Opinions on this fucking design?

>Arm Blade
>Shoulder cannon
>Half-spikes everywhere
>Bizarre mix of green and brown

>cAlLbAcK tO oRiGiNaL.

Also, as a side note, fuck contrarians. Just because you're different doesn't mean you're automatically cool. This has nothing to do with the conversation, just me rambling aloud.

Attached: fw1xeqqqnzl31.jpg (611x767, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Op3L36lOT8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty sure it was so they could add more mechanics to gameplay. I think if the colors weren't as dark and were brighten a bit more maybe it'd be better.

Attached: 1556986358654.png (1025x1025, 986K)

Huh. I was expecting people to start talking about how much they hate the "Le Epic Doomsalyer" trite

Doom predator*

He looks way too bulky but its still pretty cool

>Arm Blade

Looks cool.

>Shoulder Cannon

Looks cool and speeds up subweapon animations considerably. Don't know why anyone would possibly hate this. Shoulder cannons are fucking dope.

>Half-spikes everywhere.

Don't mind 'em.

>Bizarre mix of green and brown.

I think the colors are very aesthetically pleasing.

>>cAlLbAcK tO oRiGiNaL.

Mostly in the bare forearms, which I appreciate. I think it's the perfect blend of the original design and the 2016 design.

That is a popular opinion with Yea Forums, I never really hated the new doom. It did fine for me, they didn't really change the base gameplay which was, no reloading and fast pace combat. Sure it could feel slow at times but other than that it felt fine.

i honestly don't know what the armblade's for. glory killing was awfully fast enough the first time around, why would i need to stab shit.

He was way too skinny in Doom 2016.

Would have liked a bit less detail on the armor and more smooth surfaces, especially the weird lumps on his vambraces could be smoother. That being said, gameplay looks great, I don't give a fuck about the rest

I hate the gadgets. I don't feel like Doomguy would be a fan of gadgets. Instead of a dumb arm blade, he would have a chonky combat knife.

Oh and instead of some fork that holds a demons head at point blank range, he would just grab the fucker by its neck with his other hand. That's what doomguy would do in my opinion.

>Thinking Doomguy wouldn't want a gun on his shoulder firing while he fires his main gun to increase the rate in which demons die.

That's dumb. You're dumb.

I like it.

they could have made the helmet grey at least
i like to justify the shoulder cannon as a heretic inventory reference
the name doomslayer and the backstory can be kind of lame, considering it's partially based off memes before the game but i think the bigger offense in the new "lore" is hell's new background where they're more of a "grounded" wasteland, less abstract/colorfull looking and it's technically the uac or heaven that come up with most of their enemies, when original hell was their own independet faction that just exists to fuck shit up and be evil

I prefer it.

Doom Slayer is honestly a name that grew on me. I never found any issue with it.

Attached: 1566350557738.jpg (1280x1811, 447K)

People thinking that contrarians do it for cool points are pathetic for viewing things in that kind of mindset.

It pleases me.

Doomguy is spartan, not R-rated Batman.

Ya, Doomguy is a very meat-n-potatoes asskicker. He works harder, not smarter because he loves his fucking job.

Listen, if it's good for fighting and killing, that's what matters.

I would prefer fistbased glorykills punching through everything's head to stabbing.

If you think a expert demon-slayer wouldn't try to come up with new and faster ways to expertly slay demons than I don't know what to tell you. Doomguy is the kind of character who would take whatever firepower he could get.

Looks alright.

>Half-spikes everywhere
Aren't those called "studs"?

He still has plenty of those though. If you watched the Quakecon stage demo this year he still has tons of finishers where he tears off heads and breaks spines. Nothing wrong with a little variety. It's the spice of life, after all.

Doomguy = Doom Slayer confirmed.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-11 Get your own collectible, fist-bumpable DOOMGuy Bethesda net.png (952x779, 607K)

>caring about doom "lore"

I love the name Doom Slayer honestly, it's so fucking cheesy but played straight, which I love about the tone of 4. It strikes a nice balance between b-movie cheese and actually cool. It would be really funny hearing the demonic voices in 4 say shit like "and those who tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Guy" though.

they should have came up with multiple names

youtube.com/watch?v=Op3L36lOT8Y

If this doesn't play at least once during Doom Eternal, I'm going to fuck someone.

They did. Hellwalker. Unchained Predator. The Slayer.

Take your pick. 'Cause that's what Hell calls him.

They did though.

Attached: 1567928889288.jpg (4032x3024, 1.08M)

>"and those who tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Guy"
in a perfect world...

>Spartan
>Favorite gun is literally the titular BFG of vidya

Overdesigned. I dont feel it.

>obscured face
gay

>cAlLbAcK tO oRiGiNaL
Quit talking like a faggot.

Attached: 1565055830428.png (411x412, 296K)

>obscured face
>gay
No way!

Attached: 1537575895641.jpg (500x600, 238K)

This has me worried. I hope they didn't cave to the faggot reddit secondaries that bitched about them showing his face. Could just be the artists decision to obscure his face though.

>lucifer
so there is a satan in doom?

According to the leaker from one week ago (probably bullshit but you never know), you get to see a bit of his face in the ending

Not a fan of how over-detailed it is. Also the arm blade should have been a mini hell-chainsaw instead for some extra Evil Dead points. Not that bothered by the shoulder cannon since its inclusion was for gameplay reasons (although one could argue if we really need shit like grenades in a Doom game).

