MINECRAFT CAVE UPDATE

youtu.be/7FJaO3eP43Y?t=436
How would you do it, /v?

Attached: WTF's Expedition CaveBiomes, Ores, Trees, and Tweaks mod.png (987x259, 442K)

never mind the cave update, thats something that should have been out of the way decade ago, just fucking add something to do in this game already, its so barebones you can barely call it a game

>a quarter to a third of the game you spend underground mining
>literally only have an update about it now

Jesus fuck. And no, don't tell me the ravines and the abandoned mines count.

Shit I haven't played Minecraft in years but this makes me want to buy it again

Make the world twice as deep and make caves twice as large.

Alongside that, create a website that allows players to upload their creations made out of ingame assets to a large database. Have a voting system in this database that allows the best creations to be reviewed by a Minecraft employee to be curated before being added to the game. For example, obviously a castle made out of diamond blocks would never get this far and never be approved. The building style, loot, any mobs spawining within, would all need to be reasonable and balanced.

This way you can have infinite structures and things to discover in the world instead of the pitiful handful of structures that mojang adds on their own.

Attached: gross_dark_blue.png (1005x1005, 409K)

> complaining about something that hasn't been a problem for a full decade

they need to focus on loot as well as generation
making things look pretty is only half of it
even now the shipwrecks and ruins underwater shit isnt worth going to more than once, the garbage they offer isnt worth the effort, especially at the stage of the game where youre actually supposed to be equipped for underwater exploration (ie post-diamonds post-enchanting)
like they look nice but then whats the point of exploration if theres no reward, so often i find myself just blocking myself off of the naturally generated caves and shit because theyre literally never worth the risk of exploring, just keep strip mining, dont even bother exploring generated caverns and risk having a creeper drop on your head and instakill you, how do you balance the risk of that with the potential reward, THAT is whats important

also if those retards make like 10 more stone rekins and call that content im starting a fire

This shit right here. The whole fuckin point is that everything is procedural, but all the premade structures are the same every single time. Why even explore...

Underground biomes/more varied and interesting cave generation
Better, more varied dungeons/more underground structures
More unique underground mob(s)
New rare ores with purposes other than basic tools/armor
Basically, exploration is more fun than mindlessly digging an endless 1x2 tunnel with no destination other than diamonds. Give me more shit to explore and discover, give me more of a REASON to explore, more than the ravines and mineshafts that have been in the game for ages.

Friend of mine recently gave me his account to use for the time being until idk, its cool to see the game in its current state after not playing since I was 10 but holy shit did I get burnt out. Also I fucking agree, theres too much Granite and shit when I go mining and its literally serves no purpose to me.

Attached: 1568153114198.png (239x205, 57K)

With a game like this you either have to have NO premade structures or as many as you can humanly shove into the game

They chose to put in premade structures. They also only put in a handful of them. This ain't fun or adventurous, you're just finding the same things over and over and over again in different places.

From the start Minecraft's community has been about people showcasing what they built. Make that a feature IN THE GAME. Have a creator mode where people build something from a pallette of predetermined materials, and perhaps a build budget, and then let them upload that creation to a cloud server whereupon it will be enabled to spawn in other player's games.

Boom, with one system you suddenly have an infinite variety of things to find while exploring. I don't know why this hasn't been in the game for years, it's so simple.

Of course you don't just want penises and swastikas spawning all over the world, so maybe have two modes : "anything goes" mode and a curated mode. Curated mode will have less things spawn, but it can't be too hard to have an employee at Mojang look over submissions all day and approve the good ones.

Attached: 1560216927360.png (960x720, 475K)

fucking this. the potential is so fucking huge how the fuck didn't they do that already is beyond me

sounds like you want Hytale

Will they ever replace the item models with voxels? They are long overdue for a visual update

Could also have a series of different structure types to generate in your world. Things like:
>Redstone Revolution - Other creator's Redstone contraptions and utilities
>Builder's Basics - Settlements or other homely structures
>Mass Monuments - Impressively detailed builds
>Special event creation categories like Merry Minecraftmas (for December) or Best of MINECON 2020 (Creations made by Minecon hosts or celebrating Minecon in general)
All optional of course

i want some creepy fucking clayman enemies in caves and shit

Attached: claymen.png (475x354, 427K)

But this is the intention. They want to keep Minecraft relevant, but they can't add many things, otherwise they will change the original formula.
In addition, Microsoft has a store to sell mods, skins, textures, etc. The vanilla experience needs to be as simple as possible to encourage children to ask their parents to buy trash there.

I like the way you think, but that would be far too much effort for mojang.

NEVER EVER

Attached: manly tears takes a selfie.jpg (834x1199, 131K)

Just dig down to 11 and stripmine. Barely anything in this game is useful in any way which makes the exploration and looting aspect naught. This includes cave updates and bees that help you farming when just killing a few animals is the best way of getting food.

I don't see why mojang never tried harder to make combat less shitty, it's not like that can impact the building and exploration parts of the game. The only new content I even cared about in the last few years was shields and the ocean update, the sea plants are great for decorating.

I would totally build redstone puzzles to spawn in little ruined alchemist's shacks

You can just pick the berries from the shitton of bushes you planted down as protection, and they grow back fast

>make the world twice as deep
why even bother with that? Add cubic chunks and remove the up/down limits altogether.

You didn't play with legos as a kid, did you?

Because I want some mines of moria ass shit not tiny little cramped tunnels. The game is called MINE craft, underground should have more depth and more variety

Don't see how making up/down infinite disallows doing that, if anything it makes it more possible to add Mines of Moria type stuff.

They need a procedural creature system like No Mans Sky, so that cave networks can have unique ecosystems

What's actually gonna hapen:

>Here's a new color of stone for your cave update, enjoy!

This. There should be nearly bottomless pits, and caves with literal swarms of goblins inhabiting them. We need massive Balrog-type creatures. Giant worms. Volcanoes that can erupt and flood tunnels with lava

To be honest last time I played NMS, caves looks the same in every planet. They suck. Did they change it?

No, no mans sky is shit, but at least the creature system is good. It would great to port that into minecraft.

>which makes the exploration and looting aspect naught.
For naught. Naught just means nothing, or zero.

Whats that, a cave update? Bro that already came out, just play on modded 1.12.2.

Attached: 1550232503914.png (723x666, 158K)

I'm convinced that in my lifetime something like this will get made. Either by mojang or a minecraft clone

Quests. Villagers that can use swords and Bows.

I do not understand why mojang's updates are so sparse & few. The game practically has the lowest production values out of any modern game being made. Everything is 16x16 pixel textures for gods sake.

I'd play modded or Terraria

At this rate I might finally have to generate a new world. I've been playing the same one since like 2012, like once a year I'll get the urge to play this game and then I just load up that same world again and keep working on it for a night or two until I get sick of Minecraft again

Attached: Selection_089.jpg (534x932, 286K)

I remember hearing something way back about vanilla eventually being turned into sort of a Game Pack/Module, So that it could be disabled and swapped out entirely for a entirely different set of resources that entirely transform the game without using resources from the vanilla game, Much like an Iwad in a DOOM sourceport.
It's clear that vanilla Minecraft is reaching the point where you cant add anything too transformative without making autists angry, So the solution would be to Minecraft itself a base for transformative modpacks that host entirely different experiences, With vanilla existing inside its own bubble untouched.