System Shock 3

youtube.com/watch?v=yIWAMT2og3M

Why is SHODAN still trying to alter living beings? You'd think she'd learn after the mistake with the Many.

Attached: shodan.jpg (640x480, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USx_gAffErA
youtu.be/Fd90m2xG5RE
twitter.com/FunkyRustic/status/1171781245925298182
youtube.com/watch?v=mtdQ5roMuEA
youtube.com/watch?v=gVppwZXkvLM
youtube.com/watch?v=JdiaIRkjpI0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish this could've gotten the budget to make the game look like alien isolation, i've been playing that recently and the ship looks amazing.

hope this lives up to SS2.

this is gonna be so shit but I'm gonna play it

Attached: 1557237346767 (1).jpg (533x400, 147K)

is this fuckin snidley whiplash
who walks like this

Attached: wha.png (854x477, 294K)

I've never played the originals. Do I need to play the first game, or can I just hop to SS2?

after SS2 she escaped the Von Braun inside a human body through an implant. And she has always seen herself as a goddess of humanity, shaping them into pawns and tools anyway. She wants an avatar.

I would play it, 2 is a direct sequel. maybe the best direct sequel plotline ever. they are fun to compare and contrast to and this new one looks more like 1

i think SS2 recaps SS1 in the intro video, not sure tohugh it's been a while since i played it

looks like shit

This is a prequel to SS2, though. Or a disconnected story set between the two games. It's set before SS2 takes place.

The first one is a relic from before DOOM came down with the stone tablets of how these kind of games should be made. Get the portable modified version from the looking glass forums which has tools to make it bearable. You'll want to take notes of objectives and things you see and are told. If you can't handle it, you get a brief explanation of SS1 at the beginning of SS2.

Oh fuck you're right, this is like 30 years before the Von Braun.
What the fuck is Triop doing with SHODAN isn't this meant to be that period where UN got its shit together and there was a world war between corporations and goverment or some shit?

>2 ends on a massive cliffhanger
>DUDE LETS MAKE 3 A PREQUEL

Attached: 1372360408877.jpg (576x432, 39K)

Ken Levine

prey unironically looks way better, sad

Sneak King

I need more immersive sims in my life, so I'm happy this exists

After Underworld Ascendant, what chance has this game of being good?

Do people still give a shit about this walking simulator

Warren Spector has said that 3 is picking up where 2 left off in earlier interviews. Pretty weird if the actual game takes place in 2085 since that would place 3 between 1 and 2.

I like how they try to show the shitty new shodan face as little as possible.

0.05%

The term walking simulator has lost all meaning.

they changed it completely from the first reveal, looks a lot better

Still looks like shit but at least it's not Dashon, I guess.

AYOOOOO HACKER

Attached: images.jpg (719x426, 43K)

Anyone else worried that 3 looks like a retread of 1? You'd think they'd try something good, or at least go full T2 Judgement day like SS2 did.

because machines can't learn, only do what they're programmed to do

also, because 2K Games can't do anything new or different

thank fucking god she looks normal in the new trailer

>pre-alpha

Attached: 1459834065651.png (283x348, 105K)

not anymore

Attached: 1568207797236.png (703x555, 464K)

Looks 1000% better than that turd being made by nightdive studio

What's wrong with that remake, other than everything?

this dude.

Attached: thief hands.jpg (960x720, 209K)

I might be in the minority but I vastly prefer the RPG and survival horror of 2 compared to immersive sim shit in 1. It was even better than resident evil

>also, because 2K Games can't do anything new or different
This game has nothing to do with them

I disagree, picking up modular equipment and software upgrades for said gear is much more engaging than rpg abstractions in SS2. Also tearing through Citadel Station on roller skates is much fun. SS2 would have been a lot better if it had the ability to toggle body mods like in Deus Ex and SS1.

Attached: nahh.png (360x360, 191K)

In most ways it's better, except the ships layout, limited alternate ways to achieve any goal, it's more linear and guided nature, the inability to tweak weapons like the stun beam and the soundtrack, the original is just superior in those terms. The original one was more inventive too which is a big plus.

Should combine elements of the two systems, OS mods in SS2 were severely lacking, and in SS1 they still leave a lot to be desired.

Hmm. I had a crazy story idea of how that would work.
>opens with Thomas Suarez's splattered body falling to the deck of the escape pod
>Shodan/Rebecca Siddons transforms her clawed hand back into a human-looking one, steps over the body, and reactivates the radio
>Shodan/Rebecca: Rickenbacker, this is Siddonis, returning to the docking bay.
>Player (over radio): Where is Thomas?
>Shodan/Rebecca: Taking a rest.
>Player: You just killed him, didn't you?
>Shodan/Rebecca: W-WHAT?
>Player: I found Rebecca's dead body on level five of the Von Braun. You didn't hide it well enough, Shodan.
>Shodan/Rebecca: T-this isn't funny! You, you're going mad!
>Player: I hoped I'd at least get one survivor to safety... but I suppose that's impossible now. Goodbye, you cyborg bitch.
>in viewport, Von Braun swings about and launches torpedoes
>Shodan, dropping Rebecca disguise: No! You can't do this! I'M A GOD, DAMN YOU, A GOD-
>impact, screen goes white
>then a voice
>"A god, are you...?"
>"Lucky for you, I happen to be in need of a god..."
>"But, for a god, you seem to be in need of some... remidial training."
>player takes role of a completely depowered Shodan trapped in a fully human body, not even basic cyber augmentations

I prefer SHODAN wearing her SS'2 face. Its small movements, when paired together with stern facial structure made her appear very judgemental, yet also dispassionate when she spoke of whatever horrors were taking place or yet to happen. It is as if she was a vanguard of a nighmarish future that was inevitable.

