Is it just me or Sakurai delivered his magnum opus a bit too early in his career and can never be topped if there’s...

Is it just me or Sakurai delivered his magnum opus a bit too early in his career and can never be topped if there’s another Smash game?

Ultimate is definitely something Sakurai would make if he’s retiring from vidya or if he was dying from a disease and Ultimate would be like his perfect sendoff of a game

Attached: E08E669E-022C-4B25-ADE8-E9B350C7D1E1.jpg (750x422, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/6NbEmgF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sakurai peaked with Kirby Air Ride

Yeah, its almost as if Sakurai doesnt want to make Smash anymore, so he makes the Smash to end all Smashes so that people will shut the fuck up about it.

How about that.

I loved playing Melee growing up but Ultimate does absolutely nothing for me. It feels like a wacky, maximalist mess in my opinion.

It's fine to be autistic

can you give reasons why? i'm just curious

Attached: Kermit-the-Frog-by-Bartholomew.jpg (1051x1327, 669K)

>a pile of corporate shit
>sakurais best

Attached: 1433557208501.jpg (216x260, 15K)

I’m just saying Ultimate is series finale material like there’s no more Smash games after this.

i meant to reply to oops

>Sakurai delivered his magnum opus a bit too early in his career
Yeah, I doubt he'll ever top Kid Icarus Uprising.

Why are americans so fucking stupid

What makes you think you have to end your career by being bigger than before

maybe he wanted to do this everyone's in gimmick for once and he decided to do it now before it gets even more unrealistic with another roster adding more characters

>a pile of corporate shit
So Smash Bros.

>magnum opus
>"me want big number roster, big number stages"
>"wait we need to make SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT? THE GAME COMES OUT IN 4 MONTHS WHAT THE FUCK"
>"okay I've got it...we'll make a giant JPG that you walk around on like a map, okay...and people will fight other PNGs of nintendo characters...and we'll just put items in their hands that make them somewhat resemble the PNGs"
>>>magnum opus
okay bud

>Is it just me or Sakurai delivered his magnum opus a bit too early
smash is a series 20 years in existence
sakurai has been alive since 1970
he has been working on games since 1992
what is this too early shit
did you want to wait until he was 80 years old for it or something
what is with you
why do you ask such a moronic question
why can't you stop existing so someone with more sense can take your place
you wasted a slot
a slot of life
and now i feel like bitching on twitter about your literal who status and why it wasn't someone like pinnochio instead

>spend all your money on CG trailers
>too broke to add a Target to the stage editor
>too broke to use all the existing bosses to make a Boss Battles mode
>all future character demo videos are just LP stuff
hmm

This will be his last Smash

>you wasted a slot
>a slot of life

Attached: tenor (7).gif (220x171, 644K)

I prefer cool CG trailer than shitty game modes. If you want to play those modes just play the previous games

the game isn't fun to play. Deciding what character to play is more exciting than playing the actual game

>you wasted a slot
>a slot of life
wew lad

Attached: WarioWare.jpg (684x599, 162K)

What kind of autist plays single player smash?

The ones where they have to unlock all the characters including the mii fighters?

Because everything is coming together at this moment. And he is likely never going to have this opportunity again. So he's taking advantage of it while can. He has said several times the next smash game IF he makes it will not be on this level and Ultimate is going to be very unique circumstance.

I can verify that I'm a literal autist that spent so much time on Melee's Adventure Mode

id be tired of it too
smash and its community is cancer

It probably is his last Smash, unless Nintendo bribes him enough.

Because you're insane if you think Nintendo won't keep Smash going for as long as possible.

Is it worth getting this game if I'm not interested in following the meta and going pro?

Wrong, I know how it feels that way, but the one thing you must remember with japs, they're not lazy, they just have very strange ideas on what would be enjoyable. I know he's spoken about trophies taking time, but that is realistic. He genuinely thinks the spirit are fun and that WoL is giant fun crossover adventure.

>not having friends to play smash mode with.

What incredibly retarded reasoning

>I'm dying, now I should make what I've REALLY wanted to

No, his magun opus is gonna be the class based action RPG Diablo like he very clearly wants to do. Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash 4 make is SUPER clear that's what he wants to do for his next non Smash game.

>a slot of life

Who is this man?

I feel the same way, and that's a good way to put it. I like that it's so EVERYONE and EVERYTHING and whatever, but that's pretty much all it is to me. Just a big smash-shaped museum. At least the gameplay isn't too bad.

>add actual single player content
>add more missing stages
>add actual new stages
>add actual new content besides muh roster shit
>add modes that shouldn't have been cut in the first place
What this game really needs is an Ultra Super Smash Bros Ultimate Turbo. Not a reboot sequel.

hero only spirit mode in NG+ currently, its ridiculously fun, outside of that homerun contest but its pretty bland to say the least

>no smash run with online/local co op and a bigger map

I know Sakurai said that there will be no more new modes, but a man can dream can't he?

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

Attached: hero.png (640x640, 386K)

The fuck are you talking about? The roster is nice, but this has the worst gameplay of any Smash game. Yes, worse than 4.

>No coop Boss Rush mode

I can forgive no adventure mode.

But I really wanna bust some bosses with my bros

Attached: EDr_80IXkAAk3qw.jpg (720x703, 50K)

>you wasted a slot
>a slot of life

Attached: 1567739902189.jpg (343x343, 14K)

Not at all. This roster can be FAR better.

and

well to be fair its smash wiiu with more characters/stages and removed singleplayer modes