Is it worth the price? have the dpad issues been fixed?

is it worth the price? have the dpad issues been fixed?

Attached: 71kB11rWCOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1270x1085, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Official-Controller-RetroPie-Raspberry/dp/B07NZ2T32L/
twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1031975733151903746?s=20
twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1087109120312786944?s=20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please I also need an answer to this.

No 8BitDo controller is worth what they cost, they're a meme.

bump for the answer

Kekkeroni, based brainlet.
The M30 is fucking perfect.
But it's true that the rest of them always have some sort of minor issues.

Attached: M30.jpg (2000x1333, 659K)

It's pretty good if you buy official ones. Don't buy it online, Amazon has a warehouse of unofficial clones.

Attached: IMG_20190312_081155.jpg (400x400, 20K)

For goodness sake, don't you own a 360/PS3/Xbone/PS4 controller already? No? How about a PS2 controller? If so, buy a $5 usb adapter for it and you're golden.

Why are you buying that overpriced garbage when this exists and uses the official Saturn molds from Sega themselves?

amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Official-Controller-RetroPie-Raspberry/dp/B07NZ2T32L/

Perhaps YOU'RE the brainlet????

Attached: 1562898888804.png (824x720, 430K)

retroflag has the best retro controller

Just get a Xbox/PS4/Switch controller for modern shit

Attached: index.jpg (300x169, 4K)

wait what kinda places actually stock those

>when this exists and uses the official Saturn molds from Sega themselves?
Two reasons:

1-The M30 is natively compatible with the Switch
2-The Retro-Bit controllers have been tested and found to be of dodgy quality, they claim to be official but their build quality is incredibly shit and they fall apart/break very easily

No user, YOU are still the brainlet.

Attached: 253A.jpg (1200x1036, 270K)

The dpad isn't as awful as the standard SN30 Pro, but it's not perfect either - firmly a 8/10 dpad. That's kind of the whole controller honestly. Nothing mind blowing. The buttons are nice and clicky and the triggers feel pretty good. It has a nice heft to it. For $50 it's a good deal.

This begs the question: what controller is closest to perfect? I'm open to unconventional suggestions; I don't think the Xbone, DS4, or Switch Pro are all that.

Wii U Pro Controller. Good luck getting it to work on fucking anything though.

Does it come in the super famicom colors?

what does Yea Forums think of the astro c40tr?

Attached: astroc40tr.jpg (900x600, 155K)

Both the WiiU Pro and the Switch Pro have fucking awful d-pads.

If you can't beat Celeste or Meatboy with a Switch Pro controller you are probably just shit at video game.s

>The dpad isn't as awful as the standard SN30 Pro
Literally uses the same d-pad as the SN30 Pro.
Same EXACT internal.
All of them are based on the internal of a Switch Pro controller, thus why they have the same misinput problems.
You people are completely delusional, retarded, unfinformed little turdlets.
Only the first batch of SN30 Pro did.
They had to stop very quickly because Nintendo was getting pissed.

Attached: 8Bitdo-SF30-Pro-SN30-Pro-review-2.jpg (2500x1548, 443K)

Does that mean most players just have shit execution?

The M30 is the only objectively amazing controller 8bitdo has ever made.
If you disagree you've never tried it.

Attached: M30.jpg (1001x1001, 177K)

no way am I paying $200 for a controller that still has usb-a. Looks pretty neat though

Wondering about this too. I'd love a controller that I can use for both my Switch and my PC, since I don't have Pro controller and my PS4 controllers analogue sticks are breaking apart more and more.

Switch Pro d-pad is not perfect, but it's not broken either. 360 d-pad was basically unusable. Switch Pro d-pad is fine. The diagonal issue is easy to avoid through muscle memory alone. It's really only a problem for fighting games.

its okay, better dpad than switch, nice customization too.

>6 button
literally useless for anything other than fighting games.

but dude, it's tournament ready dude

Best controller coming through

Attached: 87968814-01e4-591b-a7e8-702e41bdc51f.jpg (1350x1151, 91K)

Well, yes, that's always the case.

But mostly essentially what's happening is that the internals of the Switch Pro misread inputs due to an error in how the internal layout of the D-Pad was made.
If you press up-down or left-right there's a chance it could read an up-down or left-right in there if you quickly alternate between them.

