How many more DLC characters can we expect after this season pass?

How many more DLC characters can we expect after this season pass?

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2019-09-11 a la(s) 11.44.23.png (600x449, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate#Placeholder_Fighter_Slots
discord.gg/6NbEmgF
mediaroom.iese.edu/new-research-shows-why-the-human-brain-struggles-with-plenty-of-choice/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Two.

Hopefully Geese Howard and Rugal Bernstein will be next.

push the number of characters to atleast 100, Sakurai isn't making new games because of this, it's been confirmed

I dunno why everyone's acting like another full fighter's pass isn't in the works.
5 more characters. And then once that one does well, they'll do five MORE characters. But then that'll be the end.

I don't know, user. That Famitsu column really made it seem like it's going to be a whole lot.

two or three most likely

till people stop buying smash/dlc

Give me Waluigi, Midna, and Veemo

At least 3

I really hope they also come with music and their own stage if they are from franchises not already represented.

Doesn't matter it will all be garbage that nobody wants but pretends to like to make themselves feel apart of the hivemind mentality. Sakurai is a bigger hack than Kojima

It sounds like Sakurai wants to hit 100 characters.

its basically pass 2 like what real fighting games do and its obviously gonna be 3rd party so they would come with a new stage and music

One more pack of five and then an adventure mode dlc expansion.

Three AT MOST, if you think otherwise you are delusional

As many as they can before releasing a new game and repeating it all over again.

>As long there's an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai wants to push the record futher

So with this we can pretty much say that highly speculated characters like Sora, Geno, Hayabusa, Doomguy, Crash, and Master Chief are as good as confirmed, right?

Till the end of the Switch's life cycle comes.

There could be more than 10 characters though.

>Sora
>Crash
>Master Chief
No.

Give it to me straight, how good are the odds we'll get a nintendo-focused pass.

Preferrably those that have been deconfirmed for the initial roster and DLC by spirits/ATs

Attached: 1559671887788.png (799x557, 34K)

Yeah, pretty much since there will be like 10 DLC characters probably.

Madman is gonna go to 100 total fighters even if it kills him

Decent? It depends on what Nintendo wanted.

>smash sells like fucking pancakes
>sakurai recognizes this is an unique event in vidya history so he's willing to keep making as much dlc as possible
>it is known that ultimate has space for at least 10 more characters after this season pass
>only two or three more

ok

Ultimate has space for 24 newcomers.

0%, nintendo and sakurai are not interested in just digging through nintendo's back catalog for the sake of it. they want to emphasize the collaboration aspect of the game and get as many different outside games as possible.

Sakurai is an absolute madman.

>has space for at least 10 more characters
what the fuck does this even mean you retard?
>inb4 he says something stupid about the UI or the website or something equally fucking retarded

>Geno
No, but the others have a actual chance

tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate#Placeholder_Fighter_Slots

>>Master Chief
>No

Why not? Microsoft and Nintendo are best buddies right now. At this point it'd be more surprising to not have Master Chief than to have him. The only reason I can think of why Sakurai wouldn't add him is that he'd worry that he'd play too similar to Doomguy if he adds him first.

Thumbnail looks like heavy eating sandvich

Crash, Shantae, Dante

If at least one of these happen, I'll be happy.

IT'S HIS TURN

Attached: 1567907414120.jpg (400x533, 69K)

You're still not getting Geno, fag.

Some Nintendo DLC could even be easier because they wouldn't need to add new songs or stages, like Dixie Kong.

>have their feet wet with Gamefreak
>Pokemon vomits endless amounts of new monsters and people just eat it up more
Basically, infinity until it can't fit on a webserver somewhere.

Nintendo should've never gotten into DLC mess in the first place. Smash Ultimate 2 should be on the horizon, in another universe.

this, why the fuck would they dig up their dead franchises? Let alone golden sun.

Iori's already in Million Arthur.

Nobody plays Ryu and Ken and people have already forgotten about Terry and you want yet another punchy guy

geese is already in tekken, but I wouldn't mind any of those three characters.

>how good are the odds we'll get a nintendo-focused pass.
Don't know if we'll get a Nintendo focused pass but the chances of getting Nintendo characters is high given that they have new stuff to play with like Xenoblade 2, ARMS, and Astral Chain.

>Preferrably those that have been deconfirmed for the initial roster and DLC by spirits/ATs
Eh, this I don't know, user. I personally think Sakurai would not want to go through the trouble of making one AT a playable fighter to see the whole world complain about his pick. He is a fucking madman though, so you never know.

Dixie Kong and Tails can be clone characters.

Oh fuck he is gonna do DLC for the game forever isn't he?

Attached: 1473447595947.jpg (774x849, 473K)

Fill it up beyond 100.

If its from a Nintendo series with zero representation in Smash, then I think there is a possibility, like Astral Chain for example.

why the fuck did you post this Twitter screen cap?

There are 24 extra character slots.

>He thinks Nintendo will just let Sakurai play around with the same game forever
Cope

The dead and weird Nintendo characters are for the next Smash when they cull the roster.

What people do not understand about the Nintendo Switch is that they just see it as "another Nintendo console", when it really is the fusion of their handheld and console divisions into one. Now think, how many years does a typical Nintendo console last? 5? Maybe 6 years? But how long did the 3DS last? Look it up, it came out in February 2011. That's 8 years currently. And we still do not have official confirmation of it being discontinued yet, so its soon to be 9 years in January.

My point is, if you think the Switch really is just going to last 5 or 6 years, you are in for a rude awakening, because I can easily see it lasting close to 10 years. It already got a cheaper remodel. There is still a possible stronger model on the horizon. The Switch came out in 2017, and with all the possible remodels to look forward to, I can see it lasting till 2025 or 2026.

Now continue the math. The first fighters pass ends in February 2020. If we got a second fighters pass of five characters, that's Smash reveals till February 2021. So a third pass of five characters would be 2022. Basically you get the point, the dummied slots paints a picture, we could be getting characters for nearly 5 more years.

yeah and Terry is already in FEXL, your point?

And then Sakurai just creates more space, it will never end

Steve

Berenstain Bears are not allowed.

Five
Mondo Zappa, Illidan Stormrage, Quarterback Joe Phears of the 1997 Oklahoma State Cowboys Football Team, Geno, and Sam & Max from Sam & Max.

I bet they'll add at least one more retro character from nintendo in the next one, I guess.

Because it's the translation from Sakurai's Famitsu column, you huge sack of autism.

Theu've let him release the same game for a decade now.

Attached: 6CBD623C-679D-41F7-A34C-4BE01D306DE3.png (140x280, 9K)

3, I would bet.

based choices

It wouldn't even surprise me if they added both at this point tbqh.

I could see Sakurai promoting some AT that can be replaced be another character that can do the same thing into fighters

Spring Man could be replaced by Spring Tron
Isaac could be replaced by Felix
Bomberman could be replaced by Plasma Bomber
Adult Tiki could be replaced by Loli Tiki
Shovel Knight could be replaced by Black Knight
Zero could be replaced by MMZ Zero (or Omega, tho spoilers)

Those would be all the possible ones, which would also mean that Waluigi, Ashley, Alucard and the rest are 100% dead

Shadow can be replaced with Silver

At the absolute least, I think we'll get 1 character every 2 or 3 month through holiday 2020. Or maybe they'll crank out a pair of echoes in the same amount of time

Silver can't chaos control, not stop time with it at least

>Rugal in Smash.
Everyone would cry. That would be lovely.

Attached: rugal-kaisawave.gif (243x180, 91K)

this is literally never happening and Zero just had his mii outfit return so hes extra deconfirmed

First parties are deconfirmed

>If I keep saying it it'll become true

For this season pass, sure, but nothing's been said about future releases yet.

>If I keep denying it it'll become false

I could see it happening for as long as the Switch is alive. So maybe 10 or so more wouldn't be impossible. I'm EXPECTING 5. Anything else is a bonus.

You're getting the missing spirit characters and maybe Astral Chain

I included Zero because if Tiki's loli version counts, so should Zero's twink version. Im not expevting it, but it wouldn't be fair to exclude him
Citation needed

Between a couple and a few

Attached: 1521006546584.jpg (620x794, 67K)

Attached: 1568201005161.jpg (600x333, 54K)

>You're getting the missing spirit characters and maybe Astral Chain

who were some of the most popular ones? porky, adeleine, and sylux? seems possible

The real important question is whether there will be a physical, all DLC included, Complete Edition of Ultimate.