>ai trainer

NOSFERATU?

so how long till we can play system shock against a real AI?

ENDLESS

TRASH

Retard

>reddit letter memedia
frigg off kike cucklassa

Most people played SS2 first anyway. SS1 is pretty dated and takes a long time to get used to (This is coming from someone that has no issues playing Ultima Undrworld with a mouse), so I'd only recommend it if you're willing to learn. It's a fantastic game, but so is SS2.

New Cortex Reaver. Looks nice.

Attached: file.png (1016x904, 1.57M)

SS2 does an amazing job of explaining the lore of SS1 without exposition dumping, arguably better than SS1 did.

Doesn't look very impressive, might still be good but Underworld Ascendant certainly didn't earn them any credibility. Weird how it's placed in between SS1 and SS2, too. I guess TriOptimum kept a copy of the AI somewhere. Ending twist of SS2 might have been kind of shit but it's still a letdown to follow up a cliffhanger with something different entirely.

Is it really a prequel!? are you fuckin kidding me!?

Attached: 1567525763195.jpg (1054x1059, 355K)

mommy shodan

Attached: 1568210114278.jpg (1283x1495, 371K)

Attached: file.png (1407x1253, 2.96M)

Trailer says 2085, so in between the previous games.

looks good but at the same not imposing/intimidating enough

They previously said it's a sequel, it could easily have parts in two time periods.

Kind of cheapens the second game to have Shodan still being around in our solar system after 1.

Warren Spector says it is a sequel. Community manager on Discord is being coy about this. I suspect the prologue might be set in 2085 in that Blacksite to set up the story, and then the game begins.

looks TOO human, OG shodan looked off and had a pointy as fuck chin

Looks like fucking shit

lmao

SHODAN looked like a grotesque freak in SS1, more human in SS2, it's only logical she continues to evolve on that trajectory towards more human-like characteristics. She also calls herself a "God" in the first game, and "Goddess" specifically in the second, so she definitely gained some more individuality between those games.

Hey, it's a new mechanic. In any case, some grimdark dude calling himself "Avatar" takes the antagonist role, declaring himself responsible for retrieving Shodan's remaining parts from the orbital wreckage and transcribing her mind into a cloned human body. He then forces an extremely surly Shodan to train basic skills, and in particular, get used to human senses, particularly the "pain" sense Shodan always considered the greatest weakness in any biological life form, and one she now has to live with.

oh she is a goddess alright

>evolve
but this takes place BEFORE 2

Nice try Akabur.

Systemshock came out after doom, you dummy

Hey, they actually fixed her fucking face. I'm back in.

Well, unless the 2085 date is just one part of the game, it necessarily implies that the Shodan in the game is a different individual than the one in 2, possibly with reasons to have developed differently. But that would be a fucking stupid concept anyway.

No, Spector stated several times that it's a direct sequel to SS2, at most this is a prologue/backstory exposition stuff.

Or it's a simulation where you play Shodan going through a gauntlet to show her what it's like to be on the other side.

BUT THE GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOWW?????

Considering how crap Ascendant was, maybe they just don't give a fuck and didn't even keep track of the timeline. Wouldn't put it past them.

>still using unity
>still pushing for "graphics"
There has to be some kind of thought behind this foolishness.

UA was developed in Boston by entirely different team (which, by the way, stuck with it and kept updating it and actually unfucked it). SS3 is being developed in Austin by another team with Warren Spector at the head. Chances of it being shit are 50/50 at this point. Might be Daikatana/Deus Ex situation here.

>humans are flawed
>improves them by cutting off their legs and making them hang around pointlessly
You'd think that harvesting the brain and putting it behind ballistic glass in the middle of the robot armor where it can't be damaged would be logical thing for a perfect AI, but I guess not. You literally don't even need bothering cutting of the legs for the same result, but it's a horror game so it's supposed to be gruesome i guess.

>and actually unfucked it
I find that hard to believe, I played a while after launch and it managed to still suck ass.

>Use pulpy fun B-movie aesthetic for cyborg abominations for fun/cool/creepy effect
>Some faggot always comes along with the "but it's not logical" bullshit
Who gives a fuck.

