Blasphemous Thread

How are you guys liking it? So far it has been fun. If you think it sucks warn other anons.

Attached: 48684498762_b5b1ae8825_c.jpg (731x800, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0MbpepXnOhg
www21.zippyshare.com/v/FjBoQrkA/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1YXwfhH3MUc
pastebin.com/PibJQfqe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is out? coulda sworn i saw the first trailer for this half a year ago at most

Released today, I only got an hour or so with it.

just beat it

>only 4 bones left
>cant be bothered to scour the entire world for shit i missed

guess i'll never know what happens

started it a while ago ,keyboard controls are shit

The only part that sucks is the ledge/wall grabbing.
Grabbing ledges is way to sensitive when you just wnat to go down
wall grab is just plain buggy, and locks your character permanently if you wall grab too close to a floor/platform

Attached: file.png (453x432, 42K)

Is there a switch demo?

Attached: 20190910204419_1.jpg (2560x1440, 276K)

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a rosary bead that lets you jump farther out of water/mud?

Attached: hop.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

you just have to hold jump and keep trying, it's weird but eventually you'll get a high jump

There are breakable floors, one of them has a bone.

this but i disagree with the controls part

Which area should i be doing first?
In Ice area right now and I'M GETTING MY ASS FUCKED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

guys wrong about the cutscene art direction
look at this shit look at the pixeling shapes and form. it's so sloppy and unfinished it looks like it was vector art converted with a program instead of hand pixeled.

His point is he doesn't want to comb for smashable floors. Probably what I dislike most about metroidvanias but I still do it

Go church first, but the ice area is doable, you just need to have patience

i dont care much about the game but the ending i saw was kinda meh. Does it have a "true" ending or something like that?

You are gay that looks nice. A legitimate complaint is that the dying animations are akwardly sped up and some bosses stand out.

not gonna lie i played it for 90 minutes and im considering a refund, it is a great metroidvania it really is but theres nothing of special about it, im having difficulty finding something that can keep me interested in the game, anything at all specially because im already burnt out on those kinds of games, anyone else feels like its good but just outright generic?

Just pirate it to decide.

i bought it already user, had good hopes for it too but im really unsure of wether to keep it or not

There are at least 2 endings
I guess you need to find all the bones, as well as some other stuff to unlock good ending

>ice area is doable
Fucking how?
I have literally spent the last two hours getting frustrated as fuck climbing that piece of shit over and over hating every second of shitty jumping puzzles, annoying as fuck wind, and infuriating enemies attacking me from inside walls only to fucking find I couldn't progress without some sort of jump height upgrade.

where the fuck is the 3rd boss before you open the gate? I did one in the bottom corner, and there's a snowy area too but where is the last? I went to the left and into some area that starts w/ a J and destroyed statues to ring a bell that let me go further down but stoppd because I had played for 3 hours.. I even looped back to the beginning of the map

>I guess you need to find all the bones, as well as some other stuff to unlock good ending
yeah the regular ending sucks ass.

Played around 2 hours so far and beat Ten piedad. Really enjoying the music, art and settings. I keep seeing people complain about clunky controls but they feel pretty tight to me, most enemies are easy enough to parry and platforming hasn't been an issue except on ladders sometimes.
I feel it separates itself from dark souls enough that the whole 2D dark souls comparison is a bit unfair.

how long did it take?

If a game is dark and hard, it's dark soul user.
You might not like it but it's everyone mentality these days

>I couldn't progress without some sort of jump height upgrade
You can progress just fine. you're probably trying to access an optional area.
Apparently, you'll get some sort of grappling hook if you met curtain conditions, because some parts of the areas are too high.

>clunky controls but they feel pretty tight to me
>platforming hasn't been an issue except on ladders sometimes
That's because you're still in the part of the game where it remembers it's an action game instead of spontaneously turning into a fucking bingbingwahooshit. Wait until you hit the sewer or snow.

How?
Through the empty cave the map says has a door but doesn't?
Or the unreachable without a jump upgrade area to the right above the elevator?
Or the walljump where the walls are too far apart to reach the other one without a jump upgrade?

There is a point in the climb where you need to time your jumps with the wind blowing in the direction you want, thats probably why you think its impossible to do.

do you ever get anything to mitigate the poison gas? I got a rosary bead that reduces it slightly, but there's an area covered in gas that has an item but in order to get it I have to cling to the wall, problem is every time I cling I just fall off from the hitstun of the gas...

Pretty sure there's a relic that let's you move freely in water and mud.

You can find upgrade later on that makes you immune to it

That actually looks a lot like the pixel art of old lucasarts games

How do I reach the area under the elevator in the cathedral rooftops? The one that has two vines growing out of the side walls.

>have like a dozen rosary beads
>Still only two slots

I was thinking the same thing did. Looks like that kind of adventure game. The SNES has a couple as well, like Nosferatu.

literally just found out, thanks

I am very pleasantly surprised with this game and Im sure its one of those games ill come back to every now and then

hows it play with a xbox one controller

Go West. Well, south-west. You'll find an option there that lets you get more slots.

Has anyone seen the true ending? I missed it and i'm not sure what I did wrong. I got very little sleep so maybe I miscounted but i'm fairly certain I got each nugget of skeleton.

what does the heart of the unnamed minstrel do? i'm trying to figure out if any of these hearts are worth my time but i don't understand it fully. Did the ice area and church already.

12 hours or so

Can you use the empty flask items to upgrade your healing? I have two of them but I'm not sure who to give them to

How big/how much content it has compared to other similar games? Somehow it feels the game gonna be short as fuck even for castlevania usual short

you gotta use one of those pay to refill stations.

You have to find a blood fountain and then pay some money to get make it into an extra flask.

it feels pretty big to me, I cleared every boss in record pace so if you go for 100% and take a few tries on bosses it should last around 20+ hours, I kinda expected it to end right after opening the gate though so it felt super long when it just kept going.

I don't know if I was supposed to do the bells first, but I am. If not then I can understand the trouble I'm having.

Is that in the mountains?

>That one "shortcut" that's just a microcosm of Sen's Fortress.

Attached: But cometh thee not for the grave of Sir Artorias.jpg (411x412, 65K)

don't go to the mountains first, you will get cancer and die

how long is the game?

It's in the cathedral. Last room, all the way to the right. You have to progress through the old man's quest before you can get it.

its alright, but the instakill spikes everywhere are a pain in the ass

>find out theres multiple endings and you have to collect bullshit to get them
Fuck that

I think I'm at the final boss. ||Pope dude who transform into a huge pope with a mask that only opens when you kill the respawning sword.||
I missed some rooms from the cathedral rooftops area that I'll probably explore after killing the final boss, and whatever's at the starting zone after you get the key from the merchant lady.

Is there some kind of true ending or extra bosses? What are the bones and the suffering lady for (I gave her one mark and got another, but haven't gone back yet)?
I'd be more than willing to explore everything if backtracking wasn't so painful in this game. Even with shortcuts, there are way too few teleport rooms and the protagonist isn't mobile enough for the kind of platforming and annoying enemies this game has in every fucking room.

Attached: 1323251_1.jpg (800x549, 82K)

What are you supposed to do with the tree at the start of the snowy area? It keeps saying 'no answer' and no item I've found works with it.

