What's your favorite L4D campaign?

What's your favorite L4D campaign?

Attached: left 2 death.jpg (220x299, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/CozyDelete/
tiermaker.com/create/l4d2-campaign-tier-list-58421
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything but Cold Stream.

No Mercy, followed by Dark Carnival

This

Dark Carnival for me.

What's wrong with Cold Stream? Too many hard drops for your pathetic uncoordinated team?

t. everyone on Earth

Any campaign where Rochelle dies.

Attached: HardRain.jpg (800x1021, 141K)

The Parish or Dead Center teebeeaytch
for me personally the L4D1 campaigns are pretty unmemorable, not bad though

>t. everyone on Earth
Maybe cause they're good and fun

this one has the best atmosphere of any map.

based masochist user

No Mercy to play, Hard Rain conceptually.

KINO but never in vs fuck that shit

Shopping mall is my favorite.
but the rest of that campaign is boring as hell.

Hard rain is great overall.
>3 fookin witches
>that corn field
>hopping on cars
>getting lost in the rainstorm and the characters say "I recognize that porch!"
>construction suit uncommon zombies

Attached: Hard-Rain-Town-Escape-left-4-dead-2-38796751-1024-576.jpg (1024x576, 119K)

Pretty much every l4d2 match was memorable to the point where I’m not sure which ones my fav, hard rain and dark carnival are definitely up there though.

dark carnival was cool

Dead Air followed by Death Toll.

i really like swamp fever and i might be the only one to say that

Anyone want to play?
steamcommunity.com/id/CozyDelete/

Honestly fuck Versus and fuck anything that isn't normal in multiplayer.

really fuck the community in general.

It has been so long I cant remember. I used to have friends and we would play this and try for achievements together. I am sad now.

I remember the Lakehouse finale in Death Toll being fun as fuck.

Attached: Death_Toll.jpg (1106x1474, 675K)

Do people still play it?

I have it but I've never played because my computer can barely run HL2 so I don't think it can run L4D

Ive had a lot of fun in VS but i can understand why the awful community would turn you off of it.

For me its all about the little victories in VS for example in campaigns like a tank can wipe a team ez at the finalie by just tossing them all in the lake and thats some of the best shit talking ive done in my life

I can barely remember them all. It was too long ago.

Man. Used to play that with a group of people from a forum. One of them gifted me the game. They've probably gone on to live normal lives now and I'm stuck in this hell.

Dead Air, probably.
I really like airports.

RIP Workshop content in Versus. Now I'm forced to use those fucking awful vanilla guns

VALVE MAKE GAMES AGAIN YOU FRIKIN ASS

Attached: db4[1].jpg (495x362, 17K)

Its been a while since I played the game but was there a level with ponies and trains?

Attached: 129308.jpg (300x174, 8K)

They do though, they just out a 2D low effort card game :)

what happened?

And auto chess

Blood Harvest and The Parish

I might be biased cause Blood Harvest was my first l4d campaign, but replaying them all in l4d2 i feel its one of the stronger original maps.

That being said, The Parish had masterful pacing, unique soild map design, and a variety of aesthetics. There is a reason, despite it being the last vanilla map, that it was featured on the demo

You really have to wonder what the majority of Valve's employees do all day.

distribute vac bans and wipe the grease out of gabe's creases

Death Toll from the first game. The Parish in the second, probably my favorite overall.

Dead Air and Dark Carnival

>what happened?
For years and years, Workshop content was usable in Versus, and then sometime about a year or so ago, Valve just quietly patched it out in an update as if it was an unintended bug for the past decade. Now you're forced to see vanilla assets in the game's unranked competitive mode.

I suppose, I wouldn't recommend playing with randoms though, it's almost never a good experience.

Jerk eachother off over VR and Dota esports.

why was survival verses never an offical game mode? It was objectively better than vanilla survival that helped with the bombastic, repetitive feel of that whole game mode

its 4 v 4 in a survival map and the teams would switch after each round to see who could survive the longest.

It was a blast

Probably planned to unironically include skins and a store, but they decided against it.

The one in the swamp in L4D2 is cool. I like the special enemies of that one

Dead Air has my favorite 5 levels. Rooftops, construction site, downtown area, airport, runway all well designed and apocalyptic.

This was probably the best Mutation.

Dead Air

Dark Carn doesn't FEEL like a dark carn though. Only map 3 does I guess.

Parish, Mercy, Dead Center, HardrainDownpour

Dang really? More of a friend thing? Maybe it's on PS3 I'll have to check

no mercy just because it's no mercy. for l4d2 though it's the parish.

gotta disagree. as long as you actually know how to play fps, campaign mode is fine. just don't go joining expert or vs and play like shit.

What's L4D? A new mode for Fortnite?

