Friendly reminder that "megalomania" refers to the "obsession with the exercise of power."

Friendly reminder that "megalomania" refers to the "obsession with the exercise of power."

It's not his boss theme, it's yours.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P05Gv50Vrjs
youtu.be/8Miwq1Agavg
youtube.com/watch?v=5Fb9MebZiII
youtube.com/watch?v=x0I7gwkxryo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...Castlevania?

Fuck off Matpat

but it's megalovania not megalomania

nice theory except for the fact it has been used in homestuck before that

but that's just a theory

>Homestuck
>Run by an entire cabal of Powertripping faggots
your point?
Anyways, it's pretty evident that Megalovania isn't San's theme since Toby Fox creams himself over Leitmotifs, and the track "Song that might play when you fight Sans" has more in common with "Bonetrussel" and "Sans" than it has in common with "Megalovania"

Actually, it's his boss theme

Attached: 3048.png (148x125, 4K)

I didn't think anyone else on Yea Forums had played this game?

Attached: mega-lo-mania_imageworks_uk_d7.jpg (900x1150, 1.24M)

HOLY SHIT THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE
TOBY FOX IS A GENIUS

Attached: mh79c4nqi6i31.png (454x520, 11K)

No it's a throwback to Live a Live's boss theme. A game that's legit good and Square never EVER will release some sort of remaster or sequel to.

The remix of Megalovania featured in Smash is literally the best version of Megalovania ever. Listen to this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=P05Gv50Vrjs

In addition, This Sans fight is the only fight in the entire game where a monster gets to attack before you do. Sans is encountering you instead of the other way around, because you are more monstrous than he is.

Are there any games have the protag's theme for the final boss fight though? Persona 3 maybe?

Not really, there's a file called "Sans' theme" in the game data and it's another one, meaning Megalovania is NOT Sans' theme

i hate undertale like you but since you posted a sojak i will now defend it to death just to spite you

Is that Ayla's biddy Kino or whatever the fuck his name is.

The remix someone made that uses STMPWYFS+IRSE+Bonetrousle as the motifs is 10x better

No, it's Oersted from Live A Live, you ignoramus

hardest boss of all time
I still can't beat him
and before you say anything, I beat god hand

>new angle on some aspect of some game that gets people talking about said game, no matter if they realized it before or not
>WOW STOP SUCKING THE DEVS DICK YOU FUCKING PUSSIES
>wojak.jpg
Never post again you fucking retard.

What's giving you trouble, user?

The entire fight is just memorization and execution, keep trying but when you beat him do not go into the next room, reset your save instead

This song is painfully overrated. At least Bonetrousle or whatever it's called makes use of actual music theory.

Attached: 1564983840835.png (177x143, 41K)

>Arrangement by: Toby Fox
I'm pretty sure those guys from bamco could've done a better job. they are the best composers in the industry since the arcade days.

You mean it was used in an Earthbound hack before that.
youtu.be/8Miwq1Agavg

Hard mode?
KMS?
KMS Hard mode?
Either way, sans undertale is just memorization

The megalovania remix was really meh. A remix of sans thème would have been so much better for the whole game and would have made it less like a "haha funny skeleton meme" and more like a honest rep

Attached: IMG_20190905_124339.jpg (2048x1366, 198K)

doesn't sans lament the fact that he can tell you beat him and came back to rub it in his face?

Eh, I feel the opposite. That song has history beyond Undertale and it being in Smash is pretty crazy considering that it came from an Earthbound hack.
All it needs is to used on Magicant/Onett/New Pork City and things would come full circle.

It loops back around into being sans' theme because he's arrogantly challenging you and pulling every dirty trick in the book he can do to win.

Based Live a Live chad
It's funny how Undertale fans love Toby Fox but don't care about the games Toby loves and that he himself admitted were an influence on UT

Attached: oersted.jpg (335x397, 35K)

>implying I like Toby and not just his work
seperation of art and artist you mong

You got a great point. It's just feel a wasted opportunity that Toby didn't took the song hidden in the files, wich was the famous side subject of the game,
But now I feel more happy thinking your way

Yeah, because he's literally the last thing stopping you from fucking over the universe to the point where you can't even reset

>Yea Forums is just you
We still have the daily "how did he do it bros" Toby Fox fanbase thread hitting 300 replies you double mong.

prove that Yea Forums is getting threads like that still, you triple mong

>>new angle
What next? Oh my God.. when you think about it.. it's not actually a game.. IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF MOVING IMAGES. TOBY FOX IS A GENIUS

>the ASGORE and Bonetrousle motifs at the end
I knew he couldn't resist

btfo

>HOLY SHIT THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE
>TOBY FOX IS A GENIUS

Attached: soy latte.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

What? No, you can totally reset. In fact, you have to in order to get the best, 100% complete ending that combines the true pacifist and genocide endings for the supreme soulless pacifist ending, because Chara is locked inside the barrier and needs someone's help to break out.