Attached: 1551427167049.png (560x814, 785K)

but he was lying

didn't it turn out to be fake?
most of the overdetailedness is also just visual noise, so these designs could have been better if you remove the shit that doesn't actually matter

During the Quakecon presentation Hugo made an offhand remark that he wanted to darken the tint to Doomguy's visor some more before release.

Looks great get fukt

Yeah, I remember that. Fucking zoomer secondary cunts trying to force Doomguy to be exactly like Master Chief.

is this an in-game costume

But Hugo never said it was in response to anything, he just thought it would look better while one of those third person cutscenes was playing.

Also it's not like Doomguy's visor being completely opaque is anything new.

I honestly hate everything about the nu-Doom and nu-doomguy
If i had no idea it was supposed to be a Doomguy i would say it's a MC from some Halo ripoff

The best part of that is he also sounded really annoyed people were complaining about it. Poor Hugo.

Over designed and bulky.Why bother redesigning something we barely see.

I don't like how cartoony and saturated Eternal looks, also I preferred '16 Cyberdemon

He said it right after he talked about how he liked that their protagonist has a face. He honestly sounded really annoyed that people were complaining about it and just said "we'll probably tint the visor" to placate those faggots.

Shut the fuck up reddit nigger and fuck off back there with your shitty memes

It is if you want to believe that leaker. Along with his classic suit, his 2016 suit, and a suit based off of his comic book design.

I liked the low tech guns in the original doom, it felt more lile you were just a marine blasting demons.

not anymore

Attached: Doomguy.jpg (550x550, 33K)

It's also it's more that the zoomer fucks are complaining he has a face AT ALL that pisses me off. Bunch of retards that are probably Halo refugees flocking to Doom since 343 is mishandling Halo so bad so they try to turn Doom into their substitute.

i want it

I hate the suit and what they did to the poor Super Shotty, suit was perfect last time IMO

Doom games know exactly what they are and don't try to hide it
Gotta respect'm for it, god knows few others are doing it

YO CYBER DEMON NICE ASS

Attached: gayniggas.jpg (1456x2896, 2.36M)

The suit was boring and safe in 2016. This is way better.

Looks metal like a space marine of warhammer or something

>suit was perfect last time IMO
He looked like a generic Halo marine.

The shoulder cannon is lame. Cooldown abilities are always shit.

looks fine to me, im more worried about the level design. i really hope its not like 4 with corridor-shitty serious sam arena bullshit-corridor. just give me exploration like with 1 and 2 and ill be very happy

Attached: dry lips.jpg (534x467, 57K)

When's their crossover buddy cop game?

Attached: 78680896.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

>Shoulder cannon is lame.

You're fucking lame.

Doom never needed grenades in the first place.

>Adding new things bad. Keeping things same over and over and over and over good.

well the shit they added last time wasn't that great either, all seemed like it was to appeal to Brutal Doom's popularity

Arm blade is for efficiency.
Sure he COULD just use his hands.
But why have sharp thing to make stuff MORE deader

Attached: 1566656782158m.jpg (1024x983, 140K)

yeah let's add skills and an ultimate ability too

Pretty sure that was debunked since glory kills were planned long before Brutal Doom came into existence . Doom 2016 is way better than Brutal Doom. Brutal Doom is a trash mod for trash people.

Sure, as long as they're fun.

kys

Nah, I'm good.

inventory systems existed since heretic/build engine games

you want these demons to feel every bit of pain, not give em a quick break. the whole idea of ripping and tearing that glory kills subtly embody ends up rather sterilized with that armblade, to be honest.

but that's just me.

i'm worried about the enemy variety and if it's safe

Doomguy has never shown sadistic tenancies. You're thinking brutal doom. Doomguy just wants demons to die as fast as possible so he can move on the next hundreds of demons to kill.

Dead is dead.
Fucking plebs waste time.
Gut gud.

Also I'd post my folder but I'm faggin it up on my phone right now so give me more OC.

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-165600_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 2M)

he would totally use them, the real problem is that he would also be unable to modify his armor on his own, and nobody else is around to do it for him, so in the end it does not make sense.

Stupid zoomer shit for stupid zoomers

>Doomguy has never shown sadistic tendencies
?

yeah i hear you guys. i still prefer bare fists though

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 42K)

>the real problem is that he would also be unable to modify his armor on his own
which is why the "lore" says it was the "wrench" whatever the fuck that is

"Wretch" you mean

Halo fan here, it is, they're fucking annoying in Halo threads so we told them to fuck off and they went to Doom, they try to go to Metroid because of Metroid Prime but I'm also a Metroid fan too, a 2D one and we told them to once again fuck off. They're retarded and they tried to hype up some shitty looking Halo lookalike with portals that failed, now they're trying to hype up MCC on PC and Reach on both PC and Xbox not realizing it's going to fail, when Infinite come they will bitch but it will be the most successful Xbox game ever. They're just crying Halo 3babies or 2babies or Reachbabies, maybe all three of them.

You already have a grenade launcher on the shotgun and a rocket launcher. How many more explosives do you need?

>How many more explosives do you need?

A-are you serious? How the fuck is that a serious question? You can never have enough explosive weaponry, ya bitch!

You can never have too many explosives.

>Half-spikes
they're called studs and used to be very common on armor

bouncing grenades can still be different from sticky bombs and rockets

He went from looking like a Halo to looking like of Gears of War
Not really sure if that's an improvement or not