Control DLC announced

>that last pack
>that art

YOU WILL NEED THE WITCHES CABIN KEY

Attached: IMG_20190911_135214.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk
youtube.com/watch?v=ERbVhQHvrUw
pastebin.com/10f1uVsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've completed the game with all sidequests done and all skills maxed, what the fuck's a witches key?

>Photo mode is DLC now
Please tell me that is at least free and not part of a season pass.

Attached: 1461294726810.jpg (500x377, 99K)

Why are there so few Control threads? I thought the game while flawed is one of the more intriguing single player experiences of this year.
Probably my fave SP game this year after Sekiro.

Yeah its free.
Go play Alan Wake zoomer.

yfw The Foundation involves Marshall biting more than she can chew and ends with you making best boy Arish the new head of security.

also let me turn off the upgrades I've bought, reeeee

I hope they don't finish off Alan's story as part of a DLC. He needs a full sequel.

>AWE
>mid 2020
fucking why... i honestly expected that bit to show up more in the game beyond some dumpsite transplantation

I've finished Alan Wake originally in like 2012 on X360, I thought you might be alluding to either Control or Alan Wake but I've completely forgotten exactly.
Thinking of replaying it on PC with DLC, worth it?

NG+ WHEN????

FUCK DLC AND FUCK DEVELOPERS
FUCK VIDEOGAMES MADE FROM THE XBOX 360 ERA ONWARDS

nu/v/ doesn't know who remedy is and they judge games based mostly on the spankability of the leading female character

I recently replayed it on xbox. Its still a good game, but the aftion gets stale quickly due to it being kinda flat.

Still enjoyable and spooky though.

>Alan Wake
Please revive my boy.

>Yea Forums
>caring about video games
Good one

Attached: 1537711973172.png (749x92, 29K)

>doesn't know who remedy is
If you think they're the guys who made MP1-2 you're wrong, most of those people are out of the studio. It's been 2 decades user. Remedy is a nobody now, they keep making expensive jank with overly complicated but still boring story lines, that's who they are.

These are all the hints I can tell toward Alan Wake in the base game

Attached: Control_DX12_2019_08_31_11_37_11_935.jpg (1920x1080, 726K)

Attached: Control_DX12_2019_09_01_12_28_14_464.jpg (1920x1080, 586K)

Control was cheap as fuck to make. Just read the credits. It was a skeleton crew.

Attached: Control_DX12_2019_09_02_10_04_15_068.jpg (1920x1080, 693K)

The fact that the credits are about 5 minutes long compared to something like AC where they're half an hour +.

>intriguing single player experiences
It really isn't. It's a TPS with basic weaponry and a gravity gun, few enemy types and a very simplistic metroidvania progression. There really isn't much special about this game. Maybe if you haven't played all the games that influenced it, maybe then it would feel interesting. And the fact that they managed to completely fuck up the map in a metroidvania game is bizarre.

CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GODS

>cheap as fuck to make
Yeah I know, it feels like AA. Locations keep recycling the same assets, enemies are all the same, it's all very short.

Alan Wake 2 all but confirmed at this point. Though that might change since Control isn't doing all that good sales wise afaik. Miss me with that gay EGS shit

Imagine reading all this shit.

Oh shit. Here we go.
youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk

imagine not reading

>all but confirmed
They don't have any money. They would make it if they could.

you missed one

If Control had a good story maybe I would care enough to read all that shit they wrote, like I cared enough to listen to codec in MGS. Unfortunately Controls story is shit and all the characters are boring.

Quantum Break had in-game materials referring to the Alan Wake Event with the first letters highlighted

Text logs in Control make it clear both games are canon to it by referencing events from 1+AN, and AWE is an Altered World Event - with a line implying this is a reclassification of the term to better maintain secrecy.

Remedy got the rights back a few months ago, for reasons unknown considering they can't find a publisher for a full AW2.

Now we have this blatant icon reference.

Prepare for AW to be brought into Control lads.