So I guess you just can't collaborate with other in-house divisions now?

Knuckles isn't supposed to use the homing attack either.

Really, really low.
Even putting aside the issue of promoting an assist trophy, Felix' chances are also absolutely microscopic because everyone has always rallied behind Isaac.

Attached: venusquiliiam.png (1104x945, 720K)

Sakurai is gonna die before the next Smash drops

Attached: Soccer Guy.gif (333x174, 955K)

Attached: 914AE539-560C-471A-8B1D-2F021E8F96BE.jpg (2048x2048, 350K)

Shit. That's not 100% definitive deconfirmation, but that does put things more in your favor. Fair enough. I'm still going to hold onto my hopes.

Attached: 1398740803838.png (250x345, 120K)

Correct, because then you wouldn't need to specify about pushing more collaborations

there was no mention of a 2nd pass. just more dlc fighters. people are being cautious.

There's no reason for Nintendo to stop making DLC for smash till the next console hits. Sakurai's made it pretty clear that the next smash, if it ever happens, won't as grand in scope as this one, so they might as well grab as much cash from the biggest crossover game ever made while they can.

But Isaac's already playable

Attached: DuLeJKoWsAAsMAe.jpg (469x469, 22K)

>nintendo-focused pass
Solid 0%
I think that individual DLCs akin to Piranha Plant with 1st Party characters can happen though, with roughly estimated chances being:
>Shill character (Byleth, Akira, etc.)
50%
>Popular spirit character (Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex and Pyra, etc.)
15%
>Waluigi
5%
>Everyone else
1%

ARE YOU OK?

I dunno why youre acting like it has to stop at 3 fighter passes

I don't care about anyone else, I just want Waluigi. Mario Tennis did wonders with him, just make him an extremely awkward evil lanklet or whatever the fuck you have to do but please nintendo.

At least one more pass hopefully

Well, Sakurai stated he's got no intention on hitting the brakes any time soon, and dataminers found 16 slots.

0 for those deconfirmed.
I hope you liked Astral Chain and Three Houses!

There will be a new Fighter Pass with a single free 1st party character as Bonus DLC every year until the new Nintendo console releases, at which point Smash Ultimate XD will release that just keeps the cycle moving forward while adding a slew of new 1st party characters.
It's Japan Time all the time, anons.

Actually 24

Probably two to three after the fighter pass

So did the interview imply that the DLC choices going forward were all on the Smash crew/Sakurai and not Nintendo?

Opposite

Unlikely

Are you fucking retarded?

Ah gotcha, I misunderstood.
So Sakurai's focused on collabs, but what does Nintendo want?

It would be the optimal at this point not gonna lie, add some new characters, add some new modes, but keep the engine and just polish it until the heat death of the universe.
Only problem I see is if the other companies have made specific deals that need to be renegotiated after each and every entry, Square and Konami are pretty stingy after all.

Attached: 6cbf0522ed52e3dfe4cbb8bfe6e14ae8.jpg (400x534, 28K)

nintendo goes: "hey sakurai, can you make this fighter?". sakurai answers: "yes/no"

I have no idea, probably whatever gets the most hype.

What do people mean by "Nintendo". Does Shigeru get to suggest Smash characters? Is it the director? Who is "Nintendo"?

ALLEGEDLY, the Japanese stream of the Direct explicitly said there will be 5 more, but I don't speak Japanese, so I can't confirm that.

It said that Nintendo picks the characters but he has the final say on whether they are realizable or not. It's from his Famitsu column btw.

it's john nintendo

if a first party pass becomes a thing, then i hope to god he gets in

Attached: 2223808_p0.png (600x620, 265K)

Obviously there would be cuts with each iteration of the game. People would be upset, but if it's basically going to be "Nintendo Mugen ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series", it'll be expected. People will go "Remember that one Smash with Banjo? That was neat."

THE John Nintendo?

yes, THAT one

>tfw Ultimate will always have the best roster and every sequel will be inferior

Attached: Dork.jpg (676x676, 69K)

>Smash Ultimate 2 brings all of Ultimate's Bosses in as playable characters in the first trailer
This would beat the shit out of Ultimate's hype and you know it

There's probably a division that's in charge of reporting what the most hype characters would be and then another one assessing how good of an idea or how easy would be to get these characters. Then they give the list to some higher ups to green light it so it can go to Sakurai who has the final say.

>Marx
>Rathalos
>Demon King Ganon
>Galleom
Yeah I'm feelin' it

Ultimate is going to last longer than Melee did. People will NEVER stop playing it because the roster will be impossible to beat. It'll be a cliché on gaming forums in like 50 years that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is like this immortal game that will never stop being played. It'll be like the Doom of fighting games.

I don't want to play as any of the bosses though and I got my boss already

Attached: Lanky Dragon.png (687x638, 148K)

>Implying there won't be a fighter pass with Assists, Bosses and Spirits that plays on the "Everyone is Here" motif

>How many
That's assuming Ultimate won't have like 3 pages of characters by the end of it and it won't just end up like Melee / Mahvel where Ultimate's played for the next 20+ years.

so after "when's mahvel?", will we have "when's ultihmate?"

Cute space dragon

It'll just be Smash eventually as Melee gets phased out from major tournaments.

>"when is smahsh?"

Roster is too big, there is no need for DLC,.in fact, I would be happier if unnecessary characters got cut out and actual iconic characters remained

I don't care i just want to play as a monster hunter

we can all agree that being a cutfag is probably the worst thing you can be right?

Based

Konami's Snake situation seems more like Nintendo didn't even bother trying to bring Snake back for 4. They've been pretty generous with how much shit there is in regards to Metal Gear and Castlevania, not to mention Bomberman and a Goemon costume.

Square-Enix you have
>Cloud and all that fuckery
>Yuji Horii autism about what Dragon Quest heroes could be playable in the same title(same reason you don't see any DQ MCs in Dragon Quest Heroes)
>having to negotiate for any Dragon Quest song through Sugiyama's record label(no new mixes)

Meanwhile we got the entire fucking Castlevania soundtrack and remixes.

Honestly going forward I would be disappointed Cloud and Her aren't back but I would not blame Nintendo if Namco was all, "Yeah I hear Square-Enix's being stingy but you want a swordsman that can cast magic? You want a sword guy that can shoot energy slashes? Lemme introduce you to our Dark Souls and Tales of franchises" and Nintendo just saves themselves the stress.

Attached: 1544207570622.jpg (2160x1620, 495K)

not him but I feel overwhelmed by the roster already

HE’S NEXT

Attached: C044B0EA-3460-4F1C-87FF-8F684BB38988.png (400x771, 225K)

Best thing they could do for Smash 6 would be to turn all of the bosses and Mii costumes into full blown unique characters of their own. Maybe even turn the characters that just in as Assist Trophies into playable characters as well. This would allow them to take out most of the guest characters while still making it seem like the game was just as content heavy.

This. Konami is right up there with Capcom and Sega for the most amount of unique content in Smash.
>MGS
>Castlevania
>Bomberman
>Goemon

nigger how does that make any sense?

Depends entirely on whether they plan to make it another full fighter pass

If it’s just fighters whenever they want, I’m curious if this means no stages,spirits, music that comes with them

Just play who you want. How does a large roster "overwhelm" you?

Attached: Witch and fat boi.jpg (900x792, 128K)

I kinda feel it would be a waste to stop the pack thing that they are currently doing, people get really hyped about the music inclusion especially.

everytime I play the game I just don't who Want to play as
sometimes having too many options can be a bad thing and besides I think we can at least cut down on the pokemon and FE characters

BASED

>*I just don't know
fucking hell

Or we can keep everyone?

>Calling Akira a shill character

Inkling

Smash 4 makes it a full pack if it’s a series that hasn’t been represented, otherwise Corrin came with just music

Don’t know why this post was ignored this user has it 100% right. Wii U was the 8th gen console with ps4 and bone, the switch is 9th gen. It’s gonna sell over 100 million copies and smash will sell at least 50

Corrin came with some trophies too (aside from his own), all DLC newcomers did except Cloud.