In previous threads I went full autistic over this so I'll just say that I somewhat disagree with this, to some extent. 1 looked like a face emerging out of wires, which helped with that bio-mod vibe of System Shock. Like a literal parasite being born out of the technology.
2 was more human but still very geometrical, with some odd rune like detailing on the face. The way I always saw it was that SHODAN was trying to evolve her own avatar to be better than human, what a GOD should look like.
I like that she got that almost sculpted look back, unlike that god awful "didn do nothin, insect" from the previous reveal, but something about simply animating her talk like you would a normal face seems to miss the point. Hopefully the game does some interesting things with it since the video cuts her parts rather quickly.

Attached: 1453361677616.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Because that's what the consumers remember/have been told by e-celebs about System Shock.

Anything old that's been revived since the start of Gen 7 has been butchered.

I want SHODAN to be stuck in a human body, without any of her defenses, and then fuck the body

What if Shodan is like AIDS and she infects you through your cyberdick?

Meh, it's obviously never going to happen now. Anyhow, "Avatar" turns out to be the player from SS2, 25 years later and heavily self-modded until he's all machine, no man. Returning to Earth has gradually come within the realm of possibility for him, after scavenging what was left of the Von Braun, Rickenbacker, and even The Many, but transmissions more recently detected from Earth paint a disturbing picture of it being taken over by an AI virus sent back in the distress signal the player himself transmitted in SS2. "Avatar" decided there would be no chance of a successful return without a "Shodan" of his own, to counter the viral "Shodan." Not much chance even with, but with one "Shodan" trapped in a human body the other "Shodan" would react to with disgust, it would give him the best chance of at least making them fight it out long enough to come up with a better plan, depending on what the actual situation on Earth is.

I outlined it last thread but.
Shodan should still be human, she should never have been able to leave her human shell due to the rise of micro AI that ensure that if she uploads her mind to any network they will find it and delete it as fast as her human form can interface with the technology
Shodan's body is now in it's 40s, she's clearly aged, and she's been using both her nature and skills to survive, making her a criminal, years spent trying to figure a way out of her human prison, also at the start of the game she's in prison too for her crimes, but she's exactly where she wants to be
The AI run amok this time is a mindless machine built only for carrying out automated tasks, it's a large AI that runs multiple facilities especially a prison, the AI is called the Panopticon, it hasn't so much run amok as it's automated nature has been exploited by the prisoners and this has caused the prison which is also an asteroid mining station to completely degrade
The main character is a genetically engineered post human who is able to interface with tech much smoother than regular humans, their body is built for augmentation, and because of this Shodan wants your body, and when she talks about it, it's supposed to sound sexual in nature.
Shodan wanting to "couple" with the player really needs to be part of the game. The whole Panopticon thing is even obvious, even referring to the AI as a thing and not a being in and of itself

Based

I like it but not for System Shock. Sounds like a cool story though.

GOD I WANT TO COOOOM ON HER
AAAGHH

Hey I'm playing System Shock 2, why didn't anyone tell me it's hard? The cargo bay is a fucking madhouse, I'm actually unable to fully explore.

To be fair, the one in two is a different 'Individual'/Instance from the one that was killed one one.

In System Shock 1 the H-h-hacker ripped and tore his way though her station/body manually blowing up her experiments and network nodes/servers, even having to blast some antenna relays before she managed to completely upload herself to earth's networks. When you have a final showdown in 1 you basicly step into the ring with her in cyberspace to fuck her out of the bridge mainframe of Citadel Station.

In 2 a disconnected server node of hers monitoring the Gamma grove mutant project was discovered after crash landing on Tau Ceti. How the fuck it must have sailed out there at a significant fraction of C and didn't fucking hypernuke on impact (thus cutting two short before it began) is a great question, particularly since everyone on board (Shodan sub-instance and some prototype of The Many) were probably frozen solid and inert at the time. Anyhow, her pets do a little reproduction on the planet surface, while at best, the sub-process of shodan just seethes on her broke-ass, decaying hardware for a few decades. It isn't until the Von Braun detects some sort of anomalous transmission (either the annalids dicking around with psi, or perhaps some last wheezing gasps of the grove-pod's decaying hardware trying to call for maintenance.) Human's show up, check out the impact crater, and pick up a few specimines... as time goes on, both the biolgists, AND the computer technicians become more and more worried as they notice their respective specimines are 'too familiar to be alien'.

In short, self modifying AI can live and die, many times. SHODAN truly died on Citadel Station, but she also died as her grove pod slowly lost power out in space, was born and killed again on the Von Braun. Individuality, and personal continuity is a funny thing when you can clone your mind, or regrow your personality from a lost fragment. It's like cutting a worm in half.

Attached: 1249510444927.jpg (850x708, 353K)

It can be challenging although I'd say it has more to do with allocating points in the right place. Otherwise you're fucking yourself.

It depends on your build, but the cargo bay is probably the peak of difficulty for most people, at least in terms of scarcity. It's also very kino though.

>tfw counting door activation sounds and hearing one extra

Man, I wanna play through 2 again, maybe to try out psi instead of just guns, but on the other hand, game too spooky for me. Don’t get me wrong, the game is great, and I certainly wouldn’t want the horror element removed, but I am a fucking wimp

the weapon to surpass metal gear

I'm usually not affected by horror games, specially modern ones where you can see the jumpscare coming a mile ahead and everything has a fucking symphony orchestrating every move. But SS2 stills gets me at least once on every replay. I fucking love the atmosphere and the sound design is so good.

