Metal Slug 8

nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/snk_is_making_new_neo_geo_hardware_as_well_as_a_new_metal_slug
Are you excited?

Attached: 1568220673824.png (1920x1102, 3.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1Bz25OecQ
twitter.com/yuu_ten/status/1018480086792601600
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it's 2D, yes.
If it's 2.5D, then by god i hope a maniac firebombs SNK HQs with all the devs still inside just like it happened to Kyoani and i hope every single faggot that buys it dies of inoperable testicular cancer.

Attached: 1317743987329.png (640x480, 49K)

>making a new console
what why

Attached: 1748596478596.jpg (437x330, 20K)

I just played 1/2/X/3/4/5 for the first time so yes. I'll definitely play the rest of the series before this comes out. Given that modern SNK seems to know what they're doing (SamSho turned out great) and even 4 which was made by some Korean company was still good, I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know if SNK still has most of the talent that made sprites for even the later titles. That said, they still have the full catalogue of sprites available to them as well as some new sprites here and there via the mobile F2P tower defense games. You could reasonably make a new 2D Metal Slug where the only "new" things are the backgrounds, a couple bosses (some reused/edited ones for nostalgia's sake), and music.

I've always wanted to play a metal slug game but was always afraid of the setup of a sega console emulator. Any ideas?

What...what are you talking about?
If you own any console you can buy the ACA neo geo versions for like 7 bucks or something.
If you own a PC you can emulate the neo geo versions with WinKawaks or similiar emulators that are easy as shit to use.

They can't go any lower than the 2006 TPS Metal Slug on the PS2 or the F2P gacha mobile games. If the visuals are stylized enough to look faithful and the gameplay is the same as the mainline series, I'll take it. They could use shading tech similar to Guilty Gear Xrd, Dragonball FighterZ, or Lethal League Blaze (if an indie team of only a handful of people can do it, SNK can too).

Arcsys doing 3D is one thing, SNK is another.
SNK doesn't know how to do 3D.
All their 3D games look like utter garbage.
Yes, including nu-SamSho.
A 3D Metal Slug with their current level of expertise in 3D games would be a visual abomination that would start by looking bad at release date, and then look like putrid shit not even 1 year post release.

2019 is the year of the white terrorist. Goddamn you're all angry as fuck. Grow up.

Day 1 buy if it's 2D, otherwise I won't even pirate it.

get fightcade
google fightcade roms
There's an Argentinian site with every rom compatible with the emulator so get all the slugs

if they're going to use that shitty early 2000 cgi for the backgrounds, don't bother making a new one.

I hope:
1) its 2D
2) it doesnt look like a flash game

Taking bets on how they fuck it up
>Battlefrogs reboot style shitty 2D animation
>Mighty No9 style shitty 3d
>Microtransactions out the ass

anyone who expects 2d sprites is a retard. 2d sprites almost bankrupted snk. of course this is going to be 3d.

There's literally nothing wrong with being a white terrorist???

If it's 3D i don't care.

It'll just be in 3D. I think they know that the game needs to look good to be considered Metal Slug, but sprites are just not their forte anymore. Hopefully this image, presumably from the development of KOFXV, shows that they're improving their modeling, lighting, and shading in 3D. SamSho is a big step up from XIV & Heroines so maybe they're learning.

Attached: kofxv Raiden.png (465x230, 150K)

Kind of just seems like it will be an endless source of shitposting
>If they went for 2D it would have to be reused assets, people complain it is lazy
>If they attempt 3D and it only looks okay. shitposter call it the worst thing ever and over exaggerate any issue
>If they manage good 3D, it won't have MUH SOUL WHY NOT SPRITES
You can already tell from most of the thread this is just people trying to set up drama for the future.

I'd at least be understanding if the people asking for it actually appreciated how hard it is to get amazing sprite work these days, yet it tends to be those who shout the loudest under value how hard it is the most.

Will my wife ever grace the series with her presence again?

