twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

never played any of the lisa games.
i liked what i played of undertale.

Attached: download.jpg (265x190, 8K)

>pixel indie shit
both are shit

>a good-natured mockery of the average gamer's mentality
vs
>FUCK MEN, MEN ARE SCUM AND IF YOU TRY TO PROTECT YOUR DAUGHTER BECAUSE YOU HAD AN ABUSIVE CHILDHOOD YOU'RE LITERALLY EVIL AND YOUR ABUSIVE FATHER IS BETTER THAN YOU REEEEEEE
Is there even a contest?

OH MY GOD QUIRKY PIXEL INDIE GAMES

Attached: mh79c4nqi6i31.png (454x520, 11K)

LISA is pretentious cringe.

lisa obviously

Attached: 1447685688546.jpg (598x710, 136K)

Lisa has Terry and Nern. How is this even a question?

I liked LISA. Undertale was ok.

Both are terrible for different reasons and I'd rather play something like Hylics.

You didnt cut your hands, right Yea Forums?

LISA has a better OST.

>LISA has a better OST.
(You)
Yikes

The only thing LISA has going for it is edge. Undertale has infinitely more replay value, better combat, more memorable characters, just better writing in general, more interesting story, better music, more distinct (now iconic) visual style. Undertale is classic, LISA is just the contrarian's choice.

Attached: 960394509.jpg (371x371, 33K)

both are gay as fuck and dogshit

Lisa is a much better game but undertale the first time through is a more interesting experience

dude sans rofl

I enjoyed both. Joyful kinda brings down the experience a bit, but it did make me actually cry.

The turning point choices in Lisa are incredible.

undertale was more exciting at the time of playing it, but looking back at both LISA is more memorable. also while undertale's OST is insanely good, LISA's is probably my favourite of all time, only time i've played a game and found myself looking forward to whatever the fuck the next weird-ass track was going to be.

Attached: C3bxi74UYAEgO2R.jpg (650x900, 87K)

>no correlation besides being 2D semi-turn-based games

god you fucking faggot

Lisa is just shitty Earthbound mechanically

based

Undertale is better as a game
Lisa is better as a lets play

and memetale is the same but worse.

fuck my dick

medicore game with the worst fanbase outside of mlp but at least the toby fox is a cool dude
shit game that thinks it's clever and it's creator is pretentious brainlet

Undertale's battle system is more interactive and fun compared to LISA's. Undertale's cast, music, and overall aesthetic are also way stronger. I liked the LISA games but this is not even a contest.

Attached: F.png (440x433, 12K)

Attached: 123582458723.gif (300x186, 1007K)

I liked both.
I don't particularly care for pure turn-based "combat" but LISA made it barely okay for me with its unusually free-form parties.

I prefer LISA just because I utterly loathed nearly all the characters in Undertale. The saving grace of that game is that it actually rewarded the player for killing everybody which I can appreciate.

Deltarune is better in that regard because it doesn't make me just want to kill everyone. While in LISA I desperately feared for some of my party member's life whenever a mutant appeared.

LISA is like a tryhard, forgettable version of Undertale without all the personality and godtier music.

LISA came out almost a year before Undertale you retard.

Based but also correct

Undertale is babby's first bullet hell, LISA's joy and party mechanics were infinitely more interesting than spamming spare over and over

LISA is for edgelords with a superiority complex
UNDERTALE is for tumblr trannies with a persecution complex
one is the same

undertale is simply more fun to play and has more charm to it. lisa's characters are pretty dull in comparison too, and undertale has tons more replayability

>Undertale's cast, music, and overall aesthetic are also way stronger.

have you even played LISA? everything you just said is false

>LISA's joy and party mechanics were infinitely more interesting than spamming spare over and over
This is bait right?

not him, but this reply makes no sense. Spamming is a player's choice and you can do it in anything, even in the most complex fighting games or other rpgs you can choose to spam. But that's on you, not the game. also, you're trying to put down undertale by calling it a bullet hell when that type of combat is a million times more entertaining and unique for an rpg of this type compared to lisa's generic stale combat. Inputting attacks in lisa takes less skill and is less enjoyable than dodging shit in undertale. lisa's battles are very boring

/thread

Both are autistic for different reasons, undertale bills itself on being a game where you "don't have to kill anyone" but during the fight with goatmom when I tried spamming "mercy" nothing happened. so I figured "okay I guess I have to get her health low enough or something so that she wants to stop fighting" which ended up with her using attacks that are impossible to actually get hit with and I ended up killing her. After which the game chastised me and called me a horrible monster. on a whim I looked it up and found out you needed to keep spamming "mercy" on her to not kill her. I stopped playing at that point. The creator wanted to make a statement about violence or something. fine. the creator also wanted to shame people who took a violent but easier path. fine. But to make the "good" path require hitting mercy over and over again with no prior knowledge and nothing hinting that you're even going about it in the correct way and not just wasting your time was autistic. It's something you wouldn't know without googling it.
LISA is also autistic but because of the russian roulette segment, I savescummed a dozen times trying to get my party through it with noone dying and decided afterwards that the creator was a pretentious loser and vowed to never touch it again. videogames are about fun first and foremost, a game calling you a monster for not realizing you have to keep hitting the mercy button over and over again with no prompting or any visual hint that you're moving in the right direction is spec ops the line tier of autistic. "haha you did something very bad in this videogame and I bet you enjoyed it you're such a bad person look at me I'm critiquing your tendency towards violence I'm very smart"