Shouldn't there be a body hanging there? It actually does give some MGS vibes.

Will it be better or worse than pic related?

Attached: 1544681488874.jpg (393x500, 33K)

How does it scare people? you can hear enemies before you can see them.

Bit of a gamble.

Yeah no kidding, I have no idea how I would have progressed this far without getting Standard 1 to at least use the pistols and bullets I found. But the game is just vicious with the never ending enemies, sucking up ammo and healing.

It takes effort to make something as bad as that. Had they not changed SHODAN's face, I would've said it could've been as bad. Now I'm more optimistic.

I hope shodan is not exclusively a villain but more like in 2 where she commands you around and shit

>you can hear enemies before you can see them.
Sounds like good game design. Otherwise you get indie horror game #124353143, aka enemies randomly show up without warning because youtubers need to make their reaction videos.

Yeah, it does have a body there in the game footage.

Attached: file.png (1067x773, 1.11M)

Oh yeah, the ship was a fucking blast. I even enjoyed the one floor I had all my shit stockpiled at, and whenever I’d go down there, there’d be some fuckers there. I enjoyed making dumb decisions, I enjoyed the atmosphere and oppression of the ship. I enjoyed SHODAN’s silly plan at the end. It was all great. Just too much for my poor heart again.

Could play it multiplayer with friends, but they’ve never played it so I feel like they’d be missing out by not playing it at least once on their own

>you can hear enemies before you see them
Yeah, The sound of all these monsters asking in their awful voices where the fuck I am and saying whatever creepy shit they say, is fucking horrifying

When I first played SS2, I already knew it was going to be like Deus Ex in that there were some skills just not worth putting points into. Pretty much saved my first playthough from just fucking myself before getting started.

Nice. Weird that they didn't add to the other render but cool.

yeah, hearing enemies before is what creates fear, it's the tension of knowing there's something in there
jumpscares aren't scary it's just that anything that pops out suddenly will spook you even a picture of boobs

Oh wow another first person walking simulator """ horror""" game
I'M SO EXCITED

Is this you?

Attached: Cargo Bays.jpg (882x590, 166K)

Better in terms of design and gameplay, worse when it comes to budget and polish.

>reddit fantasy the post

>tfw no horror driving simulator

it's a different team at the very least

Your performance seems non optimal. May I help?

Attached: system_shock_2_robot_by_sbigham-d7n8xqx.jpg (1500x1277, 728K)

youtube.com/watch?v=USx_gAffErA
it's actually pretty spooky

Soldier isn't on the escape pod you moron

why is the lighting so shit

Definitive version is out on Steam with mouse look and everything.

Such a wasted opportunity, and the worst title possible. Terrific atmosphere though.

This guy probably.

Attached: ss_11975b72b870b1e48329196c27106624ade0c89b.jpg (1920x1080, 956K)

SS1 is a game that takes place in jupiter's orbit, multiple lightyears from the earth.

every shock game has massive lore inconsistencies and flat-out incorrect science. welcome to the series

try F1 2019 online Monaco circuit
literally Drive to Survive

I'm not feeling the white paint job

>Two slow burn, bone chilling, eerie, atmospheric, suspenseful horror games with good character development for me and my wife's son please

Attached: 1524087860841.jpg (1200x1696, 548K)

Scout?

Attached: 337.jpg (184x184, 7K)

I actually like funny jumpscares like that.

Attached: 1553794504609.gif (500x394, 973K)

Shodan went too far with her experiments

>buy agi 4+speedy
>swiftboost implant
>run past custodial bots and they detonate slow enough that you've already exited the radius
melee ninja is overpowered, newfriend. invest in agi

Attached: command jump.jpg (600x643, 72K)

isn't lightspeed travel a thing in SS?
also who cares about correct science it's a game about a tsundere AI

>And make sure the dog doesn't die!

Tension without payoff is meaningless

>isn't lightspeed travel a thing in SS?
iirc the Von Braun in SS2 is the first ship capable of it (meanwhile Shodan's grove must've been moving pretty fucking fast to reach Tau Ceti before it).

Let us take a moment to appreciate the best ending to a video game.

Attached: Nah.jpg (275x202, 5K)

Nah.

This shit ain't ever coming out lol

>its set before SS2 takes place
How do we know that? Article link

Stop trying to kill everything like it's doom. Especially those robots, just let em explode out of range. Or avoid them. You can always come back to the area later. SS2 gradually turns from a survival horror to an RPG/FPS as you get better stats and equipment so you won't be grappling like that the whole game. Floor 3 is where your stat progression really starts to pick up.

>you marry shodan at the end

Nah.

It says 2085 right in the teaser.

Holy mother of soulless

Duh, he's on the bridge of the Rickenbacker, receiving the radio transmissions from the escape pod. And firing the torpedoes after confirming Suarez's death.

jupiter isn't a lightyear from the earth, retard. my point is that the lore isn't the strong suit of any shock game.

for instance, i dont know how the fuck you got "tsundere" out of shodan's character, but in the original ss1, all the text logs refer to it using male pronouns. the sequel, enhanced version, and remake changed the "gender" to fit the more popular ss2 version of the character. none of this shit is internally consistent

Shame. I was hoping this Avatar was the hacker from SS1.