>controls feel unresponsive
that's a fucking lie

Reach the convent. You need two items: one is right after the boss, and I can't remember where I got the other but I got it shortly before the boss.
Give one of them to the tree dude, then go left to a cave that you had probably run into already but apparently had nothing even though the map implied there was more to the left; that section is now open and has a woman on a bed: use the other item on her.

I've cleared out the convent and boss already, it won't let me take the oil after the boss and I'm not sure what else I could be missing.

is this your first metroidvania?

absolutely loving this game right now, the flow of combat is nice, the maps are nice and the art is incredible

You're supposed to get a thimble from the tree dude, which you later fill with oil from the cup after the convent boss.

Okay, did I miss something with the tree dude then? The issue is talking with the tree does nothing in the first place.

Check your quest items, tree dude should've given you an empty golden thimble.

No that's what I'm saying user, I got nothing from the tree when I first went through the area and it just says nothing, I was wondering if I missed something but everyone else is saying like it should have given me something.

true ending yes
extra bosses we don't know

go to each of the statues that cleanse you of your guilt and destroy them while holding a blackened white pearl to access new hidden areas and empower your sword for the true ending

Thanks friend.

Attached: 1525964908070.png (540x437, 433K)

just wanna say I can't believe there's an actual thread about this game considering the last two was filled with nothing but people calling people who wanted to talk about the game 'shills' and people shitting on the game 'trannies'

shut up, tranny

Where can I find those big stone guys wielding hammers? I remember fighting one down below the library, but I don't think it respawns.

I'm what I belive to be the final boss, is there something I can do with the Egg of deformity? I'm thinking there's some sort of alternative ending and I'm so close to getting it.

>2 hours in
>Figure start with the snow area cause that is what scripe guy said first in his dialogue
>Always loved snow areas in other games
>That music
>That atmosphere
>Fuck yeah this is awesome
>Get to Graveyard of the Peaks
>It is unironically one of the worst sections of levels I've ever played in a video game
Holy fuck what a disappointment. Finally got to the Church of Our Lady or whatever I really hope the game picks up again.

Attached: 05b4c9f71ebdd583d268623a03c6cda72b84fca4a2c9e8e7dbd006a80e650e51.jpg (387x309, 16K)

So I was lazy and watched the true ending. It seems fine, if a little less than what I would have liked. Are there only two? If so, pretty cool. If not, I can't see the game being worth more than a couple playthroughs at best. Pretty good for what I paid for it, though.
You basically picked hard mode. It's a cakewalk if you go there second or third. Good on you for making it to the top, champ.

Fuck me well I guess that explains why the stone wall jackson niggers and the bell boys took 7 or 8 hits to kill. Thanks for the heads up.

It's not the most sprawling metroidvania but the art/art style is gorgeous and unique and the combat is good with tight controls, though nothing particularly special. Overall would recommend if you like challenging 2d games.

I've ended up everywhere but the church first. Halp.

Let me be very clear: This game fucking sucks.

Any of you want to share the art book? Got it on the switch and the art book is exclusive to some PC versions of it

You fucking suck

I got the first ending and found it pretty underwhelming. Nice art but that's about it. Not sure I'll stick around for a full completion.

Trash edgy tryhard gimmick indie trash.
Nu/v/ will love it for sure.

Assent or dessent? Pros / cons?

Yep, that part almost made me quit as well.
It does pick up though. And it doesn't get any worse then GotP.
>Wind
>Janky walljump controls making it hard to fight anything near the walls.
>Enemies hover at a distance and through terrain before charging and take five hits to kill.
>Falling platform clipping is janky and sometimes you'll be a pixel off actually landing on the platform and fall instead of landing on it.
That place is fucking horrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=0MbpepXnOhg
Name a better soundtrack to play the game to. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I like the game but the default gamma makes it look washed out. You can perform miracles on it with Reshade.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 06-34-28.png (1920x1080, 526K)

Compare with default look.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 06-34-34.png (1920x1080, 169K)

how did you do this?

eh, I liked the washed out blacks, fits the atmosphere IMO

I've never been this disappointed with a game in a long time. Such a shame, it could have been so good.

>you can perform miracles

Attached: CONSTIPATION.jpg (680x958, 73K)

come on there has to be another art fag on this thread

I literally wrote that I'm using Reshade. Search for it if you don't know what that is.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 06-35-12.png (1920x1080, 586K)

what don't you like

The combat is super basic and it just feels really clunky and unsatisfying to hit things.

Controls are utter dogshit, very common to hit right and attack in quick succession and have the game skip the right input and swing to the left.

Add me to the count, pls some user can share.
The art and lore is the most appealing thing for me on this. Otherwise gameplay seems very one dimensional but I love the concept and atmosphere.

Anyone?

I highly disagree

It's part of the gog package, you can find it on the net.

The egg, you hatch it in the mountains where you first fought the flying lady that doesn't respawn, then bless it with the false saint

oh nice, thanks user, time to torrent some shit

What the fuck is the timing on perfect parry? Is red lightning parry random or just super tight?

fuck the snow area

can you share a link? my Google skills suck

who /detestatiosacrorum/ here

Attached: 20190911001301_1.jpg (1366x768, 150K)

there's a part where you can pay for new blood vessels so that helps

I went for the boss in the demo first, then I saw the fire section and noped out. Then I spent 2 hours in the sewers not finding a boss or exit, it just kinda connects everywhere else and you need an item to jump out of water (I assume) or something to breathe poison. Now I'm in the ice peaks

imma try it on the weekend because i'm short on time rn
tell me good things or lies sweet little lies

This tickles my fancy.

Attached: cover.jpg (2856x2856, 1.23M)

I can't bring myself to play this because it feels like it is just referencing old paintings without giving a single shit about the work put into them.

tiddy
Pretty good research went into the game, see for yourself honestly

Attached: 20190910162802_1.jpg (1366x768, 115K)

That's my favorite level. You all just suck.

Attached: 1566487324018.jpg (604x452, 124K)

Here's the digital artbook, grab it while it's hot.

>www21.zippyshare.com/v/FjBoQrkA/file.html

based, thanks user

Problems with this game:
Too little goddamn content, is alright for the asking price, but there is zero replay value since it is so short that I still remember everything.

No new mobility abilities or any fun traversal mechanic.

Only one weapon, it was fine and worked in Sekiro, but for a 2D "metroidvania", it is not.

how do you know that if youi dont play the game?

Post some pages from it.

there's nothing wrong with one weapon.

Attached: 1566697562838.jpg (580x1300, 98K)

looks like something from mike mignola

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 1.12.22 AM.png (1086x975, 992K)

>Only one weapon
I've seen this complaint more than once and I don't get it. The weapon is part of the lore and you can upgrade it with different attacks.

Attached: mea.png (855x1028, 347K)

I really hate that some of the enemy placement and some obstacles in ledge climbing are made to annoy you. Falling down because a bell caught me on a backswing is more frustrating than any of the bosses. Decent.

Can someone explain this to me? This game is filled with edgy shit but it works for this game, why is that?

There is when it doesn't feel great to use, normal combat is fine, but as soon as you use the magic system, it's a fucking drag with the animations.
Nothing wrong with one, but what you can do with it is very limited.