This is totally going to tie into

Alan Wake was dogshit. If it had been more like the beginning hinted at then it might've been alright but it wasn't.

which one?

>nu/v/ doesn't know who remedy is
It's exactly because I know who Remedy are that I completely ignored Control.

I've actually played a solid amount of games that excelled at majority of the parts of this one but as a whole it intrigued me for almost all the time I've spent with it. I got all costumes, did all side quests and found all hidden areas in around 25 hours. (used a guide for the last few hours but still, I enjoyed experiencing most the game has to offer). Plus while the presentation is this drab 80s cold-war type shit, it was done extremely well from a directing stand-point.

There were at least several more.
Two boards with mentions of Zane (near the shoe box) and Mr.Scratch, Jessie's therapy session mentioning Zane and one other file about the whole Lake AWE.
Might be even more/

oh and just to add, Ashtray Maze was fucking sublime.

Control also references QB, Max Payne & Death race.

>QB
Did it?

Why do people even like AW? It played like shit

alan wake europe?

based post

You are in a shill thread user. That is why everyone, literally everyone, is talking like Alan Wake is even remembered at all or is important.

This is a neat development but the devs/shills have their finger squarely OFF the pulse if they think anyone but them even remembers it.

Imagine being this retarded and be proud about it

WTF is Control, lol?

>like Alan Wake is remembered
What does the overall lack of impact that game left on culture has to do with the impact it left on me?

That being said I like Control threads and I didn't even buy the game. The shills are alright people. You can tell they care about the game and are hinting people toward some of the cooler hidden stuff instead of either flat out telling people what it is or spoiling things.
I didn't play your game but you people go about community engagement 95% correctly. You could make it 100% if you revealed you were shills though.

Just finished the game, only mission left is traffic light AO, don't know what to do after that.

you aren't the only posts in the thread user. It is a statistical improbability we would go 50 posts with every user either already knowing what alan wake was from the screenshot alone or that every post would speak of it highly as a game.
You might have loved it but for every post to both know the connection outright from a screenshot AND them all speaking highly of it...that is highly suspect.
Read my post directly below you, I don't care that it is shills because they aren't assholes when people give them crap about their game.

>that is highly suspect
You're thinking way too much about that stuff.

Attached: 13.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

One file mentions the Monarch [REDACTED} Warehouse.

In QB itself, there are references to the Secret Govt Agency, the Bureau of Altered World Events, a disaster in the town of Ordinary in 2002, and AWE graffiti.

Attached: AWE_2.png (1253x1080, 2.06M)

>In QB itself
Holy shit. Might have a reason to replay it then.

the only reason I checked out Control was because I liked Alan Wake's storytelling, and why I was completely uninterested in QB, didn't even try it. Loved Control, loved AW, why is it hard to believe that a lot of people here have probably played Alan Wake or both AW/Control?

and for good reason

strange for shills to shill in Yea Forums of all places, though, what with all the pirates in these waters

Bureau of Altered World Events.

Attached: Quantum-Ripple-5-1.jpg (860x484, 40K)

>almost every character in the game is a stronk woman
>even the ghost is somehow a stronk woman
Okay then, skipping the cutscenes in this one just like I did in Rage 2.

Ordinary.

Attached: Ripple1.jpg (1000x567, 67K)

>"For ten years I’ve tried to write my escape, only sinking deeper. I used to know where fiction ends and reality begins. Here, they are all the same. It’s a hideous trap, my every thought made real. Fear. Desire. How can I ever know for sure I’ve escaped and not just lost lost in my own fantasy of it. That thought alone can drive you mad."

try writing that sentence again you ESL faggot

Not really. Like I said I don't care if its shills. Shills aren't bad by default, just the ones that don't know how to engage with the audience.
And the Remedy shills are alright people.

There are also people who will burn income like no tomorrow. Yea Forums isn't the sekrit club it was in the aughts. Its bonafide mainstream. The anonymous nature does nothing but aid in shilling. There are zero negatives.