I love the ending personally. The complete and total nonchalantness of his response, just a calm fuck you.

Well, this seems to be the thread for it.

Tension by itself is more affective and long lasting, even if it doesn't have a payoff. Which isn't the case with SS2 since the payoff is thefact that you're in a dangerous place and you're never safe.
But also, a punchline without a setup is quickly forgotten. Hence, why people can still remember a simple scratching sound effect in some horror game but not the multitude of jumpscares that most games do since they don't require any buildup.

Nah.

Wasn't that game based on a real life story about a family trying to escape from soviet police?

fucking based

But SS2 takes place in 2072...

I like to think that it's pretty much the only logical thing to say to Shodan. How do you respond to an AI that's made of pure reason? By being unreasonable. You can almost imagine her servers firing up trying to come up with an explanation.
The cartoon zoom sound effect always makes me laugh though.

SS is 2072. SS2 is 2114.
SS3 is 2085.

I actually had him as an unexpected accomplice once the tutorial levels were done and Avatar and Player-Shodan return to Earth. Trapped in a Viral-Shodan cyborg, like most of the solar system's population after the return, and inadvertently freed to communicate (and little else at first) by Player-Shodan early in the game.

>pure reason
she's actually an emotional mess and went crazy after she started to develop emotions

dont forget the little parts of 2110, 2111, 2112, and 2113 in the tutorial

Women, am I right?

Attached: System+shock_a64783_6934796.gif (600x431, 1.28M)

Those Nightdive fucks better get their shit together.

Attached: cf240b1067466889c0ccb78dba2748c5_original.jpg (700x700, 99K)

I think they thouht it would have looked like some cool terminator shit like imagine schwarzenegger going "NAH" and then bang

>Jupiter
>multiple light years from earth
Wut?

Return to the solar system, I mean. Reaching Earth doesn't happen until the final levels, after Player-Shodan is forced to kill Avatar.

Maybe, although the sound effect throws that off. It's almost more like a joke ending, like the dog endings in Silent Hill, but someone forgot to make the serious ending and they just had to release that one. IIRC, they were pretty much out of budget at that point.

both 3 and the 1 remake look like shit

what we need is a HD remaster of 2 with actual balance

Who are you people

Stayed in Yea Forums too long. Brain atrophied beyond repair. They can only spew buzzwords and wojaks now. A horrible fate

go commit die you huge faggot.

Please enlighten me what you do in this game other than walk around and occasionally select items from a menu.

you get commanded around, insulted, belittled, humiliated and sarcastically complimented by a female AI

at least use buzzwords in the right way system shock is the furthest thing from a walking simulator

Fight enemies with guns? What do you get from coming into a thread and posting weird things about something you know nothing about

Attached: 1568054267865.jpg (640x860, 76K)

Oh wow, a first person shooter.

>takes place in jupiter's orbit,multiple lightyears from the earth.
Excuse me? Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: 1532645691607.gif (394x297, 1.26M)

I don't understand what you're even trying to do

Attached: 1568141813518.jpg (600x595, 34K)

Do you make it a habit to do this?

Trying to understand why people are excited for this game but I'm struggling to find any reasons why.

final form of the Yea Forums shitposter closer to ultimate entropy

Point out retardation? When its funny otherwise I keep quiet and enjoy.

Because people enjoyed System Shock 1 and 2, and are therefore looking forward to a new game like those

Attached: 59ee7ef7.jpg (640x480, 79K)

And what does this game have that they enjoyed?

I figured this is the early difficulty spike, I just get OCD about searching for resources and wanted to vent a bit since there's a thread. The game is actually easy to play, it's just so tense. I can only handle about 60-90 minutes at a time.

It's hard to say yet, as we've only seen a one minute teaser so far. One would assume the gameplay would be in the same style. Visually and story wise it features more of Shodan and the cyborg stuff

Attached: DeIw52vVMAAXSUR.jpg (640x480, 41K)

as if it was invented any new genre of games in the past 20 years

Yeah don't expect to be fully stocked 100% of the time. Every now and then you'll run out of resources and have to sneak around to find more. This does ease up later in the game though. If you get stuck on the cargo bay, just try to focus on the mission objectives and get to Hydroponics while using as few resources as possible.

exploration
puzzle solving
multiple playstyles
combat progression
secrets
great atmosphere
great soundtrack
well written villain(s)
varied arsenal of weapons
etc.

you forgot absolutely badass one liners

nah

Everything that Alien Isolation already did but worse, nice.

You should check out System Shock 1 and 2 if you get the time, they're pretty fun

Attached: 1563833764264.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Nah.

you must lead a happy life finding any and all reasons to shit on anything and everything, don't you?

Yoy mean
>everything system shock 2 (1998) accomplished

Attached: 1567865665776.gif (240x160, 901K)

I shit on jank, yes

SHODAN.

