I can't find the magic invisible parenthesis until you pointed them out.

but seriously this shit gets filtered out by massive communities and they lump good games on your plate every day. I don't know how you can bitch that there is no option, then whine that there are too many options, and then finally whine when the options are filtered for you.

he literally calls indies trash in the exact same sentence. so yes, you are retarded.

Hes implying not all indies are trash when he responds to my response that he must love AAA cock.

he doesn't think indies are trash, just 99% of them.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>tl;dr how to install this shit video tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! Don't install under C:\Program Files\ !
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order
-Never play below Normal difficulty
-Replaying them all is recommended
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help

Attached: 1563159085274.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

It's still my favorite SH game.

I loved the fuck out of SH1 but I recently started SH2 and I hate the monster designs in the beginning. Do they get better? They just keep trying to spray perfume on me and it's more annoying than it is scary.

The only part that sucks is the last boss lightning attack. Gonna want some heals there.

Amazing game. Use headphones if you can.

Be glad that at least.... They.... Aren't here

Attached: images (32).jpg (490x512, 40K)

There are some better ones later on, but it's still kind of a weak point with SH2 that the monsters are more interesting with their symbolism rather than as good video game enemies.

but silent hill had great graphics for ps1
it looks good because they had to work around hardware limitations
if they made a low poly game nowadays it'd be shit and still heavy to run because muh shaders

I played it two years ago for the first time. 10/10 one of the best games I ever played in my life, I'm being serious.
Atmosphere is unique and unlike anything else. Sound is terrific, graphics, art design, world design are mindblowing for its time. It was way ahead for its time.