What really happened to make Olimar's ship crash?

What really happened to make Olimar's ship crash?

Attached: pikmin 3 plasm wraith says goodbye.jpg (800x450, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM
pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Olimar's_Log_(Exploration_Notes)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

umibozu

Attached: latest[1].jpg (477x331, 68K)

Why does the planet of the pikmin keep shape-shifting it's topography so quickly over time?

Why is Louie somehow connected to the bugs, and apparently has some kind of precognitive abilities that allow him to foresee danger? What's up with all the human artificats and the apparent reality that the planet of the pikmin is in fact the Earth itself, but it little to no signs of human life?

Are Olimar and his friends alone in the universe? Impossible, when you consider the wonders that lay all around them. The Plasm Wraith monster of the submerged castle, the smoky prog thingy of The Distant Spring, The unsolved mysteries of..Unsolved Mysteries!

The TRUTH is OUT THERE!

Attached: xfsa.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

Capitalism. The State in Hocotate probably works around some neo neo liberalism shit, so the company Olimar works for doesn't get any kind of sanction if their employees get in an accident caused by their lack of maintenance of the ships; so they got no reason to do it (because it costs too much money). Olimar have no rights whatsoever and there are a lot of unemplyed Hocotatians if he doesn't want the shitty job.

So Pikmin 4 is literally going to abandon all the psuedo-supernatural hallamalarky in favour of taking a more political, fact-based angle when it comes to rapping this one up. hmm.

bumping

Attached: olimardust22.png (761x716, 831K)

I don't get what you mean by "psuedo-supernatural hallamalarky", but I'm actually super afraid that they will fuck up Olimar's personality more than they did in 3. The reason I say that is because think about the first game story and then about Olimar turning into a greedy treasure hunter or something. Lacks coherence, makes Olimar look dumb as fuck. Pikmin 1 is amazing, but you kinda need to ignore what 3 did. So please, Nintendo, leave the politics aside from now on, unless you are going full awake proletariat Olimar mode

Nintendo told him advance that his series would die after years of lesser games and delays

it was a deliberate crash

The way I see it, Olimar's greediness fits because you're seeing the story through the perspective of the Koppaites, who see Hocotatians as greedy jews. I'm sure to Olimar and Louie, the Koppaites look like hippie vegans.

He was forced to gather treasure. I think the addition of the three Koppai pilots was kind of a dodgy decision though. "Here's three more aliens, they all look, act, and talk quite similarly to the ones we all ready (which is also already know so little about), Seems about time we see way more of Hocotate, and Olimar's family, and how they're faring in his absence and what it's like to have him return etc. His relationship with his family was the sole reason for his continued persistence in trying to survive in the original, and it seems like some kind of payoff for all the would be the most cathartic thing you could have happen.

But you don't see what they think of the Hocotatians. At least, that's not what makes Olimar look like a greedy fuck that shits in Pikmin 1 greatness. From what I remember, there are journal logs where Olimar actually says what he craves.

How does he look greedy?

>But you don't see what they think of the Hocotatians
You do.

Attached: file.png (897x170, 205K)

Yeah. I don't like this inconsistency either...

It started in Pikmin 2. I remember that you'd pick up a planet globe and you'd find more places to fly because on the topology...

And in Pikmin 3 they came up with a post-pangea Earth... so 250 million of years has passed?

But then the Geiger counter is going crazy, I believe in Pikmin 2 too... so, the humanity was decimated by radiation? But then... if Pikmin 3 is in post pangea, everything should've deteriorated and there should be no more radiation, after all, we're talking about 250 million years...

Also another problem in Pikmin 2 is the fact that there's a ecotoplasm/phantom monster? That you can kill/make physical by creating shockwaves...

I don't like these metaphysical things in Pikmin 2.

And for the last, apparently the time and space is distorted, that's why the caves are repeating/different each time we enter. I don't like it.

Also I have a problem with the Pikmin bulbs... come on... Why are they so different and mechanical?

I hope that they remake 1 and 2 and start from the post-pangea, but bring back the organic bulbs...

Attached: 1561364461905.jpg (960x517, 80K)

It's like Lost. There are many interesting things going on, but now it's hard to imagine them explaining it all in a satisfactory way, which is annoying because the games are so good. Still kinda time to save it though I think. They should have learned from all the Zelda timeline business that people are interested in seeing a coherent narrative appear over the course of the series with regard to world-building and that.