>strange for shills to shill in Yea Forums of all places
Yea Forums is literally the easiest place to shill in. Looking at the poster count usually helps to spot a shill thread. This one clearly is a shill thread. 25 posters, 60 posts, that's not normal.

Waaaait. In Control mc's brother mentions the stuff about the person, who has access to the different "doors" and different realities and who refused to let the Hiss into them.
Could it be the black dude from QB? It was mentioned in the game that he wasn't from that world after all.

well i was just referring to that EGS thing people keep joking about here. seems like nobody here wants anything to do with that shit

Fuck, games ending on cliffhangers are the worst thing ever.

I suspected Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control were all part of the same story, glad to see confirmation

Remedy please bring back my boi

In QB, his name is Mr Hatch.
In Control, it's Mr Door.

Everything is all connected.

>somebody remembers the story of QB and considers it replayable
Okay now mr shill, back down a little bit, it's literally impossible for this to be a real person.

here's another one

Attached: Control_DX12_2019-09-05_11-04-10.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Flashlight will be an object of power no doubt.

What the fuck.

Attached: K&M.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Remedy should've done that ages ago then, damn. only found out about Control cuz i was looking at a list of games this year that make use of ray tracing

This game ends on a cliffhanger? Feels like I shouldn't even bother with this game until the complete edition is out.

It is very irregular for shills to be of a human variety where they just want to talk about their game and foster a community.
Most are of the EGS variety and it muddied the waters for everyone.

I cannot stress how rare it is for shills to just be people talking about a thing instead of soulless machines that spit newspeak at you.
That is why I said I don't mind the Remedy shills. They are a diamond in the rough.

Sam Lake has had this in his head since Max Payne. Who gets his own references in Control.

And you know that an NYPD Homicide detective, with an unusual ability to dodge bullets and gain incredible focus may get noticed by the FBC.

yeah i've seen EA shill threads on here before -- this thread's totally different by comparison. i'm just amused at the whole thing, that's all

Nah. Just really into the games they develop.
Kind of a passion: these ones and SMT games.
Bought xbone (and sold it later) for QB and bought 3ds solely for SMT4.

Attached: vx.jpg (617x243, 48K)

Not really, the main plot is pretty much resolved besides some minor details which will probably see their conclusion through the DLCs. And when I say minor, I mean minor.

where did the source of his power come from while he was in Brazil

>max payne cinematic universe
Why would anyone want this?

>with an unusual ability to dodge bullets
Isn't Max a book character in that universe though? Nothing to notice unless Bureu starts operating on a multi-dimensional levels.

Why do you like AW? I don't get the appeal.

>unless Bureu starts operating on a multi-dimensional levels.
Oh boy oh boy are you in for a treat.

I doubt Remedy has any shills. They can't even afford proper marketing for their games and its a leap to assume they'd pay for people to shill on Yea Forums of all places.

Don't take 's advice.
Alan Wake is extremely bad and just a boring bog to play through.

Dylan mentions in one of his rants.
"In one world, the cop is in a book. In the other? He's a real cop! One and the same, forever intertwined!"

Overall presentation of the game. Summ on satisfying enough shooting mechanics and intresting story.
The way story was structured leading into the ending to each chapter and breaks was intresting enough as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=ERbVhQHvrUw
And it came at a somewhat intresting time in my life and anchored me a bit in a way.

I'll take your word for it. I never played Quantum Break so I'm probably already missing out on the minor details anyway.

Remedy doesn't own the Quantum Break IP so there are hardly any references to it. It's shit anyway so who cares.

I don't think I've missed many things, but was there something else?
Mirror was still in the same dimension and the only mention of something akin to venturing into different space was the expedition of Trench and Darling.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.
In the plane that FBC is currently in he shouldn't be real.

You erroneously assume shills get paid in currency.
They would logically just be the most diehard fans they have cultivated on a discord or something and would happily do it for any sort of recognition.
Could even be the actual devs just talking about the game on their time off because they genuinely enjoy it and the community they have fostered.

