What makes Silent Hill 2 so much better than horror games today that take inspiration from it?

What makes Silent Hill 2 so much better than horror games today that take inspiration from it?

Attached: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (263x379, 20K)

The horror in SH2 is basically secondary, its not really what carries the game.

Its more of a nightmarish drama.

It's also really fucking sad

Attached: 6d0ab48cc07ecdfc22011e3d49f78f7c.jpg (604x544, 70K)

>take inspiration from it
more like try to rip off its twist wholesale and then say "yea we're inspired by it :)" while ultimately failing to offer anything new or interesting. the original will always be better than the endless horde of trash trying to make bank off it.

He had a dark past and he's going through his own personal hell!

Attached: 1567199093876.jpg (976x720, 85K)

>OMG JAMES KUN IS JUST LIKE ME
>SO TORMENTEEEED
>I NEVER TOUCHED A GIRL IN MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE BUT I CAN TOTALLY RELATE WITH HIS STRUGGLE WITH HIS DYING WIFE
>OMG MARY IS SO FUCKING HOT
>HAHA EDDIE IS SO FAT, TOTALLY NOT ME GUYS
>OMG I WISH I COULD SAVE ANGELA 4 ME IT'S ALWAYS LIEK THIS RT IF YOU REMEMBER

Grow the fuck up, retards.
Play a game about someone that realistically represents who you REALLY are, instead.

Attached: 318.jpg (699x503, 32K)

user... I...

Attached: images (9).jpg (374x360, 8K)

So we're not allowed to enjoy a good somber story? By that logic no one should enjoy King Leer since we were never in his position

Attached: tumblr_ny96s0BAvl1qb6jf0o1_400.gif (400x299, 857K)

Attached: +_dc2a3e9f22599d56de9807e56e4866bf.jpg (1000x562, 127K)

Because amnesia and twist endings are not magical solutions to make an interesting plot, let alone a horror game, as mentioned above the horror in this game leans on the background (alongside the occult themes that are essential to SH), this game really plays with you unlike SH:SM even when fans of the later think it was "innovation" or even well made.

I don't think anyone plays SH2 thinking they would identify with the character at all, you feel more emphatic with Harry Mason in SH1, with James you just are just coming along and thinking "WTF is wrong with all these people?"

Wut?

Attached: DSP_CowboyHat.png (237x200, 58K)

i think ultimately you're as stupid as a human being can possibly be while still being able to operate a computer and write complete sentences. rethink your life, please.

Attached: 1558910527309.png (832x616, 319K)

W-w-what game?

SH4.
Aka poor little white Yea Forums gets their hole enlarged by the chad daddy of all incels: the game.

Attached: 35.jpg (640x480, 26K)

because it wasn't really that great to begin with, so the people taking "inspiration" from it take the wrong "inspiration" and end up using what they thought the game was, which is something it wasn't

they thought it to be some masterpiece well-written super deep adventure but it was just kinda your run of the mill above average horror game with a decent story

Silent Hill 4 is the scariest yet the worst in terms of game play of the Team Silent era

>this much amount of passive aggressiveness
You don't get out much do you?

Attached: 8zaamh43d4u21.jpg (750x446, 37K)

Blue Velvet 1986 was better

Attached: blue-velvet-vintage-movie-poster-original-italian-4-foglio-55x78-4748.jpg (2500x3470, 1.15M)

that picture has literally nothing to do with the movie.

It does Lynch had to cut scene in the final cut.

because it was different
trying to make something different by copying something different is so retarded that it's actually an oxymoron

talented devs?

There was a lot of infighting among the devs.
Hard to say who was talented, and who wasn't.
When Ito presented his designs for PH, a lot of the people in the team hated it.
If he wasn't stubborn about it, we would've never got PH.

Not to mention afterwards Konami pushing for SH3 to be an on-rail shooter (yes i'm not joking)...

Attached: 21.jpg (350x540, 33K)

Silent Hill Arcade is genuinely cool though

What happened with that first-person mod? It ever get released?

Nah the dev died, cancer I believe