Even if this is wishful(ornot) thinking, this version of smash very well might just be ported over in the next gen as "Smash Ultimate Ultimate" with every character in it plus some addition characters.

I wholly expect 2 fighter passes then maybe 1 more bonus character, then a re-release on the next nintendo console with an additional fighter pass.

People forget Nintendo literally said they WANT to try to get to 10 years

Yep.

Attached: ryu.jpg (640x360, 20K)

>the DLC will outnumber the non-Echo newcomers in the base game, probably vastly

Attached: 1567580751774.jpg (231x250, 11K)

That’s not Doomguy Sabi
Eventually both will probably be in but I’m calling your bullshit, the 5th slot is going to be Doomguy.

Sakurai singled out the FPS genre when talking about Banjo’s neutral special

Shigeru Miyamoto here, I ask for characters that I think will be funny. Peace out.

Attached: miyomato.jpg (240x240, 8K)

I like Smash Bros AND big rosters. Why is that invalid?

Or they do the Smash 4 to Ultimate thing, use Ultimate as a base to rapidly develop a new game and call it something like Smash Infinity or Smash Eternal or go basic and call it Smash 6/Smash (Whatever the platform after Switch is called).

In all fairness though, those segments where Banjo wields Kazooie like a rifle are in first-person.

Another fighter pass so 5.

There were only 6 true newcomers
Counting Piranha Plant, there’s already 6 DLC

But you should also consider the characters that got retooled and wasn’t in Smash 4

>when sakurai said yes to banjo

Attached: itstime.png (415x323, 285K)

>nb4 everyone in the grinch leak eventually gets in

Attached: 83B3B55F-3809-47E5-AF59-ED18D1BF5BE9.jpg (960x949, 65K)

I wouldn't mind if there were like 50 more. Cutfags can suck my uncircumcised cock, the more the merrier. Competitive Smash is fun but it's still secondary. It's not really balanced that bad for the roster size either.

Im pretty sure the last will be a fan demanded pick like Banjo especially after we got Terry

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

discord.gg/6NbEmgF

Attached: hero.png (640x640, 386K)

Does Sabi want Ryu?

I'm thinking 3 or 5. They might just turn Ultimate into a game like SFV that just keeps getting more for like 5 years, it wouldn't surprise me if it sells well and Sakurai survives it. He's in btw.

Attached: 1556576365298.png (1057x659, 521K)

Based

Attached: E81DFDB4-27F1-43A2-9513-A32C7E7D7727.jpg (1920x1139, 322K)

I feel that both Ryu and Doom Guy are going to be in one way or another, the question so which of the 2 will be Fighter #5

this. I can’t decide whether I want down b to be a sharpening tactic, or a weapon select.

I'm thinking at least another five assuming they still sell consistently well. Though I could also see a lot more than that if they make some new Echo fighters as well. Echoes sold at a reduced price seems like it would be super easy way to make money and it would help keep interest up in the months between the releases of fully fledged new fighters.

Ryu first

underrated comment

I mean Sakurai himself mentioned it in the last direct, that it would work out that way. But I dunno why anyone would be excited by it unless they hate how Ultimate fundamentally feels

Pass? 0.

Bassed on the extra slots found. I think it'll be more like 3rd party season passes + free promotional Nintendo chars i.e. p. plant. I truly think other companies are noticing the amount of buzz smash announcements generates so expect more 1 timer companies like Blizzard or whoever sucks off Nintendo the hardest.

You honestly can't be this dense

How many empty spots were in the datamine? 16? And we already have 5? Well there you go.
Sakurai said he's ready to go through with the character DLC for the long haul and he won't be doing anything besides that for awhile.
Which pisses me off because I really wanted a KI:U sequel

Either way, we're stuck with you fuckers and I'm pretty livid about that.

Attached: 1545961371766.png (800x800, 351K)

You're delusional if you think there is any possibility of Doomguy whatsoever.

Nah, more Pokemon. They have unique and varied designs/movesets already.

>Shadow
>Mach Rider
>Isaac
>Geno
Don't think so, my man

5, maybe 6 to 10 if they decide to work on echoes too.

As long as they keep selling, we'll keep getting more. I just need to know if they are going to keep doing fighter passes.

This is Sakurai we're talking about. The guy obviously respects the FPS genre and knows of Doom's importance to it, as well. Plus he made a fucking PLANT into a playable character. He can do buttfuck anything.

A second pass was basically guaranteed.
A third one is 50/50
Fourth one is very unlikely.

Doom 64 wasn’t even shown off in the japan direct

Does he have a chance?

Attached: Sora.png (261x382, 88K)

>spoiler
Don't worry Sakurai is having Toby work on that sequel :)

30 slots

10. There's 16 dummy slots in the game, 5 have been taken up so far

No

But Samus, Link, and Mario have Mii outfits

I doubt it. Square is already gay enough and now you gotta worry about Disney shit too.

There is 10-24 remaining.

We're not acting like another one isn't in the works, we know one isn't. They're developing additional characters without a planned schedule, and will continue to do so until Sakurai doesn't want to anymore. Which won't be a long time, because he is actually enjoying this, and the record he is making

Nintendo will NEVER allow a character like Doomguy in one of their first party games.

Also,

I want more clones please.

>Mondo Zappa
Interesting choice but if any Suda character is getting in, its most likely Travis.

>L I DAN
After trying his absolute hardest in trying to save and salvage the wreckage that was Legion's story, sure why not. He earned it, basically by being the only Night Elf that isnt a cocksucking asshole. Also I still remember VGCW and he was one of the absolute best things there.
But Blizzard being blizzard will probably force fucking Tracer instead.

>97 Joe Phears
A backup to a Backup?

>Geno
At this point who cares.

>Sam & Max
I agree with this logic.

Veemo please with Nasty Majesty

Doubt.
I wouldn't mind Sora or an Octopath rep, but SE are stingy assholes

>For those of you who bought the pass with faith in my work, you will get the rest of the upcoming characters for free.
>For you nitpicking trash, that wish to try before you buy, fuck you. 4.99 each
How fucked are you Yea Forums?
I had faith

Attached: 1556847901454.jpg (947x647, 65K)

That's why I love clones, it is an easy way to satisfy fans without much work.
I just want to not be limited to echo fighters.

I think it’s a tinge weird how they’re gunning for “biggest” crossover ever yet kids and normies know fuck all about the Pass characters, bar MAYBE American normies who remember Banjo as a kid

Who would make a good non-echo clone for Robin?

>Geno
Rumors suggest he’s a bonus like piranha plant
>Shadow
I can see a free echo update
>Mach Rider/Isaac/Choir kids
Can happen if they want, nothing is really limited

No exact number was given, but that idea might have stemmed from pic related. But...
>5体目以上
...means "after the 5th person/character"

Attached: 1565344817248.jpg (1412x780, 226K)

And?

Japan cared about Banjo despite the meme that Japan doesn’t know him
If we can sit and have Sakurai explain why Hero is important, Japs can sit and have Sakurai explain why Doomguy is important

They mean biggest by literally just the biggest number of characters. DLC fighters don’t sell smash, smash sells itself just fine. DLC characters sell their games to smash players

>Nintendo will NEVER allow a character like Doomguy in one of their first party games.

They fucking allowed Snake, Joker, and Bayonetta in the game. Sakurai can put in anyone he fucking wants. Deal with it. Mentions of Hell and religion are already in the game. Plus there's a dark MGS easter egg in the game revolving Paz' bomb coochie.

Attached: 0e7.jpg (900x900, 82K)

You're not Miyamoto, the real Miyamoto would ask for Toad, and Toad only.

Ike’s boyfriend

Sack of pies doesn’t give a fuck about the west

Who is even left to make echoes for?
I can only think of Black Shadow as a CF echo, Ninten, Gooigi, etc.

I'd be okay with that

As many as they can sell to the sheeple.

Nah once all the hype of continued character reveals wears off people are probably just going to get annoyed at the game's actual gameplay and stop playing it.

That's why he added Banjo, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, and Ridley. Right?

Attached: 06f.jpg (185x177, 8K)

>People still using pretend rules

As long as they originated in a Video Game, they can get in.
There is no rule against spirits either, literally just put a Fighter Spirit, you have a gorillian Mario, Peach, Link, and Zelda spirits

Doesn't use levin sword and he's from the 2 games that nearly killed the series. Honestly, Ike should be cut in the next installment.