In the FBC's world, Payne is Trench.
In one of the hotline videos you unlock after the end of the game, it may as well be a Max Speech about how Pain & Suffering seem mandatory, and he lost his wife and baby girl because work followed him home.

he lost his daughter due to a disease and then separated with wife because of it.

I assumed those were similarities because va was the same, so they gave him a nod.

retard

Attached: 1568232369376.jpg (400x396, 67K)

The game flopped the studio will fall apart before there is any DLC.

Deal

Attached: 1564653255017.jpg (980x1400, 250K)

>Payne is Trench
no fucking way

When you see him in his office, after the fakeout credits, he looks like an Older Payne. Sat there in his Leather Jacket.

True, but it's how it's said.

>the studio will fall apart before
They'll just sell themselves into chink slavery. Again.

I thought they managed a good encounter/situation variety considering they had five or so enemies.

I remember a lot of that game and I remember having a blast with it, the gameplay always kept me on the edge to dodge and shoot at the right time.

it was awesome when you got the timing right and the gameplay flowed really damn well.

alan wake: ETERNAL

doom promotional collaboration, since bethesda will buy them by then, but they are not fast enough to bring it out in a timely fashion.

So a bigger question.
Are Darkness and Hiss similar entities from different dimensions?
Or was Darkness entirely the result of AWE Lake and Zane started?

>after the fakeout credits
oh wait what the hell, lol. i haven't even finished the game yet

I can see it.

Attached: Untitled.png (437x467, 227K)

>glasses
It's Max Payne, not Pointdexter.

Attached: 1496276933095.png (321x614, 375K)

Thw Twist will be that the FBC isn't real.
It's another part of Wakes story, and he and Jesse will argue about who is truly real.

I remember being all "wait, that is it!?" during the credits for it all to go full House of Leaves surreal bugaloo on me. Pretty good though the end boss being just waves of enemies was garbage

But it's actually garbage, it has some nice atmosphere but that's all it has going for it. The pacing and most importantly the gameplay is utter trash and is repetitive from start to finish.

The Darkness is an entity similar to The Hiss but less infectious.
The Hiss is like an audio infection that invades via a frequency, when it got let in it was entirely contained to The Oldest House, which itself is more like a nexus.
The Darkness is already here but contained to Cauldron Lake via a narrative.

the darkness was always there long before wake or zane, it used the musician brothers before them.
at least chronologically....

the interesting thing about the darkness and the creators it uses is, you cant really determine which started it.
the darkness using creators to give it a more concrete form, or some creator stumbling upon a place where his fantasy becomes real.
you cant even say for sure if zane is a creation of wake he needed to write since dramatically a story needs someone who went through the same ordeal and failed so the hero has a clue how to defeat the monster, or if zane created wake since he knew that he failed and needed to make a contingency plan once the darkness recovers.
the entire story is an encapsulated paradox.

TAKE.
CONTROL.

If anyones interested in the Expeditions stuff I managed to unlock some of it in the game already, sounds like it's gonna be some random mission kinda thing?

Attached: Control_DX12_nfgCli3m39.png (1922x1119, 1.81M)

There's random "parameters" it generates too, like only having 50% health, enemies are 200% stronger, shit like that.

Attached: control-2.png (1694x980, 1.44M)

The ocean-view motel has doors to other realities, they're only able to open their own door however. There's been references to other universes, and some you even visit. The slide projector was one way to open alternate worlds, and the Oldest House has areas where alternate realities bleed in, such as the black rock quarry.

Thing is, what are the rewards going to be?
Once you've maxed your abilities, whats left to gain?

Probably those randomized gun/body mods. What a bunch of shit.

Oh, thought there were some mentiones of Bureu regulating shit in other dimensions directly.

Yeah true, it's probably crap like said, there's also the three difficulty tiers so I guess probably completing X amount of easy ones is how you unlock the harder tiers.

There's some indications that it could be multiplayer too, like mentions of an expeditions lobby, not 100% certain on that though.