Attached: 1564762086016.jpg (377x580, 70K)

Spamming spare as in comforting the enemy like five or six times so that the battle can end, retard. Also
>Lisa's battles are very boring
how, experimenting with party composition and debuffs is infinitely more intriguing than dodging different colored lines over and over

Both are great games. What's more interesting is their devs.
>toby
>looks like a virgin loser, yet is the chaddest indie dev in existence
>austin
>looks like a chad, but is actually a sjw white guilt loser

Attached: indies.png (626x700, 432K)

I agree. Undertale is the better game mechanically but I remember every quirky stuff that happens in LISA while I can't even remember half of Undertale. LISA had more soul.

>chaddest indie dev in existence
?

Undertale has the worst fanbase in all of vidya but the game itself is better than what Yea Forums gives it credit for. It's better than LISA in nearly all aspects except for atmosphere. I loved the atmosphere of Painful, and some of the humor. Gameplay-wise and story-wise Undertale shits on LISA though.

Attached: 9dcaf7a4ea1ab42abd9655ce58eeb2eb.png (159x170, 136K)

based as fuck

Have you not seen him recently?
Man's balding and fat
His life is basically going down the drain

pretty much this

lisa appeals less to trannies soooo

>story-wise Undertale shits on LISA

imagine actually thinking this lol

Toby made a 4 hour long RPG by himself in Game Maker and, in less than half a decade, became the most popular indie dev ever. His character's in Smash, and its creator personally shout-outed him and personally asked for a new composition for Smash. He has absolutely dominated every other indie game, made millions, and cemented himself as one of the most based devs ever with nothing but a 4 hour long, poorly coded GameMaker RPG.

Both are fun

twitter.com/cometandcrow?lang=en
Look at Austin's Twitter and take a look at his upcoming "game", Air Marty. The man has surely fallen from grace. Meanwhile look at Toby, who is riding high on millions and making yet another passion project.

Attached: gigachad(2).jpg (1068x601, 65K)

based

Joyless Pain Modechads ww@?

LISA's story and world stuck with me way more than Undertale's
also this

Attached: 1555619724671.jpg (1080x1207, 98K)

>everyone saying LISA is edgy
I mean sure, the story is grim but LISA is very much a black comedy. LISA is more focused as well, and overall feels like it has much more of an idea of what it wants to be. I personally like LISA's OST more, but that is really up for debate because both OSTs are fantastic. LISA's battle system is a lot simpler and less nuanced then Undertale's.

If I had to rate on individual merits I would go:
>Visual direction
LISA
>Music
Draw
>Gameplay
Undertale
>Characters
LISA
>Narrative
LISA
>Overal
LISA

However this is colored by the fact that I am in no way a fan of meta narratives.

Attached: board_game_characters3.jpg (1200x1200, 586K)

Correct, Undertale had good music but LISA is god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M
take it back

>number of good undertale fangames: 0
>number of good lisa fangames: 2
checkmate

Attached: swiss.png (348x359, 163K)

For me: Undertale has superior music, replay factor and plot. But Brad and Buddy's relationship was more interesting, at least at first. If LISA lived up to its potential and was executed half as well as Undertale maybe I would prefer it, but Undertale is still obviously the better game in terms of sheer quality. It just has so much soul and charisma, the combat system in Undertale is vastly superior

>more repaly value
Fucking how, Genocide Route is a boring grind with two interesting bosses.
LISA's party system gives it a fuckton more replay value than Undertale.

Attached: 1493484572831.png (515x462, 37K)

I liked LISA but the DLC was extremly underwhelming

you definitely know about autism, that's a takeaway.

>number of cancelled lisa fangames: ???
lol

hot metal is such a banger of a track that hopeful beats pointless because of it

story: lisa
humour: lisa
combat: undertale
music: undertale

hey
>number of good undertale fangames: 0
dumbass

There's no real debate to this.
If you want a retard proof kid's game, with writing so poor to call levels LEVELS OF VIOLENCE as an ebin fourth wall break go for Undertale.

