Dragon Age thread

How could anyone choose the swamp rat over this?

Attached: Leliana_default.png (300x412, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S85rJ_mx7bY
youtube.com/watch?v=fs2r55kkobQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DPPW1kV8pfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Goth mommy aesthetics

Please do NOT use Andraste for your shitposts, my user..

Attached: 1551537642758.png (337x348, 206K)

>the ending where you become king and you harden her to be your mistress
Best ending

>crazy cultist assassin
>dirty swamp hag
>no cutie wizard gilf

Attached: WynneEpilogue.png (640x550, 255K)

Her tent was cold

No ! Leliana is NOT your side piece, user !
Also she prefers women so do NOT pair her with a disgusting male warden.. Leliana is for F!Tabris only

Why are loliana losers so insecure over her waifu choice?

s*ge
Make a real thread pls, all Leliana threads have been bad

Delete this

Attached: 1562355312759.png (293x340, 145K)

was this the last good Bioware game?

Dragon Age: Inquisition was the last good BioWare game, dear user..

Inquisition.

No, Mass Effect: Andromeda was the last good BioWare game.

>daily DA threads

Is it just because of the ten year anniversary? Fuck...I want to play Origins again, can't believe it's been 10 years.

That "game" is dogshit.

>flirt with zevran
>breed morrigan
>wife leliana
>kill loghain and have alistair marry his bitch daughter
What better choice is there?

>wife leliana
That's the gayest shit in that list my man

>Playing Dragon Age 10 years ago
>Dreaming of how great Bioware games will be 10 years in the future

Attached: 1444832890837s.jpg (250x221, 10K)

>Do NOT flirt with Zevran
>Do NOT perform Morrigan's filthy ritual
>Marry Leliana (you did well here)
>Kill Alistair and have Loghain die slaying the Archdemon
I fixed your choices..

You're thinking of Mass Effect 2.

>comfy DA thread
>mass shitter degenerates come in and spam off topic shit
why does this always happen. go make a shite effect thread.

>letting brogain die
>not knocking up morrigan and stabbing her in the dlc

>Be me
>2009
>Miss an actual week of school playing Origins
>Think this is legitimately one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had
>constant stream of DLC
>An actual, full expansion pack
>ME2 comes out and is loved as well
>Wondering where Bioware can go from here
>DA2 gets announced
>The more that's revealed, the more I realize it's shit
>mfw I try to like DA2 despite its flaws
>mfw Inquisition is shit baked into a nice cake shape
>mfw ME3 and Andromeda
>mfw Anthem
>mfw legit good DA4 died to be replaced with Anthem 2

Attached: a4ee7dc6a4b6b44a5dc72c5007658105.png (576x509, 679K)

give me your seed

Attached: 1531206735285.jpg (600x800, 255K)

>Anthem 2
jej
ea is going to dump the studio behind anthem and force the a team working on da4 to cram games as a service bullshit in

To me it was. I loved Dragon Age Origins as kinda a throwback to a lot of old RPG games with a lot of modern conveniences and features, and I was perfectly happy with Mass Effect being it's own thing and having it's own fun. I will never forgive Bioware for just flipping the table on everything I loved the Origins did and saying "Fuck it, we're just 1 to 1 make it's sequels Mass Effect with a different setting!"

If you liked Inquisition, you should also like Andromeda.

You forgot
>awaiting kotor 3
>they just make a money farm MMO that keeps going for years, encouraging other developers to delay single-player titles in favor of microtransaction farming like ESO and Fallout 76

Bhelen or Harrowmont?

Bhelen, reluctantly.

Bhelen if you want dorfs to prosper. He actually knows what he's doing.
If you don't, then you're a faggot and might as well side with Faggotmont.

>

Attached: latest[1].png (968x968, 1.2M)

>Anthem 2
wtf they're making a 2nd one? I can understand Destiny getting a sequel since it was alright. But didn't Anthem flop really fucking hard? Like so hard it was a "lets pretend this didn't happen and move on" sort of thing?

Bhelen
He's a piece of shit but ultimately the more effective leader

Brolen obviously

>da2
>gives you multiple opportunities to flirt with aveline
>no dice, whole questline dedicated to hooking her up with some retard
they got me again. doctor chocolates, wynne, now this shit.

Attached: 1504797970554.jpg (480x480, 28K)

TOR turned out half decent over time though. Its worth downloading for the operative story

>not wanting to have cookies on the roof with your bestie while you discuss how to take down the bourgeoisie

In my recent playthrough I was a dwarf noble, sided with harrowmont, gave branka the anvil, and cut bhelens head off after giving the crown to harrowmont. Fuck that bitch

bhelen while a massive asshole is the better choice as he will give the dwarfs a viable future.
harrowmont is so useless he dies from stress shortly after being made king, and the dwarf kingdom falls to chaos and infighting

Name a good female romance in inquisition
you can't

Cassandra.

A whole new solar system could be populated with the seeds I have given her already if you know what I mean

inb4 facefag from the last thread posts his ear diagrams

Good. Dwarves deserve annihilation. Fucking manlet freaks.

Seriously. I was expecting a lawful good that would go against everything I try to do out of principle, and then she ends up being super cool most of the time I want to go loud. She was maybe a little hard to read sometimes, but I was still thinking I could go for it (on another playthrough that I wasn't already devoted to Merril on perhaps), but nah.

What's so wrong with Josephine?

Bhelen is actually based if you aren't a moralfag, he gets shit done at the very least

>Josephine
I really enjoyed her romance with my F!Trevelyan.

It is poetic justice that his pride allowed teh blight to flourish so his death ends it.
Well, kind of ends it. Makes it die down a wee bit anyway.

Are you another retard that thought Loghain retreating was a bad move?

>not fucking both and breeding morrigan at the end
user pls

or it was the pointless civil war and blaming the only people who could stop it based retard

The civil war was going to happen anyway since it was a direct result of him retreating, the only thing he primarily fucked up on was going out of his way to try and frame the Grey Wardens for Cailans death.

it's kind of a retarded choice really, Bioware made it so that Bhelen is objectively the better option of the two

it's actually pretty based of them because you won't know that until after you've played
the game makes you think harrowmont is the better choice but he's shit
good on bioware i say

Leliana is for for threesome thurdays with the Inquisitor and Josephine AKA Best girl of Cisquisition

>Red Heads

Attached: 1567609325233.jpg (718x989, 191K)

Nah actually i really hate how in modern RPGs every single option has to be 100% "equal".

because

Attached: 1567936498584.jpg (1200x1047, 336K)

Fuck I wanna eat your seed.

Me3

What's the problem with that?

I've never played dragon's age is it an arpg?

>tfw dwarfu for your dwarf

Attached: Sigrun.png (509x476, 320K)

>taking a literal whore as waifu

Morrigan is also a whore who even mentions that Flemmeth told her, when she was young, that she was to find men and bed them when she comes of age.

She was too good for this series.

the only good romance in inquisition is healed Cullen and elf mage inquisitor

Flemeth was still the one l fucking people to death for benefit, also Lel wasn't forced by a psychotic mother

This. I happen to like when the "good" choice winds up causing actual trouble down the line. Too often it's impossible to do any real harm as a good guy; when that's never been the case in reality.

Attached: 1470449905797.png (277x228, 65K)

>anarchists
>taking down the bourgeoisie ever

I absolutely love Cullen with an elf mage inquisitor but I disagree that that is the only good romance.

>her Dalish vows at their wedding
muh heart

didn't play past origins, is bioware still doing the "omg where all different races, let's mention it every 4 dialogue lines" thing?

>Leliana teasing Cullen in the war room
>Cullen:"Inquisitor, we were-"
>Leliana: "Eagerly awaiting your presence - some of us more than others."
the purest

>omg where all different races, let's mention it every 4 dialogue lines
What the fuck does that even mean?

Swamp rat does anal.

She still did it.

>get to the ashes of andraste or whatever quest
>Leliana gets turbo triggered with my choice at the end of the quest
>literally goes hostile and I have to put her down
>never cared about her before but now get the feels
>reload game and pick other option as I didnt really care that much about that choice in particular
>end up romancing Leliana instead of Morigan as I originally intended

Also seeing their argue over my dick was hilarious.

