Repent. Penance is key

Repent. Penance is key.

Attached: repent.png (698x785, 82K)

Is shit gameplay key?

The gameplay is a'ight tho.

What's even the point with Penance? So you kill, then what? What was the point of that? It's not satisfying. It's totally unrelated to the story and doesn't give you ANY useful rewards. It's pointless.

My sides

Nice finally got my three wounds. HYPE

>poison doesn't fall in a pattern
I hate this

wat

In the sewers. The poison goop that falls from the pipes doesn't fall in a pattern.

Oh lol. I thought you meant the mist of poison.

the goop deals so little damage I wouldn't really worry about it and it deals zero knockback.

I know, but it still really annoys me

I'm interest in the lore of this game can someone please spoil it for me?

The OP is literally the story. You must repent through penance.

How do I negate the water inhibiting my jumps, aaaaa I'm 82% in the game put I still can't get to the most obvious ledges.

Help the pilgrim guy finish his quest

You mean the bowing guy? I have him in from of the statue in the mother of mothers is one of the toes(big one I guess) the item needed or is there something else to his quest?

what game?

You need to equip all the rosary items he gave you, should be 3 of em.

>Get the key for the eldest brother's chamber
>Brace myself for an optional boss fight
>Just get an item that makes hidden platforms appear
Time to explore the whole map again

Thank you, user you are a life saver. This game obscure like a old NES game when it comes to clues

Where does he show up? I've met him twice so far: once in Jondo (can't miss him), and once way the fuck back near the beginning where I knocked out a wall for him.

Where do I get the ability to activate those thorn-like platforms?

inb4 christards stars seething in the thread again

So is Cvstodia supposed to be some sort of shithole? A good number of these items lore seem to imply so.

Next is on the path to the bridge of three cavaliers you need to knock over a tree, next you'll meet him on the patio right before the entrance to the mother of mothers after that he's infront of a bowing statue statue in the mother of mothers

From what I gather it seems like a place that was rather powerful and prosperous given it was sending foreign missionaries out and was able to build great structures to the Miracle, albeit with lots of horrible shit going on in the meantime. Then when the Pestilence kicked in everything got far worse, but even in-game Albero seems like a fairly livable if not terrific town outside all the disease and dead bodeis.

Its a gift from the egg of hair, you need to do 2 extra things apart from offering 3 items to obtain that ability

>Explorer travels around the world
>Yo our country is SHIT
>Gets executed
The bones are fun to read.

most games taking after dark souls have a pretty bleak world

Cool, thanks.

The Explorer wasn't saying Cvstodia was shit, but that it was more 'barbaric than any other' which seems like an indictment of the Church and it's governance than anything. While everyday life in it might be fine so long as you're faithful and toe the line it is pretty authoritarian and gets even worse as shit hits the fan.

This is a Spain thread

Attached: IMG_20190912_005844.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Why are they getting so mad?
I've seen like 5 threads that have gotten derailed because of those arguments.
I just don't get it.

Attached: 1497146180103.jpg (640x480, 36K)

I've seen more people annoyed that people call the game Anti-Christian than those who actually dislike the game. Same thing with Binding of Isaac threads. It's likely just low effort shitposting, so don't reply to them

Finally a decent game from Spain that isn't Imperivm

Attached: 1482028511084.png (923x644, 338K)

although i'm glad they avoided the double jump amongst other tired cliches, i think some extra traversal abilities (that aren't just 'hey you can see hidden platforms') would have gone a long way.

Why the fuck are you starting?

Oh okay, gotcha.
It does make sense after all, I guess.

Attached: 1505945641645.jpg (800x800, 163K)

Seething christards. Face it. The game is anti-christian.

Chiquito DLC when?

I would have been in favor of anything that made backtracking faster/more fun. Blasphemous is good, but I feel like most 'Metroidvania' developers don't do their research enough when it comes to both Metroid and Castlevania.

Rise up hermanos

Attached: 1559592277745.png (694x495, 128K)

Why are christards so annoying? Each anfmd every single Blasphemous thread is full of cope and preaching.

Orthodox Christian here, I don’t understand why anyone would be offended by this game having finished it twice now. Probably assblasted prots wanting victim status

Blasphemous would have been fine with just a hub that branched out to linear levels now that I think about it.

More quick travel points would have been nice. Or something.

Mercadona DLC when?!

Attached: IMG_20190912_020048.jpg (1500x1500, 215K)

>Praetorians
>Commandos
>Severance: Blade of Darkness
Compadre pls

I'm a Christfag and I find this game fascinating. Great aesthetic and fitting music. There is literally nothing anti-christian in this game as it doesn't even mention God or Christ all it takes from Christianity are the imagery and rituals that it twists into perversion of what they actually are in name of creating a spectacle which it succeeds(at least to me) I might add.

Biggest problems are
>horrendously implemented warps and way too much backtracking
>very simplistic combat with enemies that barely react to your hits
>bosses have VERY dull patterns for the most part
>any and all enemies in the air, they're all hp sponges too
Music is cool but holy shit that voice work is bad.

>I'm X and Y
Cringe. You have to go back, christards.

Parrying also seems way too easy to do, but I'm still towards the beginning of the game.

Someones triggered, it seems.