>thinking if you played Alan Wake, it makes you a boomer
Fuck off, kid.

Theres a recording that talks about the Jukebox.
How it teleports you to places, and you need to come back before the song ends or you die, which could suggest time limits etc.

would be cool if there was a Yellow Turban boss from Demon's Souls type thing going on.

That sounds boring AF

>main source of info is a guy
>Finnish god is a guy
>main scientists is a guy
>security guy is probably gonna replace black chick after the dlc
If anything it's 50/50

Alan needs his happy ending, please ;_;

Attached: EAXlJV1WsAA5926.jpg (806x579, 47K)

Bunch of strings that were related to the expeditions too: pastebin.com/10f1uVsQ

Sounds like it takes place somewhere similar to the quarry area called the "Formation", first mission has you rescuing a team from there? Might be a good mission, idk how replayable something like that would be tho

And he needs to somehow meet Dr Darling.

>39 posters
>125 posts
Easy now

>Alan Wake
>Bad
Worst fucking opinion I've ever heard on Yea Forums, you deserve a medal

Truth was, the game was rigged from the start.

Sam Lake must be some sort of Madman to have all these connected universes playing in his head.

is american nightmare as bad as I remember it being

It's biggest issue is having to revisit each location 3 times to try and fix however Alan fucked up in the previous visit. Mister Scratch is interesting.

I think the suggestion is that the original game is a full on Stephen King Story, and American Nightmare is a trashy dollar store sci fi novel.

Don't you mean:
>indistinguishable static

You mean the original is supposed to be a novel and American Nightmare is supposed to be pulp fiction? Yeah. I can see that.

JUST FUCKING MAKE ALAN WAKE 2 YOU FUCKS. GOD DAMNIT.

>beat awe dlc
>alan wake 2 release date after credits
we can only hope

I have a horrible feeling they'll use this to wrap up Alans story instead of giving him another full game.

It's crap. And I actually tried to play it, not just judging by the protagonist's appearance. The game manages to be both incredibly boring and incredibly confusing at the same time. The quests are poorly explained and usually result in wandering around trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do and where you're supposed to do it. You'd think the quest markers would help, but oftentimes they're not even at the exact spot you have to do the task. They're at a completely different point in a large room and you have to search for the poorly explained objective yourself. Also, the dialogue is cringey as fuck. If the main character's man jaw didn't make you hate her already, listening to her talk certainly will. And the enemies are ridiculously bullet spongy. There's nothing to the combat but shoot, take cover, and shoot again. It's simultaneously mind numbingly boring and frustratingly difficult. Literally the only things this game has going for it are:
> The aesthetic, which is pretty cool as someone who actually likes brutalist architecture
> The best implementation of RTX to date
If you want to walk around in a brutalist building and look at pretty RTX graphics then you may like this game, but aside from that it has absolutely no redeemable qualities.

It's a 1 hour game stretched to 3 times its length by repeating itself. The permise is good, gameplay is more AW, but fuck that repetition.

>dlc are all minor additions
>AWE dlc is 20+ hours of content
>turns out it was an entire game and Remedy was confident releasing it like this
>becomes a living legend

>>AWE dlc is 20+ hours of content
It ties together Control, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and even includes a brief Death Race hallucination.

low iq post

> no argument
> pointless reply

you obviously didn't play the game if you think the combat is that limited

>Though that might change since Control isn't doing all that good sales wise afaik
It's because of EGS. People don't even give a fuck about BL3 currently. I really hope it sells a lot more when it goes on steam.

I got to the point where you have the ability to pick up and chuck stuff, which at least did more damage than the pathetically weak guns. But after maybe 5 hours or so I was bored out of my mind and deleted the game. If the game didn't interest me by that point it was never going to.

You're an extreme brainlet if you were confused by the missions. Playing the game like a cover shooter is the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do. It's not even a viable strategy later in the game. You're supposed to run around and avoid damage instead of hiding.