Technically a three-way with her and spiritbro

Friendly reminder that morrigan probably fucked wolves while shapeshifting and specifically mentions that she routinely shuck out at night to shapeshift and interact with the local wildlife.

hot

>good
it was the last "okay" bioware game

>Defiling the prophets ashes
Not surprising she tried to murder your heathen ass.

Origins was good and is easily better than almost every single JRPG ever made, and it isn't even the best WRPG.

>his sturdy desk
>her helping him through his lyrium withdrawl
>the coin scene
>"Maker forgive me, I must send you to him"
They had some of the best moments. You guys are making me want to reinstall the game.

>shattering combos are stupid strong
>game somehow lacks a tactic to account for them despite the game being all about your tactics setups
Why

>kill Leliana
I fixed the only choice that matters.

>No source
She said it was expected of her eventually not that she gave in to that

COLD TENT BAD
WARDEN SEED GOOD

Attached: 8674.png (900x900, 553K)

Is Morrigan of age in Origins?

l-lewd

Attached: cold tent.png (1867x343, 20K)

>Literally just ignoring my post
kek

It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I was just picking the evilest choices.
Got surprised cuz I wasnt expecting to have to kill her, but I'm glad I did cuz that was a pretty memorable moment.

I liked her before Gaider began harassing players who were upset she was being shoved into Inquisition even if she was fucking dead

>he thinks he can kill the risen Andraste

Attached: 1541221687606.gif (245x165, 2.03M)

She only wanted to save her city from satanic Blood Mages, what a hero. She will be missed.

If you didn't play a mage Hawke and annul the Circle you're playing the game wrong

Attached: DidNothingWrong.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

That's not how you spell Awakening

Fuck off faggots.
Yeah the last recent Bioware game was decent was either Origins or Mass Effect 2

FemHawke blood mage rivalmancing Anders and siding with the Templars is the only way to play DA2

Fuck the Templars, they're just bullying the Circle, pressuring the mages to blame them for the slightest misstep.

Answer the question. Is she of age in Origins?

>Alistair is the most closeted faggot character ever and he craves Duncan's cock and constantly cries about it
>Morrigan disapproves because that's how sexually challenged David Gaider sees every relationship with every woman in his life
>Leliana sings while she should be keeping her dumb mouth shut
>Oghren is an alcoholic dwarf, that's a concept never before seen in fantasy
>Sten is just a plain cunt and leaving him to rot in his cage would rid me of his horrible dialogue choices that could never be explained through Hegelian dialectic
>Wynne needs to die to make this game less insufferable
>Zevran is just a plain faggot, wow so progressive such character depth
>Shale actually costs money if you bought this piece of shit at the release
>and the only dog is just a dog which makes him mediocre, congrats bioware

Let me also add
>shit single player MMO gameplay mechanics
>clunky mechanics in combat which is mostly shit btw
>absolutely abysmal writing across the board
>terrible and uninspiring story
>useless tactics
>horrible path finding gets party stuck in an open field with a single fucking rock
>the worst level and dungeon design I have ever fucking seen in any RPG since the days of Amiga 500
>and while speaking of Amiga 500, the graphics of DAO looks like something you could run with 512KB of RAM because it's all brown and shit everywhere
>shit visual design
>shit engine and technology

So, why did I play it? All the way to end? I just wanted to see how full of shit you actually are Yea Forums. Jesus Christ you people are irredeemably retarded. How do you allow yourself to play shit like this, love it and make countless threads about it? How do you fucking live with yourselves? Are you just fucking BioWare shills? I sure hope so. I will never listen to your advice on any game ever. I'll go play a better RPG trying to forget this complete trash. That would probably be any RPG ever made.

Attached: bugs.jpg (529x399, 26K)

Prince Consort Cousland with Loghain surviving thanks to the OGB was my favorite ending.

He even cameo'd in Awakening...

>tfw went through Inquisition as the biggest Andraste shill and always drank the religious kool-aid
>ending just shits on me
o-ok

That's what you deserve for being a religious nutcase.

none, this is the best ending

you don't deserve Leli if you even dared fuck with Andraste

>mfw male human atheist inquisitor that banged cassandra and made her the divine
>basically sisko if he fucked kira

>Benevolent autocrat who can come off as an asshole ends up being the more capable ruler, including Bhelen and Anora

>Inquisition tries to trick you with this again assuming players will defend the Empress, but anyone who's been following her actions since Return to Ostagar knows she's a fucking snake.

>More players end up going with Briala or Gaspard just to spite Bioware's shitty writing cliches/narrative preferences

Inquisition wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either

>Lelianafags
Is it possible to have worse taste?

These threads are rare so might as well post the one webm I have.

Attached: morrigan leliana catfight.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Yes you mong, doesn't mean she did what Flemeth expected of her, does it? Accept that your waifu is the only whore companion in the game

Lmao Lel is so easily triggered

I don't remember Origins looking this much like plastic.

Was there a single mage who didn't immediately turn to blood magic when they had the chance?

>you don't deserve Leli if you even dared fuck with Andraste
QFT!

The video is really good so you can hear the voice acting.

Whoever made this is using mods.

What is the "official" logo of the Grey Wardens? I have seen like 10 versions now

Anders may be an abomination possessed by a demon but he never used blood magic.

There are several. Here is one.

Attached: 1546957670737.png (350x350, 72K)

I liked DA2 Cullen back when he was honest to Hawke about hating mages.

The whitewashing his character goes through by Inquisition is disgusting.

Based Anthem killed Bioware from making another shitty DA4 sequel

How do people even solo the game on Nightmare? I'm already having a hard time with a full party.

You think the Morrigan who ultimately couldn't even say no to Flemmeth sending her to her likely death on a country spanning road trip that could have also ended up with her getting tainted by the Darkspawn didn't also fuck the men that Flemmeth told her she would when she was growing up? Morrigan was wrapped around Flemmeth's finger, even if she didn't like it much and was aware of it. She's not a virgin. Morrigan even helped Flemmeth kill people when she was just a kid, and you think she didn't have the sex her mother told her she would have??? If Flemmeth says "Jump", Morrigan says "How high?". She's a whore, dude. It's time to accept it. The game doesn't need to blatantly say "Morrigan fucked other men" for it to be the case.

Is DA2 worth a play?

>Not bullying mages to keep them in line and respect proper, Templar authority
>Not tranquilizing a shitter like Orsino

Most mages aren't people, user. It's our divine right to dominate them

What about DA2?

Attached: 1366070200230.png (480x323, 7K)

>Forcing Anders and Merrill to annul the Circle with you

What an amazing conclusion to rivalmancing.

Sorry but she is wrong. Someone that tells Leliana he loves her is probably secretly thinking about men.

1. Be S+S Champion
2. Don't not be a S+S Champion
Alternatively, play through the game once on normal and pick up all the top tier schematics and then when you start your nightmare run use the golden nug to have god tier equipment at the start of the game. T4 schematics, even with basic materials, make the game a breeze.

You can make as many assumptions as you want, but end of the day that will always be only your headcanon because you can't tolerate Morrigan being better than your nutcase waifu.

Oh the mental gymnastics

DA4 live service is what I meant by Anthem 2.

Morrigan got a DLC
she's the true route

>Roleplaying a Tal-Vashoth with a pathological hatred of the Qunari
>Farming disapproval with Bull like a motherfucker

Was a fun game.

>Blasting the DA:O soundtrack right now while playan gayms
How is it so fucking good

Attached: 8795.jpg (540x540, 51K)

>What is Leliana's Song?

Morrigan is a fucking cunt that deserves nothing. Leliana is a far better person and I can actually tolerate a conversation with her. Anyone who picks Morrigan over Leliana is a deluded ass.

[Morrigan disapproves: -15]

Inon Zur.

Based.

I don't understand the Morrigan disapproves meme
Even while playing as a mostly goody two shoes Warden I never had a problem romancing her

No arguments, as expected. Typical of swamp rat lovers.

Hello there.
[Morrigan disapproves: -5]

fanfic
Morrigan is the far better person because she is upfront with not being an angel while Lel is showing you nothing but a charade

Mage Origin playthrough + DA2 was great. It felt like a legit sequel rather than a spinoff

It was more fun than DAI and I enjoyed the faster combat in 2. Yeah mostly

So did Leliana.

Why Mage Origin? Because that way the Warden is your cousin?

Idk, man. I was getting disapproval from her pretty constantly.
I understand the idea behind her mindset, but she's too shortsighted, and not being able to make your point to her is annoying.