This is in every Switch Pro, and thus in any (non M30) 8bitdo controller, because they share internals.
This problem really isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be and in BOTH Switch Pro controllers and 8bitdo controllers CAN VERY EASILY BE FIXED BY YOURSELF by gluing a very thin piece of plastic in the middle of the D-Pad layout underneath.
Takes less than 3 minutes, and you can pick what you want to put on there yourself to make sure it doesn't fuck with the feeling of the d-pad too much.
I wish more people knew about this basic DIY shit that takes 0 effort.

Attached: switch-pro-02.jpg (640x546, 209K)

The controller is quite literally made for fighting games, yes.
That's the whole point.

Then it's down to quality control which has either gotten better since the Pro or I got lucky this time, because the dpad on my Pro Plus feels usable and the dpad on my Pro feels like shit.

Still down for a better controller. I liked the Wii U Pro, but it was a bitch to make work and has digital triggers, so I stopped using it.

the best pro controller there is the astro c40tr

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x900, 176K)

All these retro-inspired controllers are junk. Get a real first party controller and an adapter.

T. Someone who hasnt used any

>bad triggers
>$200
>micro-usb

Maybe drop it to $120 or fix the triggers and make it usb-c and it would be good

only pseuds think 6 face button pads are good.

bad d-pad, which is by far the most important part of a controller.

They're necessary for fightan, and that's why the controller was made.
That, and Sonic, but that's secondary.

t. marketer

pwn da noobs XD11!one!1 ultra elite power yeah

Sell me on why this thing is worth 200 bucks

>touchpad
>share

lmao

Based. The best one was under our noses the entire time. Made by Hori and at a nice price.

Attached: pokkén.jpg (900x542, 150K)

Get a fightstick if you want to play those games

how do posts like this not get torn apart anymore? why did you retards just let the redditors take over?

Not on the Switch, it would nullify the portable nature of the hardware.
The M30 is perfect when you need to bring your switch somewhere and need to fit everything into a small space.

Kind of a niche need, i'll admit, but it fits what i needed it for perfectly.
Also, arguably, since it's compatible with PC natively it's also good if you need to bring a laptop around and want to play some emulated fighting games and don't want to bring a stick with you.
Essentially the M30 is good for any situation where you want to play fightan, need to bring your Laptop/Switch somewhere, and don't want to carry a stick with you.

Attached: 235ad.png (634x577, 76K)

Why would it get torn apart?
If i'm playing something on PC i use my PS4 controller and a simple adapter, it's a pretty common solution.
Unless i'm playing fighting games of course, it's good for anything else.
What's your beef here, exactly?

this desu i have two of them

I own the M30 and a wired Retrobit. I prefer the blue boomerang. I got the M30 afterwards because of the shape, but turns out the "ergonomics" didn't feel right. The dpad feels worse, specially the diagonals.

Attached: D6htPH3UwAAFYK0.jpg large.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>native bluetooth support
>feels nice in the hand
>40 bucks
>works out of the box on any windows 7 and newer machine
You are all dumb.

Attached: 71WX6wVepIL._AC_.jpg (1500x1080, 94K)

>modular
>dpad and sticks are replaceable
>can be used both wired and wireless
>great build quality
>compatible with PC and has software to configure it

>bad dpad
you don't even own one.

you type like a complete faggot

D-Pad is trash = useless controller
We don't all play dogshit zoomer vomit all day like you, subhuman goblino.

But the official website leads to the Amazon store page.

I prefer the M30, i think it all depends on the size of your hands and if your thumbs tend to hit the plastic edge when you're performing or not.

It's $300

So you just wanna be angry?
Ok, be angry i guess.

Attached: 1336499843912.jpg (380x488, 35K)

Now again in English

is there a controller like that saturn one but with dual sticks (staggered preferred) and dual shoulder buttons? Namely just wanted two extra face buttons, though four (extra triggers) would be cool.

I don't think so, you'd have to go dig into shitty chinesium territory and get the real cheap shit.
Not worth it.
Most saturn inspired controllers don't go for the stick route because they get in the way of positioning your hands for fighting games, which is what they're actually used for on average.

So is there a controller with a decent d-pad?
Should I just learn to configure the steam controller so its "d pad" isn't garbage?

Wii U Pro controller is perfect. Don't know what you are babbling about, you babbler.

no
don't buy it.