Because it's inspired by Catholic imagery and a lot of Catholic art is edgy.

That is not true, half of it works, while the other half does not.

my only complain so far is that the world doesn't make any sense, you enter a castle and then you are on a snow mountain but you were on a city on valley a few minutes before

Religion is a lot of fucked up shit made in the past for 'noble' causes. This game just wraps it all up with a nice bow-tie on top.

what doesn't work for you? I'm still at the snow mountain

Bosses.

>Grip of the sword is a naked man with a fully modeled dick hanging out
>Bizarre poses
It's mixed with humility and an off-beat weirdness. Basically it doesn't think it's cool.
You're a big boy that fucks shit up, but also you're wearing a fucking dunce cap

It's just purgatory and hell all in one place, don't overthink it, repent and suffer, sinner.

>25 dollaridoos
i'll wait for a sale
or a physical release

yeah I like the repent and sorrow dialogues everywhere

beat just the one from the 18 min gameplay they did before it was released, it was too easy, I have no idea what the rest will look. like

makes sense

How do you get this? 1st try on boss?

Thanks, user.

I first tried the mystery niggas and got a regular screen.

I still can't get around this fact, but shit's pretty metal.

Oh, neat.

Whoops. I read that wrong. I thought you first tried extra bosses or something and got that screen.

It's actually a bit obscure
>get Immaculate Bead from the pardoner statue room in the Graveyard
>I think you're supposed to die a bunch with it equipped for it to become Weight of the True Guilt
>equip it, smash pardoner statue, interact with what's left
>fight in the arena
>get 2 rewards and your Thorn key item grows with each arena, I think it improves your sword damage

Attached: 20190911002522_1.jpg (1366x768, 144K)

how is the pixel art so good? the charred lady looks exceptionally good.

Shit, I better step up my game to achieve that. I only beat that goat skull thingy, and in the burned nuns ward section.

Seems like the Spaniards said fuck it and went all out on the art.

Attached: buck.png (774x1035, 487K)

>literally /ourlady/ of >my visage when

Attached: ourlady.jpg (1920x1041, 897K)

Are the pc controls worse than the switch controls or something? I keep seeing people say the controls are clunky or unresponsive but in my experience on the switch they worked just fine

One of the devs said that it wasnt converted through a program and that all the pixelsart is made from scratch.

i wish it wasn't almost 1am so i could keep playing but im going to bed and im gonna continue this in the morning. I would recommend a pirate. The first boss was too fucking easy I really hope the others are harder.

Attached: c414e1810afeccf001bd59cb7a865665.png (152x152, 72K)

It's on switch?

>Getting help from Viri.

Yes, the dev team held an AMA on the Nintendo Switch reddit they're promoting it so much.

Penitent One for Smash

Steam store page screenshot
I seriously hope no one here assented

Any idea what to do with the dried olive flower?

Also, is there any consequence to not beating the winged warrior lady that attacks you in the mountains and later fights with her brother when he is on low health on the bridge after defeating the first three bosses?

Bosses are pretty straightforward. Just learn the pattern and stick with it. I beat most of them in three or so tries. The design is where they really shine. Skeleton Archbishop is easily my favorite.

I did because she was cute. big mistake

the others actually put up a fight, dont worry

If you helped out Gemino, the guy in the metal statue, there's a cave not far from him in Where Olive Trees Wither that is now open with a statue of a woman and a sarcophagus where you can place the dried flowers.

reading the kickstarter page it says that there are summonable NPC's, NG+, and a Nightmare Mode so we have that to look forward to

it's good

What the fuck is "the first boss", you can fight the first 3 in any order. My order was 3 ladies, /ourlady/, ten piedad

What the fuck, I thought it was a baby on top or something.

Has anybody gotten this to work with xbone controller?

I have not met that character yet. Is he past the Bronze Door? I noticed that the snowy area has a big, human like tree, but I have no idea what item I need to get an answer.

the one it makes you face at the very start of the game

Because it's not edgy for the sake of being edgy, like cringy shit like shadow the hedgehog, it's edgy because Christianity can be pretty fucking dark and messed up, as anyone who's actually read parts of the bible other then genesis and the four gospels can attest.

Consider that we could be moving on more then one axis when we do a screen transition.

>first goomba in mario is too fucking easy

>fundamentally uninteresting

This review was written by a fifteen year old faggot who wants random borderlands style humor and doesn't appreciate dark fantasy. Aka, someone with a meaningless opinion.

is the desecrated cistern where the last of the three macguffins for the bronze door is

No, that is more of a large connecting area. You need to go through it to get to the Dusk Mountains where its, however.

Yep, that's him on the tree. He should present you with a thimble on your first talk, if he doesn't, I have no idea what you can do. Check your key items.

Attached: shirtimage-0.png (579x485, 64K)

i cleared mercy dreams and the convent of charred lady and was looking on the map where the last macguffin could be and that seems about the only place but i wanted to be sure.

what happens? I never chose assent because I'm not a fag

She turns into an old lady. I picked it because I thought it was like dark souls where summoning can advance their plot and I wanted to bring this qt to the end

oh that's cool, so you can't assent again after picking her once?

I haven't tried it since I immediately started a new save but she gets older and older and eventually dies and you get loot and an achievement.

Apparently, it is a time sensitive thing to get to him. Kinda arse, since I explored Jondo first.

I went through the entirety of Jondo, Grievance and Mountains first, got my first holy wound, went to the snow area and he was still there and very talkative.

Was that after or before killing Ten Piedad?

fuck I'm not going to play this game again just to talk to one npc

Is there an NG+?

That was before.

>controls feel unresponsive
git gud

so is there any sort of super jump/flight ability in this? i think ive got only a couple bosses left and i still havent found anything like that yet.

So, I found this dude half-tree that asked me for some weed to get high or something like that but later when I went to say hi he became a full tree. I fucked up right?

Dont think so, which really sucks. Theres definitely an ability that uses those damn briar patches that are plasted everywhere tho. No clue where that is

It appears time-sensitive, but no one knows for sure whether it is actual time, or related to a boss.

All those items are actually kinda complicated to get, at least for metoridvanias.

For the briar patch item, you need to fetch three certain things and bring them to the hairy egg left and down from the savepoint in Grievance Ascends. You will receive an Egg of Deformity. Bring that egg to the tree stuck by lightning when the miniboss appeared just before Jondo, leave the screen, return, and get a hatched egg. This bring to the fountain in Albero.

So the tree guy is scripted to 'die' it seems, I kept being told he talks to you but he doesn't for me. If it is it must be a fucking short timer, I just did Ten Piedad and explored around and he became like that.

Did you ring the bell in Jondo or otherwise interacted with it?

play dark devotion, thats a good game on a very similiar premise. real fucking good.

If you mean the solitary one with the three dude statues yes, if that's the script that's fucked.

Is there ever a point of no return where I'd be fucked if I wanted to collect all the cherubs? I wanna do it my first run.

how

Attached: LPOxCuN.png (1920x1080, 330K)

Help your pilgrim buddy out till the end.

Input a semicircle then a z motion at the frame you begin jumping to do a mid air somersault that catches the ledge.

Whats the verdict?

Post settings?