>Love is common
Imagine the mindset of a lelcuck, I for one can't

>want to play City Elf to be an edgy fuck that is angry about humans
>but hate not playing Mage
Fug.

Romancing Morrigan is easy. Even if she disagrees with you on every occasion you can simply shower her with cheap jewelry.

DA:Origins > Mass Effect > ME3 > ME2(Under 3 despite the shit ending because gameplay is the worst of the 3, switch them if you want) >>>>> DA:Inquisition >>>>> shit >>>>> DA2 > Andromeda

>Cheating
Gifts were a mistake, even the base game ones

Because gifts exist. If they didn't hardly anyone would have romanced her. Morrigan goes out of her way to bitch about everything. One potential quest is to go to Redcliffe, and the militia there is under supplied and the only way to fix it is to convince the blacksmith there that the Warden will help him. All of this is to try and gather forces against the Blight, but then Morrigan just starts fucking bitching about having to do it. Don't even get me started on the mages circle. At least high cunning lets you shut her up when she starts bitching so that her relationship meter doesn't go down.

Tell me about yourself.
"No."
Sten approves: +2

Neither. Dwarf Noble as King.

Lol no it's about babysitting farmers with shit in their pants to fight undead that are unrelated to the blight

From a roleplaying aspect, that's definitely a part. The game has multiple times to acknowledge the importance of a mage from DA:O, and considering the game concludes with the fall of Kirkwall's Circle, it feels thematically consistent.

Andraste was a slave whore and the Tevinter Imperium did nothing wrong

Facts

Sure thing, Morfag. Care to explain the Circle, then?

Sounds nice. You need to grab it from EA's store, no?

Should be. After all these years I'd imagine the game sells for dirt cheap

Yeah but they still ask full price for the DLC. Fuck EA. Just pirate it imo.

Maferath martyring Andraste was the only reason the south secure its independence. Also her sister was likely an abomination and she may have been a mage as well.

>origin rankings
Noble Human > Mage > City Elf > Dwarves >>>>>> forest elf

Attached: LOGHAIN.jpg (372x411, 47K)

This.

You DID fuck the desire demon right Yea Forums?

no, vile she demon with her titty magic

No time for sex when you can get free power.

>playing a Mage

Kill it and Connor.

>saving the kid

clearly they just ripped off Imoen from Baldurs Gate

But Imoen is just a good girl...and then BG2 happens and she’s sad

>not coming in, talking shit to the kid, then telling the arlessa to fuck off and killing the little bastard
What are you doing?

You were a fool. Dragon Age was great, but there were already warning signs with the DLC salesman in your camp. I knew they were dead when they went with EA, nobody with long term planning would make such a deal, the owners were already probably planning on selling out and quitting.

>being an edgy teen

City Elf > Dwarf Noble > Dwarf Commoner > Human Noble > Human Mage > Elf Mage

>Reject ginger
>Reject witch
>Reject midget
>Reject hag
>Reject queer mage
>Reject half nigger
>Reject rock monster
>Keep dog.
Story becomes a tale of a man and his loyal pet saving the world.

Killing Connor has nothing to do with edge.

We can't take any chances by sending a single person to the Fade to kill a demon we are told is quite powerful and the arlessa is not of sound judgement at the moment. Best you can do is be firm with her.

>Killing Eamon's kid and Alistair for shits and giggles

Was fun. Also what the fuck happened to Teagan in Inquisition

Yes, Inquisitionfags are delusional, that game is a 7/10 at best. Most of the characters are garbage and feel like tumbler designed them, and gameplay wise it had some neat ideas, like getting a base you can upgrade or managing diplomacy, but most of them feel half-finished at best. Most of the game feels like an offline MMO. The piece of shit managed to crash 3 times on the cinematic outer. I had to reload my game 3 times just to view the credits.

Your mother for Hawke is an Amell and she does say her cousin's son/daughter is the HoF.

>7/10
>bad

I never said it did.

You should play Greedfall. It's a little janky, but has all the hallmarks of a good Bioware game.

What to do with the anvil was a tough call tbqh. If there'd been a way to salvage the anvil but kill Branka I probably could have been persuaded to keep it, even if I had to kill best girl Shale, but leaving an artifact capable of shitting out walking tanks immune to magic in the hands of an insane femcel with political immunity is far too great a risk

Is the expanded level cap from Awakening effective in Origins or is it only when you reach the expansion?
Can you do the other minor DLCs in Awakening?

At best, dumb fuck.

BioWare only really started working on the final build for the game in the last year and it shows.

With my weewee, so hard
And her tent, so cold
A 5, I rolled
You retard

Dunno about level cap. But Awakening is its own separate campaign, at the menu you choose a save to import your character into it, unless you want to try out the orlesian grey warden origin.

You mean this five?

Attached: 1525970703380.png (555x555, 192K)

>It's a little janky, but has all the hallmarks of a good Bioware game.
All BW games are janky so I guess it's quite literally a BW game

Attached: Subaru_CharMug.png (334x360, 214K)

Outstanding...

Attached: 1564336802438.gif (300x192, 862K)

Attached: 1562385246496.jpg (552x690, 82K)

Treat the expansion like a separate gaem, Origins dlc is only doable in Origins and the increased level cap doesn't unlock until Awakening since the feats you get with it are fucktardedly overpowered. There's mods for Origins that increase the level cap, give more shit per level, and add items that let you get feats/attributes/stats etc. though.

The Veil is opening...

Attached: 1523575032630.png (256x256, 105K)

Ah, gotcha. I was looking into leaving a meaty import with the most stuff available for the sake of replaying, but then I guess I don't need to worry.

>tfw Big brother Hawke says your hair is nice today

Attached: sexy_bethany_by_gothicgamerxiv-d9kdvc5.jpg (1288x1052, 633K)

You’re on drugs. It was a streamlined rpg without much depth. The early final fantasies had deeper gameplay. Quit fucking with me

>The early final fantasies had deeper gameplay.
Have you played either series?

Reminder that Varic made Bethany's mammaries bigger at the beginning of his story.

Attached: Varic.jpg (1001x1072, 155K)

Bethany was such a great character. I really wanted to see her make a comeback as Hawke's warden friend in DAI (provided you made the choices that had her be in the Wardens). Would have been interesting to have to choose between Hawke and their sibling.

>Cassandra had to stand there and listen to Varric describing the Hawke sisters' massive tits
Based dwarf!

ebin simply ebin

Attached: 1567973315432.jpg (560x560, 33K)

Yes and I’m dead serious. What exactly did you like about Origins? Maybe I’m old and jaded but it was mediocre at best.

Inquisitor: "tell me everything"
Varic: "Okay, so me and this human dude were rescuing his sister, she had big ole' tiddies.... We're talking massive.... Like she stole two obese nugs and stuffed them down the front of her shirt... They giggled like bags of sand in a landslide.... By Thangruls hammer those tiddies were amazing"

>the warden lies unconscious on the keep floor
>surrounded by Jowan, Teagan, Isolde, Warden's party and numerous keep guards
>the room is dead quiet, everyone is holding their breath waiting for him to stir and come to his senses, to tell them the demon has been banished
>he starts moaning and cums in his breeches

Attached: 1512866044469.jpg (1425x1416, 147K)

Attached: 1563816583625.jpg (778x512, 59K)

>The sex scenes being included means that Cassandra had to hear about Hawke scissoring and holding hands and subconsciously starts pressing her legs together as her armor seems to get hot and uncomfortable

If DA:O was able to get an A rating, I think that would have happen.

>Warden never clarifies what happened
>Isolde lives the rest of her life thinking the Warden fucked her son out of possession

Playing with a couple of mages and doing combos was fun for me.
Setting up a grease trail with one for the other to set ablaze. Blasting everyone with a paralysis trap through combining opposing sigils. Stuff like that.

>now now user, eat all your dinner or you won't get the peg before bedtime tonight

Attached: 1567358293725.png (782x956, 802K)

That would be gold, and we'll never have it.

Not only are Bioware trying to drum up hype for a game nobody is looking forward to, they're doing it by posting one of the worst characters from the series.
Pathetic.

Attached: 1551614861481.gif (500x286, 889K)

>if you like origins you must like the current state of bioware
Anyone looking forward to DA4 must have some serious fucking Stockholm syndrome.