Buy this one instead;

Attached: 1564939703453.jpg (500x374, 29K)

so much for summer 2019

The faggots won. Enjoy the anime girls.

>buy an expansive controller just to have to fix it

Attached: 1544272798752.jpg (500x500, 29K)

it's not so much for fightan games as it is to have more buttons to map for actions in other games. i've seen "scuf" type controllers or the xbox elite one that add extra finger triggers but they're not their own buttons (ie, not extra outside the standard). would make some games a bit easier to play.
i was even thinking of using a foot peddle mapped as alt/ctrl to get alternate inputs (like alt-x button for a new action) but that might not even work

What can i say, blame Nintendo, it's the source of all this bullshit on a core design level.
But it's not a problem with the electronics, just the layout.
Easy to fix, and once fixed works like a charm, it would be a bigger deal if it required soldering or other more complicated shit.

i left Yea Forums months ago it's your board now not mine

Attached: 1548019278093.png (1059x1080, 626K)

I heard the xenoblade 2 pro controller fixed the d pad issue.

Just a rumor that was floating around for some time.
The internals are the same.

I got an old SF30Pro. It's been pretty great.
What's supposed to be the issue?

Sometimes people are conned into getting off-brand clones (i think this is mostly happening by US customers, their Amazon seems to be doing shady shit).
That, and the Switch Pro d-pad issue is shared by them, as explained here:

Amazon was dumping them for 12 bucks back around Christmas. Grabbed two of them even though I don't even have the Switch version of Pokkan.

No. I bought one, then returned it the same day it came in.

The d-pad is on par with the Switch Pro Controller, albeit suffering from different issues; it maintains inputs if you change directions while holding another. For example, if you press down, then roll your thumb to move right or left, it maintains the down input and gives you a down-right or down-left input. In games like Ghosts n Goblins, this means that you'll remain crouching rather than moving left or right. The controller also generally feels a bit cheap, especially the black one. The buttons are bizarrely spread out, and both the d-pad and buttons have very little actuation or depth to them. When you press them, it barely registers, from a tactile perspective.

All in all, it's a meme and a huge waste of money. As someone who returned their Switch Pro Controller to Nintendo three times with RMAs in the hopes of a fix or revised model, I was incredibly disappointed. Don't waste your money.

>still no release date
They said it would come out in fall of 2018, fuck them.

Does it have analog triggers? That is my biggest complaint against the switch pro controller.

Been using the G edition since it came out, it's quickly become my favorite controller. D-pad is a little stiff, not as clicky as the original SN30 Pro, but otherwise I love the thing.

I just turned on Super Ghouls and Goblins to see if you were bullshitting or not and I had absolutely no problem switching from down inputs to left or right.

Why did Nintendo get pissed about the Super Famicom colors but is perfectly fine with the Super Nintendo colors?

They're not.
These two were the original colors, you can't get these (as in, they don't make new ones in these colors) anymore.

Attached: 4.jpg (800x800, 79K)

This is all you can get now, instead.
Any old model you find is before Nintendo urged them to stop (and/or clones by copycats).

Attached: 5.jpg (1371x649, 343K)

the dpad on the xbone controller is wonderful, retard
>xbone for modern vidya
>retroflag/8bitdo controller for older stuff
all you need

>the dpad on the xbone controller is wonderful
HAH
Goddamn, that's a good joke Timmy.
Now be a good boy and go play your halos and gays of war, please, we're trying to have a serious thread here.

Attached: 1334172640157.jpg (421x886, 28K)

Nintendo can't actually do anything, because the designs are in public domain. They really shouldn't.

Oh, sorry, I can see the problem.

The colors/design identity are another thing... yes, Nintendo can stop they for that, if it's trademarked. Like the font/colors. If it isn't, then they can't do anything.

I don't know about that.
I think they very HEAVILY pressured them into stopping production of those models.
You can't get them on their website anymore, those colors/design aren't listed anymore at all.

It's not a coincidence that Nintendo is making their SNES controllers soon, i think that was the biggest factor why they wanted 8bitdo to step back with that design, they didn't want customers to get confused and think the 8bitdo stuff was official Nintendo hardware and steal sales away from them or something like that.

Attached: super-nes-switch-controller.jpg (1262x704, 147K)

Oh wow, really? I have the SNES design on my SN30 Pro and I was really disappointed I couldn't get the SFC version for the Pro+.