Wasnt it the song that played when vriska achieved god hood?

yeah, I meant in the way that if you do reset then chara is stuck on your save.
>supreme soulless pacifist ending, because Chara is locked inside the barrier and needs someone's help to break out.
i thought the post-genocide pacifist ending was pic related, when everyone does get out of the barrier and its implied that chara kills everyone

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

So when are we going to talk about the true hero of Undertale?

Attached: gvjdnksm8sf31.jpg (1024x768, 65K)

i feel like i'm supposed to recognize that guy but i really don't know who it is.
the bulky chestplate and red scarf remind me of papyrus

Attached: ED9AC9AU8AAd5Tl.jpg:large.jpg (1200x1160, 192K)

>hood ears
for what purpose

to make him look cuter

Probably to make them appear as a monster, even if symbolically, and thus be inclusive.

never post this again

>there's a file called "Sans' theme" in the game data and it's another one, meaning Megalovania is NOT Sans' theme
It's called "Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans", not "Song that will play when you fight Sans"

I'm warning you Buster Brown, if you post that again on my vidya forum I'm gonna have to call a janny.

Oh right, Sans' theme. The one that plays in the Smash reveal. That song.

OH NO HE FUCKING DIDN'T

Attached: 1545385043717.gif (461x346, 149K)

>actual use of music theory
I agree it's overrated, but you sound like a massive tool kek.

Toby Fox was an edgy teen holy shit

the madman played necrofantasia to his church by ear, he's been pulling this shit for a long time

Don't say that, You're reminding me of this one retard who said horror games cant be scary because "its just moving images" and that makes my ulcer rupture.

Attached: 1558087510583.gif (320x240, 2.48M)

It's the stay with Toriel ending. You can tell because "Frisk" has a really weird, sickly skintone in the ending and it cuts off, whereas it's complete in the soulless pacifist ending, which is the intended fulfillment of Undertale that takes it to its logical end as a game to be completed and won.

>Powerhungry Chara is freed from the Underground, proceeds to run down the mountain

>Is Shot by a nigger and dies

best megalovania coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=x0I7gwkxryo

But Within the context of it's use in Homestuck, it gives even more evidence to OP's theory

>OH MY GOSH, TOBY FOX DECONSTRUCTED ME!

Attached: 1568232675166.gif (800x371, 123K)

>get pacifist ending
>make a cloud save
>complete genocide
>restore cloud save
>untainted happy ending
fuck you game, I win

I will never not hate this game, and the trash fanbase its attracted.

>lmao 3deep5 me
>full or memes and tropes
>Toby is clearly a genius who laid out every single intricate detail for us to discover meaning
>...except the Butter Dragon, he didnt *want* to make it a homage to easter eggs, he just had to!
I mean, he still took the money though...
>ur gunno haf a bad tiem!!!1 xD

Die in a fire you meme spamming faggots.

Attached: Sosorrybattle(2).gif (228x195, 409K)

>I mean, he still took the money though...
he offered a refund, the donator refused

>tfw never got that far in my genocide playthrough because Undyne walled me
People talk about chara and multiple characters and other lore stuff and I never have any idea what they're talking about.

Gonna need a citation on that. Clearly not the only problem here though.

No sympathy for you faggots who hate Undertale's fanbase yet continue to expose yourselves to it. I played it, discussed with Yea Forums a bit, and promptly removed myself. Same with Delta Rune.

yeah, nah, you're entitled to hate undertale.

>Then one day he messages me near the end of development and asks if he can just shitcan the whole thing, refund the money. All the fun ideas we talked about got scrapped. I stood up enough to say “no, thats real unfair” and that was about it.
source: butter dragon autist's tumblr

>undertale has a shitty fanbase
Wow, no shit you faggot. The game is still fun for what it is. Just leave it at that.

Same thing here. She kicked my ass a dozen times until I memorized her battle. After that it was a cakewalk until Sans. Gave up there. Stupid blue boner Skeleton.