Attached: 1176-1-1328144372.jpg (1680x1050, 334K)

I have a certain curiosity about how hard will they fuck up DA4, honestly.

Yeah, Sorry.

Attached: AroundElves.jpg (490x490, 36K)

>the unbelievable drop of quality between origins and 2
what the fuck happened bros? Why didn' we get a propper sequel?

Attached: 1472362332747.jpg (2193x2617, 406K)

>Be confronted with literal proof that God came to earth
>Still defile the ashes

I wish the game let you make the choice with the ashes at the start of the dungeon and then later revealed that they were the real deal

Attached: 1524139744103.png (700x700, 652K)

tldr; da2 was absurdly rushed
somehting like 12 to 14 months iirc

The Bioware magic, they call it.

>She would roleplay as a slutty nun whenever the warden asks for it

Attached: 1522440763657.jpg (400x330, 35K)

Morrigans voice and speech pattern is sexy as fuck

Yes!!

Attached: 1543419556641.jpg (213x264, 19K)

So that's why she's the best DAO girl.

Attached: 1418940248780.png (900x1264, 664K)

Fighter Warden
>Based
>Probably sword and board
>Doesn't understand the crafting system and doesn't care
>Will get mauled by a fucking dragon and get back up
>Playing as a tank allows you to viably run all 3 girls in your party; Wynne bakes you cookies with Lel and Mor catfight over the D

Rogue Warden
>OCD as fuck
>Only chose this because they hate going through the opening and getting cucked with locked chests
>Tosses gems and jewelry to make room for another clawtrap
>Get pleasantly surprised because you forgot Fatboy Slim's questline exists
>Contribute 75% of your party's damage because of retarded attack speed steroid
>Stop playing after 15 hours because backstab isn't a great mechanic

Mage Wardens
>Watches every single seasonal Isekai unironically
>Hasn't showered in 3 days
>Desperately wants to feel special to offset the crushing loneliness
>Hates getting unfairly focused by enemies but will single handedly win entire encounters
>Plays rpgs 'for the combat'

Attached: 1522650017039.png (375x375, 211K)

I'd just prefer Weekes writes a sequel novel in Tevinter. Considering the quality of TME verses the mediocrity of DAI, it's clear where the effort was.

>>no Scout Harding romance
Most likely was gonna be a thing in DA4. Nevermind that Bioware will die before it comes out.

I never understood why so many people liked Harding anyway. She sounds pretty much exactly the same as Liara and it's just so off-putting.

>Nevermind that Bioware will die before it comes out.
They won't.

that is fucking disgusting actually reported

Attached: 1533854817906.gif (300x242, 740K)

Low test as fug, my boy.

>Waaah no Wynne romance

Calm down Zevran

Attached: 1519382914833.jpg (476x399, 69K)

Get fucked. There are tons of boards for you to post that disgusting shit. This isn't one of them.

I think many people expected Varric to return in a cameo role, possibly alongside Hawke for the Warden missions.

I don't think anyone expected Bioware to bring Varric back, and make him SO MUCH WORSE than his characterization in 2. Same issue with Leliana and Cullen

For someone who enjoyed the Origins, any recommendations on which books to read from the series?

Wanna bet? DA4's announcement was clearly Bioware trying to prove that they're still relevant - but I don't think any of that will matter given how poorly Anthem did.

Attached: 1419914738639.jpg (1920x1080, 629K)

what is this series is it like skyrim? can someone redpill me on origins

The Stolen Throne and The Calling

>More people care about Elf Hitler and the Chantry Bomber than the stupid fucking Anthem meme
Why did Bioware think moving effort away from DA/ME was a good idea?

Its more party and character focused, more like dnd. The main story is way better and player choices are good

For me it's Wynne.

Based and Wynne pilled.

>more like dnd
i havent played DND but i have been interested in getting started so this game seems like a good choice whats the combat like?

loot shooters are popular and easier to monetize than a single player story focused rpg

>start combat
>pause
>issue orders to your squad
>unpause to let it play out
>pause again
>issue orders
>repeat
Tactical. There is also a lot of micromanagement on higher difficulties.

Firm bosoms

Kinda clunky but fun. Microing your party is cool but combat flow isnt the greatest. The main attraction is the story and quests

Getting bought out by EA and having staff replaced until there was no room for fun

>that guy in the DA2 bar who was convinced the Blight was a Ferelden false flag to send its undesirables to Kirkwall as refugees because it only lasted a year and nobody outside of Ferelden saw the archdemon

Attached: 1568054046526.png (432x432, 175K)

would it be wrong to compare the gameplay to fire emblem? thats kinda what it sounds like to me but im interested nonetheless

are dragon age 2 and inquisition the same playstyle?

I can't think of another game that captured the charm of Origins. The conversations between companions were always interesting and entertaining. The tactical combat is what also made the game great.

Who is the best leader of the Orlesian Empire?

Emperor Gaspard, the Empress of Fire, or the opportunistic knife ear who's only claim to power is leaching off of the Inquisition?

>The conversations between companions were always interesting and entertaining.
Will any vidya ever surpass the Camp theme? Just thinking of the camp, that track and chatting with companions makes me want to reinstall.

Was DA2 secretly redpilled?

What's your favorite rpg

Dyke Empress until you let her get killed then you can choose based Gaspard or elf lesbo to be leader.

I dunno, I haven't played Fire Emblem. Sorry.

>are dragon age 2 and inquisition the same playstyle
No. DA2 is more action oriented and DAI is a strange combination of the two.

Did Varric have a thing for Bethany? Because my own Hawke would have been totally fine having Varric as a brother-in-law.

>DA2 is more action oriented and DAI
how do you rate all the DA games?

Briala pulling Gaspard's strings is the best outcome for based elves and thus all of Thedas.

Varric is just a shameless flirt. He's just teasing you and the others.
He was planned to be a romance option shown at the end but got scrapped. Fuck you Bioware.

The Hanged Man's banter was the best. Also:

>"The craziest thing. Apparently, the pigeon population has taken a nose dive in Ferelden. Weird, huh. What kind of sick individual preys on those innocent things?"

Barring the rushed ending, DA2 had so many low key references to Origins and Awakening it was fantastic.

In contrast, DAI always felt more.....disconnected from DA2 and Origins, which is strange.

I mean you could easily make an argument for it, but it doesn't really count since it was undoubtedly entirely by accident and had Day 1 dlc, which is the most bluepilled thing in vidya

Origins is the best followed by 2 and then Inquisition.
Imo:
>Origins is 9/10
>2 is 6/10
>DAI is 5/10
They're all worth at least one playthough but Origins is the one that I come back to the most. Though I will say the last DLC for Inquisition was probably some of the best story content that BioWare has ever produced.

inquisition is like da2 but with some shitty attempts to make it more action-y. they also tried to cram the tactical camera back in but it's garbage and controls nothing like the one in origins.

Tfw i missed her on my first playthrough

>Origins is 9/10
>2 is 6/10
Talk about a drop in quality.

no, that was sonic chronicles: the dark brotherhood

Why hasn't someone made an Indy rip off of DAO? the combats not that hard to copy and you know surely someone can write better then bioware.

Should I buy greedfall?

I never understood this. Why would you not go in every building you could in an RPG? Morrigan even specifically mentions the tavern.

Tis unfortunate. To be fair they made the game in like 16 months or something. It shows.

>>Origins is 9/10
is 6/10
>>DAI is 5/10
damn well ill start origins when the torrent finishes but im not excited about these other ones

>By Trespasser Solas yeeted off with the Eluvians and the Orlesian nobility aren't even pretending that Gaspard is in power.

She super dead, or at least politically impotent going forward.

I think some of the low-tier writers who were in charge of npc banter knew the game was a dumpster fire and had fun with it
>In Origins and Awakening, mages were rare and could fuck you up
>In 2 you mow down dozens of them at once
>Alex Jones npc obliquely addresses the gameplay disconnect by theorizing that blood mages were putting Lyrium in the water to make it easier to possess people

I just forgot to check it, I think it was the only place I never entered
I was super confused when I played her dlc too

Just go into the sequels with tempered expectations and I think you'll enjoy them well enough. I hope you like them.

>I was super confused when I played her dlc too
kek
I can imagine.

If only DAI have hot white girls to romance, it could have sold 10 mil.