Still boggles my mind that Nintendo made a SNES controller with four shoulder buttons.

Yep those are "rare" now.
Well, as rare as an unlicensed third party controller can be, so it's probably not gonna skyrocket in price in the future or anything.
But still something that isn't made anymore.

Mine came in last week with no issues to report. I've used it with my PC, my Switch, and my Android phone with a clip to hold it. 9/10 controller thus far

I love this controller except for when games sperg out because it's dinput. Steam games are usually safe from this but I wish it was just xinput, otherwise it'd be perfect. I love the big bumpers.

Yes, it's a trademark thing.

That shit doesn't work. It just makes diagonals feel shitty.
The fix would be to put a bigger and thicker pivot on the d-pad so the damn thing doesn't sink or wobble so much when you switch directions.

>some retard tries to argue that the 360/xbone controller dpad is bad
>their reasoning is "just because"

Attached: 1549731729060.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>four shoulder buttons
sound actually fucking perfect for emulating non analog PSX games

WHERE IS IT?!

Attached: 1565139542905m.jpg (1024x545, 43K)

Jesus Christ you fags are so picky about your fucking controller. Are you all zoomers or something? We all dealt with the square ugly NES controller and having the N64 controller with the stiff stick and we played games just fine. Nowadays you OCD retards have to open your controllers and fine tune them like you're using them to conduct brain surgery. It's just video games for fucks sake. Buy a first party console controller and quit your bitching.

Nigga just use DS4Windows.
All of us using PS4 controllers do.

xbone isn't
360 is the worst d-pad i have ever laid my dorito encrusted fingers on

I think Hori controllers are much better than 8Bitdo's. The Horipad for Nintendo Switch costs only $20 and although it has some problems, has a wire, and no motion sensor, it is serving me well to play (better than the 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro).
The problem with this controller is that the dpad feels like shit (however, it is more accurate than Sn30Pro's junk). Analog sticks are not that good either (in mine, when I position the left one up or down, I feel a little friction on the plastic, which gives a low quality product feel). But even the analog sticks are better than the Sn30Pro, as this controller has calibration problems (in my case, 60% of the course is already interpreted as 100% by the Switch and PC, although the last update fixed this for PC games).

Attached: horipad.png (444x379, 86K)

>360 d-pad isnt bad

Attached: 1510648875314.jpg (556x416, 32K)

>I think Hori controllers are much better than 8Bitdo's.
Depends.
Hori controllers are OFFICIALLY LICENSED by Nintendo so that means when they have an issue, Nintendo will actually go out of their way to help them.
To name one: their Switch joycon with cross d-pad had an issue where it would drain your Switch battery when in rest mode.
Nintendo patched THE SWITCH ITSELF and solved that issue for them.
That is a level of support that you won't get from any other non first party controller.

That being said, that controller you just posted is some gay ass shit, my nigga.
It's actually pretty terrible.
But there's other things Hori makes that are pretty based, and my #1 most anticipated upcoming release by them is coming out early next month...

Look at this thick son of a bitch.
Look at that girth.

Attached: HORI Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro.jpg (1404x1476, 96K)

i don't know about that one, but this one is
playing on the switch with an xbone controller is a godsend

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 26K)

I just got one two days ago.

Pros:
>D-Pad is their best yet, they added some plastic piece in the center to prevent directional errors
>Handles make it easier to use the sticks
>Triggers feel nice, they're smooth with a bit of feedback, at least as good as Xbone and DualShock. Way better than Logitech controllers
>Seems to connect to the Switch easier than the previous models
>Triggers and bumpers are both easy to reach without much hand, something I had an issue with on Xbone controller
>Vibration motor is more powerful than official Switch ones

Cons:
>It has a gyroscope and analog triggers, but there's no way to use them at the same time
>Home button is way too close to face buttons, already died in Smash over hitting the home button
>Their "ultimate" software isn't very good. I can actually disable that home button, but can't move the share button elsewhere. Can't bind the buttons to keyboard keys on PC.
>No HD rumble (abandoned by Nintendo anyway)
>Still can't wake the Switch

>astro
>great build quality
I worked at EBGames
every day we would have people returing an astro product. your opinion isn't worth the shit they print their manuals on.

Why yes I use the best controller, how could you tell?