Attached: 2441450473.png (339x477, 88K)

all these graphics fags in this thread
If Bloodstained taught us anything as long as the gameplay is good the visual presentation doesn't matter. You guys are shallow as fuck

>all these graphics fags
Artstyle.
>If Bloodstained
I unironically hope you die tomorrow in your sleep.
I'm not joking.

Metal Slug in 2D has always reused sprites in smart ways. 4 is most egregious since it wasn't developed by SNK but they stayed true to the original style for the most part; it's the uninspired design of the game and new characters that made it weaker than other entries. The only obstacle would be making new backgrounds really, since they basically have every sprite ever made for the series in the mobage.

This. I hope they make new 2D sprites, but not like the ones seen in the Toki remaster.

Who are those people and why is Kim Kaphwan using a gun?

>Will my wife ever grace the series with her presence again?
Nope because Fio outclasses her

Attached: xyGFios.jpg (774x780, 160K)

As long as Ralf & Clark come back too I sure hope so. Playing a run & gun as a grappler is fun as fuck.

Are you the same elitist that I've seen say that Mega Man 11 is a bad game for the visuals alone, when it has some of the best level design in the series and a ton of QoL and replayability improvements?

>Metal Slug in 2D has always reused sprites in smart ways
If by smart you mean blatantly then sure. They might add a minor update to them here and there, but lets not pretend that a good chunk of the assets in each game weren't some drag and drop shit with no attempt to hide it.

My wife first

Attached: 1564342260721.png (1026x1158, 691K)

hopefully is good. i dont hold much hopes for this tho.

SNK is still good at designing games. The only thing in the air is the visuals.

He's in.
AHAHAHA C'MON BOI AHAHAHA GO HOME TO MOMMY

Attached: latest[1].png (397x438, 93K)

>3D
They already did

Attached: Metal_slug_3d_cover.jpg (336x476, 50K)

It's a shame this game ended up sucking cause I think the concept could be salvaged. A fast hectic TPS with platforming elements could be fun, but just made something really bland and will probably never try again.

I just hope they don't reuse too much content like they did with 7.
7 was fun, but damn if it didn't felt like a fangame.

Attached: 1539439914678.png (492x653, 152K)

It'll either be new 3D assets or heavy sprite reuse, but with what little new sprite work the mobile games have included.

I'll play it as long as it still has WOAH, BIG

Attached: 73b.gif (500x573, 53K)

ur mincemeat

the bests

Attached: 1514148661033.jpg (768x800, 88K)

>2018 we get Cuphead
>2019 we get Blazing Chrome (Isn't Contra, but basically is)
>2019 we get Contra Rogue Corps (Is Contra, but basically isn't)
>2020 we get Metal Slug 8
Yeah, I'm thinking run and gun is back.

Attached: 1392592927596.jpg (218x291, 19K)

What if they do a Cuphead and traditionally animate and paint everything on pen and paper?

This is bad...

Then i'd literally nut so hard i'd paint half of my house, but that's never going to happen so it's pointless to dream about it.

Now if they would only bring back to current consoles a certain game...

Attached: Hard Corps Uprising.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

BRING THEM BACK! BRING THEM BACK! BRING THEM BACK!

Attached: trevor and nadia.jpg (1458x1080, 545K)

is this real?

Attached: even donny is freaked out.jpg (600x600, 397K)

Fuck that's awful

Holy shit someone else that likes Trevor and Nadia.
Metal Slug 4 is so shat upon that i tought i was the only one.

Attached: 35.jpg (928x718, 264K)

Is antologhy on ps4 worth? i only played until the 3 and, I think it was MS5 with a friend

Yes. It never left Japan. It and MS6 were put out for the 10th anniversary.

>run and gun
You mean rooty tooty point and shooty

No, anthology is absolute trash.
On consoles, get the ACA Neo Geo releases.

However, on PS4 you have a separate version of MS3, and additionally you have a port of MSXX.
So basically on PS4 get the ACA releases of each game, aside 3, and then XX that have PS4 specific versions.