>I am a genofag and need there to be infinite characters until my shitty puppet gets in

seethe harder

Shadow is already an assist and a spirit. The former pretty much deconfirms, especially

>Square Enix is already a Sisyphean nightmare to deal with
>now you want Nintendo to negotiate with Disney on top of it

I tolerate most characterfags as a matter of principle but honestly fuck anyone and everyone that wants Sora.

Attached: 1559009252956.png (150x165, 36K)

Not all clones are echo fighters.

People just discovered a ledge exploit with Piranha Plant despite mocking him as bottom 3

Nobody is getting tired of this gane

>s-stop using logic! my literal who character has a chance guys!

Cope.

Many spirits aren't literal whos.

>logic

Your arguing about a game that brought Banjo and a Sans Mii Costume, Shut the Fuck up

Attached: 4FF7DC14-D6AE-47B8-850B-89CC064174F2.jpg (2824x2721, 770K)

King Hippo as King K Rool, manhole cover tied around his stomach works as the metal belly/counter

Attached: King_Echo.jpg (1287x720, 430K)

What does the twitter screencap add to this thread?

Reminder that Porky doesn’t have a Proper spirit as well as Pig Wizard Ganon

>Rumors suggest he’s a bonus like piranha plant
What rumors? I only suggestions on Yea Forums

I'd love Hayabusa but it'll be awkward having him in the game because I'm pretty sure it'll be the first example of two companies in Smash having genuine bad blood between one another

Attached: 1545520480335.png (1594x464, 397K)

To show Sakurai is going to keep pumping out characters so everyone gets someone they want and is happy

Even if its 0 we can still hope user. WE CAN STILL BELIEVE IN THE DREAM

Attached: 1541431350876.png (1542x868, 1.2M)

Nintendo and Tecmo are extremely close

Unless you're bringing in some big ass dudebro name like Captain Price from Call of Duty or John Fortnite, Smash is going to be bringing publicity to its guests, not the other way around.
You already have Mario and Pikachu and Pac-Man in the game, there's not a lot of video game characters even a quarter as famous as they are.

whos veemo

I mean it’s not like Tecmo and Capcom are ever gonna see each other

Octoling as an echo fighter of Inkling

I knew I would want all the characters in my game anyway so I just got the pass. They could release 10 fighter passes and I'd buy all of them because I wouldn't want to not have all of the characters. Smash is the only game I'm like this for.

Attached: 1442895292937.jpg (449x646, 83K)

My guess is three more after the 5-pack are planned and are being worked on for now, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of more if the DLC continues to sell well. Though I personally don't expect it for some reason. Maybe they want to hold onto some cards for the next game.

Attached: Veemo Girl.png (652x720, 527K)

They've already got Fatal Frame content anyway. And what's Capcom gonna do, pull out the content they've already got in the game?

I agree and I don't think it has any impact on a Koei Tecmo character getting in the game at all because Capcom doesn't make Smash, I just think it'd be pretty weird

isaac will get in smash also there will be a new golden sun game mark my words

Autism

Tanabe is the one responsible for the Toadification, not Miyamoto. In fact, Shiggy has once stated that Toad is his least favorite Mario charcter.

smashfags are the only ones I know who try to do mental gymnastics on clear-cut statements.

What is a clear cut statement?

Any DLC Nintendo puts into this game will sell fine. Literally every time a character is added, tournament setups have to buy and download the DLC on every console for their venue. I was watching VGbootcamp last night, and they legit had like a 50 switch setup, all with every DLC

this week's column

Probably five more characters over the course of two years so we can have 80 unique fighters, and four more echos so we can have 90 total characters. The echos will most likely be introduced in a pack.

I realistically think there will be 3 fighters passes in total.

There's no way in hell he's in the first pass. I can see him being added later on, but absolutely not in the first pass.

>Doomguy can't get in because he isn't popular in the Wes-
Ridley and Dark Samus originate from a series that was never popular among the Japanese. So why would Sakurai put them in if Japan doesn't like that series?
>Doomguy can't get in Smash because he's Wester-
Banjo Kazooie
>Doomguy can't be in Smash because he's too matur-
Joker and Bayonetta
>Doomguy can't be in Smash because he uses realistic guns-
Joker
>Doomguy can't get in Smash because-
Because of your imaginary rules?

Stop acting like you know what Sakurai's gonna pull next.

Attached: D4juh1QW0AA1T0e.jpg (1136x1200, 246K)

Curious, I want Sora, but is there a way to pay for him without giving Disney money? Because that's the thing. I like Kingdom Hearts but I HATE Disney. Giving the Jewish Mouse money would just fill me with anger.

That would mean he is slowing down.

Is doomposting the next steveposting? I suppose not yet due to the lack of obnoxious oc.

I hate when people say thing because we all know damn well they won't be in Super Smash Bros: Reboot either.

Octoling for Inkling giving her different specialsIe.g. sticky grenade/smart nade, dualie dash for side special, etc.)

Fuck no. I don't want a war. I just want my boy in.

Why would them make like 30 more new fighters and not announce a new pass?

>one circlejerked character gets in
>suddenly people think every circlejerk character is confirmed

I think there will be 4

Doomfags are incredibly obnoxious and over confident

She’s coming

Attached: 9149B787-535C-445D-B746-9ED0C2C38CDD.png (864x985, 1020K)

There’s speculation that future DLC characters won’t have stages or music so they don’t want to promise another pass because people will assume it has the same features as the old one

ZUN doesn't come off as a cooperative guym

Yeah I guess, like Didney allow a mad lad like Nomura to use their characters for his fanfic drama so I see no reason why this character they didnt even make would be a issue
probably for the best he isnt owned by Square or he would come with zero content

Attached: 1540858806405.jpg (613x533, 45K)

>Konami's Snake situation seems more like Nintendo didn't even bother trying to bring Snake back for 4.
That's because Konami was balls deep into gambling back then and only reluctantly started getting back into video games after the Yakuza sold them out.

Nah that's a retarded point, Sakurai made a big deal about how the newcomer will have a stage and music. Instead, they probably would be sold individually rather than having a discounted "fighter pack".

I hope it's just characters so we don't have to wait months for shit.

Attached: Good Boy.gif (299x436, 265K)

>Genofags trying to latch on to other characters
Embarrassing

Low. Only Geno (or maybe Waluigi as a surprise) seems likely, and I suppose there can always be another Fire Emblem character. They'll save characters like Spring-Man, Rex, Labo, Toad, Waddle Dee, Ashley, Lip, Takamaru, etc. for the next game. Isaac will probably never happen unless Golden Sun gets a game on Switch, sorry.

>[popular character] and [popular character] got in! my literal who has a chance guys!

every time

only if Nintendo does a huge partenrship and thinks that slamming all the games onto Switch and advertising the series to audiences in the west could be profitable
and if ZUN wants to play ball

>Only Geno seems likely

Attached: 1513436300253.jpg (756x1100, 113K)

I would agree with you about a decade ago, but after he became a family man he’s become much more lax with his ip. I mean Reimu was featured in some nendoroid game and now there’s a full-blown mobile game featuring the characters with voices. Plus she appears in namco’s rhythm games a lot

>does Spiderman have a chance of appearing in Stage 4
Yeah, no.

We neeeed another smash thread thanks

Whatever we get I'll be fine as long as
>The character isn't black
>The character first appeared in vidya
>The character isn't a stupid fucking puppet
Aside from that, I'm fine with whatever Soccerguy has in store for us.

be nice

Attached: 1549295240756.png (1024x683, 887K)

Here's a question:
Who could Sakurai add that would basically be the Negan of Smash?
I personally would go with Spongebob, Wreck It Ralph, or Homer Simpson

Attached: 1546913095877.gif (500x270, 92K)

Reimu, Saber, or Frisk.

I mean rare replay sadly didn’t appear on the switch so I don’t know if they could port all the games on there but I definitely wouldn’t complain. Although using kb+m for the shmups is probably much easier than constantly drifting joycons. Fightans could definitely work though

You think roster cuts would be digested well in s hypothetical future game? I guess that’s conditional?

MvC2 lost a huge portion of its roster in the jump to 3, but what was gained was much better (DMC, GnG, viewtiful joe, okami, Resident Evil fleshed out, etc).