Attached: PSController.jpg (1088x612, 33K)

are you 12

Fuck off. Every controller I have is fuckin' great. Works on the switch, pc, snes/nes classic, ps4, xbox, it's fucking great.

People like to shit on them but never actually come up with a controller that's better. 8Bitdo is one of the few lines of controllers where they actually attempt to address some issues.
Meanwhile Nintendo basically invented the d-pad as we know it and does't know how the fuck to do it today. Sony adds a retarded touchpad and a light that drains your battery. Microsoft improved their d-pad but their most expensive premium controller is one of the most poorly made in existence.

>baby controller
Kek.

Is "dpad issues" the running meme when it comes to controllers? Like, "every controller I dont like has dpad issues"?

>Is "dpad issues" the running meme when it comes to controllers?
See
Where i explain what the problem actually is.

wait this shit still isn't out? i thought they had fucking sega helping them with it.

Get an xbox 360 controller or a logictech one then use an adapter to run it on consoles.

Well memed my friend

Just get a Pokken controller instead. Better AND cheaper.

>"problem"
It's a matter of taste isn't it? Wouldn't some people like having extra light inputs register? I'm sure it would piss other people off if the controller came with the "fix" and you had to meticulously press the direction with force that you wanted, leading to a blistered thumb.

>It's a matter of taste isn't it?
...no?
>Wouldn't some people like having extra light inputs register?
What are you saying?

Attached: 1330345023602.jpg (349x314, 17K)

>extra light inputs
Nigga i don't think you understand.
If you switch from left to right, you might get up or down mixed in.
And same for up or down, you'll get left or right.
Do you not understand just how damaging this is when you're trying to play a tight ass platformer, one of the main reasons why you'd want a good cross d-pad?

Attached: 1319731854500.jpg (530x530, 70K)

>dpad issues been fixed
No, neither have the deadzones on the analogue stick. Like always, they've refused to answer questions about it.

All third party controllers have these issues. All of them.

Yeah, I honestly think this controller is pretty great. Its dpad was the best dpad I've ever used until it wore down into a still decent dpad. The sticks are pretty good too, the buttons feel nice. Damn digital triggers though.

It's not that terrible and the price is stupidly low. What I don't understand is why the dpad is so disgusting when they could have put something like Hori Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad, which is very good.
Anyway, I think it's better to buy 4 Horipad than 1 Nintendo Pro Controller, which is an overpriced controller.

For someone who doesn't have a fat rolling thumb and enjoys quick responsiveness they'd probably be happy with a dpad that responds to a feather touch. Kind of like how you can tune analog stick deadzones to react to the lightest touch.

All I'm trying to say is that everyone screeches about "dpad issues" for literally every controller but it might just be a matter of taste.

then get good

I have the 8Bitdo adapter. The problem is the input delay.
For Dualshock 4, commands take 15% longer to respond than joycons, and for Dualshock 3, the delay is over 30% (which is quite noticeable, especially in platform games).

Even if the Pro Controller's D-Pad was good I still wouldn't find it comfortable to use simply because of the position it's in. The 360 layout isn't suited for 2D games.

The original Sn30 Pro has a really bad dpad, it's not a matter of taste. He is inaccurate. As careful as you are, you will be dealing with something that is not as accurate and that will increase your likelihood of making mistakes.
Take for example my performance difference in Tetris99 (of course, the controller is not 100% responsible for performance, I may have played better the last 4 games, had more luck, etc., but the SN30Pro has a part of responsibility because it is inaccurate).
Note: my version is the classic one with the start_select diagonally

Attached: D7Yqg-GVsAEiRKg.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

so what is a controller with a good dpad? i own a ds4, ds3 and xbone controller

In my opinion all three of those you mentioned have good/excellent dpads (including Xbox One).
And they are all better than Sn30Pro (original version, not this new one). For example, I played the entire Hollow Knight with the Xbox One controller and I never had any problems, but once I tried to play with the Sn30Pro I found it hard to do simple things like jump right / left and use the down attack (simple things like bouncing on thorns became difficult with the Sn30Pro).
If you are looking for something exclusively for the Switch, the best dpad I found was the Hori Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad. But this controller has no analog sticks, which make it less useful.

DS4 is fine for everything but fighting games (i mean, you can use it for fighting games but it's not great, you'll get blisters).
For fighting games, either use a stick, or this That's it really.