>over vr
but they haven't released any vr games either aside form that one tech demo lab. HTC vivie is almost 3 years old and still not 1 flagship vr game

Dead Air is still my favorite
still missing the expert achievement for finishing it though.
>back when i was in school
>up till 2 am playing games and jacking off
>bunch of pals experting all the L4d campaigns
>usually take a night to finish one of the campaigns one guy dies as we are at the finale, we all throw to start that chapter again
>thursday night/friday morning all about to get onto the plane at the dead air finale
>get tanked by one of the aircraft trundler things
>die
>the others make it onto the plane
I have been left for dead as they all get the achievements for experting all 4 campaigns
>"see you at school user" as I call a vote to restart

Attached: 065932.jpg (349x349, 17K)

>Playing first person shitters.
>Ever.

Attached: 14679764353.png (2000x2000, 1.37M)

>an*me loser so slow he can't play shootans
lol

No Mercy, compared to any other campaign this one clearly show there's a lot of work put into it and is extremely well polished.

All of them except crash course, hate how short that campaign is

Criminally underrated, especially as the water levels rise from the torrential rain.

>play Crash Course Versus with friends
>campaign ends in literally 2 minutes
Also the maps are annoyingly lengthy

Doom, Wolfenstein (before nu-wolfenstein), Heretic, Hexen, and more great classics would like a word with you.
By word I mean beat you to death

>great classics
they're classics, i'll give you that

love the atmosphere on that one

seething westcuck

Feel free to name a good Japanese shooter that was released pre-2000.
I'll wait while you furiously google then come up empty. Japs just don't do FPS very well for whatever reason.

>th-they dont count because I think they're not good!
doom and its clones are also shit.

Speaking only as a campaign player who frequently plays with randoms, its a grab bag realky.

I dropped into a few expert games where people were decent enough to share supplies and conserve resources.

Still waiting for a name.

For the base games I'd have to go with No Mercy or Hard rain. But overall the main reason i play the game every once in a while is for a cooperative run through the Silent Hill custom campaign

This on realism with friends is amazing

Hard Rain

i speak the truth.
tiermaker.com/create/l4d2-campaign-tier-list-58421

Attached: my-image (2).png (1064x798, 512K)

Attached: 76068882.png (625x626, 30K)

this to be quite honest

Why is blood harvest so BAD?!

Getting back into L4D recently, Hard Rain fucking blows. Easily the worst finale of any campaign and the water slow mechanic means there's no variation in pathing for the latter half of the campaign.

You forgot to take off your name

Attached: 1420236215537.jpg (326x329, 31K)

You didnt see anything.

Attached: 1561447791181.png (692x677, 538K)

but my question still stands nigga why is that map so fucking garbage.

In the original it's No Mercy without a doubt
Overall my favorite was the mall one, back in the day before all my friends quit gaming we would run the mall map on scavenge game mode every night for months, not even sure why we liked it so much. Also that LOTR custom map was awesome.

the sacrifice, specifically in l4d1. that unskippable tank in the train car is hard as fuck without bile.

>its an evening/early morning map

Attached: Comfy_guy.jpg (600x579, 42K)

that New Orleans map is so cozy

Attached: l4d2 campaign tier list.jpg (841x418, 64K)

i love this campaign, especially because it looks exactly like my hometown, except the sugar mill is a paper mill irl and the burger tank was an Arby's we always went to.

Is left 4 dead 3 coming out bros?

Attached: 1562820518487.png (1177x1395, 1.69M)

No Mercy, Dead Center
are there others? besides Hard Rain of course

>Too many hard drops for your pathetic uncoordinated team?
for an official valve approved released it could have used some more story and heart, much like the rest. As such it stands out as more difficult, sure, but also less memorable.

left 4 dead 3 was cancelled a while ago

but why?

don't be sad, you got the authentic experience

that's how it is on this bitch of an earth

>all the l4d1 maps are hakways so spitters are busted
I hate getting corned by a horde in the open and getting spat on.

nu-valve employees don't know how to work on anything other than weapon skins, and the few talented employees left are all focused on the VR shit

Is it worth to wait for a second spit as a spitter, or should you suicide right after spitting? As tryhard as L4D faggots are, no one has ever yelled at me for doing either. Sometimes I go half an entire round as spitter and none of them say a single negative thing about it.

ftfy

Attached: my-image.png (1064x867, 486K)

Swamp. because whole swamp village passage.

Recommend me cool and legit custom mode

If you want the super competitive pro answer then it probably depends on what other specials have died lately so you can keep track of when you'll have 3 pinning specials and 1 support but I don't know enough about that to tell you for sure.

It doesn't really matter most of the time though unless you can die in a doorway they need to get through, then you should do that

Attached: 2015-08-28_000011.jpg (518x302, 75K)