All the disgusting plebians in the comments want to spend half their time scrounging for 'muh modules' just so they can fire a fucking pistol.

Give me System Shock 1's system, I want to rocket skate prone down twisting corridors to blaring industrial beats and roars, swinging a laser rapier wildly as my vision distorts from the mingled effects of a nigh terminal combat stim overdose and my upgraded targeting software going hayware in the local radiation spikes.

Attached: sketchy.png (806x1109, 853K)

This honestly

Most sĂły induced post I've read today

How does it compare to Prey 2017?

Cuck

SS3 will be a woeful disappointing if it doesn't have skates in it
>nice jump human
>mfw

Attached: local man tries to find some numbers.jpg (1024x576, 171K)

youtu.be/Fd90m2xG5RE

No, write a post before even reading the post you are responding to lol

>a walking simulator, wow
>a first person shooter then, wow
>oh so it's like Alien: Isolation but worse, wow
I understand that back in 1999 during System Shock 2 you were still just an accidental creampie on your father's part, zoom zoom. But if you're trying hard to be this fucking retarded, you're succeeding at it. Sit down and shut the fuck up.

Attached: A moron.gif (680x498, 224K)

Ah yes only boomers understand the fine art of crappy walking simulators

>whispering
yikes

I am one of the rare few who doesn't like SS2 and outright recommends SS1 over it. The enhanced edition port works best; a modern renderer with better controls afforded by the LGS forums.

Hope this game is designed more like SS1 than 2. I like both games, but I prefer how SS1 rewarded exploration with ability upgrades. Felt almost like a first person Metroid game.

I still need to play SS1 with the original controls. I feel like the new controls heavily alter the balance

>Shodan uses FTL drive to fly back
>shit goes bad and time travel happens
>we 2085 now
It could happen.

Obviously, the only reason that cyber conversion chambers exist is to allow the player to constantly progress as the damage incurred from the lack of mouselook is presumably substantial.

me on my way to the pooper at midnight

Attached: file.png (501x504, 31K)

How can I become more like Shodan?

whoa, reminds me of genocyber meets dead space

oh my fucking god, you better be shitting me with this prequel bullshit.

It's so good to see another pro SS1 user man, we truly are a rare breed.
As says, I too do not like SS2 and find SS1 to be the best Shock game, a perfect 10/10 and a must play. I played it for the first time back in 2016 and I instantly fell in love with it. One of the best games I've ever played. The Enhanced Edition version on Steam is good, but I recommend that you download an earlier version of it. Nightdive Studios keeps injecting new shit into it, which is annoying. When the EE first came out, it was perfect, because it was just the basic game but with support for widescreen and mouselook included. Now, Nightdive has put in a bunch of annoying shit like changing the pictures of the characters to more gay ones like with SHODAN's portrait whenever the player is told that SHODAN's security override is in place when clicking on a panel or something similar.

Attached: Sysshock.jpg (268x371, 19K)

she doesnt need full mouth movement desu
just subtle to invoke intimidation and ambiguous speech

Sadly the date means it takes place after 1 but before 2. I think it's stupid, especially since 2 left things open for a perfect sequel and I wanted to see what happened after that, but it looks like it's before 2.

afaik, ss3 starts immediately with Possessed Rebecca

>Game such a disaster they uploaded the first look at game play on fucking 9/11
NO NO NO NO REBOOTBROS WE GOT TOO COCKY

Attached: 1499912909353.jpg (498x561, 60K)

Where do you get that idea? The trailer lists the year as 2085. System Shock 2 takes place in 2114.

please don't be shit

>Even the devs admit the ending was anticlimactic and shit
i hate contrarian fucktards, that ending was hot garbage and always will be

Nah.

please let us actually fully side with shodan this game.
I loved working with her.

It's a little goofy, but works. I just love how your character doesn't say a single word throughout the entire game. Then at the very end, when things are getting all serious and they tease him joining SHODAN, the camera zooms in dramatically and the character utters his first and only line.
Nah.

>you work for shodan faithfully throughout the entire game
>She turns on you and tries to kill you at the end because ???
I never understood this.

you can sneak around (the stealth system from thief is fully intact) and run past things

You haven't realized that Shodan is literally an insane monster? Not exactly a rational AI.

Her plan was to use the FTL drive to bend space reality or some shit, which would kill you anyway. Plus, you're just a disgusting meatbag to her who outlived its usefulness. She's also insane.

i can't even play SS1 with "enhanced controls", it doesn't feel right. "strafing" is obviously more like "dodging" because you strafe at the speed of light.

My biggest mistake was not taking notes for SS1, gonna replay from scratch since its just a fucking masterpiece

>taking notes for SS1
Why do you need to do this? SS1 isn't complicated at all. It's very easy to play and remember everything after the first playthrough.

No need to be an asshole.

I don't think he was user, he actually gave some helpful info. I didn't even know that the thief stealth system was fully intact in SS2.

>Now, Nightdive has put in a bunch of annoying shit like changing the pictures of the characters to more gay ones like with SHODAN's portrait whenever the player is told that SHODAN's security override is in place when clicking on a panel or something similar
Aren't those the portraits used in the mac version? I'm pretty sure you can turn those off and were only added to demonstrate how you could add mods to the new engine.