>$32 on Steam
>$28 on GMG
>If I get it on GMG I can't refund it if it's actually bad

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Non Non Biyori Repeat - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.56_[2015.08.11_22.05.14].jpg (1280x720, 62K)

That's too severe, a middle ground would be better I think.

I've definitely whiffed a few jumps because the jump didn't register before I ran off the ledge but that just might be my retard brain

the first boss is literally a tutorial

looks like another shitty metroidvania im not going to play ever

I was talking about Please, Have Mercy.

Alright

youtube.com/watch?v=1YXwfhH3MUc

I beat it in 3 hours.

>I'm worried about how good a game is; if only there was a way to easily download entire games for free on the internet.

Of all these "2D dark souls" indie games I think Blasphemous gets it right the most, especially with the tryhard traps and pits fucking everywhere.
The artstyle also looks great, probably one of the best looking 2D looking games but some of the enemies do look kinda bad.

Stop lying, I'm already 13 hours into it and I'm not even 35% yet

I gotta say I am sick of this bloodstain meme everyone's been doing since Dark Souls. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to force the player to go back to where they were in an open-ended exploration game.

yeah, Dark Souls invented backtracking, mhm, yep

WTF are you doing?

p-playing good?

It works well in linear progression level layout where it becomes 'You only lose something if you fuck up twice at the same spot'.
Not so much in a game like this.

Are you illiterate?

Kinda surprised at how little discussion there is about this. Did all the hype completely die because it took so long to come out?

nobody cares that what you posted on metacritic, user.

hype was always a bit tepid and it turns out the game isn't really all that good

>people complain about clunky controls
Probably plebs who can't get the parry timing. It's slightly tight but nowhere near "pixel perfect" as advertised. More generous than the average fighting game.

anyone read the comic that came with the deluxe edition? is it good?

I think it's more to do with the ledge/wallhang controls and the weird timing on the dash thrust.

Not bad. Got anything else?

Also the downward thrust that always seems to register a normal attack first before doing the actual animation.

ive got two knots of rosasry rope
how do i turn them into roasry bead slots

If you're talking about the falling ledges, they have a smaller collision box then they look like they do.

From the artbook:
>At the same time, the design work of the metallic and inexpressive face of the helmet was a long process. In order to make players identifiy with The Penitent One in the way that the game inspired us, we made the decision to dispossess him of his face, thus granting him a halo of mystery and anonymity.

Post a game where a silent protagonist that lacks expression was good for a self insert. That never happened to me, holy shit, why do people keep falling for this weeb meme

Is this board filled with toddlers?

no I mean just like basic platforming of jumping off one ledge onto another. Just completely whiffing because either I'm pressing Jump too late or it's just not registering.

It's pretty good. But there's something about enemy, reward and world design. Feels pretty flat and dull in that way. Really hard to put a finger on.

And it feels a bit too much of a fangame of Dark Souls.

But overall, not bad at all. Just sad to see such great stuff be mixed with mediocre stuff. I'd still recomennd it if you like the mood or platformers.

Christ that is some teenage-ass writing.
>Garnished with an overly pretentious presentation
The complete lack of self awareness is a thing of cringey beauty

It's a blank slate character, that's easy for anyone to "self-insert"

Self insert and 'identifying with' is a bad way to describe it. The idea isn't for the player to insert as them, but instead, that they can project anything they want onto the character. Rather then the character being 'them', it means that their own personal interpretation of the character isn't challenged or conflicted.

Forgive me father for I have sinned, I played a naughty violent game that had blood and penises.

Name one good reason for the game to force you to go and pick up your spooky ghost. You can't even permanently lose it anyway, it's just a fucking chore.

astral chain did the same thing according to the dev blogs they posted and it's a shame because the game would be way better in the story sections if the twins talked to each other instead of just giving us a monologue in file 12

I think it's the lack of movement in the background, you don't get the "wow" factor anymore after playing the game for 5 minutes

that makes more sense, I still feel it's a stupid move though. It's like movies with open ended plots, they feel like the writer didn't dedicate himself enough to create an ending so the audience has to fill the blanks, you know?

Go through Jondo until you loop back to the starting area.

I just leave it there, it's just related to your mana bar anyway so who cares

Maybe my eyes glazed over during the tutorial, but don't you get less money too?

Here's my settings.
>pastebin.com/PibJQfqe

It's just an example of what you can do. You can adjust the settings however you like.

Fuck this guy in particular.

Attached: skull.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

fuck maybe you're right, I noticed that enemies were only giving 3 or 5 currency points

Why do devs think it's okay to release mediocre metroidvanias in a post-hollow knight world?

hollow knight gets some negative points when you learn the devs used only retangular shapes to design the levels, you'll start noticing them and that takes a bit of the charm. you'll never see slopes, user.

Yeah I'm thinking it's an instant classic.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 08-16-16.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>He says, when Hollow Knight would be the text-book example of a mediocre Metroidvania if not for it's charm and absurd content to price ratio.
I sure do love levels made by stacking rectangles onto each other and power-ups that consist of air-jump, air-jump, wall-jump, and really long air-jump.

Never played the Souls games because they look boring as fuck. Wait around for huge guy to slam weapon down so you can roll out of the way. Is this game's slow paced combat waiting for your chance to parry some kind of 2D equivalent of that?

>just mesh your buttons bro:the boss

Attached: 20190911153542_1.jpg (2560x1440, 385K)

>dies for like the 100th time because he can't look down or up

Guess I'll pirate it and buy it on sale, current price is way too much.

Probably an attempt at making some sort of punishment for failing since modern the modern babby audience decided lives are too hard.

Jesus Christ I can't imagine making this in pixel art. Pixel artists must have mental problems

2D is dead my ass.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 08-05-51.png (1920x1080, 396K)

How is this compared to Dead Cells? Obviously it doesn't have the same replayability because of its weapon system not being the same.

I don't think so, but I also never liked the Dark Souls games. The fantasy setting was so boring to me. The gothic aesthetic and cosmic horror from bloodborne was way more interesting

Tumblr 2D like Celeste is dead, but stuff like this is pretty good. If a fighting game got the KoF aesthetic down it would be huge today

dead cells is more addicting but this game makes me want to explore more, if that makes sense

So does anyone know what the fuck is going on with the story?

God is a bully

If the focus isn't on your character themselves, in a lot of ways, it can be better. For instance, the instant you give a character a personality or characterization, you alienate at least some portion of your audience. There are people who haven't played, say, the DMC series because they dislike Dante's attitude and character, even though they might get into it with a more serious protagonist. Not so here - people are naturally going to project qualities they like onto the silent, faceless protagonist, so they'll all end up with the version of who they thing the Penitent One is that they personally like the best. And there's something that makes it a more personal experience about filling in the blanks that way - small character details like who the PO is or their motivation could potentially recontextualize the entire story. The result is that players don't experience 'The canon story', but ideally, each get their own personal interpretation of it.

And then there's that whole thing where something feels more valuable the harder you have to work for it. When you're handed a character, there's nothing satisfying about that. But when you figure out something about a character, that, in a small way, makes you feel smart, like you've solved something. When you hand the player a question with no answer, that means the answer can be anything they figure out, creating the illusion of solving something when they find a detail to fill in the blanks with. Look at Dark Souls lore for an example of this being done well.

