Can pc gamers explain what rgb lighting is for? Looks gay af and how do you customize it or turn it off?

Can pc gamers explain what rgb lighting is for? Looks gay af and how do you customize it or turn it off?

Attached: 768CF685-90DF-46C6-9364-28C0BCEC257A.jpg (1000x800, 111K)

Red makes it go faster but runs hotter, blue cools it down.

What is the disadvantage or limitation that rgb lights create? Are there any? Do you just hate bright colors?

distraction

doesn't it just waste more electricity? i much rather have those parts running without christmas lights adding more power usage. And no, I don't hate it... (unless i can turn it all off) so how do you do it? I don't have one of these computers by the way.

my older brother's PC is decked out in red lights.

they're okay, i guess. i'm more of a sleeper type. i would benefit from a backlit keyboard too, though, since i usually play in the dark

Like women with tattooes are whores, PC gamers with rgb leds are retards

Lhelps me k ow whe. To dust

a-user, are you alright

>gay
>af
You are already a faggot.

Attached: 1568173024876.png (883x691, 614K)

Looks neat in the dark, that's about it. It's simply one more avenue to customize, which is part of the fun for most normal people. If it doesn't appeal to you, simply buy parts that don't light up. There are numerous brands like this and in some cases it's even less expensive to acquire a plain case and parts that don't light up. LED lighting consumes very little additional power so there's minimal drawback to using it.

Basically, if you hate it to the point where it's somehow a problem for you that people are using it, it probably means you have some type of psychological problem since there's no conceivable way someone could harm you with lights on their computer. I would recommend seeking a qualified therapist who can help you address negative and unproductive thought patterns.

If it's all the same color at the same time or cycling through colors it looks cool. A random mismatch of rainbow colors looks bad.
LEDs are very energy efficient, it doesn't even matter.

how are the colors customized? is it from a software included with the parts?

ye, depends on the manufacturer though. my bro's PC's stuck with red lights for eternity

I've always disliked RGB lighting or any non indication led. This is why nearly all of the pc related stuff I own has no RGB.

Fpbp everyone else is retarded

lmfao that sucks.

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

maybe you are retarded for thinking it's cool.

Mine switches color depending on cpu temperature

Rainbow gamer lights are sick as fuck and you're a fag if you don't like them and hardware windows

only if you treat your pc like a rave?

Based and RGBpilled.

Attached: palumbogod.png (324x314, 108K)

RGB is gay but now you can't buy anything without it covered in RBG vomit. I prefer a small amount of tasteful backlighting.

Use Orange LEDs.

Attached: That damn cat.jpg (437x402, 91K)

Gotta waste as much energy as you can to be an epic gamer bro

>RGB

Attached: 1564341900941.gif (350x409, 437K)

>doesn't it just waste more electricity?
Isn't that the point of spending 1000s of dollars on what is essentially a waste of time? Some people want to entertain themselves outside of gaming, simple as that. It's not for everyone, and that's okay.