Nobody was holding a candlelight vigil for the loss of fucking Iceman, Roll, Dan, Charlie, Marrow, Boneclaw wolverine but Smashers act like cutting Corrin Dark Pit and Piranha Plant would kill the series

>Comparing a character that originated from comics to one that originated from games

Even if Isaac never gets in as a playable character, even a new golden sun game would be great.

Not for gameplay, but for the story. Dark dawn ended on a cliffhanger in the worst possible way. I just want the story to be over. I could have gone the rest of my life knowing that the GBA titles were the only ones to exist and be okay with that.

I just want the sun to rise one last time. The story needs to be put to bed.

>literal who
Is this really what you fags call every character you don't like.

>muh comparisons
You stupid faggot, the point is Disney isn't easy to negotiate with. Cope.

I feel as though the only viable answer is either Mickey Mouse or Popeye
Mickey Mouse because he's fucking Mickey Mouse and Disney has actually been one of Nintendo's biggest partners ever since the Game and Watch
Popeye because Mario's existence is owned to him

i would genuinely love popeye in smash

Godzilla because Toho has ties to Nintendo

Yes, ala Terry and Reimu

Don't be a dumbass. Name a single Nintendo character besides Walugi with as much hype behind them as Geno that isn't yet in Ultimate. He's been a popular request for a long time, and Sakurai has considered him before. If Ridley, Simon, K.Rool and Banjo could all be memed onto the roster, so can Geno.

>Disney is fine with it
>Sakurai likes the games and told Nomura about it
>Nintendo went to Square to get the collection on switch
Yes, anyone mentioning some unrelated shit is trolling

This season pass
This season
This

The absolute state of games.

Attached: 1564925048257.png (217x230, 119K)

you mean like how desperate the fans are

until the roster reaches 100

It would 100% be Luffy.

>wanting less content

>Geno
>Nintendo character
The Geno spirit probably cost them more to license than the entirety of the SNK pack

Attached: geno_square.png (628x285, 384K)

Popeye would be pretty great
>ehhhskipibipibitibi*SMASH*
>GAME!

I also considered Scrooge McDuck

Attached: 1545005182203.gif (500x375, 911K)

A man can hope.
Plus Birdo in Smash is the most Sakurai thing Sakurai can do. He shilled Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts(an Xbox 360 exclusive I mind you) on a Nintendo Direct for crying out loud.

Attached: DYJV_meU8AIAOKY.jpg (1200x1102, 146K)

He shilled rare replay you doofus.

>the most sakurai thing sakurai can do

the main flaw is that you assume you know what sakurai does

Nice to know Banjo is suddenly a popular character after an entire year of Steve posting

Yea, must be super hard

Attached: Super Hard.png (1121x555, 1.17M)

Well I didn't mean that as Sakurai the person I meant Sakurai the game director/developer. Sorry for any confusion there.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x250, 58K)

>wouldn't shell out for Mario
Thanks for proving my poin dipshit.

It's just that there's no reason for it to be a commodity.

The same point you maggot. You assume you know his development process or character creation. Like how you faggots think only of special moves whereas he devices normals as well.

>Nintendo character besides Walugi with as much hype behind them as Geno that isn't yet in Ultimate
Bandana Dee
Krystal
Isaac
Ashley
Rex

>Shovel Knight as an assist trophy
>Shantae as a spirit
>Sans as a Mii costume
Whose going to be the character

Dude calm down.
I mean if Birdo were to be in Smash he'd obviously come up with a different moveset.
But holy fuck you're getting all mad just because of one remark

Attached: tumblr_mo91f5bEqO1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (500x371, 35K)

Reimu.

No other character says "indie" quite as hard as she does, at least not in Japan.

Even our normies have had some exposure to Touhou at some point.

considering how these zoomers think a mii costume is a character, an outfit should placate their attention

Attached: 4EFE8511-862E-4C04-A80B-DED9834882BB.png (700x931, 155K)

I know some posters here are pretending/being ironic, but it wouldn't surprise me if the anons here who post like they're from smashboards are actually serious.

Because character suggestion posts are obnoxious as fuck.

Sans is the gunner. I think there's still space for an Indie Brawler and an Indie Swordfighter.

Yeah. Honestly? I feel like we've gotten to this point where Reimu could be a consideration. Sakurai is literally scraping from the bottom of the barrel now.

smash bros is super video game brawlers now

Unironically cope dude.
Also most of the newcomers are basically characters suggested heavily like Banjo and Kazooie and Ridley. So I don't know what to say dude.

Attached: 150px-MTA_Models_Birdo.png (150x211, 36K)

Quote would be nice as a gunner outfit and Steve for sword fighter, it took Sans and Goemon not looking like hot trash for people to kinda warm up to the idea of a mii outfit

Attached: Smash Ultimate Indie Mii.png (1838x1207, 493K)

Ike is the best lord retard. Awakening onward are best-sellers because FE's audience changed from SRPG players to waifu shitting casuals

A remnant from the cancer that is smash ballot.

>most

Also fuck that shit, I'd rather have the developer surprise me with what they offer than placate me with their desires.

reimu

I don't want Geno

Case in point, you are just proving my point

After the 5th fighter, I'm expecting the next group of DLC will just be Echo fighters; something quicker/easier to produce but still giving us a handful of neat characters all at once. Then we'll go back to full fledged characters one at a time.

>no one says Quote
Nice to see Yea Forums is full bandwagon lads

Well sorry you feel that way. If it makes you feel any better, nobody wanted Terry yet he got in.

Attached: T_05092019123735.png (1440x2373, 433K)

Shigeru Miyamoto was the one who demanded Pac-Man to be in

Oh wait you're a rosterfag, nvm I thought I was talking to someone who cared about playing the characters.

>non-echo clone
Wut

Anyway just use Robin's model and make Grima.
>adds a villain
>can reuse a model
>just give him lots of shadow effects
>replace sword with that zombie dragon tendril thing he does

>literally says they will extend DLCs beyond the pass with the same output
>"they'll do something small scale!"

I hate twitter screencaps but I won't lie, this is fucking funny.

Attached: 1465066195313.jpg (268x284, 17K)

quote is mii costume material

I said they'd do both

why waste time making small scale when you can fully pledge to a project? this isn't game development time where they allocate resources and see if there's something free

The audience changed because the original audience left FE because of Tellius, faggot. If you think the Tellius was good you're the cancer that nearly killed FE. Awakening was chemo to get rid of you shittaste spergs. Ike is an absolute faggot in PoR that keeps fucking shit up for his shitty wojak-tier ideals and then he turns into an edgy faggot in RD.
Also, in Smash Cloud fills Ike's niche better than Ike ever did. He was added for the same reason Marth and Roy were in melee. To shill his game, difference was Ike's already bombed when he got into Smash. He's an embarrassment and should be removed at Sakurai's earliest convenience.

Attached: 1556300776859.gif (80x92, 27K)

Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Lucas, Roy, Pichu, Toon Link, Young Link, Isabelle

I have never seen taste this bad before.

>anime
Opinion discarded.

PoR was literally the last good FE game. Awakening was the beginning and the end of the shift to waifufaggotry weeb pandering.

Does your uncle work for Nintendo? What the fuck kind of insider info do you have on their timetable and budget? That shit isn't infinite, retard. If they can make 10 more DLC fighters or 10 more DLC fighters + 5 echo fighters, then gee what's the better deal here

DLC needs to sell on it's own merits and there are few first party characters that will be as exciting as third party characters.

Unironically the only characters that stand a chance from first parties are the ones who barely missed the boat - AND still have a large following. You'll sooner see Rex than Isaac or Felix, and you'll sooner see Leon Kennedy or Crash Bandicoot before Rex.

You said it yourself, it isn't infinite, so why waste resources for making echoes? If the development is going steady for new characters, why do a sideline?

Zero also looks pretty good.

Give me clone characters instead. There isn't a hard deadline or budget anymore.

Lucas and especially Wolf are so far removed that classifying them as clones is an insult.

Semi-clones

humans literally aren't meant to handle so many choices, just as we're not meant to be familiar with hundreds of people on an intimate level, or to regularly process numbers like 1 million. our brains aren't designed for it. have neither of you never been paralysed by choice?