Attached: images (12).jpg (464x661, 36K)

>they deleted the 5 get
>but nothing else
What the fug

>Though I will say the last DLC for Inquisition was probably some of the best story content that BioWare has ever produced.
No way. It shines compared to the rest of DAI, and I'm glad they got to go wild with what might be the final piece of DA content ever, but the gameplay and charactes still hold it back.

you don't like greasy lesbian goblina elves?

What's it called? I want to give it a look if it is that good.

begone cuck poster

Attached: 1530938283487.png (700x700, 857K)

I agree with you about the gameplay but I really dug the elven lore.

>half-elf with dragon blood running through his veins
>looks completely human
What did Bioware mean by this?

Attached: 2j4378o.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>can grow facial hair
It's all a lie

Trespasser. But you can't play it until you've beaten Inquisition's main quest.

Also don't look up anything having to do with it or you'll spoil yourself on DA:I.

>wake up
>see this
What do?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x266, 21K)

well i have a new trilogy to play hopefully ill complete these games soon

Thanks.

Snail whore or wetland skank?

Attached: 1556561722956.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>Everything about Kirkwall being a Hellmouth, including two contradictory in-game theories (Enigma of Kirkwall and the Legacy DLC)
>Act 3's companion quest for Varric being a fucking SPOOPY HAUNTED HOUSE which explains how thin the veil is in the city

I appreciate *someone* trying to make fun of what a trainwreck the game was lol

thicker blanket

Hope you enjoy them user.

Think about my dead wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=S85rJ_mx7bY
the true patrician choice

I liked the art style of Origins but really disliked DA2's art style. It was even a disappointment for some of the developers at the time. Attacks with the two handed swords felt great in a visceral way.

>be Carver
>be living in a house full of magic while you don't have any
>father is a badass mage and swordsman
>mother is poise and graceful even in the poorest of conditions
>twin sister and big sister are mages doted on by father who sometimes teaches you swordplay
>dad dies and now you're the only man in a house of titty monsters
>the other villagers call your home the "titty shack"
>get into fights when guys name-call your family
>big sister steps in and beats them up for you
>tfw everyone in the family and the village love your sister while forgetting about you
>even Peaches
Carver had a hard upbringing

Attached: Carver.jpg (853x934, 130K)

>didn't realize sibling was tied to your class
>got stuck with carver instead of titty monster sister

Attached: 1564021682875.jpg (919x720, 136K)

>tfw Carver's entire character is just him being mad about getting stuck in a bad game
I like Beth and all, but Carver was far more fun.

Warden Carver and mage FemHawke reconciling at the end of DA2 was such a nice moment

It's semi explained that every mage went crazy because of all the experiments with demons Tiventer mages did in the area permanently weakened the veil.

Earning is friendship was touch as fuck but rewarding as well.

I can't decide which finale I like better for Carver----the ending where Hawke sides with him and the Templars, or where Hawke sides with the mages and Carver defends Hawke, in the end. Either way it was a great conclusion to his character.

It's "worth it" if you keep in mind the context it was developed in. EA made bioware make the game in ten months so it's really surprising how well it turned out. Originally bioware had wanted to do a second expansion to DAO but EA said expansions were stupid so they were forced to scrap it and make DA2.

I think if you can enjoy the good aspects of DA2 and appreciate what it could've been its worth it. That being said every time I've tried to replay it since legacy I've given up half way through. It's something that's better in retrospect maybe.

>yfw Hawke and Bethany would smoother him in their breasts as joke and he would get worked up Why are girls so cruel, Yea Forums?

So continue your story in Dreadwolf as a disillusioned former devoted

I honestly enjoyed Trespasser, it felt more like Origins with the set-up being a callback to Witch Hunt and it's an interesting place for the series to die, especially considering how much the DLCs shit all over the elves. Great OST too, just a shame that we're never going to see Tevinter done well or probably at all at this rate.
youtube.com/watch?v=fs2r55kkobQ

i don't follow

well is he right Yea Forums?

Attached: DAI.jpg (1226x751, 409K)

>Tumblr designed them
my #1 reason I love that game. I missed the titty armors, and was seriously annoyed that EVERY female character had a skirt covering her butt... but the characters were so interesting and funny that I got over it. Most of the companion stories were excellent, and a lot of the emotional scenes had some weight.

Yeah, the gameplay was dull, and that one desert area was a fucking waste of time, and the cinematics glitched shamefully, but the game was stuffed with beautiful little touches that I enjoyed exploring every corner. Seriously, I would go to the forest area and just wander around, killing monsters, just soaking in the stunning beauty.

Comfy 8/10

how fat is he nowadays?

Fuck that. Double down on your beliefs and be resentful. Finish your story in derangement.

Requiescat in pace Bioware of old!

Varric was one of the few good things in 2, along with the personality system and a couple other characters that don't include mangy elves.
They did my boy dirty in Inquisition, though Leliana being a writer's deus ex machina and lyrium ghost in one is arguably worse.

Does anyone have that webm of the Inquisitor running in on the assassin and kicking it out the window?

I like this song a lot but am too stupid to spoiler correctly

Fallout 4

Why is this game such a chore to mod

Because Frostbite.

>replaying BGI through TOB
>Irenicus speech about Ellesime
>Sarevok manipulating you into reviving him
Goddamn it, what a fucking waste. Orlais felt so shallow in comparison.
Ctrl+S whilst highlighting something user.

I don't get it

>Ctrl+S whilst highlighting something user.
Nice. Thanks.

I remember my under wear getting tighter for some reason back then when I saw that scene.

>annoying religious whore(literally) who worships piles of ash
vs
>sarcastic qt 3.14 who goes her own way and makes her own luck

I really don't see how anyone would choose leliana

>make a DLC to test the player's knowledge of combat in the game because community said it was too easy.
The difficulty spike was fucking real.

Attached: Harvester_golem.png (537x572, 382K)

>two games later the swamp person becomes top mom while the religious nutcase becomes an edgy ass
All the confirmation I needed for Morrigan being best girl.

It depends what you like, fair and sweet or dark and cynical.

I love Leli's beautiful ass...

I would, Morrigan is a wastrel that seeks to undermine every good thing you do throughout the game and has the gall to still hide secrets from you after literally "slaying" a dragon for her freedom.
Morrigan a shit, Leliana's greatest fault was that she trusted someone that she thought could help her become better and paid a heavy price that she repents for everyday.
Leliana's story in Origins may not be as grand as fighting the Witch of the Wild but it actually shows depth of a character's internal conflict.

Is there a futa mod for the main character haha wouldnt that be funny

There is and it isn't funny.

weird cope but okay.

Your opinion is shit and so are you.

Woah thankies I found it!

Howe did not deserve to live, so why would Loghain?

Because he can be the throwaway to the Archdemon if you decide to not bang Morrigan for OWB

Alistair deserves his revenge as much as the Human Noble deserves their revenge on Howe

Hmm, true, however, you as the player are far more important than Alistair, and can tell Alistair to go fuck himself like the goober that he is, which Alistair appropriately does.

Attached: Tent_cold.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

Seeing those options still make me cackle. Truly, this is the peak of Bioware dialog options.

Alistair was shit and deserved execution by Sweet Anora

Based and redpilled.

Fuck Alistair, long live the rightful Queen.

Cailan>Anora

The one thing I never beat in that game. Literally just gave up. Managed one way or another on the highest difficulty on everything else, nightmare I think, and it was a blast even when you struggled on parts, but could not beat this shit. I'll have to replay the whole thing one day.

The way how I beat is literally utilizing the Bronto aggro as you whittle it away.
The first phase should be easy using that, the second is almost pure luck on how those skeletons just don't fuck you.

Attached: 1537382511181.png (600x550, 368K)

As stupid as it was, I tried to be a neutral party in DA2, tried to get the mages and the templars to work something out between each other so that everyone would stop being fucking retarded.
>Anders kills that one priest lady
>leader of the mages uses blood magic

Fuck mages dude, never again

Attached: b2d.png (424x470, 139K)

The point is that mages never fucking learn and they need to be kept in their timeout tower so they don't ruin things for everybody

>for every mage I saved other two had to fuck something up
they wouldn't listen

It's been forever, but yeah, think it was the second phase I couldn't get past, when the mob was literally all boss-tier enemies.