HK was literally the worst metroidvania I have ever played. I still have no idea what people enjoy about it or why it gets so much praise. It looks and plays like a damn flash game, and it's combat is barebones as fuck and simplistic. Seriously, what do people like about it?

So this lady killed herself because she was guilty and she prayed enough to a higher being that a miracle manifested herself as a blade, the penitent one is part of a cult that use silence as a form of penance and I have no idea about the rest and what's the deal with the giants. There's also a crazy cult that found out they can cure diseases by kissing wounds after eating garlic

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.02.12 AM.png (618x777, 536K)

I just bought it on GOG. Will be playing it later.

I stopped giving a fuck midway.
just enjoying the gameplay and aesthetic

>look upon my flowery titty and despair

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 08-12-27.png (1920x1080, 479K)

But if I pirate it first and then decide it's good enough to buy I'd need to start over or it'd mess up achievements which would trigger my autism.

I suck at distinguishing whats supposed to be going on in these cutscenes.
Usually I can figure it out but it's jarring and overwhelming with it's stylization.

damn your explanation makes a lot of sense. I think I was analyzing games like these because of that thing I have with movies, they aren't the same thing but I was thinking they were.

This part here
>ut when you figure out something about a character, that, in a small way, makes you feel smart, like you've solved something
>Look at Dark Souls lore for an example of this being done well.
I think it's what makes Souls games click for so many people desu

I think Hollow Knight was enjoyable to so many because of the length and value. I played it and when I thought I was done there was another area to explore. The fighting is mediocre but the mood and soundtrack is pretty good. And some few boss battles can be challenging so you're thinking you're playing something hard, I think it's one of those games like Undertale that were target to that ver specific demographic that likes
red noses, Tumblr style you know?

Only Roman Catholics can truly appreciate this art and lore.

It's the little things that make the big picture more enjoyable.

Attached: Blasphemous 2019-09-11 08-01-53.png (1920x1080, 417K)

It's all very symbolic and open to interpretation. Keep in mind 'The miracle' and what it did, which was essentially cause people's guilt and regrets to physically manifest as transformations of their bodies. Gee, I wonder if the character who's body is bound up in ropes regrets being restrained or bound in some way.

>going through the game pretty easily outside of platforming in snow hell world
>bell cunt kicking my ass suddenly
>get to three quarters down
>winged faggot
AAAAAAAAAAA

>so that the idea of using as a knob the figure of El Retardo seemed perfect

Attached: 1485353944052m.jpg (821x1024, 143K)

So what type of game is this metroidvania? If it is I think I'll skip it, I dont think the genre is for me. I tried hollow knight but I stopped playing it after a week, maybe I'll just play Super metroid on SNES online to get the taste for it

The sprites have a pixelate filter slapped on, the original ones should have been made in a traditional way, digital-wise. You can tell by how the gradients look and behave on animations and background, probably went that way to save time and manpower. Stuff like characters and hud are purely pixel art.

How long is the game? I'm pretty interested but I don't want to pay full price for a game that I'll 100% in 5hours

Attached: 1482132239783.png (269x148, 11K)

It's basically a Metroidvania yes, I don't care for the genre much but am playing it since I like the setting and visuals and I'm satisfied but if you're not sure pirate it and give it a try.

yeah I get that feeling with the huge sprites and animations. I know someone said LucasArts games from back when, but they had that aesthetic all the way, you can't stop comparing while playing this one. Too bad, if they had extra time they could have made something really special.

Around 15 and 20 hours, maybe a bit more if you want to explore everything. Also, there is multiple endings.

>100% in 5hours
You will defo not be doing that.

>Also, there is multiple endings.
I mean, given the setting do they even matter? Everyone just wants to suffer on their own accord because muh sins.

Taking inspiration from the old masters is pretty neat

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.23.59 AM.png (1159x618, 383K)

>dream sequences
Love it when games do that

Attached: 1566038128785.jpg (225x225, 10K)

noted, thanks

Ah yes, and everyone's favourite by Goya.

Attached: kro4scx[1].jpg (461x810, 141K)

Played it for a few hours last night, solid game with great art direction. The only thing that has been bothering me is the occasional leap of faith. right into a pit of spikes

Attached: 1405408330158.jpg (352x370, 44K)

>they aren't the same thing but I was thinking they were.
It's closer to books then to movies. Filling in the blanks about a silent protagonist and letting your brain paint a picture of what a character or scene looks like from what you're reading are a pretty similar process.
>I think it's what makes Souls games click for so many people desu
Absolutely. Hell if I know the specific source, but I swear I remember Miyazaki straight up said somewhere, around the time DS3 came out, that he deliberately keeps the souls lore vague for exactly this reason. The first game is excellent at it. It hands you a bunch of characters like Sif and Artorias, but it never outright hands you a complete explanation of who they are, why you're fighting them, or how they relate to each other. Instead it gives it to you in bits and pieces, split up across several item descriptions. You have to put the pieces together yourself to figure out who the bosses you're fighting are and why you're fighting them. Each of them is a tiny little jigsaw, and when you finish that jigsaw, you notice that that character's jigsaw is just a piece in a bigger jigsaw, and that jigsaw is just a piece of an even larger one, and so on. But the further out you go, the more vague the connections become, and the more pieces are missing for you to fill in. First it conditions the player to connect the dots, and then it starts handing them less dots and leaving them to come up with their own to fill the empty space. It naturally leads players that are curious about the lore to project and fill in the blanks. This also gets the imagination involved, which gets them more immersed in the game and atmosphere, because instead of just processing it logically, their imagination starts bringing the details to life more.

What the hell is a guilt point?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.33.57 AM.png (820x106, 26K)

You can move the camera around a little bit with the right stick, it still doesn't help much.

The thorns on your fervour bar that limit the max. You get guilt every time you die and you lose it by collecting your 'bloodstain' or paying at a statue.

>get to library
>motherfuckers can throw books at you from across the room
>some are placed right next to ladders so no way to avoid attacks

Wow this sucks. Any tips?

Does the map show where your guilt things are?

Yes

hey that's neat, they probably had James love for hammer films as inspiration

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 4.39.41 AM.png (508x63, 16K)

Suffer, repent, wait for absolution, repeat.

It is so much as the character being them but whether or not you imagine him being doom guy and sniling while murdering or being a pious and sad person who does it out of devotion.

you can avoid it, just position yourself better.
You also can deflect the books and some projectiles by attacking them

>playtime: 1 hour 31 minutes
>18.5% completion
This game is shorter than I thought it would be.

You overdid the color correction

How bombastic is the boss music?
The ambient stuff is pretty subdued and I'm curious if they go the other extreme as well

That's a matter of opinion. You aren't forced to use my setup.

>catholic imagery is pretentious
wew the soi is strong with this one

It's all pretty spoopy.

keep going down after the bell area

Just throwing around a couple crosses and RELIGION BAD is pretentious.
But this game's art did a good job of capturing the feel, not just the imagery.

Music the worst part of the atmosphere.
It's not bland it's just very unnoticeable, like it's their but nothing special is really going on, which I know sounds like I'm saying it's bland but it's not.

