Is this any good?

is this any good?

Attached: file.png (551x890, 924K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exli6rGldBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best worst game ever
Dont know how's the Switch port though, both PS3 and PC versions are a shot in the dark when it comes to their quality so I would assume this one has its problems as well

The Switch version, or Deadly Premonition in general?

both

Apparently the port isn’t good but they apologized so they’ll probably fix it eventually

Imagine if David Lynch wrote a brilliant script, and then handed it to Ed Wood to direct. Now put that into game form and you have Deadly Premonition. The game is part genius, and part utter garbage. If you like weird cult games, then it's for you.

If ironically enjoy garbage then yeah

It's very charming but the gameplay is pretty rough to slog through

it's a great piece of shit, you should absolutely play it

Yes, but not in the absolute unit part of gameplay sense. It's fucking weird and there's legit nothing like it. The gameplay is like some sort of RE4-esque aim-n-shoot horror game, but pretty easy, but also made open-world with lots of mundane shit to do, because it's the country. It's supposedly a horror game, but you will laugh often and get weirded out by different stuff in the game. All in all, shit's fucking brilliant.
This.
I'm still waiting for any confirmation-
Goddammit, at least they will fix it. I got it for PS3 and the constant mini-freezing was kinda tiring.

It’s sound issues

Didn't they patch that yesterday?

Its a fantastic story with gameplay kinda like RE4.

Attached: Deadly Premonition goty.png (1024x1325, 607K)

If you like Twin Peaks, or generally strange, surreal niche games, yes absolutely.
The sound issues (minus the car audio) were fixed yesterday. It is still no technical marvel by a long shot (the framerate especially when driving is just flat bad wherever you play it), but the Switch version at least hasn't crashed on me yet, which is more than I can say for the PC release.

Attached: officer_emily_wyatt.jpg (1297x1280, 213K)

>These RE4 fags roasting themselves
Beautiful

Sounds like it's just like the ps3 version.

Not really. They fixed the sound glitch apparently. If they keep patching it they could make it the best even despite it's bad framerate by being the only copy to maybe fix the memory leaks and other such issues. As of now, it's just a laggier version of the Directors Cut without some of the worst additions the Directors Cut added like the stupid exposition in the future scenes that added nothing.

>As of now, it's just a laggier version of the Directors Cut
FUCK

Totally worth playing if you like a real "cinematic story." like Silent Hill 1 and 2. Or Siren 1 and 2.
It has plenty of funny and weird moments but the character developments and the depictions of their personalities are simply superior to any other game last gen. Very soulful and warm.

Yea Forums is a bunch of pretentious hipster faggots as if they had a better story last gen but in reality theres no such game. Especially western devs are soulless af, can never make games like this.

>Imagine if David Lynch wrote a brilliant script, and then handed it to Ed Wood to direct.
That pretty much encapsulates Deadly Premonition, good one user.

I'm currently doing my yearly fall Twin Peaks rewatch and it's making me itch for a Deadly Premonition replay. Then I remember the terrible, terrible gameplay and the itch quickly fades. I'll get around to replaying this beautiful mess eventually, closer to DP2 release probably.

Attached: David_Lynch5.png (1200x747, 609K)

What are the minimum requirements to play this on RPSC3? I heard people say it's the best way to play it if you don't have the X360 version available.

>It's so bad it's good!
youtube.com/watch?v=exli6rGldBc

It is a genuinely great game with great ideas, atmosphere and writing, that is sometimes let down by technical shortcomings.

Deadly premonition is best acid trip ever. I own this game on 360,ps3,pc and now switch. Just started switch version last night and loving it all over again. The water looks worse in this version that is the main difference so far.

I don't actually mind the director's cut changes. The game works better for me a bit more colorful than with the filter over everything, and there's a good amount of positive upgrades. The biggest issue is there's some dumb scenes added which this removes and there's a constant battle between what's the most stable way to play DP, and the answer right now is to just play the original.

Nice. So now what are the problems besides low fps on car?

god damn that is great cover art

So can anyone confirm if the DLC costumes are unlocked after your first playthrough? Since I can't get in to the Extras menu untill it looks like a completed playthrough.

Pretty sure the sound patch was released yesterday, but I haven't seen anyone comment on whether or not it's actually fixed.

It is, apart from the car. Which I think is a + after playing DC on PC.

Neat I've actually never played DP, but the DP2 trailer caught my eye. It looks a lot cleaner and I like the hints that D4 ideas are being incorporated. I'll probably wait for a sale on DP Origins

>Imagine if David Lynch wrote a brilliant script, and then handed it to Ed Wood to direct.
That' might be the most perfect description I've ever heard for DP. Well done.
I always hate when people say it's one of those "it's so bad it's good" or the Room of video games. DP is a great game with some bigger issues and the overall weirdness and sudden transitions in the tracks add to the charm. And York is fucking stellar.

Attached: emily.jpg (500x730, 380K)

The Room is fucking awful and the people who enjoy it as "so bad it's good" are devoid of any real sense of humor.

Exactly. DP's issues are undeniable but I hate whenever people compare it to the Room. The Room of vidya is more like Ride to Hell, where you're just going along for the ride to see how bad things can be.

Attached: xJdVzDv.jpg (1280x720, 48K)