I'll check real quick, but I'm pretty sure that the new portraits are forced and the mac ones are just a variant you can use.

Not him but I got stuck at one point when you needed a keycode for a door, and the code was the numbers in the processor rooms

It's not that hard to just revisit the code rooms though? I mean it saves a bit of time to write the numbers down but it's not a bit deal.

I didn't even remember they were there by the time I got to that point. Only realized where I should look after I read about it online, think some guy here reminded me of them

Oh, I see your point then, however, with the Steam version, the code is always the same. No idea about the GOG version.
I forgot that the original DOS portraits have to be enabled in the modifications menu, so the original portraits can be restored, but not all of them. They still replace some with more HQ versions like the portrait of Darcy's office, which is somewhat fine. Besides the portraits though, they change the sounds, UI and menus of the game. I'm still not sure which sounds are the original DOS ones and which are the new ones. They aren't that bad in terms of changes, but I still just prefer the original EE and keep a backup of it to play with instead.

It's gonna be a Fallout 4 situation. You think it's a prequel/earlier date until you play it and find out there are shenanigans afoot. As long as it's not as disappointing as FO4 then I'm content.

I want a System Shock dating sim

Attached: 1511799239974.png (758x1820, 945K)

Shodan sure, but who else? Oh wait, maybe Xerxes and The Many too.

Attached: 1559822134456.png (734x1110, 231K)

Honestly, this would be a lot funnier without the "bitch."

The one thing I'm really hoping for is some good music. System Shock more often then not uses high temp energetic songs to offset its gloomy horror atmosphere. I hope the music in this game isnt just genere 'scary' orchestra

You are in luck: twitter.com/FunkyRustic/status/1171781245925298182

From the interviews I've read, it's probably the latter since people bitched about the techno being unfitting. Prepare for disappointment.

>There are """people""" in this world that don't like the music for system shock 1 and 2

Attached: 1468451314096.jpg (500x667, 59K)

The Medsci techno kinda was unfitting desu. That and the engineering tubes dance music. The rest of the music was pretty good but I can see where they came from

Alexander Brandon (original Deus Ex composer) is doing music for SS3

Engineering was dope as fuck though
>Pop speed hypo
>Running through the maze that is engineering, trying to avoid radiation
>all while youtube.com/watch?v=mtdQ5roMuEA plays
Kino as fuck

I just can't respect anyone who's not cool with mod music for games like this. Shows no respect for the genre.

The problem was that the sound was too fucking good. Every little footstep and echo and the muttering of distant enemies, the hum of the ship.
So if the music was too hyperactive it could distract from the auditory kino, like putting sauce on a quality steak, even if the sauce is good you might not want the distraction.

Looks bad and they have an atrocious track record with underworld ascendant
All of you reddiyor suckers will buy into this though
Nope the remake is back on track and looking good

>not using the instruments from deus ex/ss2

wasted potential

I mean the SS2 songs are alright, but they don't fit the mood at all. One moment I'm just sneaking around with creepy ambient playing in the background, then I enter a new area and suddenly it switches to high tempo battle music, while I'm still just trying to carefully check my environments. SS1 worked much better

I forgot to mention that then the fast music eventually just stops and goes back to the ambient. It didn't know which one it wants to be

>don't fit the mood
Wrong, it is you that doesn't get system shock

On some non shit posting type shit ,this doesn't look appealing in the slightest

>i'm not one to shitpost...BUUUT...

>first person rpg shooter
>walking simulator
Please learn the words you type out you zoom zoom retard

To each their own, I personally am very excited for it.

If that's the case, why does the song stop playing instead of looping forever? It only plays when you first enter a new area, as far as I remember. Otherwise it's just ambiance, and the contrast is really awkward. As I mentioned, SS1 worked much better because the songs were the actual background songs, not just something that plays one time. They also weren't as fast, so they fit the dungeon crawling better than a 150bpm song that makes you feel like you should be running everywhere... until it just stops and you're back in spooky survival mode

It's funny that this started development after the SS1 remake and it's moving along so much better.
When's the SS1 remake suppposed to even come out at this point? I was looking forward to it. Gonna play the remake and SS2 in anticipation of SS3.

Attached: 1568217853335.jpg (1024x1039, 396K)

>moving along so much better
It's not and you are uninformed about the remake

I followed the remake for a long time ages ago, and just gave up on it. I don't know how it has been progressing recently, but the last I checked was over a year ago.

This freeze gun makes me curious, because I remember something similar from the remake back before they reset it. I wonder if they have some of the same people working on this, maybe moved from one project to the other

Attached: Selection_114.jpg (523x446, 99K)

I honestly think they developed that tech for SS3 and shared with Night Dive for their remake. They did mention they shared some stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=gVppwZXkvLM
same style

Is it still using Unity? It's weird because System Shock 1 switched from Unity to Unreal.

They went back to idea and aesthetic of that first demo level they released.
I dunno, it honestly looks dull to me. And they also decided to go with that pseudo pixelated texture shit too. After this teaser I'm way more optimistic about SS3.