And if we're talking Switch specifically, for anything that's a platformer or otherwise requires a good d-pad, i actually recommend pic related, or this

Attached: Hori switch joycon.jpg (1500x1500, 134K)

Don't fall for Chinese lies.

Fuck no it isn't. I had to get the Hori Fighting Commander controller because the Xbone's shitty d-pad kept getting me hurt and killed in the Mega Man games and BoI. It's only slightly less shitty than the 360's d-pad and that's damning with faint praise.

The ones you have are perfectly fine There's no reason to give into Chinese knockoff garbage.
I honestly don't understand Yea Forums's recent obsession with shilling shitty controllers

I've just been using the pro controller and that works just fine.

>this controller works just fine except for the parts that you need to control games with

I have it and it's a shit controller. Expected better from Hori.

No this is a tiny company that has to lie to its customers that its a finished product, you are paying for early access hardware.

I fell for the SF30 Pro meme after having a friend recommend it to me and the D-Pad was just as bad as the Switch Pro Controller. At least I managed to fix it so that diagonals feel deliberate now, but that doesn't make it a better product.

Attached: 142353313523.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

USB retrobit controllers are dogshit, man.

Retro-bit, the same guys behind the new official saturn-esque controllers, seem to be planning one with more buttons and sticks for modern consoles
twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1031975733151903746?s=20
twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1087109120312786944?s=20

Attached: 3485557-04_genesis analog.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Their genesis controller is bretty good, dunno about the saturn one.

Retrobit products are pretty low quality.
They hide behind collaborating officially with SEGA as a mark of quality of sorts, but the truth is that SEGA themselves are a far cry from what they used to be, and the shit that comes out is pretty garbage.

What don't you like about it? I recently bought it, I'm playing Tetris99 (since in Sn30Pro I do frequent missdrops and my Hori Pokkén doesn't have analog sticks to change targets), Elite Dangerous and Dragon Quest XI and aside from the fact that the dpad has a shitty feeling and the sticks cause some friction that bothers me, my gaming performance is not being affected. I haven't regretted it yet, but maybe it has some problem that I haven't noticed...

God I hope it functions. I hope Sega beat them into not being shitty chinese taint.

SEGA is made entirely of chinesium themselves.
SEGA can't even handle any IP they have decently without running it into the ground, aside from Yakuza (and they're making Yakuza into a shitty turn based abomination so they're fucking up there too).

Yeah but it only works on PC, and you can't use gyro if it's enabled.

woah that's actually pretty cool. hope it's not like $120 or something stupid

No

Attached: 1547174226401.jpg (1840x3264, 1014K)

>iBuffalo
Fuckin classic

Attached: 12893798127983.jpg (250x236, 11K)

Is this secretly the best Nintendo d-pad ever?

Attached: Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg (3640x2020, 1.81M)

Wii Classic Controller Pro would be fucking perfection if it had clickable sticks.

No.
Fuck no.

i like mine but most of the benefits IMO come from the grip buttons, so I end up using the Steam Controller most of the time. Also there's been QA issues with the stick modules developing a grinding texture, Astro will send you replacement sticks but it's still a fucking pain.

I bought it mainly for the d-pad and it's absolute garbage as it's just a removable rubber piece sitting on top of four buttons and feels awful. As a regular analog controller it does it's just adequately but in that case I can just use the regular Switch Pro instead (and have rumble/gyro). I ended up getting discount Pokken controllers for 2D games but realized too late I still can't play games like Binding of Isaac as it's missing buttons.

the fucking best I got one the SNES version and for anything 2D it is perfect, 8bitdo tests their shit and the dpad issue from the pro controller is nonexisting, money well spent if you want another controller and the dpad more accesible

but it has 8

this is better than the 8bitdo pad

Attached: file.png (1000x857, 381K)

Kek.

Real talk tho, i fucking love the M30.
Fuck anyone that says otherwise, best 8bitdo controller by a mile.
The only reason why i have a solid animu fightan collection on my Switch and play them all with my friends every day is this fucking thing right here.

Attached: 3.jpg (2000x1333, 727K)

The original NES controller had the best d-pad they ever made. SNES one always felt mushy in my opinion and they just got steadily worse until the Wii U Pro pad redeemed them.. then they threw that away with the Switch's horrible d-pads on both the console and Pro controller.