It's either a clone or not you fag.

user, you sound retarded.

So Sakurai is including more third parties? That seemed pretty obvious. But that doesn't really outright kill the idea of first parties coming back. Since, y'know, you can make new collaboration characters alongside new first parties.

Not in a fucking video game. Are you literally, as in the clinical sense of the term, autistic and have such a low threshold for sensory overload that a fighting game roster screen seems oppressive?

>humans literally aren't meant to handle so many choices
It's called "variety". What the fuck are you babbling about?

Attached: 031f257bd8ba946644956f9404dd9363c2ccae67.png (562x534, 22K)

mediaroom.iese.edu/new-research-shows-why-the-human-brain-struggles-with-plenty-of-choice/

Attached: 1538540730046.png (664x960, 756K)

I don't have this issue, fagit. Not reading.

No, that's what you call OCD. Also having more choices doesn't limit you, since it's not like you "lose" your familiarity.

how do you know what the issue is if you didn't read it

at least learn to skimread you god damn illiterate

Attached: 1552173792651.jpg (716x606, 50K)

Wrong. Awakening was going to be the last installment, the end. The beginning of the end can't be the end, faggot. The beginning of the end was Tellius. Luckily you shit-eating cocksuckers are scared off by the lesser evil of waifu shit. Awakening was the new beginning that gave way to Conquest and more recently Three Houses.
Tellius is a dark stain on the franchise, rip those lenses off and realize GBA was peak FE, Tellius was garbage and Awakening was the beginning of the renaissance.

Attached: 1552240759757.jpg (500x750, 233K)

Because I'm fine with the roster in Ultimate being big.

>when he rolls he does those silly short hops around
fund it

>Snake, Joker, and Bayonetta

Not even remotely similar.

>As long as they originated in a Video Game, they can get in.

There are legal issues, licensing issues, PR issues, etc. ALL that shit has a definitive influence on what does or does not make it into the game.

Doomguy will never be allowed in a first party Nintendo game. You're a fucking idiot if you think Doom is even remotely comparable to anime shit.

Fatal Fury Special was one of the most successful arcade games in Japan in the early 90s. THAT'S why Terry Bogard was included.

The wording in that twitter post makes it sound like the game will continue being supported until the end of time as long as every single rosterfaggot is satisfied.
and the online will still continue to be shit so what's the point of playing

I just wonder if we're getting a first party character again, or it's all third party guys for the rest of the DLCs.
Like rex and springman feel like they're going to be like Inkling, release before the time for base/DLC, but don't get in until the next entry. And it's probably going to be the same with shit like the Howards and what else releases this year and next

Attached: 1561927246693.png (529x643, 194K)

>Street Fighter dudes
>Terry repping Fatal Fury(and throwing in some King of Fighters shoutouts hopefully with the stage and soundtrack)

All you need is one of the main Tekken dudes(Heihachi, or Kazuya or Jin) and our ninja Hayabusa to double-rep Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive and you have the greatest fighting game crossover ever, using a platform fighting system totally alien to any of their home titles.

they're in.

Attached: 1566082860445.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

>Sega nets us Temnjin

Attached: 1561687465233.gif (244x244, 46K)

>Saber has been summoned
How hype would it be

Attached: 1551986414967.png (1500x2149, 2.83M)

Don't worry, they'll fix it in the Switch U port.

Because I don't have a problem with the 107+ stages that we already have in the game.

sora is going to be in.

Rex and co. are pretty much dead in the water. Dunno about unrepresented first party who aren't spirited though.

The fact that they usually include spirits for new games but not for AC is nice.

hes in.

Attached: 1563669858278.jpg (1024x554, 83K)

Not very. Nero however would so fucking hype. Altria can be a mii costume. Or an alt. Altira isn't even vidya. Nero is vidya.

Attached: 1550059110936.jpg (1000x891, 115K)

Astolfo

It's going to last the Switch's entire lifespan
Then they'll port Ultimate to the next generation with even more newcomers, and then that will last that console's entire lifespan.
Smash becomes "Celebration of Nintendo games" to "Celebration of Video Games" to "Celebration of Japanese Media" to "Celebration of Media". We'll have 8 player Smash of Goku, Iron Man, Superman, Deku, Nathan Drake, Miku, Snoopy, and Mario

Uh yeah. Snake is often associated with murder, war, and breaking people's necks (one of those being a sensitive subject). Bayonetta is associated with religion, sexual themes, and violence. Specifically murdering Angels in brutal fashions. Joker is from a game that's associated with fucking RAPE and many other suggestive themes and topics.

And you're honest to god telling me straight up that Doomguy can't be in Smash just because "he's too violent".

>He's too mature!
>Too gory!
>He uses a fucking gun!

Sakurai does not give a single shit. If he can make fucking Wii Fit Trainer or a plant into a realizable fighter, he can do just fine with Doom Slayer.

Attached: 1513207235561.jpg (224x216, 13K)

is also vidya. But not a main character like Nero.

Attached: 1551444763460.jpg (682x682, 63K)

I was asking the non mentally ill people

huh yeah you're right, there's no astral chain spirits

I main Ryu, and I gonna replace him with Terry when he comes out.

Sorry, bud. You'd have to be mentally diseased to like a fishfaced, always hungry, uninteresting creature like Altria. Nero, is full of life and very lovable.

Attached: 1552270281450.jpg (285x263, 28K)

all they fucking need to do is have rollback netcode, not delay-based shit.

I BELEIVE IN YOU SAKURAI

Attached: 1280px-Pong.svg.png (1280x960, 5K)

But Nintendo already put in its first party Pong clone as an assist trophy

Assist-trophy deconfirmed

>Crash
>No
Lmao why do you think Baracat is in?

How many rules have been broken so far with this game alone?

Ridley
>Too Big
>Sakurai literally said it

King K Rool
>Irrelevant to his own franchise

Isabelle
>Semi’s not needed when we have echoes

Joker
>Has to appear in a Nintendo console

Banjo
>Irrlevant old relic of the past
>competitor console

Sans Mii Costume
>It has to be the protagonist of the game

>It has to be the protagonist of the game

Nigga there have been many costumes not based on the protag.

>Has to appear in a Nintendo console
He did appear on 3DS in Japan before his announcement.

Attached: de6.png (680x887, 1.08M)

You are completely fucking delusional. You're comparing DOOM to anime shit. The latter of which is mostly made for and played by children. You don't even believe what you're typing. You're just literally addicted to memes and you will post whatever you have to to justify your meme addiction. Go back 2 reddit where you came from.

>children play MGS and Bayonetta

kill yourself

Series that aren’t represented already

Here's your Sony rep, bro.

Attached: kat.png (1119x1048, 1.75M)

Nice "argument" fuckwad. Just throwing insults now. Great job. Take this on your way out.

Attached: EEL1rbQXkAAcnII.jpg (440x495, 57K)

>The latter of which is mostly made for and played by children.
>kids never played doom
>It's anime looking for it's for kids despite themes or age ratings
I ain't got no piece in this matter but still, it's pretty much up to if they want to even bother with him and tone doom guy down for CERO.

I would cum harder than Kat falls in jupiter style

*so it's for kids

Attached: katwoah.png (1667x781, 2.01M)

Nintendo would prefer if Smash lasted the entire switch lifespan, which is at least a few more years.

If you say 1 fighter pass for every year, which is 4-5 characters.

You may wind up with 10 minimum. It all depends on;
- How many does sakurai wanna do
- How long does the Switch last as a console

Frankly, Doom Slayer is the only character that makes sense to wrap up this pass.
Betheseda has been very friendly towards Nintendo, and with how much they've been pushing Doom especially with the re-release of 64 around the same time as Doom Eternal being released.

Attached: 1543020867089.png (652x640, 150K)

Sakurai isn't an employee of Ninte Nintendo, he's freelance

Also it wraps up Doom's anniversary
It could even be a TGA reveal since the original Doom did come out in December

We going for 100 character total by the end of ultimate's DLC cycle.

Speak for yourself, I wanted an SNK character since Brawl but never imagined it would happen

Miyu and Fay for Fox and Falco.

>spend another 50 dollars goy!
8 already gave you Jews around $85 or so.

