Made my first "gaming" PC recently

>made my first "gaming" PC recently
>can play pretty much every modern game
>started pirating as many games as I could
>stopped playing each game after an hour and a half at most, sometimes a few minutes
And I can't think of any games I actually want to play now, certainly none that I'm excited to even try. The thing is I would be perfectly willing to pay for games, especially if their discounted, but I want to try them first, and I'm enjoying none of them.

Attached: file.png (238x250, 61K)

Oh, I meant to ask if there was a solution to this.

Play The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

It's the one game I play when I feel that way, and it's not a personal thing. Trust me.

No game after 2013 was good anyway. Just try older games.

Play majesty and stronghold

Thanks for the suggestions, but these games don't appeal to me at all.

that happens whenever a decent amount of games is available to you. Take some time and only play one that you really like.

>only play one that you really like.
Well, the problem is that it's hard to find. Of the games I tried, I enjoyed Doom the most, but after a while, it got a little samey.

>modern game
There's your problem. Most modern games are shit.

I'm not telling you to play a game. I'm telling you to play The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa.
I fucking know that feeling, and that's the only thing that cured me of it.

I play classic wow, you should give that a shot.

I'm telling you to trust me you fucking frogposter.

Well, out of curiosity, how long should I play this game before I determine whether it will have the same effect on me that it's had on you?

sneed

TAX COLLECTOR!
I'm just a gnome....

What a based game.

Same thing happened to me. I built a decent PC after having shitty laptops my whole life and as soon as I got over the novelty of new stuff running with all the graphics turned up I went right back to STALKER and can't be bothered with anything else.

I finally bought that gtx 1060 and its shipping now
Am I really going to learn to hate video games once it gets here?

Nice one retard.

Op i was like you until i swallowed the MP pill. Division2 or falloit 76 or rust. Thank me later

Now you realise how worthless videogames are. You're ascended, now. One of us. One of us. One of us.

cum

Play dota2, gunbound, wow wotlk or eu4. All of them drained thousands of hours of my life.

Play Dead by Daylight

I don't think that one "game" is a catch-all for everyone.

I pirated lots of shit over the past 2 years since getting my PC and the only two games I actually wanted to play that didn't feel like an obligation were Katamari Damacy and Control. I've played through tons of high rated series like resident evil, silent hill, bioshock, half life all these games people claim are the "best ever" and they're just not interesting to me.

Fucking ignore all the mongs ITT telling you to play shitty MMOs. They're not real people. They're NPCs who are on jew payroll who just want you to invest your life, and by extension all your money, into some monotonous cancer. Fucking bug people.

>download games you're not even interested in but just because you can
>surprised when you have no interest in playing them
wow! many such cases

>Op i was like you until i swallowed the MP pill. Division2 or falloit 76 or rust.
I'm concerned about the time consumption. By far, the game I've played the most over the last year was TF2, and it's sort of nice to be able to play on my new machine at about a consistent 4k/144hz, (I could get higher if the very dated engine wasn't CPU-bound). However, that can at least be played in short bursts, and I'm very apprehensive in trying an MMO or something similar.

Those games i mentioned are not satanic mmo like wow and dota. They aint meant to control your whole life. Me too i stay away from satanic mmos

Well, I did download games I've been interested in for a long time, (Dark Souls, Doom, Nier), and I just don't have the patience when I'm spending a large portion of the game doing nothing, or doing the same things again and again.

You'll know it right away.

This is the issue with piracy and emulation. You have so much but at the same time so little. Happened to me many times on many devices I hacked and/or pirated on. Uninstall everything you don't want to play right now. Pick 3 games max.

Force yourself to play a game before activating your ADHD. Pick a game and imagine you just rented it for a week and have no other games to play

OP listen to me and only me: The reason you're tired of all of those games is because you pirate them.
You have an endless supply of video games hence why you're not really enjoying them.
Save money and buy them. Never pirate again.
You'll learn to appreciate and enjoy games when they're tied to your funds.