Attached: metal-slug-3-retail-limited-run-games-standard-edition-ps-vita-ps4-cover-limitedgamenews.com_.jpg (1200x929, 91K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1Bz25OecQ
I don't think it looks all that terrible to be honest, but
>that camera

Attached: 1561605143610.png (500x700, 178K)

A nice concept done wrong

I want to believe but WHAT IS LOVE BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE

>SamSho is a big step up from XIV & Heroines

You're being too generous there, the pic you posted its what I consider a big step up, I hope its true.

>TIL that Kyoani's terrorist is white.

Never change Yea Forums

Why not just download MAME and all Metal Slug roms for it.

Attached: 1568148224040.png (201x249, 59K)

I'm only excited if it still captures the spirit of the original, make it more challenging, and update the art style so it's optimized for widescreen.

Because he was specifically asking for PS4 releases.
I was answering his legitimate question, but you just had to but in with
>ACKTUALLY
Like the sperg you always are.
Shoo.

Thank you!
So ACA Metal Slug 1 and X
Metal slug 3
And Metal Slug XX
What's the difference between Ms3 and Aca Ms3?

He was a fat incel.
All murdering incels become automatically white, it's the ultimate prize for their autism.

>You're being too generous there
I mean you can still think it doesn't look good, but denying there was a big step up is just wrong.

Attached: 1541267520491.jpg (1024x512, 122K)

Yes.
>What's the difference between Ms3 and Aca Ms3?
The PS4 specific port of MS3 runs much better.
All ACA releases run exactly like they did on original hardware so there's slowdowns all over the place (the Switch version of MS1 especially is fucked, with extra slowdowns over the original ones).

I see.
Thank you again user

>entire new console
>new metal slug
lets wait and see, could be good.

Oh no, slowdowns. That means the game is literally ruined.

Neo Geo wasn't a "console". It was arcade hardware that had a (relatively) limited production "home" version that they crammed into a console shell so you could play it on your TV instead of needing to buy an arcade cabinet. But it was literally the exact same hardware with the exact same games.

I hope she comes back.

Attached: Nadia.jpg (900x1200, 320K)

Will I be able to play the entire series on the switch?

Attached: Switch Lite.png (1024x686, 452K)

its going to be battle royale

Attached: 1549102250418.jpg (583x583, 93K)

As a Morden soldier

Almost.
It's missing Metal Slug 6, and Metal Slug 7/XX.

It does have Metal Slug 1-5, tho.
That should be more than enough to play all the good ones, to be honest.
Careful with the Switch version of MS1, it has extra slowdowns.
All the other games run fine (as in, they run like they did on original hardware, so same slowdowns where they're expected).

Attached: switch-neo-geo.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

>muh gwaphics

Best ways to play 6 or XX? I'll just emulate Advance.

6, via emulation on PC, stay away from the anthology.
XX either emulate on PC, or play the PS4 port that is pretty good.

Muh greentext

>XX
Emulate PSP version or play it on PS4
>6
Emulate Arcade/PS2 or get Metal Slug PC Collection.

Retarded graphics, slow gameplay that is unworthy of the series, fandub-tier voice acting (Fio and Eri in particular sound fucking terrible). About the only cool thing about the game is the main villain

Deeply concerned, although slightly excited
Also depressed due to never being able to play it with friends

I don't get their appeal. 4 is still a solid game even if I hate the bosses for using adds to make them harder, but Trevor and Nadia are just not as cool as Tarma and Eri. I'd be cool if 8 just pulls an EVERYONE IS HERE and had the main 4, them, the Ikari team, and the Advance duo (maybe even the duo from 2nd Mission).

>tfw no Shock Troopers 3

Attached: 1544586423307.png (202x206, 46K)

Don't people just like Shock Troopers 1?
Shock Troopers 2 is pretty disliked compared to 1, right?
If they couldn't get it right a second time back then why would you want a third attempt?