>Just throwing around a couple crosses and RELIGION BAD
it literally is in no way that heavy handed lmao

>there is a fucking white flower quest

GOD

Attached: 1503203926107.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

'The Miracle' happened, and manifested everyone's fears and guilt as monsters, magic and mutations. The protagonist is a penitent who seeks communion with the Miracle, and has to fight his way to it.

What I wonder, however, is exactly what kind of crime you'd have to commit - what you'd feel so guilty for - that you'd fucking fight your way through all kinds of religious-themed monsters. I mean, unless you were a mass-murderer or something, I can't imagine feeling THAT bad.

I really hope you aren't talking about the white flower quest that first comes to mind for me.

Exactly, that's what I'm saying.

Maybe he's repenting on behalf of the world at large and trying absolve them all?

Not really getting Religion bad vibes. It's actually making Catholicism seem pretty badass.

I don't know, man. I've played for 10 hours and it's 35% for me

The game never implied that religion was bad, we know next to nothing about its world and the situation that led up to that point. The only thing we know is that they used Catholic symbolism to make some cool looking bosses.

I hope your ready to fucking scream user

oh shit sorry man i was being an asshole yeah you're right

Just me or are rosary links and Mea Culpa shrines really fucking hard to find? I've only found the one shrine in Albero and I've been through Mercy Dreams, Cistern up through Graveyard of the Peaks (fuck that place) and making my way through the fire church, even got to Jondo before pulling back.
p.good game so far though

Attached: tumblr_px3jpnHhJ91uwolooo1_540.jpg (540x613, 88K)

wtf do I do here, there's an area with toxins and I can't catch the ledge since the water slows me down. I tried visiting literally every area and have no idea of where to go, I already talked to the old man super far east in the map

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 60K)

Is it a secret quest or something? Because I've never encountered it.

Again, not saying the game did this. I'm saying just half-assing it with the religious imagery could easily come off pretty pretentious, but that that's not what the game did - it actually did a really gob job of it. It does make catholicism seem badass, but also a touch dark and fucked up, which, well, it kind of is, as much as they've rebranded themselves in the last 20 years and tried to sand off the rough edges. It's not just the imagery, either. Little details like the healers kissing wounds as they tend to them have a very catholic feel and vibe to them, and make it obvious they really put some effort into it.

>Souls-Like
Can this meme die already?

Attached: amused.gif (450x253, 1.65M)

>ring the giant bell
>get to the new area
>game is now 200x harder
ok

catholic imagery is pretentious tho
>builds altars out of pure gold filled with imagery that tells you to be modest

Grievance Ascends? That place sucks ass, but there's an item that negates toxic cloud damage

Spanish voices when?

Pretty good game so far, my only complaints are
>shitty controller support
>controls feel unresponsive and clunky
>locked at 60fps
>combat at start is very shallow and repetitive, parry attack parry attack
Some of these hopefully can be patched or modded in the future but still having fun nonetheless

Attached: doomguygrin.jpg (288x216, 5K)

I believe its the chalice with inverted runes

Maybe he's the game designer.

Should I go back to the snowy area before doing this? It feels like a massive difficulty spike.

que upsidedown questionmark

this is the area I'm talking about to be more specific

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 308K)

You'll probably make use of that item that negates cloud damage in a few places back in the snow, so you may as well push through GA while you're down there.

The snowy area has more platforming, but enemies are less dangerous. Boss is a bit harder overall though.

Up to you, personally I kept bashing my head against that level until I beat it

You need to complete pilgrims questline before being able to get up there

yes but displaying that imagery isn't in itself a pretentious act

Gotcha, I'll keep pushing it. This game branches out so much it's overwhelming.

Last I spoke to him he gave me the toe that makes your dodge go further, where do I find him now?

There is a problem with jumping out of water, apparently. Some people said that you need to hold button and keep trying until your character jumps properly

Also, in case you missed it like me
There's a door in the starting area. Get a key from the merchant and unlock the door, it will give you an extra mobility option.

Already got that one, as well as the blood platform thing near the beginning. I'm taking my time exploring if anything.

Why can't I just pray the miracle away?

yeah, you do that. Try to find all the bones and 3 bride offerings, maybe that's what triggers good ending

I'm pretty sure there's a bead that lets you jump out of water unhindered.

My real problem is I don't know if that jump is required to beat the story or just to get a rando item.

I just want to open the big-ass door already, killed the demo boss and the bullet hell boss, have no clue where to go next

Here, this is a shitty crop of my map

Attached: file.png (2846x1260, 96K)

Okay I'm a retard, where do I go after I get all three wounds ?

The world doesn't look all that big.

East

Past Mercy Dreams ? I mean I figured but that's locked and I don't see a way to break the glass thing

Also I only have two wounds but I see other people have three, where's the third one??

Attached: file.png (552x255, 11K)

Is there a post-game or anything?

Toxic areas like that are not the requirement.
You need another wound for the door to open. Just explore and you'll find it

I feel like I have explored everywhere, my entire map is pretty much filled out.

Did I just collect a penis?

that is a very based and underrated post, on multiple levels

Nevermind I missed a door like a fucking idiot

Don't worry, I thought the same and now I'm around 10 hours with only 75% discovered

That's not possible. I wish I could help you, but I marathon'd the game at night and my memory of locations is fuzzy

Man I might play more if I can get it to look like this. My TV has annoying ass vertical banding on grey scenes and this game is just an eye sore since it's all washed out. It was my biggest gripe with it in the hour that I played.

Is it possible my save is bugged? I posted a pic of the map here
and went literally EVERYWHERE for the past hour, I cannot for the life of me find out where to go next, I even watched a walkthrough and followed their exact footsteps but when I get to the bridge there isn't a guy there waiting to fight me.

Holy shit I finally fucking found it

All I had to do was ring a bell in Jondo

Well, how blasphemous is it?

When they're too far apart try jumping when you have the wind in your back. You'll manage user, I did.

Because people making threads before a game's release are most likely marketers or hype-fiends while people making threads after a game's release are playing it.

>most likely marketers or hype-fiends
Oh please.
Also, early threads after the game's release were fucking terrible, especially that "1 hour till release" one.

I wish i could execute enemies more often

Should I?

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1920x1080, 102K)

I gave a mark to the lady of eternal torment (the one being constantly whipped), and then accidentally clicked the dialogue choice that put her out of her misery. How badly did I fuck up?

Attached: 1bab1359abcb30c3308103af84a1e48b311581811a22fa99689345958b5f3109.jpg (665x574, 37K)

yes, obviously

I finished the game, but I've missed so much stuff, bloody hell. Guess it's time for a second playthrough

well the descrition reads like it could do something, and i just got the damn thing. I dont want to miss anything

how do you get different colored armor?

It's a dlc armour. You also get another one after beating the game

I really don't like the text font. It's annoying to read and it actually makes me want not to read the item descriptions and lore even though I'm really interested in it.

Agree. It looks good from a distance but playing at 1920x1080 in full screen it just hurts my eyes.

>she brings out another hand

Attached: 20190911104013_1.jpg (1920x1200, 335K)

How do you get more health flask thingies?
I'm on the third boss and I still haven't found a single one despite exploring everywhere as I go....