The Circle's corruption vindicated everything Meredith was warning about

It was like every other second someone was using blood magic and ruining my chances at making this shit work
>Try and save those mages in the cave
>lol were back and we are here to kill you even though you saved us"
fucking dicks

Its too bad Wynne was off helping Shale, I feel like she would have handled all the fuckery

>Anders fangirl manipulates Wynne into explicitly siding against the Templars and backing the soon-to-be Rebel Mages with a false flag meant to implicate the Templars
>Conflict escalates, eventually claiming Wynne's life

Bioware had to kill so many memorable characters and have the survivors (Fiona) hold the idiot ball in order to justify this stupid fucking Mage-Templar war, which the game itself hastily resolves and barely mentions again until the epilogue. I wish they handled the timeskip between 2 and DAI better

>Played the game when I was a kid
>Always saved the circle given the chance
>Replayed it as an adult
>Annulment is objectively the correct choice given the circumstances; if there's even the SLIGHTEST hint that mages could be going coocoo then you need to shut that shit down HARD. Imagine if Uldred bided his time and there was a conclave of mages who tried to take over during the already chaotic landsmeet

The only real reason I'd consider not cleaning house is for metagame reasons

Attached: 1524316078565.gif (171x172, 962K)

>It's literally the end of the world, Darkspawn are barging down the doors
>That one blacksmith is still charging me 100 fucking sovereigns for the Far Bow

Attached: 1522420896686.jpg (511x521, 19K)

Your lying....

even in Death, Anders is a fucking problem, fuck this dude. I hope wherever he endss up he gets buttfucked by a sloth demon for all eternity

I'm Rogue Warden, everything you said is true and i'm not the least bit ashamed.

>Bioware writes a red herring (to distract player attention from Solas) who's clearly supposed to be a strawman for all of the views the writers and in-universe characters disagree with
>Is 100% right about the threat posed by magic and the need of institutions to protect everybody
>Is a useful ally in the Winter Palice
>Eviscerates Sera at every opportunity

Bioware's straw men are more likable than the companions/advisers Gaider/Weekes/Laidlaw clearly favored

Attached: CircleMagi.jpg (301x489, 25K)

I didnt annul the circle because I believed everyone deserved a chance. And even though Anders fucked me over, i still believe that. But fucking hell they are making it very hard for me to keep that belief. At least Bethany and Wynne werent fucking insane

It's the awesome button

Every time you push it, something awesome happens

I see it the other way, I think they were trying to push the boundaries of how irritating they could get away with making a character by having her be right about most things

Anyone wanna swap an origin ultimate cd key for a steam one? I'm basically retarded and bought the wrong one.

>magics gone

A prequel, dumbass.

A prequel DLC. Get dabbed on you ignorant cuck.

>religious freak
not even once

I think one of the problems that DAO had was that the scope of the game was almost too big. Redcliffe leads nicely into the mage tower and Denerim but the Brecilian Forest and Orzammar feel too isolated from the broader world for their own good. Both cultures have fairly isolationist social policies and for good reason, but it's still incredibly draining to go to a new place and hit that roadblock of 'if you want to get invested, spend 2 hours clicking on objects and sifting through the codex' just so you can actually give a shit about the choice at the end of the mission.

The Dwarves at least are linked to the Darkspawn pretty heavily and you get a decent arena sequence for your troubles but the Elves are just a tribe of literal who's in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. It gets a little unintentionally hilarious when you get the option to persuade the werewolves to storm the elf camp, which solves absolutely nothing for their predicament and allows lycanthropy to continue

If DA4 ever comes out there are only two things I want from it: for it to be good and for Bethany to return as a romance

Luckily the second thing is more likely than the first

>he didn't annul Bethany when he btfo the Circle
you goof'd

Are you guys looking forward to the next Dragon Age game?

Make it a Pride Demon and you have a deal, mister.

no

Depends on whose writing it.
I trust Weekes, but what about that sniveling tapeworm Epler? The dude made an ass out of himself repeatedly by getting the most basic of basic lore wrong. And he used his public account to advertise his pro-antifa, far lefty views. What dumbass alienates half of their audience by posting divisive shit on their professional media pages?

Fully expected Vivienne to be the diversity mouthpiece shill for IRL politics based solely on her design, was pleasantly surprised. Total bro if you get on her good side, magepilled too.

New thread

what the fuck

There's a reason Mages have been nerfed since.
Magic was entirely bullshit and thing that can withstand them is when a fighter can resist their stunlock or when another mage casts mana clash first.

The dalish elves have been displaced, user.
It's not their fault.

t.barren ice prudes

>when a fighter can resist their stunlock
Not hard to do if you're a 2Hchad

it's kind of fucked up how being a Warden is considered an honor after DAO and then that cute warrior girl who was so enthusiastic about becoming one dies 20 minutes into Awakening because being a Warden is actually fucking terrible

>2Hchad
>when they run out of stamina the fastest because they swing around their gigantic weapons
>even have a skill where you just say fuck it and use up all your stamina in one unga swing
Why not be a Sword and Board instead at least the stamina upkeep means something.

That's essentially the gist of being a Grey Warden, hence they don't tell you about the whole ritual, sacrifice, going mad with the taint to spend your final days fighting darkspawn in the Deep Roads.

Yes !

The reverence for the Grey Wardens makes a lot more sense when I realized that Alistair was gay for Duncan and other characters have a rose colored view of the Order.

I wish we could have had Mhairi or whatever her name was over Oghren

>Tosses gems and jewelry to make room for another clawtrap

Thats nothing

>Trade piles of gems, well crafted armor and weapons for a hoard of metal shards and literal magic crystals
>have a entire armory on my person consisting of elemental bombs/mines, claw traps, exploding shrapnel mines, and various poisons
>Expert use of tactical grease puddles
>All of the advantages of a mage without the risk of being mind-raped by a demon or ass-raped by a templar

>DAI introduces the tempest, turning all of this up to 11
>Literally get so high off of electricity fumes the perception of time slows to a crawl
>cover yourself in steroid-infused, burning vapor and throw knives faster than an MG42
>The swarms of bees never end

Attached: dai_kihm.png (350x300, 217K)

>be dwarf fem noble
>fuck your bodyguard
>fuck Zevran then kill him
>fuck Leliana then dump her
>fuck the Dalish beta boy then tell his crushl. Afterwards side with the Werewolves
>fuck all the whores in the Pearl
>fuck Alistair but don't harden him
>make him make me the Counsellor effectively ruling the nation
Who else is /roastie/ playthrough?

Oghren's based and needed the screentime. DA2 makes me want to retroactively get Anders out of the series though

Rogues are not welcome in Yea Forums.
Take your shit someplace else.

I didn't even like Anders in Awakening, I can't imagine how worse he got going forward.

>no third panel with softened divine leliana

>not giving Murder Pope the Sunburst Throne
user, I...

No way fag

Look at what they did to my baby girl.
She got her smile back only for it to be snatched away again.

gay pro-mage terrorist who gets pissy when you won't fuck him

Dwarf noble sword and board warden is pure kino.

>played a religious zealot human noble
>truly believed he was andraste's chosen
>gave a kino speech to rouse the templars
>romanced cassandra
>made her divine
>made the Inquisition her personal honor guard
>get to bang the divine every night

How did it shit on you? Andraste zealot is one of only two ways to properly enjoy this game

>once upon a time dates a psycho abusive criminal
>she a ho

>Ever kowtowing to the Chantry
How's priest cock taste, altar boy?

How did you feel about Shale?

Attached: 005_shale_head.jpg (600x800, 339K)

More than 2H Dalish elf?

Wasn't really that useful

Sassy for a dead dwarf.

Fuck you man, the Chantry is rad.

I liked her.
Best companion next to Wynne and Oghren.

Thoughts on Zevran?

Attached: Zevran.png (897x895, 673K)

Gay

For a golem, Shale had curves despite being "genderless".

You guys do realize David Gaider wrote Shale?

he fun

Not really interesting as a character in any way--gameplay or narrative.

I can tell

I am completely indifferent to Shale.

I have opinions on every member in the camp, some positive and some negative but they all spark an emotional reaction out of me when I see them.

I feel nothing when I see Shale.

I have no idea who that is

I AM ANTIVAN CROW
OR NOT

And he also wrote that faggot Dorian and his god awful companion quest, your point?