Brother, at least we aren’t here posting about a game we haven’t played

Pazos said the game becomes too easy, sadly

>horrendously implemented warps and way too much backtracking
This really bothers me the most especially for certain areas as I would love to explore the world more but it's such a pain in the ass.
>peaks to convent has no warp despite being the hardest early game start and no shortcuts at all outside of early peaks to Albero
>entire bottom half of the map has like one warp zone I think
It also hurts that the game has no equivalent to the homeward bones from DS, though this is somewhat tempered by the fact that going to the menu resets you back at your latest warped zone which I feel might be used in speedruns.

I hope this game encourages more people to try out Salt and Sanctuary.

Attached: Spindlefucker.png (954x662, 214K)

There's one quick fix, which is to make fast travel between checkpoints rather than 5 teleport gates scattered across the entire map.

I was very let down by the bosses.

lol SaS looks like trash made in flash especially the player character.

>you don't even fight the baby
Biggest disappointment, honestly

>Orthodox Christian here, I don’t understand why anyone would be offended by this game having finished it twice now. Probably assblasted prots wanting victim status
>I'm a Christfag and I find this game fascinating. Great aesthetic and fitting music. There is literally nothing anti-christian in this game as it doesn't even mention God or Christ all it takes from Christianity are the imagery and rituals that it twists into perversion of what they actually are in name of creating a spectacle which it succeeds(at least to me) I might add.

Attached: 1560952847788.png (231x218, 9K)

S&S is such a mixed bag to me.
>terrible visuals and gameplay itself is basic as shit
>story is garbage
>NG+ is one of the worst implemented ones I've ever seen
>on the other hand has terrific world layouts from a game design perspective, nearly every build is perfectly viable with multiple options on top of unique ones even the Souls games barely cater too (STR/Magic for example with the Greatscissors) and controls decently

As far as 2019 Metroidvanias go, it's better than Timespinner and Bloodstained. I haven't played Minoria.

I'm very happy that Code Vein seems to be making most builds viable, especially Str/Int builds since the big weapons restore a lot of Ichor with each swing

Tried to get into that fucking game and kept getting ROCKED by how little I possibly understood about the fucker

>shitting on the game so hard because it shits on his beliefs
yikes

They should have had a prayer that warped you back to your last visited shrine. Its terrible to have to cross one or two whole zones just to check one spot

Is there any beads that let you jump higher from water/waste

>Kahnnyhoo
>Canijo
>Manlet in spanish
kek

Attached: p.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

>gameplay is basic as shit
>several weapon types with their own movesets
>combos
>weapon modifications (fire damage, etc)
>intricate platforming, the worst is optional
>upside-down walljumping by the third zone
Not gonna bother with the rest of your post with this amount of absolute stupidity right off the bat.

Attached: Disappointed Crocodile.png (244x244, 57K)

All of those things you mentioned don't matter at all when actual combat is dull mash x and roll shit, the most complex it gets is when doing a magic build and actually having to consider your mana bar which is one thing I praise it for.

Bump

Am I the only one who thinks all this lore shit is terrible? Its a cool concept but the writing really drags things down. Seems like its trying too hard at times.

S&S coop is god tier. But I don't really feel like playing it anymore on my own.

The bosses seem to get easier as the game goes on.

Is it good or is it just a meme?

>you don't fight the baby
>you don't interact with the baby
>the baby doesn't actually do anything
>not only that, but its the worst fucking fight in the game
What the actual fuck were they thinking? The only bosses I've liked so far have been the three vertical ghost sisters and Andross.

>all it takes from Christianity are the imagery and rituals that it twists into perversion of what they actually are in name of creating a spectacle which it succeeds(at least to me) I might add.
So about as christian as Bloodborne? Though even at its worst the church in bloodborne were fools tampering with forces they did not comprehend with the best of intentions.

But I'm agnostic, you stupid fuck. Have you even played it?

Is the venue people are going to take? IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS GAME YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN? If so, lmao my dude.

>replying to him

Its not better than Bloodstained.

The setting is Cvstodia, a land were a curse known as the Miracle is messing with peopleleft and right, with some of them manage to inspire different cults trying to emulate their suffering.

(You) are the Penitent One, the last member of a particular cult who travels to the lands in search to redeem himself by putting an end to the Age of Corruption, killing both zealots and heretics as you advance fowards your destiny.

You kill shit and then kill the pope and you either die or become a tree for people to worship.

Heretical

The VA work is hammy enough to be enjoyable again. Some of them are aight but It’s like listening to a high school theater play. Bosses do feel a bit too easy though. Maybe because it’s just early game but I pretty much killed the 2nd boss by Zerg rushing alone.

>The VA work is hammy enough to be enjoyable again.
For some, sure. For others like bell dude? Not so much, its just flat out terrible.

Look at this pancake lord with his pancake posts.
Fucking pancakes pancakes pancakes

Why doesn't the "Press any button" prompt on death work with a controller? Why doesn't eh mouse hide itself? Should i refund this and just buy it on switch?

It’s good. But just that. Good, not great. Got a handful of things it could have improved upon but still an enjoyable experience. Might wanna wait for it to go on sale if you are not too sure.

Everyone is in here because it's a proper thread with the name of the game in the OP

Attached: 50B55FAD-B68F-4AEE-9980-27582848690D.png (420x850, 15K)

Does anyone wish there was one or two more bosses or is it just me? I want to fight more gigantic holy freaks.

Becomes useless against many enemies

It gets a bit repetitive and I have only been playing for 20 minutes, at least it doesn't try to be "le dork souls of" this time around, no lost exp, only a small penalty but the backtracking aims to be a problem, the art is interesting.