If you want a game that treats its reader like an adult, and demands he use his head to survive in an uncaring apocalypse, go for LISA. 3/4th the people that play the DLC even get filtered by it by writing a drugged up child soldier as she'd reasonably be

LISA The Painful > Undertale > Deltarune (currently) > LISA The Joyful.
The Joyful was weaker in pretty much every way, even the music felt a bit more generic if still good quality.
Deltarune will probably surpass Undertale when it releases in full, I hope it surpasses LISA The Painful too but I'm not sure if it will without seeing more.

>by himself
Why do people forget Temmie? Why do people forget that he'd be nothing without Hussie? What about the Kickstarter rewards that have not been fulfilled? What about saying that "I don't want an Undertale sequel" but then making one in the most weasely way possible?

There is nothing CHAD about relying on others, having luck and being just another spineless liar than Hussie.

I lose nothing from a bunch of faggots never finishing their fan projects when I already have two actual good free games to play.

LISA made me laugh more which in turn made me care more for the characters especially when the hard decisions came. I was much more emotionally invested in that game.

Undertale made me hate the characters but it allowed you to go for a genocide run which also gave you the chance to fight two of the best bosses in the game. The fact that it gave you the freedom to do that is also commendable.

both are shit only faggots enjoy.

Lisa was flavor of the month garbage compared to Undertale. It was trying too hard to be dramatic and shocking but never really delivering in anything clever or significant, it was a one-note tragedy. Undertale's drama was better written because it fleshed out its characters a lot more and utilized each one more effectively. Lisa had an ok story, but while it was trying to be edgy Undertale was actually getting players attached to its characters and its world. That's why Undertale has a fuckton of quotables and unforgettable scenes. The most you can say about Lisa is that it's very tragic and sad, but that's really it. Undertale has that, and more, it has universal appeal. Fighting in Undertale is satisfying because of the unconventional shmup system and all the wacky imagery + dialogue being thrown around on screen exclusive to that enemy. Lisa's fights are more standard, but that applies to most things about the game. Undertale is just more creative across the board. You can do all kinds of mental gymnastics and throw ad homs at me all you want, deep down (you) know I'm right.

Attached: 156310234898.png (500x375, 295K)

fuck off Toby.

v/ only hates undertale because its popular

Reading this thread, it's baffling how many fedoras there are pretending LISA's story and gameplay are somehow even on par.

>how, experimenting with party composition and debuffs is infinitely more intriguing than dodging different colored lines over and over

>realize that pissed and that other are the only debuffs that can prevent the instant death attacks most of the later bosses do
>incorporate that into your basic rotation then spam it for most of the game

wow, so deep, I surely haven't seen this exact same gameplay in a thousand JRPGs

damn air marty looks dope thanks for showing me that
wishlisted

Attached: 1426304360585.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

>DUDE who cares about bullet hell battle system, more varied and memorable characters when you can have a boring rpgmaker battle style and literally whos
once this shitty circlejerk thread is over only one game will still have genuine love for it and its not LISA

Attached: Battler_Chester.png (264x264, 8K)

>Undertale's drama was better written because it fleshed out its characters a lot more and utilized each one more effectively.

Lisa is pretty meh outside the few good moments but you have to be a sped to think any undertale character besides the fat skeleton is more than a one note gimmick.
> Undertale is just more creative across the board.
Undertale is Tarantino tier in trying to pass off ripping off asian shit wholesale and trying to pass it off as a homage

>playing both games simultaneously

Attached: 1639286387253287.jpg (3840x2160, 999K)

Undertale because how much a fag the Lisa dev is.

Should I get Undertale or Celeste? I only have ten dollars for the next two weeks, I can only afford one

Easily Undertale. You have to be the most pretentious anti-fun faggot there is to act like LISA even comes close

Celeste is faggot shit. Undertale.

Except joyful literally shows that Brad did nothing wrong

Pirate both.

Okay, thanks

Woah, only took like 500 of these threads for the right opinion to surface.

Attached: 0525dfde-f8a5-4881-9427-add55049fd88.jpg (500x497, 51K)

>Undertale was actually getting players attached to its characters and its world.

When will this meme stop? Just because you have a shitty dating cutscene rip off doesn't mean you're getting to know the character better. They only appear once or twice and have little to no impact on the three endings the game has.

Only character that gets to appear more than once and interact with you multiple times depending on how you play is Sans.

Attached: 3a7.jpg (800x800, 273K)

I love both of these games.
Music and characters were great!
I love videogames!

Attached: 1567637435675.gif (256x224, 15K)

ew, imagine loving videogames

There's literally only one enemy in the game which is pacified by spamming spare over and over and part of the challenge was realising that you're supposed to do it in that instance.

So he's basically becoming Brad then?

user you are the autistic one. The creator did not want to make a "point about violence" or anything of the sort. It's just a game. The game fucks with you if you kill goatmom because that should be fun from the player's perspective (while also invoking some feels of course). Shit I bet you would have had one of your autism meltdowns if you savescummed, because the game knows if you do that, and Flowey will rub in your face how he knows you savescummed to save goatmom after shamelessly killing her previously.