Find Empty Bile Vessels then find those bleeding statues, there's one in Graveyard of the Peaks and another in the cistern, that's all I found so far
Hit the walls more often, this game loves hidden walls.

You've probably picked up empty bile vessels by now, there's 1 near each of those boss areas. Take them to a blood fountain and pay to fill them up.

you find empty flasks like any other relic, then you have to fill them at a blood fountain thing which you find in some rooms
the only fountain I found so far was in jonto iirc

>Find Empty Bile Vessels then find those bleeding statues
I'm fucking retarded, i have a bunch of those.
Thanks user

I don't think I like it lads
It feels like I'm playing a dumbed down version of SotN

What's the bouquet of dried flowers for?

Now that I've finished it, it's most definitely the second best souls-like metroidvania, not like it's an expansive subgenre or anything, only second to SnS.

it's just a more tangible punishment to make up for no longer having a game over screen

give it to villagers

would you?

Attached: thSBUFa.png (1920x1080, 278K)

How does blasphemous compare to bloodstained? It sure as fuck looks a lot better.

Bloodstained had more variety to the gameplay, but looks like ass

Blasphemous only has one weapon, a few moves and some underwhelming spells, but looks MUCH better

Both are fun imo

The weapons in bloodstained didn't really sell me because of the fact that so many of them were dogshit, same goes for the spells, riga dowin is just too valuable.

If you upgrade the spells they can be quite devastating

Bloodstained is better but the presentation is horrible.
Blasphemous looks fantastic but gameplay is mostly serviceable.

Depends on what equipment it's got.

How is the Switch version?

What do you mean with cathedral, user?

in bloostained? i did that but too many of the spells felt really underwhelming and i didn't really have much of a desire to grind for souls or materials

spin attack is so fucking good

Nah, the first trailer was maybe 2 years ago now.

>bloostained?
"I could be your metroidvania tonight, user..."

Attached: Bloostained.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Nice one lmao

can someone tell me how i make this jump, the toxic makes me drop. the frustration is endless

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 374K)

wait for cloud to pass, then climb
on top you'll find an antipoison relic

Further into the area there's an item that nullifies the cloud damage.
Don't go down there until you've got it.

>Mfw I just realised that the blood fountains can be used to increase the potion cap

Also how many sword upgrades am I supposed to have when fighting our lady of the charred visage? I'm at sword level 1, i've gotten 1 max health upgrade and have 2 flasks.

I wish there was more stuff to spend money on. You can't get the move upgrades until you find the Mea Culpa altars so it just keeps piling on

who am I supposed to bring this?

Attached: 20190911205418_1.jpg (2560x1440, 235K)

Blood fountains increase cap only if you have an empty flask in the inventory.
Fighting lady like that is a bit early. Still, you can defeat her by redirecting orange orbs she shoots at you by hitting them

>I supposed to have when fighting our lady of the charred visage? I'm at sword level 1, i've gotten 1 max health upgrade and have 2 flasks
I beaten her with that spec. it took me an hour with the support of the lady. i don't think you're suppoed to face her without upgrades lol

I beat it at the same level after a couple tries, user. Just remember you can smack the solid orbs back, so try to keep her (male) face between you and the hand when you think that attack's coming so you can nail her forehead with a couple.

It's pretty good. I'm at 85% with 12 hours played. Some bosses have little problems, but all around it is a pretty good castlevania like game. It's not really a souls clone but more of a castlevania with a good design all around with pitfalls.
There are bugs here and there, but I honestly think it's a solid game, I just wish it had more optional bosses in the corners of the map.

>orbs
lel I was about to try doing that just now, no way the devs make them look weird for no reason. It's only my 2nd attempt anyway, I'll get it eventually since I dont feel like backtracking.

WHICH BELL NIGGA

It's only the first half

just buy the game and continue playing on your free download then

Keep it, take a break from Metroidvanias for 6 months, come back to it.

I honestly don't like it. While I love the art style and the setting, playing the game itself is just not fun. It feels slow and clunky and it's filled with platforming and environmental traps, which when coupled with the sluggish movement and controls, makes for a frustrating and not fun experience.
The gameplay feels like an old SNES game in all the worst ways.

I see the words "sluggish" and "clunky" thrown around a lot, but I didn't see it. It feels much like an original megaman gameplay/speed but with zero's gameplay and with a zero that could grab ledges.

It's slightly bigger than Bloodstained's map.

The game that it reminds me the most is actually ghouls and goblins.

>Give guy some oil
>start next pilgrimage
>he's a tree now
??
Also, why exactly every time I quit the game my control scheme is set to default? Does anyone else also has this problem with gog version of the game?

Attached: 2019-09-11_1505_1.png (1366x768, 160K)

Easier if you leave your guilt as a poor man's potion to get an extra heal, and if you can time hitting the red orbs back at her. Otherwise it's a bit of a slog compared to Ten Piedad

>It's slightly bigger than Bloodstained's map.

you mean slightly smaller right?

My control scheme has stayed the same but every time I launch the game it's awkwardly windowed.
Also I wan to shoot whoever thought only accessing the menu from the map was a good idea.

bruh you can execute a fucking painting

Attached: 20190911211021_1.jpg (2560x1440, 328K)

>awkwardly windowed
Also this. Oh, and I've lost the skin you get after beating the game. Nice

People throw around 'soulslike' way too fucking much these days
Aside from the bonfire/flask system, I'd hesistate to say they're really that similar. Ghouls and Goblins is a much better comparison, IMO

Thank god someone remembered G&G because that's exactly the feeling that I got when I played the game. Just a more modernized version of it.

isint there any difficulty settings this game is far too easy.

Apparently there's a Nightmare mode that they reached as a kickstarter goal. Boss rush too. Just wait for the free content updates I guess.

Try slicing every projectile at least once, user, most physical ones can be cut out of the air even if you can't deflect 'em.
I felt the same way for a while, but once I got past Jondo and the snowy mountain, things seemed to pick up Part the level design was just at it's absolute worst for platforming and traps in those two particular places, part starting to get a feel for it. Either way, I'm glad I stuck with it a little longer. If you're still in either of those places and undecided, maybe consider sticking it out yourself and seeing if it gets better.

Even if there were it would just be "enemy dies in 12 hits instead of 6" type stuff

gaming breaking ability right here

Attached: 20190911212053_1.jpg (2560x1440, 266K)

Didn't like it. I'm so tired of these shitty indie castlevania dark souls clones a d the fact that they even sell is worse. This game is surely a less shitty version of salt and sanctuary but I'd rather play SnS over this for 2 reasons. 1. I feel like the map is way more interesting and draws way more focus to your platforming skills a d not just hurrr durrr slide dodge everywhere like a complete fag and 2. As shitty as SnS is. At least its lore is unique. Blasphemous is literally trying to be castlevania, diablo, dark souls but people can like whatever. I know I regret getting it.

Just finished it and got what I assume is the regular ending? Fought all the bosses though.

All in all I think it's a healthy 7-7.5/10. Fantastic art even if the later big bosses are all disappointingly static. Combat is mostly meh but there are some attacks that are very satisfying to use. Despite the overall presentation, it's actually way too easy. Aside from a few platforming woes it might be one of the easiest of these "souls likes". Oh and I wish there were more mobility options, this would solve the problem with platforming and would add an layer of depth to the boss fight.