I like Gaider but like everyone else he has a mixed track record with good and bad characters

So, what's your preferred quest/area/whatever order?

His line delivery is so perfect, you can't not love him. I have a weakness for fuckboys with a heart of gold so the game was rigged from the start

Just imagine how happy Lel will finally be when she finally sees her Warden again.

Orzammar and the Deep Roads, but at some point the Deep Roads part just goes on for too long.

>leader of the mages uses blood magic
"aw fuck. Well at least he'll hopefully take out some of the opposition with it"
>he proceeds to only attack his own allies >his last desperate use of magic hurt his own cause in every possible way and was completely and utterly pointless

Circle first, then Redcliffe, then Orzammar, then Brecilian Forest only then do you go to Denerim.

Lothering - Redcliffe - Circle Tower - Dwarves - Elves - Denerim - End of Game
If I'm playing Dwarf Noble then I go back to Orzammar after Lothering

I MISS AWKWARD LELIANA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

reminder pic related was Biowares peak. Anything past is casualized to all hell.

Attached: 5afe2f73-e642-4e5d-b3fa-c4b17595c795.jpg (1591x2232, 1.05M)

>You felt the same way and didn't have the courtesy of informing me
>You made me say all those things
>flustering
>Some bard I am

Attached: 1555807155398.png (811x1018, 318K)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and the chantry is right about the mages.

Redcliffe - Circle - Redcliffe Castle - Forest - Dwarves

Origins is a distant spiritual successor to that so it makes sense.
The same way KotOR is to Mass Effect.

I still don't know why dwarves eat nugs.

Attached: white_nug_by_1ndajone5-d4gjcqb.jpg (347x315, 41K)

Because dwarves are filthy...

NUG WRANGLERS

Circle tower early I can understand because Wynne saves you a small fortune in healing potions, but why Redcliffe early? Do you get some top tier items or class unlock?

>Brecilian forest has ironbark bow and Arcane Warrior
>Orzammar and the Deep Roads are packed with strong items like Topsiders Honor and Nug Crusher, also get Beserker via Oghren
>Redliffe has ???

Attached: 1522424468504.jpg (640x360, 35K)

Best girl.

I couldn't finish Trespasser became of incessant crashes.

Story reasons. Alistair recommends going to see Arl Eamon.

Redcliffe is recommended by Alistair so it's more for story and appeasing your soon to be king/ boyfriend.

It makes the most sense storywise, you disgusting minmaxer.

>Load an old save file up because of this thread
>Game crashes when I cast a spell

Ah, the classic bioware PC experience

Attached: ;_;.jpg (544x288, 36K)

Attached: 1415744250822.jpg (4000x711, 2.32M)

The one thing I want is to know Merril's role in the coming events.
I know it's hard for them to meaningfully write old companions into new sequels because of all the different outcomes their personal story could have had based on your decisions, but seriously.
The eluvians start getting used again, an ancient elven god comes back and starts leading the cause for bringing back elven civilization? Merrill's got to be checking that out. That's literally her entire character motivation in a single main plotline.
And my Hawke would probably help her. He's a total elf weeb, and would want to secure a future for his elf family

The next Dragon Age game was canceled. We're getting a live service game in the DA universe instead!

Exactly!

That pic is missing a companion.

Reminder she was supposed to be MUH LYRIUM GHOST all along. They scrapped her plot half-way through Inquisition's development so she ended up a schizophrenic bitter cunt.

Attached: 2018.09.18-22.16.jpg (3840x2160, 1.52M)

What exactly was the point of Morrigan's shapeshifting tree?
I feel like it's there just for lore reasons.

>Takes 4 tries to survive Redcliffe's Assault
>Look around and take stock of survivors
>Tfw see small loot pile named Lloyd

Attached: Slighly uncomfortable retard develops PTSD over a decision that literally didn't matter.jpg (500x281, 25K)

>heart of gold
He betrays you if you don't increase his points.

Wrong, it's cuz of sideboob

The whole Mage/Templar conflict was handled so poorly it still boggles my mind

>DAO: paints the danger of demonic possession very vividly, you're constantly reminded it's a tangible risk no matter how good natured a mage is. You see why Templars are needed and why mages can't be allowed to just do whatever they want.
>DA2: Nazis unfairly oppressing dindunuffin mages because they think they're all blood mages (they're actually all blood mages)
>DAI: Drug-addicted nazis unfairly oppressing talented special snowflakes. Nigga how is demonic possession even real ahaha just walk away from the rifts ahahah

new thread for when this one hits the bump limit

It's useful in Lothering when you run out of Lyrium potions

Aside from that it's fun to take doggo, turn Morrigan and the warden into bears and get 3 man overwhelms going

>He doesn't increase the points on party members that he likes

Nigga it's a FREE stat boost

>mfw I realise I can strip them all before the joining to sell their stuff to the quortermaster for mad cash

Attached: p.jpg (700x775, 79K)

Biggest reason why I restarted Origins for the first time and picked Mage back then is saving people with Force Field.

>appeasing your soon to be king/ boyfriend.
This is vile!

Attached: 1559442354289.jpg (3200x1800, 1.81M)

I'm worried about the very real possibility of Bioware fucking this up, just as they did with Leliana and Cullen's cannibalized characters.

Merrill is a zealot for the elven people, and Fenris hates magic and has strong sympathies to established order and the Templars. If they were to return Fenris would simultaneously be out for blood against Dorian and Solas, whereas Merrill was always willing to go "Fuck the shems, elf war now!" if she ever realized who Solas was

>play as a mage in DAO
>Jowan wants help escaping the circle because everyone thinks he's a blood mage, but he promises he isn't
>immediately blows everyone away with blood magic when we're caught
>dude circle sucks lmao seeya fuckers I'm a grey warden
>come back and everyone is demons
>maybe there does need to be some overarching authority here

>play mage in DA2
>dude circle can't keep me down I'm a free man
>Anders commits jihad
>come on, that's a little much
>show up to help Orsino
>at the drop of a fucking pin he performs blood magic and turns into the monster from that shitty DLC
>maybe having limitless power isn't good for you

For how they seemed to paint the mages as some unfairly oppressed unfortunates they really went out of their way to be absolutely terrible EVERY SINGLE chance they got.

At that point why aren't you doing the money glitch?

Did anyone else end up taking their warden on a bit of a character arc?

My City elf warden started off an elf nationalist, thieving prick who took advantage of his warden position for his own gain, but about a third of the ward through my play, he got increasingly horrified at how things were looking throughout Ferelden and started to realize he was not helping and made a change.

By the end of things he finally shaped up to be something of a hero though with a lot of doubts and fears. Ultimately these doubts and fears undermined him till he felt he couldn't do anything to help the Grey Wardens of Thedas any further, so when Morrigan offered to introduce them to their kid, he happily fucked off.

Attached: db730154d63f9ec57fbc8789eb882f85.jpg (1136x600, 419K)

I honestly don't like Inquisition Leliana, sorry user.
Origins Leliana is truly best girl.

>Completely nonsensical character, letting him into your party is a move so asinine I'm shocked it's even allowed as an option.
>Desperate whore, just being nice to him makes him start humping your leg
>Starts with zero points in lockpicking making him a shit replacement for Leliana right off the bat unless you're already a rogue yourself
>Manlet
>Only redeeming quality is good line delivery
>Ugly
>Not even from a place relevant to DAO, making his connection to the story flimsy at best
Anyone who likes Zevran should unironically be killed

Thoughts??

Attached: King Cailan.jpg (1280x1024, 380K)

Reminder that Leliana is for female elf, Morrigan for anything that moves and Zevran for male dwarf.

>Origins Leliana is truly best girl.
Yes!!

>Trespasser never fucking comments about whether the Warden's personal quest that took them out of the picture for several years was successful or not
>If you're not romancing Leliana from an imported save the game never even mentions the Warden

Bioware screwed over the HoF hard. I wish they had a DLC where you reunite with the Architect and lose the taint.

Almost every disaster can be attributed by some retard mage doing some retarded thing no wonder some just get lobotomized.

Leliana used to suck cocks for a living.

Facts.

Attached: 1563341724983.png (373x528, 364K)

There's an enemy behind you.

youtube.com/watch?v=DPPW1kV8pfM

I don't like using exploits in RPGs as I've figured many times it ends up ruining my progression. Plus coming up with your own shit is much more entertaining.