BUT

I do like the metaphysical stuff from the second game, I just wish they're hunker down and explain it in the next one, and maybe even rap up Olimar's story. You can always make other sequels with different characters.

It's also worth noting that Olimar and Louie have been stranded on the planet for an undisclosed amount of time, who knows what effects this had on them, or if Louie even fully recovered from being stranded the first time.

Attached: file.png (886x119, 136K)

It's doesn't make him look greedy, but it does make him look like far less of a badass, because you'd think he'd be meet with some kind of standing ovation for discovering and surviving a new planet, and hailed as a hero, and all that, but instead his boss is just effortlessly able to throw him back in the den..it's cartoonish in a way the original wasn't I suppose.

>Also I have a problem with the Pikmin bulbs... come on... Why are they so different and mechanical?
I don't really know what you mean, but mechanical symbiosis isn't completely unheard of in the Pikmin universe.

Attached: 1495317758328.jpg (400x323, 30K)

Pikmin 4 - He's cruising space with his family and once again, el, fucked up meteor ghost monster causes him to crash. His son and daughter wind up in different corners of the map, but everything he's told them has prepared them for survival. His wife has gone missing entirely. Louie is roaming the wilds, possibly now crowned Overlord of the insects overlords, and it's uncertain whether or not this is a good or a bad thing?

With how many times Olimar has conquered PNF-404, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever entity is calling the shots there has it out for him. It's definitely sentient enough to throw meteors at people.

I meant onion, it's all mechanical now.

Not only that, but they're not separated anymore. Which I didn't like at all.

The onions used to be completely organic.

Yes, it's like they don't care about the worldbuilding. I think that the only one that cares about that in Nintendo is Koizume, and they stop him to make stuff all the time.

Attached: 1555592302607.png (802x459, 756K)

Yeah, it really feels like it, specially at the Pikmin 3 ending where there's another ship falling down there.

I don't like this idea...

Whatever it is, it probably seems like a fare assumption that his ultimate fate is to the lead the Pikmin to destroy it. They implied before that the time he's spent with the Pikmin is rubbing off on them aswell, (they learn how to fight for themselves at the end of 1) which is something they probably need to focus a lot more on in the next sequel. You could go into all kinds of antics exploring the ways in which his interaction with them has messed with the natural balance of things on PNF-404, or was that balance already 'natural' to begin with?

I think the end should be very high concept shit though. They should just pull the lid off and have there be some grim, but amazingly cool glimpses into what happened to humanity, and what Olimars time on the planet means for the human race (if there is any humans left etc.). Be cool, be weird, be interesting...

bump

Attached: 1520747840954.png (640x547, 608K)

I look forward to the J.J. Abrams-produced fake-out opening to Pikmin 4 that reveals the whole thing takes place in the distant future at a time when humanity is still thriving, but just living underground in the aftermath of a nuclear war.

I b4 trailer featuring old music

youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM

Yeah, but there are also some logs that Olimar wrote himself, right? I could be wrong, but I kind of remember Olimar saying he's after some treasure.
Olimar isn't supposed to be a badass. It would be shit if he had been meet with some kind of standing ovation and hailed as a hero. His boss just effortlessly throwing him back in the den is just a joke/maybe critique of how things work. Nobody cares about his journey or the problems he encountered when doing his work. Just do it and come back to do it once more when your boss need you to.
Really, much of Olimar's charisma comes from him not being a hero or anything like that. He's just a father and an employee that gets fucked while doing a dangerous work so his boss can keep all the profit.

>Yeah, but there are also some logs that Olimar wrote himself, right? I could be wrong, but I kind of remember Olimar saying he's after some treasure.
Yeah, to dig themselves out of another hole that The President got them into.
pikmin.fandom.com/wiki/Olimar's_Log_(Exploration_Notes)

Oh, dude, thanks for that. I missed that first entry and kind of disliked Pikmin 3 because I thought all that was Olimar being a greedy explorer for some reason. Now that I know it keeps the character coherent with what he was in Pikmin 1, I feel much better about the game (I really enjoyed Pikmin 3, more than 2).
I wish you all the best.

Attached: olimar.jpg (160x171, 7K)

The sneed is out there

What do Hocatation scientists have to say about PNF-404? Surely the advanced society that is Hocatate would want to send someone back to explore the place properly and gather wildlife? That seems like another worthy plot, although that could have been what Olimar was doing at the end of 3 for all I remember by now..

What are my current options for playing Pikmin 3 lads?

Also is there anything of any worth in the DS game?