It’s called pandering
He did it to shut u retards up so he wouldn’t have to keep hearing about it
They are aware people outside of japan play it they aren’t just going to pander to japan otherwise they would never hear the end of it from annoying retards

Yeah and Nintendo's relationship with Bethesda has been pretty long. Going as far back as 2015-2016 probably.

Doom's history with Nintendo goes as far back as the SNES. Though most kiddies here are probably unaware of that fact

Cope and seethe.

Attached: T_04092019124441.png (1440x3725, 2.04M)

Can someone make/point out a comprehensive list of companies who work with nintendo currently and show their 3 most lucrative IP's over time?

This is your second season dlc pass for tonight.

Attached: 1567740622206 v2.png (1980x941, 1.52M)

What fighting game characters would fit this game well beyond Ryu/Ken and Terry

Kinda want Morrigan

>Sakurai singled out the FPS genre when talking about Banjo’s neutral special
that's why he won't be in, banjo is the fps representation

We lose nothing by low balling it.

...You think you're fucking funny don't you.

If I say that enough other people will start to use it as a serious argument. Enjoy.

No Sora.

Get your twitter buddies to spam Isaac nonstop and to get mad that he is not in. It worked for Banjo.

Cotton would just feel like a ripoff of Reimu

>Disney is fine wit-
>super DISNEY© smash bros ultimate

Ryu Hayabusa is technically a fighting game character via his presence in Dead or Alive. It's not just a cameo since he plays a part in the story and canonically wins DoA2.
Sure, his Smash moveset would probably pull more from his NES and Modern Ninja Gaiden series rather than DoA but I think it could make for some good stuff in his Normal/Tilt/Smash attacks while his specials are reserved for things like NG Ninpos.

Heihachi is the obvious Tekken frontrunner since he's functionally its mascot and got the Mii costume. Tekken doesn't really have too much in the way of projectiles since so much of the series places emphasis on the limbs, but Smash has a lot of characters like the Fire Emblem swordfighters and Captain Falcon that are totally dependent on melee combat anyway. I think you could do some interesting stuff with the other cover guys if you incorporated their Devil gene stuff into their moveset.

If you wanted something more fantastical, Sol Badguy or Ragna from Arc System Works' two big fighting series could be more visually distinctive, although it could be a little too flamboyant.

Probably another 5

what does that even mean

This phrase wasn't meant to be taken literally you retards

Not sure how many times it needs to be said before people get it, datamined character slots mean jack shit. Smash 4 had way more than the amount of DLC the game got and they can easily remove or add them in if needed.

I'll list some companies and what i think relates to smash.. theres obviously lots more but most of the others i'd omit because they have enough representation or are just too smalltime or shit

Koei Temco:
>Ninja Gaiden

Inti creates:
>master blaster

Ubisoft:
>Assasins creed
>Rayman
>rabids

Grasshopper manufacturer:
>travis strikes again

Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
>I am setsuna?

From Software
>Dark Souls

Take-Two Interactive Software
>GTA

Epic
>fortnite

EA
>Sims
>Angry birds
>Dead space?

Squenix
>already repped

Spike chunsoft
>Danganronpa

Capcom
>already repped

Sega
>already repped

Bethesda
>DOOM
>Skyrim
>Fallout

Bandai namco
>Digimon
>Tekken

Platinum
>2b
>astral chain boi/girl
>wonder red

Atlus
>already repped

Arc system games
>Blazblue

Activision
>Crash

Level 5
>Yokai

505 games
>Terarria
>Stardew Valley

Ffffffuuuuck. Doomguy and Ryu might get in after all.

you're fucking delusional

I should also add these two:

Taito
>Space invaders
>Bubble bobble

Microsoft
>Master chief
>Minecraft

Actually... whats really strange about Taito is.... and i want peoples opinions on this.. their company made the one of the holy grails of video games (space invaders) and NOWHERE in smash are they referenced.. or their other flagship character Bubble Bobble... and yet the company IS represented in the orville spirit from takt of magic...

Seems like a huge oversight for the ultimate gaming homage don't you think?

All the more reason to include Hayabusa. This gives all the guys at Capcom a chance to beat up someone they hate with one of their boys (Ryu, Megan-Man)

You know, calling everyone delusional doesn't exactly validate your argument. It just shows you're backed up against a wall.

Hatsune Miku. Cause she's from software, software is like a video game.

>Bernstein

Perfect World Scenario
>25 more characters after FP1 ends, bring us to an even 100 unique characters
>10 or so more echoes add via patches or a cheaper pass
>remaining missing stages are added via DLC
>additional music, mainly rips, are added via DLC
>Adventure Mode and Break the Targets return.
>Whenever the next nintendo systems rolls out in the far future, just port this game, with whatever gameplay adjustments you want.

The only reason those "rules" have been broken is because they we're never rules to begin with. Out of those the only one that was ever true to playable characters of new franchises is being the main character, and Sans is not an exception as he is just a mii costume. As for Ridley, Sakurai is in all his right to repent his own words.

Quote, Steve, or Reimu.

In order of want to least want for me.

They didn't know where to put him because they felt like Mario was a cameo that needed to be relevant to the plot to be worth doing. Also, Nintendo was super anal about how Bowser drinks coffee and all the other video game companys were in a dick measuring competition to make their villain the biggest one in the room. The Disney circlejerking in Ralph Breaks the Internet was just as much trying to avoid dealing with game company demands as it was an excuse to self-fellate themselves over how much crap they own now.

10 at most cause that’s how many slots they have left, but they could probably just add more

at that point the dlc will cost more than the game
just like a real fighting game

Wot if Doom Guy is all four of these things, and together they constitute too muchu for Nintendo to pick them over a less clusterfucky character?
t. Devil's advocate

Or maybe there isn't a rule keeping him from getting in at all and you're just moving goalposts?

Octolings for Inklings
Big Boss for Snake
Zack for Cloud
Jeanne for Bayonetta
Ninten for Ness
Morgan for Robin
Akuma for Ryu/Ken
Impa for Sheik
Tails or Metal Sonic for Sonic
literally any Belmont for Simon/Richter
Ms. Pac-Man for Pac-Man
for Ike

Most of the pokemon could get an echo of some kind via evolution, we could even get Raichu for Pikachu and complete the chain.

Finally someone fucking gets it.

Yo, did blow the whole gun in that cats ass?

#SoraforSmash

>Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
>Gooigi for Luigi
>Ninten for Ness
>Blood Falcon / Black Shadow for Captain Falcon
>Dry Bowser for Bowser
>Impa for Sheik
>Hilda or any other alternate version of Zelda for Zelda
>Dark Meta / Galacta / Morpho Knight for Meta Knight
>Raiden for Snake
>Zelgius for Ike
>Dixie Kong for Diddy Kong
>Louie / President / Alph / Brittany / Charlie for Olimar
>Tom Nook for Villager / Isabelle
>Proto Man for Mega Man
>Glass Joe for Little Mac
>Medusa for Palutena
>Ms. Pac-Man for Pac-Man
>Morgan for Robin
>Malos for Shulk
>Zack for Cloud
>Kanna for Corrin
>Jeanne for Bayonetta
>Octoling for Inkling
You can pretty easily make an echo fighter for a fuckton of characters if you wanted. This isn't even going into "out there" stuff like Boshi / Birdo for Yoshi or Zeraora for Lucario

Maybe there are many complex factors as to whether someone can or cannot get in, and trying to reduce them to a linear yes-he's-possible-no-he's-not is a more fundamental error than any specific stance either which way?
t. Really Devilish Devil's advocate

Can I be real with you here. I honestly think the only things that can keep a character from getting in Smash is a "sexually suggestive" attire like Mai's, or if the character originates from a series that is BANNED in Japan.

I do not see anything standing in Doomguy's way. Like, at all.

Attached: travis cat.jpg (431x359, 29K)

To be fair, Capcom was repped with an echo character. It's possible they could get an original rep down the line. If they do, I'm hoping it's Dante.

Attached: 1528663965224.jpg (592x555, 60K)

I'm hoping it's the cool Dante

Attached: apps.26157.13576621166825652.1f6a2364-25cf-49c8-813e-5ccdf76b741d.3f7c2be5-671b-4fc8-9cdf-2dbaebb9ae (800x800, 124K)

Have you looked for a reason?