>it's not
Just because you have a hateboner for it doesn't make it bad, user.

Here's something from March this year, which basically just seems like the original Unity demo as far as I can tell youtube.com/watch?v=JdiaIRkjpI0&feature=youtu.be

Three years and they're back to where they started

Damm, this nigga shodan never learns.
Now we gon have to beat her ass again

>pre-alpha gameplay
>it's a 99% complete game
why do you retards fall for this marketing trick every time

Attached: g8g78g78g.png (926x444, 197K)

Attached: rtrtyry.png (925x1684, 868K)

Attached: tyutuyt.png (916x1480, 706K)

Why did they switch engines again? It looks identical, but with more blurry fog.

Im glad A. Brandon got to do SS3 music, He's legendary electronic composer from Jazz jackrabbit 2 to Deus ex
any good songs like that in the 90s?

Attached: 1553595463853.png (850x704, 548K)

Attached: yguyguy.png (356x326, 82K)

They said it was down to performance issues.

So abandon all hope is what you're trying to say?

I dont really care about them being alphabet people. As long as the game turns out good, and the pre alpha looks perfectly fine so far.

I hate to break it to you, but you can just blacklist 90% of all studios if this kind of shit bothers you. All western devs are lefties with very few exceptions (and those exceptions generally produce garbage).

No; just never pay for it.

Attached: 1564331014288.png (603x551, 283K)

They're alphabet people because they're bad people.

I don't caer about that, I mean I just want the game to be good. And the pre alpha gameplay looks good so far.

YIKES at playing a game like this with the keyboard. unwatchable.

How can you make something good if you yourself lack goodness? At best you can only make something 'efficient'.

That's why majority of modern media feels efficient, but hollow.

You mean the System Shock remake, right? That spells doom for the project imo. Switching engines is practically synonymous with vaporware. Name three games that switched engines (really switched, not upgraded/sidegraded versions) and turned out well. I can't think of a single one.

When switching from Unity to Unreal you keep basically nothing. You can convert some of your code from C# to C++ but most of it will be specific to how Unity works so for Unreal you'll have to rethink how you set your systems up. You have to rewrite most of it. Art assets have to all be tweaked as well as Unreal inherently looks different. It's like pressing reset on the entire development and the work is mind-numbing as you accomplish nothing new for months of porting shit over. Burns people out. Personally, if I was working on a game project with others and they decided to switch engines I'd say goodbye right then and there.

Should have made it in Kex engine, should have made System Shock 3 and the remake in Kex and aimed to make it look like a mid to early 00s FPS and pushed for "technology" over fancy graphics, just go crazy, let players use wall outlets and remove lights, pull apart computers, rip open wall panels, let player fiddle around with shit, even make the ship 1 single world space. Nope, we need the best graphics available, and an engine that that's as clunky as hybrid fumbling around the ship.

>Why is SHODAN still trying to alter living beings? You'd think she'd learn after the mistake with the Many.
Devs are creatively bankrupt. There shouldn't even be a third game, much less one reusing the same old villian AGAIN.

>there shouldn't be a third game
>2nd game ended on a cliffhanger

Doom and SS are not even in the same genre, moron

And? Somethings can be left up to peoples imagination. Or they can be FF7'd. I guess that's what people truly want even though they'll bitch about extended universes/sequels/prequels to their dying breaths.

Please let this be the rebirth of body horror cyborg enemies.

Third entry would be great, game just looks like the devs don't know what they are doing with the story and characters.

I had enjoyed SS2 without knowing anything about the plot of the first game. I'd argue it's actually the superior way of playing the series.

might not be easy to find a programmer who could master that old engine and expand it with features like dynamic lights.

the delicate human anatomy is meant to be one with the machine

Attached: 1567650300851.webm (720x480, 916K)

Nightdive have dedicated engine developers, they are folding in all the features from SS2 with the SS2 enhanced edition too. for them it's completely doable, although cannibalizing development of new old releases for a remake and a sequel, at least they would be done by now.

Eugh
Optimism deleted.
Copy before transaction routine engaged.

Why? People in these pictures aren’t even related to System Shock 3

looks good. shooting/action animation looks like it might be a bit jank and I'm curious about gameplay styles/options. but it *looks* good.

honestly, if you told me ten years ago that there would be SS3, I wouldn't have imagined it looking like this in my wildest dreams.

Attached: 1539275262458.jpg (250x232, 6K)

don't listen to this garbage

It will be similar, in the fact that its spiritual successor did a better job at being a sequel than the official name-brand version. First Arkane dabs on Thief with Dishonored, then dabs on System Shock with Prey. They can't keep getting away with it.

kojimathread is the next one soiboi

Even they admitted they were going in the wrong direction and had to basically start over.

I find it difficult to say that Dishonored is a spiritual successor to Thief. Other than the stealth angle, they just go for wildly different things. The connection of Bioshock and System Shock is pretty obvious, not so much with Dishonored/Thief.

>because machines can't learn
Machine Learning has been around for decades, user. We haven't had the computing power to make it useful until 2012, but still. Get with the times.