Attached: 1553961151994.png (400x400, 154K)

>I could get higher if the very dated engine wasn't CPU-bound

Not only dated, it's worse than before. I could run tf2 easily like 5 years ago but now it runs like absolute shit. I even had to download a mod that removed hats and it gave me a big frame boost.

>force yourself to like games through sunk cost fallacy

or just have self control and actually finish a game before moving on to the next one

This, it's worthless if you can get them for free without any effort.

I pirated over a $130 worth of games and I've gotten maybe four hours worth out of them. I'm willing to pay for games if I think they're a good value proposition, but I had to pay for these games before I tried them, I would not have bothered unless I were wealthy enough to take that sort of risk, and I'm not.

You're taking bite sized chunks out of too many games at once and not committing to any of them. If you're gonna pirate you need to stop downloading so many at a time and commit to something. Otherwise you're gonna get stuck in this negative feedback loop and spend all day shitposting on Yea Forums about how all new games suck

either you need to figure out which genre of game you'd really like to play (you've been downloading games randomly) or games aren't what you need at all right now.

This is usually what I do
>Wait for big Steam sales
>Use a good amount of money and buy what I want (Since it's a sale I can buy many stuff)
>Sort games by how long they are using How Long To Beat website
>Play the shortest game first
>Play that game and only that game until I either beat it
>Don't buy anything until the next big sale

Attached: 1559186768283.jpg (961x816, 239K)

I'm in a similar spot, just downloaded the entire NES catalog but it's a complete clusterfuck, aside from the main good games everyone knows of like mega man and smb it's a chore to look through the games to find one you want to commit to

>download games i want to play later
>have probably spent more time in the last 2 months downloading games and browsing Yea Forums than playing games
>about 150gb of pirated games and fullsets from various consoles (more than 10k games)
>still enjoy playing games
i don't get it
just pick random shit and see if it sucks, there's a reason why there's only so many games everyone knows

>gaming PC
>2019
there's your problem

stop actually giving a fuck about genuinely playing the game as instructed, stop caring about what Yea Forums or reddit thinks about the game and enjoy it yourself not to say you played it but to actually enjoy the game. For me I usually just go on steam or indiedb or game jolt and find some random dumb stuff to fuck around in just as a refresher. Try out Katana Zero, it's a pretty fun refresher from the normal stuff

katana zero is great, and short enough that it's not a big commitment to finish, probably one of my favorite games of the year

*blocks your path*

Attached: 462489-xcom-2-collection-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (800x1200, 170K)

This, He just paid like what a 1000$ for a Yea Forums machine

Attached: 1480379088852.png (2652x1208, 515K)

Used to hit piratebay and demonoid back in the day but I guess those two have dried up/are monitored. No idea where to start these days.

all depends on what you want user, if you need a game you can play for 200 hours, the only thing that in my experience can hook for that long you and not let go are online experiences where you constantly strive to get better, level up, improve yourself. It is a lazy immitaiton of life itself and yet so much more. Be it Tekken 7, Fornite or WoW Classic, just pick one and stick to it.

If you don't want a long experience, get into Arcade games, they are short and sweet, yet challenging, and the whole aesthetic and music design is specifically meant to "get" you and hook you immediately. Try games like Cadillac and the Dinosaurs, King of Fighters 98, Metal Slug or Galaxy Force 2, just get MAME setup and start playing, it's not that hard.

If you're a type who might like managing things, production and engineering you could go with games like Factorio, Kerbal Space Program, Red Alert 2 or Starcraft. All amazing games to have a good time with.

You could also try investing into a moderately priced steering wheel if you wana play Forza Horizon 4 or GT. The feel of driving a super car on a pristine road with good music and the sun setting in the background is something special.