>tfw no In The Hunt 2

Attached: in-the-hunt-arcade.jpg (600x453, 37K)

To get it right again.
2 isn't bad, it just isn't as good as the first. Weirdly, I played 2 after some were telling me it was superior. That was a crock of shit.

Hmm i completely forgot Shock Troopers is on the switch.
I have some spare coins and more 2 player stuff is always useful, i'll get it right now.

Attached: 235.jpg (1280x720, 315K)

Is that a FAMAS?

and a new arcade stick with 20 snk fighting games pre-installed
ttps://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1171241092743696390

Attached: EEEVkG0UwAA_QKc.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

Attached: Fio Metal Slug.jpg (391x640, 38K)

The quality of recent SNK hardware has been...utter shit.
And that's with me being very kind to them.
I don't trust this thing at all.

Attached: 1534396729730.png (1100x1150, 1.02M)

What's wrong with Anthology?

What are the definitive ways to play all the Slug games

Attached: Fio.jpg (684x958, 150K)

insane input lag, dont bother

>What's wrong with Anthology?
Horrendous input lag among a million other issues.
Stay the fuck away.
>What are the definitive ways to play all the Slug games
Emulate them all on PC, you can even use slightly modified versions of the games that run way better.
If on modern consoles, get the ACA Neo Geo releases.
If on PS4, get the PS4 specific ports of MS3 and MSXX.

Attached: 1533233232633.jpg (541x800, 315K)

A little bit.

Attached: DiJeGcbVMAAgmqV.jpg (2410x3000, 483K)

SNK is using very well the money they made with samurai shodown.

Attached: 2f945eb91d5979a1ee3d05380bccb97a.jpg (564x797, 151K)

is this eri or rule 63 marco?

Why is Fio so perfect?

The game is trying to faithful to 2D series but fail miserably. Although it's not all that awful. Each characters get different stage layout and you can upgrade tank/character status, it's actually has more variety than other MS games. I actcally enjoy the game enough to get to final boss but never beat it

Also, that final boss is fucking terrifying

>2.5D
No.

Dang I was going to get it because it was all in one spot. Thanks though
>you can even use slightly modified versions of the games that run way better.
What are they called?
Got it thanks for the heads up guys

Rule 63 Marco.

pranked marco

Attached: 61355907_2298305343593908_3121525885056843776_o.jpg (1199x926, 74K)

If they just build off of the already 2D assets then good.
But they have to be very creative with their set-pieces.

Attached: 01eri+fio.gif (734x547, 71K)

boooo

>Everyone complain about MS2 ports running like shit.
>But Arcade release run like shit even if you crank the CPU to 200% on emulators or overclock the board.

Attached: 1561769094826.png (128x128, 30K)

AIIEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 96698f61cca655b81366051682f0d744.gif (307x213, 15K)

I forgot, i think it's something like "unpacked" or something.
Basically you get the original ROM, then you get the "unpacked" extra zip or whatever, you place them in the same folder and when you launch the unpacked version it runs better than the original with way less slowdowns.
Something about them extracting the files so that they load faster or something like that.
I'm sure some user here that knows about this more than me can explain it using better terms.
I know for a fact you need the normal rom first for it to work tho, they don't work by themselves.

Attached: 39.jpg (639x361, 49K)

i don't mind the slowdown on 2 that much, it actually helps when there's too many fast projectiles

Absolutely not.

Who's the artist?

Slowdown on too much shit on screen isn't a problem.

The issue is that MS2 slow downs to a crawl with a sightly fart on screen due old engine and updated sprites. MSX use a proto MS3 engine to fix most of it, still not smooth as MS3 but do the job properly.

twitter.com/yuu_ten/status/1018480086792601600

Attached: 801810c976a6defe0e0cd3d1a39e9248a666e3c9.png (960x1200, 605K)

Thanks.

>snk made literally the only modern fighting game that is actually willing to give out free stages and characters and seems to give a shit
>WAAAAAH I WUN 3D GRAFFICS!
Fuck you.

Will the training school be back?

fuck the last boss

Attached: 1552203027377.png (144x144, 1K)