SNES ASCII controller was pure sex and I wish they were still alive and making controllers.

8bitdo is nice for the Switch. Get yourself a xbox / xbone / ps4 controller if you want to use a controller on PC

Sounds like it's good for rolling inputs (fighting games) but shit for platformers.

No.
NEVER USE A CROSS D-PAD FOR FIGHTING GAMES.
The Sony pseudo-cross d-pad can sorta work but what you always want is a single mesh such as this and variations of.

>best 8bitdo controller by a mile.
The only good one.

The d-pad is a little stiff at the beginning but it gets better after a couple of hours using it.

also if you get the controller
GET THE SOFTWARE

It will save you time and is working perfectly when you realize that a configuration is needed to get the best out of the controller

Anybody had experience with this dongle? I'm interested in it as it works with the SNES/NES Classic controllers along with the Wii U pad.

Attached: 1549596542958.jpg (1100x1100, 65K)

I just wish they weren't so fucking slow with the updates.
M30 has been stuck at v1.13 for months now, there's still room to improve, they should release a new patch.

It's fine but keep in mind it always adds latency.

Oh yes, the dpad is disgusting.

WHEN CAN WE BUY IT

FUUUUCK

Attached: Capture.jpg (1669x783, 127K)

The snes controllers are sexy as fuck

Don't get your panties wet just yet.
If they're using the Switch Pro as a base (and they most likely are) you'll get the same damn issues we've experienced with both Switch Pro and 8bitdo controllers.
Until they change that goddamn internal layout we're always gonna suffer from that problem.

>X
OH NO NO NO NO

>under a family plan via a friend of a friend
>can't buy the controller as only said stranger can have it shipped to him and I doubt he'll want to bother with ordering it, having it shipped to him, then him shipping it to me.

No fucking reason to limit the NES or these fucking things.

i still play with the 360 controller on pc, but the dpad is definitely the worst part. creaks like a motherfucker as well

From what I heard it's the same internals as the original pads aside from the bluetooth functionality and extra buttons. The Classic controllers were literal clones of the originals so no reason why these Switch versions aren't as well.

That's what happens when you are a poor nigger

Any new Switch Pro controller is fixed, it was just that the X2 version was guaranteed to be fixed. You can check serial numbers

How do you hold your genesis controller? 6 face buttons with wide concave buttons makes it looks like resting it on your leg and pressing like an arcade stick would be best, but then the top row would suck.

I don't think so, the NES controller they did last year was fine, but I will wait for reviews anyway.

It depends on what fighting game you're playing.
For some you want to hold it like a stick, with your fingers lined up on the face buttons.
For others, you just hold it normally and reach with your thumb.
It's viable both ways because the controller is really small and more compact than the original design so your thumb can very easily reach every single button, aside from C.
C is the only one that takes a small amount of effort.
So i usually bind C to something secondary i don't push very often.

Attached: 35.jpg (800x600, 50K)

I'm talking about legit genesis games on a legit controller. Back then ABC were all frequently used by most games, and the reach required looks kinda shitty. Dpad looks godly though. I only had an SNES as a kid and still haven't had the chance to extensively use a genesis pad.

Ok, for a legit genesis the situation is more complicated.
Reaching C AND Z are both a bitch.
Resting it on your leg and using your fingers lined up like you're playing on a stick is recommended.

I'd rather use a stick.

You got used to it quickly and the controllers weren't that big. The original Genesis 6-button controller was outright tiny and almost smaller than the SNES pad so you had no problem reaching all the buttons.

Yes, but as i said before i don't want to bring around with me 2 sticks when i'm packing up my switch to go to a friend's house.
This way i have a portable mobile fightan station that takes 2 seconds to set up anywhere.
That was my goal.

>as i said before
Nobody knows what you said before nigger, where do you think you are? Reddit?

I want this one so bad, but I think they may be redesigning the positions of the analogs.

>Nobody knows what you said before nigger
I do, i always read every single post in every single thread i'm posting in.
It used to be the only way to keep track of a conversation on Yea Forums before (You)s were a thing.
Don't you remember?
Or did you only start posting here recently?

There are 88 people posting here user. Perhaps less. There's no way I'm attributing shit to another post when you call yourself anonymous.

>used to be the only way to keep track of a conversation
Except for reply chains. And even further back was when this website wasn't anywhere near as busy as it is now.