I'm afraid I can't really recommend the heavy exposition based modern gaming experiences (a la God of War or Uncharted). There is something just not right about them, they feel like cheap copies of films and at that point I would much rather watch a film. I would rather recommend the Ace Combat series or Metal Gear if you're looking for something heavy in story. Or even Borderlands, which is a fantastic loot shooter with a nice humorous story

Godspeed user, you'll be OK. We all will be, trust me

Paying for them gives you an incentive to get your money's worth, I'm not against pirating but actually buying a game sometimes gets me out of the rut of open > play for 5 mins > close > repeat

Well, I made sure to get something that was a good value for the money, so it's a good gaming PC for now, and a great PC for other things and will be for a long time.
Very extensive post. Thanks.

>demonoid
Now THAT was a site!

Attached: boomer.png (380x431, 109K)

>if you need a game you can play for 200 hours, the only thing that in my experience can hook for that long you and not let go are online experiences where you constantly strive to get better, level up, improve yourself
A good game with a lot of mods can also keep you playing it for a long time.

>before
>playing dota on ultra settings, 1080p/60hz screen
>now
>playing dota on ultra settings, 1440p/144hz screen
>can barely tell the difference between 60/144fps anyway

Not sure if this was worth almost 3000€ lads... But then again i have nothing else to spend on anyway

to be fair you do need a pretty good rig to run ps3 games now
high end specs are only worth it if you're gonna do emulation and/or actual work

This. To many games is a horrible problem.

Framerate is less noticable in top down view points. It's most noticable in first person perspective, and still not that noticable in third person.

60fps is a good universal target because it becomes noticable at all viewpoints.

Been out of the loop on ps3 emulation, but do the pcfags still not have ps3 emulation? Isn't it like a decade old by now? What few threads I've seen shilled here give me the impression that only a few games barely "run" on pc now with funnily demon's souls being 1 of them.

>>can barely tell the difference between 60/144fps anyway
switch your monitor's refresh rate back to 60 and tell me you you hardly notice a difference

OG xbox emulation has been around for a lot longer and it's basically unusable, it all depends on what the people can do with it

rpcs3 development has been going pretty well so there's a lot of games you can play now, check their compatibility list
i tried nier and no more heroes and while nier runs fine for me nmh runs at sub 30 fps, so it does need a pretty strong cpu for some games

oh please bless us with your shut mouth you epic gamer man with god tier cpu and graphics card made with jesus' semen and 3 curved 60k 500hz moniter

Attached: disgrumpledluigi.png (464x447, 281K)

if you're not the guy I replied to then shut the fuck up
if you ARE the guy I replied to then you're a goddamn idiot
either way you completely misinterpreted my message and it's no wonder you act the way you do

I'm not the guy you replied to and yet I will not "shut the fuck up" because your type bores me. You have no real personality or charestaristics all you have to be liked is your epic gaemer tricked out gayming man cave

>I'm not the guy you replied
then fuck off. You're not worth my time

xd

Attached: 1566956031032.webm (1280x720, 789K)

What time? You're on Yea Forums. Your "time" is worthless

Same thing recently happened to me, but with a recently acquired New 2DS xl I've installed CFW on. I downloaded and installed a bunch of games I actually wanted to own (didn't have the money) on top of titles I was genuinely curious about, but I already played all of the "main" titles a few years back when my old 3ds model was still working. Turns out I'm only using the system as a DS emulation machine, or I'm just playing games I already know like the Corpse Party 1 PSP Remake or MH:XX who isn't that different from MH4U. I tried to enjoy the new Kirby Games but I can't play longer than 20 minutes nowadays, whereas I could last hours just fooling around with abilities and enjoying the comfy scenery. Same with Samus Returns, I can't help but think that AM2R is better.

Help

If a game is good you'll enjoy it regardless of if you paid or not

Play old good stuff till new games get patched and become dirt cheap. I got a powerful PC and I have been just playing Kotor and Conquest of the New World.

You're going to learn to hate yourself for buying a GTX 1060 in its twilight

I ended up playing mostly SS13 when I got a gaming PC. There's just so few games worth dropping the money on a good rig for.

>Play old good stuff till new games get patched and become dirt cheap.
Translation: Play old good stuff forever.

built my 'gaming' pc in 2012 with the best pats available at the time and this post would be accurate back then as well.