Yes. I've looked for one. Many times. And they've all been debunked by past reps. I'm sorry but I genuinely honest to god do not see anything keeping Doomguy from getting in.

just the fact that it's a western property with little to no connection to Nintendo is enough
Is it impossible? No, almost nothing is anymore but still not likely

A guy or gal called Terry.

Attached: SNK-HEROINES-Tag-Team-Frenzy_20180905013303[1].jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

is this a shoop or did they actually give dante a donte skin?

Cotton at least is from a game series.

Does anybody have the one right after the Nintendo SNK leak went up where somebody was trying to be some impressive leaker and wrote it would be "Terry from Metal Slug?"
That one always makes me laugh.

It's real.

Same, Dante is fun as fuck in MvC

>just the fact that it's a western property with little to no connection to Nintendo is enough

What the actual FUCK are you talking about?

Attached: D_8LN1sXoAEgjNS.jpg (960x792, 112K)

>not the red doom snes cart
Is it rare? I should go find my copy, it was the most aesthetically pleasing snes game.

DOOM is on everything
It's not like Banjo

From what I can gauge, and bear in mind I'm just one guy, Ryu Hayabusa and Dante are the most plausible deserving third parties right now. Doomguy is the most prolific and doable fan request, with support in both EU and NA. Not counting Waluigi, who is probably more widely recognized. Regardless of how you feel about him, if he ever gets in it would probably be in the next game where they can't go full MUGEN and will need an easily obtainable list of popular newcomer requests.

Anyone who's mostly popular overseas will need that consistent support. Doomguy has a strong pedigree and legacy unlike several other fan requests but he's still unlikely to be at the forefront of the development team's minds. That being said, the Sans costume shows they are aware of characters who started getting support as recently as 2018. It also shows they might be aware of who is and isn't a big fat meme, so we're probably not getting Steve or Tracer.

or so more echoes add via patches or a cheaper pass
If that includeds Shadow then i'd be fine with it.

I main Ryu and Ken and you bet your ass I’m maining Terry as well

The whole idea of saving stuff for next game is what sakurai shot down by admitting smash ultimate will never be able to happen again so he’s going to keep adding to it. So drop that whole notion sakurai is on board with making this the end all smash game.

>Tails for Sonic
Tails plays nothing like Sonic in their games.

Characters are nice and all, but how about a different major type of DLC? There's still 15 stages that were left out of Ultimate, and people want many of them back. and personally I'd love to see ALL of them return.

Attached: bac.png (2140x2634, 1.53M)

>koei tecmo
i coulda sworn ninja gaiden was a capcom title
but then again i thought hayabusa was the same ryu in sega all stars racing transformed

too many ryus, too many ninjas

Source?

It's 5 fucking dollars for a single character, of course they're going to make tons more of these.

I can tell you that isn't the case, because I brought up a reason in my first devil's advocate post and you haven't addressed it. "But maybe there ISN'T" is not enough to counter "But maybe there IS". Hence the second devil's advocate post.

God I wish. Either that or the playable 10th class in TF2, so I can have Robin Atkin Downes with a lightsabre running around with an uber from Robin Atkin Downes with(out) a medical licenes.

>remaining missing stages are added via DLC
This. Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom 1, and Pac-Maze are the biggest offenders, at least for me. I'd like Zebes and Sector Z to return too, Zebes has a different layout than Brinstar, and Sector Z is larger than Corneria.

I'd instantly pay 5.99 for a straight port of Poke Floats or Miiverse with an ability to do drawings again kind of like Splatoon 2 has
I don't really know why the Switch doesn't have something like Miiverse or Streetpass, it was like the one thing the 3DS / Wii U era did that was pretty cool

I've always hated the shrunk sector z version. Give me Sector Z, Pokefloats, the better pac man level (why the fuck did they pick the shitty one), Orbital and wooly world back and I would be satisfied. Why even remove the wii u levels.

For the Miiverse stage they can easily just compile a bunch of Smash 4 posts and whip up ones for the new characters, like 10 drawings or messages each.

What the fuck will Sakurai do after he's done with this entry?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-11 VGC on Twitter Masahiro Sakurai says there's ‘no way’ future Smash Br (598x753, 402K)

I am inevitable

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_yamaguchi_satoshi__0a8f09e576ffe93296a172055c080be2.jpg (1412x2000, 1000K)

retire, probably
this is his magnum opus and he's pouring his fuckin life into it
if all the licensing allows for ports of the game to be made while keeping everything in between, it could go on for ages

Celica. Instead of Thunder Tome, she uses Fire Tome for her neutral special. She's a little lighter on her feet than Robin, and runs faster, but her normal attacks lack reach, using the Golden Dagger. Her side special is the Blizzard tome, which sends out a ball of ice that has a large but light-effect wind box. Her up special is Celica's Gale, which is a single tornado launching her skyward. Down Special is Seraphim, which grabs foes like Nosferatu, only stuns instead of healing Celica.
Unlike Robin, Celica's tomes don't run dry, but their power and effects are weaker.

As long as it's making them money and promoting games on their console yeah.

Honestly I think she is. Sakurai is going all out now.

Sakurai's getting old, will probably retire or work himself to death within the next decade

He's only in his 50's. That's like 26 to nips.

Iori is already in isekai, don't need Smash.

>Sakurai retires
>Smash is now given to some young new face
>Because Ultimate can't be topped in terms of the roster, rosterfags fucking hate this dude for not giving them the six quadrillion characters that were in Ultimate
>Nintendo receives letter upon letter of hate mail

I'm thinking this might be the last Smash, bros...if not, then the other entries will be ports with a decent amount of differences.

this has to be the last smash
there cannot be anything that tops it
all there is left is ports of ultimate with additions
and to be honest, that's all we need imo

Workaholics don't retire.
Sakurai could have retired before Ultimate

The entire video game industry is borderline this way. New series, and expansions and patches for existing series, but no outright sequels. Sounds nice to me.

For example: people talk about a hypothetical TF3. But in practice, TF2 today IS TF3. You compare the nature, detail and sheer scope of gameplay when the game was first released on the Orange Box in 2007 to today, and besides shared assets there are sequel-tier different games. And if Valve stopped sucking DotA cock for a moment and put out more and more frequent updates then it would be immaculate.

Let's also say that Nintendo reworked the past major 2D and 3D games so that they worked with Breath of the Wild's basic physics and logic, while the graphical style of each game was preserved. That would kick absolute ass, and from then on all future Zelda games could simply be BotW expansions. One single Zelda game with endless quests and stories.

I disagree, I can see where this would be a good thing with multiplayer games like TF2 and Ultimate, but i feel like different games give out a different feel and may appeal to different people than one other game. It's good to have different visions within the same game series

Did you miss the part where Nintendo has control of characters? Sakurai said he only determines if Nintendo's handpicked characters can be realized in Smash in the Famitsu column. You absolute retards.

>Did you miss the part where Nintendo has control of characters?
Fucking dumbass. Nintendo are the ones who pushed for all the third-party characters in the pass to begin with. What makes you think they won't go further with that?

this plus terry

Attached: le DLC meme.png (442x1996, 664K)

Not happening, we know its origin, and Nintendo probably doesn't want to be associated with this kind of content.

im somewhere in the middle i think depending on the situation
smash should continue having stuff added to it since its a mutable series with a plot that isn't necessarily tied to the gameplay, given that story mode is essentially a casing or frame of sorts for the main gameplay

but in games like botw there can only be so much content before the story NEEDS to advance to prevent the already-existent content and setting from becoming stale

but then there's a third option - basically an "old save bonus" if you will - that would basically be sequels with major additions taking place directly after the original that both give access to new content while keeping all the old stuff if you have the old game, so it can either be a good jumping-on point if you're not familiar with the previous one or a simple continuation with everything you already have

i'd say banjo-tooie and the pokemon series up until recently was a lot like the lattermost situation

In what way?

Who said anything about halting story changes?

kek, user fuckin destroyed by facts

Screencapped for future use, strap in kids, Smashfaggotry is going for the endgame.

Attached: This ride's never gonna end..png (1325x205, 25K)

or, the assist in question can just not appear when the playable character is in battle, like alucard in the wii fit stage or the moon in the great bay stage

Attached: cope and seethey.jpg (2272x1536, 896K)

well something was said about "no outright sequels"
guess i ended up twisting it or something