Attached: 1549066367141.png (512x422, 231K)

fuck him and thanks for the cool armor fag

>Doing Mage Origin
>Get Overwhelmed
>Instantly die

Boy do I love spider ambush sections
I'm glad this is the only one in the game

Attached: 1522419512711.gif (500x452, 989K)

>Game is called Dragon Age
>Has Shapeshifter class
>Does not let you shapeshift into a Dragon
fucking why. Lore's not an excuse you meet a dragon. They could have at least let us turn into a drake

OwO

The mages sided with the evil time wizard because lolreasons and after I kill him, they expect me to just let them join my forces with no restrictions. Then they and some of my party members act like I'm the hitler when I tell them to fuck off.

Shapeshifting to Dragons is possible but I think it will break the lore if every shapeshifter just turned into a dragon or a drake.

You can recruite the GUILTY psychopath child-kiling mass murderer invader/scout from another land.
A fag who got his ass kicked trying to kill you for money is nothing compared to that.

Attached: 1549401145054.jpg (78x87, 3K)

>DA:O is almost 10 years old
>Companions still look the most beautiful/most handsome in the original as opposed to later games

How do you fuck up so bad that you can't glow up your characters

Attached: 1524630224412.png (508x512, 174K)

every time

Attached: 1564026011472.png (642x640, 825K)

>GUILTY psychopath child-kiling mass murderer invader/scout from another land.
You are mistaken, he is Sten of the Beresaad.

The Vanguard of the Qunari People
I love Sten
I hope he shows up in DA4 and kills The Iron Cuck for betraying the Qun

Game's full of underhanded, passive agressive, reverse-psychology leftist sissy virtue signalling.
Remember the Warden bitch who surrenders herself to you because "my actions do not justify the greater good"?

>Sten becomes the akatosh by the time Inquisition is happening
feel nice for him

>akatosh
Arishok
Akatosh is the dragon god of time in TES.

Morrigan looks way better in Inquisition than in Origins.
Other than that the rest look terrible I agree. Alistar gained 50 pounds in DA2

Well, we know Flemeth can do it. Morrigan can learn it in DA:I. Also it seems to require BTFOing very specific dragons.

But you're definitely not alone there.

I think people complained when Morrigan was shown in her Orlesian outfit saying she developed a manjaw and was 'too old' looking.

Attached: let_sleeping_witches_lie___by_jpshieux-d3ecdld.png (600x2100, 850K)

>tfw I've played this game so much I know the conversations in and out
>always pick the options with the best approval
My warden is a walking contradiction.

My Qunari inquisitor went on a bit of an arc. She looks up to the Qun as an ideal, and resents her Tal Vashoth parents for raising her outside of it, in a foreign land where her only real career opportunity would ever be getting paid to fight.

Would have handed Thedas over to the Qunari in a moment at first, but after learning more, I think I started to see Iron Bull's side of things. Things work best the way they are, where the Qunari exist over there, but people who aren't a good fit for it can stay out of it.
Plus, having a outside threat gives them a constant reminder of the reason for their ideals. Having full control might not be healthy.

Funny how the only "traditional" male characters in the series are fucking murderous immoral psychopaths eh?

Enchantment?

/pol/ has destroyed your mind, user, seek help before it's too late

Enchantment!

sten did nothing wrong, those farmers had it coming.

>"Did you kill all of these darkspawn?"

Hey, kill my mom!

Attached: 1464957139910.jpg (350x396, 68K)

I'm still a bit salty about how the Qunari look like instead of just being big brown people with silver hair.

>thread about da that isn't pure shit
>miss all of it

Attached: 1555357815187.jpg (1280x852, 361K)

Qunari and Dwarf Inquisitors have the best roleplay potential. My Tal Vashoth Inquisitor is my favorite, he had this massive hateboner for the Qunari and deliberately sabotaged Southern Thedas as much as he could to make it impossible for ben hassrath infiltrators to operate.

With Humans and Elves you're locked into to a sloppily constructed backstory.

Honestly? I missed her in my primary playthrough.
Was all set to romance her, wondering when she'd finally show up, and then looked it up and learned the town I was supposed to meet her in was a dark splotch on the map now.

Bodahn was a mad lad following the Grey Wardens around while scavenging shit on the go.

I wonder if they were ironically safer following the warden rather than staying put somewhere

I mean, to be honest, I liked the horns just because I thought it was lamer that Qunari were apparently just "big black humans with white hair" it was the fucking Nord all over again.

okay.

Attached: 1505792665591.jpg (540x630, 61K)

They complained about Morrigan when the CGI teaser trailer dropped; she was FUCKING HIDEOUS.
Doesn't help that Bioware's idea of storytelling has always boiled down to "take away content from the player to simulate choice and consequence".
If you want to experience the full story, you HAVE to play ball with everyone regardless of your roleplaying wants/needs.

DA2 improved greately on that regard. DAI went back to that garbage.

Boom.

move

But now they get to be part dragon in their lore.

Since this hit bump limit may I suggest we carry on here ?

>/pol/ has destroyed your mind, user, seek help before it's too late
The only males in the series who are masculine and driven, talk about duty, honor, tradition, values and worth, are fucking mass murdering child killers.

Not my fault you've been mentally castrated.

Attached: spicy.gif (245x245, 957K)

This is an 18+ site.

Making the Qunari look 'monstrous' with the horns was a bit overkill for me.
Every other race don't really deviate as much.
Big brown humans with white hair would've been enough for me.

But don't Qunari tend to ultimately differ to women on greater domestic policy? I mean they look to the Arishook for matters of war but they're not going to make a decision outside of military matters.

Also, you forgot about Duncan and Loghain. While both are given a lot of ambiguity, it seems in the end they are at least sympathetic individuals if not heroic in their own right.

Attached: 1409866988418.jpg (600x498, 96K)

I don't think many people understand Loghain except outside of he bad he = betrayer

Is he a traitor? Yes. But no more a traitor than Cailan ultimately was to be.

And in that moment he told his daughter "Daughters never grow up to their fathers. They're always wearing their hair in pigtails and need skinned knees kissed" I and my warden realized more than anything, Loghain was just another man trying what he thought was best. No different than the numerous shitty choices I had made in my playthrough.

How the fuck is Loghain heroic, his actions proved he wasn't fit to rule.
Stolen Throne made him sympathetic I guess but he is just as stubborn as Cailan, he would've made an even lesser ruler of Ferelden.
(Orlesians are still pretty fucking shady by capitalizing on blights to conquer lands)

How is Cailan a traitor?
By trying to bridge an alliance with the Orlesians?
The only thing Cailan is ever guilty of is that he was too idealistic.

Mass effect 2.

It's a wonder that Leliana is even that nice in Inquisition, considering that EVERYTHING in her life ALWAYS goes wrong. It's a fundamental rule of Thedas. Water is wet, fire is hot, Bilght is bad, everything Leliana likes gets fucked up.
Also, for Hero of Ferelden change in character was probably a complete opposite. They start as literal nobody with titanic task of ending the Blight, and they prove to be capable of that and more. By the time of Inquisition HoF is one of the most influential figures in the world - and most likely one of the strongest. They saw so much shit and survived and thrived that it's likely any edgyness washed out and was replaced with more calm, laid-back demeanor.
Encounters with them probably would look like something like that
>adventurers have a dramatic encounter with their rivals, then there's a dragon and everything is on fire, life is epic and ramatic
>fucking All Star mash up starts playing
>figure in the Grey Warden armor rolls in on the scene
>ignores everyone
>kicks the dragon to death, points down
>throws rocks at people, loots every chest and container, slaps anyone standing in the way, shakes head dissaprovingly
>moonwalks out
>all without saying a word
>and that's how I met Hero of Ferelden, kids

cringe

Attached: 1555486803947.png (719x708, 1.1M)

Sten was great.

>someone tries to talk to the hof
>he just keeps looking up and down like he's choosing something

FUCK BIRDS

Attached: 1568160776543.jpg (274x395, 17K)

We should save the children
Morrigan: Well shit why don't we just save anybody that asks us for help. It's not like we're in a hurry or facing a blight.
[Morrigan disapproves -10]

Morrigan: Why did you choose Leliana over me? Is the sex that good?
Warden: Her pussy straight fire.
Morrigan: Oh. Carry on then.
[Morrigan approves: +5]