Voice acting ranges from good to mediocre, mostly that one chick you fight, and the writing sometimes tries too hard but like I said the way they present everything and how sometimes you can just unwittingly fuck over NPCs adds a lot of charm to the world. Music is serviceable aside from a few stand out tracks. A really good world that finally takes advantage of a setting rarely used backed up by the pixel art.

But yeah, probably a 7 if I look back to it a year from now. Hopefully the kickstarter goals they'll add later will beefen up the game.

Watching a non-commentary lets play right now, it really looks comfy.

I'm getting MAJOR Diablo 2 Act 1 vibes from this game.

Attached: 0fmh6c8bcri21.jpg (800x400, 74K)

Friendly reminder to always complete snowy area first, unless you want to get locked out of a chunk of the map and items therein.

The town music is very similar to Diablo town music.

pic related is the second half. The red part on the left is the end of the red path on the other pic.

Anyone knows how you get to the corridor under the second floor you reach with the elevator in the cathedral rooftop?

Attached: 20190911141040_1.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

>Lets play
Get the fuck out.
Play the fucking game yourself or don't bother with it at all, you fucking zoomer. They're not movies and watching some other fag play it instead of doing so yourself is not the same experience. And the last thing I want is my hobby shitting out more games to appeal to you fucking spectators instead of people like me who actually play them.

>GARNISH MY GAMES WITH PRETENTION BRO!

Even if he's somehow right, that's one alcoholic pretentious paragraph.

The final boss is disappointing.

I agree with him but jesus christ why do you have to be such a faggot about it?

I agree, the world art and music are fantastic but it's really just not very fun to play, though I did find one boss very fun, the girl before the last boss that you had to parry constantly, much better than the other bosses, and the level design past the gate seems considerably better at least.

I wanna pirate it to actually try it , where can I get it?

Attached: 1563007411367.png (597x493, 2K)

That one fight with the three floating gals also made you parry a lot.

I used the bitch to help me for bossfights, I damn well know something bad is coming out of this

Well, shit I beat Ten Piedad first and then the snowy area. Is there a NG+ option?

I wouldn't know since I just destroyed it by hitting all 3 at once.

Not big into Metroidvania or whatever but liking this game. If this one's bad, whats a good one?

Don't ever listen to Yea Forums, snowy area should be last.

Bro how the FUCK do I get to this area?

Attached: confuse.png (908x476, 15K)

It's not a bad game honestly, it's just rough around the edges. There will be plenty of faggots to tell you to play Hollow knight, but don't listen to them, you're better playing Symphony of the Night and the rest of the igavanias in release order.

Blasphemous is more or less a castlevania with a different coat of paint and without dracula as the last boss. You should try them.
After that, Super metroid, if you're masochist there is La mulana and only then you should look at the indie games like Aquaria, Rabi Ribi, Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary, Valdis Story, environmental station Alpha if you want more of it.

It ain't bad just a bit shallow.

If you want a recommendation list then I'll throw it your way.
Start with the classics:
Super Metroid
Zero Mission
SotN
AoS
DoS
PoR
etc.
Also Cave Story but that's really a metroidvania but still a classic all these modern games look towards for inspiration.

Then you can go with the modern ones:
Salt and Sanctuary if you want an even more robust 2D souls game instead of this one
Environment Station Alpha
Hollow Knight
Rabi-Ribi
Valdis Story
Momodora
Ori but preferably wait for Ori 2 instead
Axiom Verge
La-Mulana if you want to feel like an absolute fucking brainlet. Rain World is a good non-linear platform as well.

the segment directly below you?
send the elevator down, go left and loop back around and fall off.
you might need the relic that lets you fall into pits

>but that's not really a metroidvania
I meant to say.

>you might need the relic that lets you fall into pits
Oh, yeah that sounds like it would help. Where do I get that?

Bloodstained is a good start if you really want to feel the "Metroidvania" genre in the modern era. Almost all the other games the anons listed above me are Metroid-likes.

thanks user

I don't actually remember where I got it, possibly from the hairball that you give 3 items to?
Then you take the egg to the tree that wants an offering and bless the hatched egg, not sure which one that gives you but it might be it.

It looks interesting but the barbie dress up thing turns me off also I don't like the visuals

Oh, you mean the relic that makes the vines? I have that, I didn't know it let you fall into pits though.

The guitars in Desecrated Citern is fucking stellar

What's with all the fucking pixel perfect nonsense in this shit? Like I think I've come across so many platforms that you can all barely make.

left of the baby boss, in the room with the bull painting

no no, there's a different one that lets you fall into pits that would otherwise kill you, but that part has the vines too for you to land on, I really don't remember where I got it from since I played the entire thing through in one go so it's all a blur, I'm also not really sure if you need that one to fall down there.

meant for this

Thanks bros.

I hate how you can't drop from ladders with a down B, you have to jump sideways or just go down the ladder

Where should I bring Tangalia something's remains? I have 3 parts, the hair, the skeleton and the flesh. Also, how do you open the cave in the snowy area? I've given the oil to the treeman, I have the dried flowers but I can't enter the cave.

Fucking Yea Forums
I was having a blast yesterday then I browsed the thread before sleep, now all I see are flaws when I play
fuck you

LET ME HAVE IT

Attached: 20190911221255_1.jpg (2560x1440, 335K)

Your fault for being influenced by a bunch of anonymous shitposters

we're all shitposters here user
tell me you never shat on a game you didnt even play just for the heck of it

Look dumbass I did the frozen area first and you really aren't supposed to be there yet. Go through Mercy's Dream first, thank me later

you need to hatch the egg of diformity first. You get it in the catacomb part (the green area) at the bottom. You need to offer 3 items to the giant egg there. You have to buy one from the shopkeeper (ribbon something) and the other two, you find them in various part of the cathedral.

Baxa puto amo

how's the switch version?

yea

About 40~ ish done. Controls feel unresponsive compared to Dead Cells.
There's too much horse shit going on. I've been to like 8 areas and only found one boss besides the tutorial one. Grind is pretty terrible. Map is unintuitive.
I was hoping this'd be better than Death's Gambit, but eeeh.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BRING IT ON

Attached: IMG_20190714_171802.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

I thought so too. I feared that the game would end once I had beaten the first 3 true bosses, but the game keeps going after that and it gets much harder past the halfway point.

Hasn't this game been out for like 4 years?

Have you tolled the bell?

>deep (and boring)

I hate this person

Same as PC plus you know but you have to pay for it

I beat Our Lady of Charred Visage with only two flasks and one health upgrade
The satisfaction from beating this shit is the hit I look for in these games, and why I refused to backtrack for more upgrades

Here's the (You)
what's your prepared meme reply?

Compared to fighting Ten Piedad in the demo, Charred Lady was way more fun

the jonjo thing? Yes.

Tell me how much I fucking suck

Hold up, there is a map? Is it unlockable or I just didn't notice it?

I already got the egg how can I hatch it?

press select silly user.
Bring it to the charred tree above jonjo, where you fought for the first time the angel lady. Put the egg there, leave the screen, come back to get the content of the egg and then you need to make the statue in the blue dream bless it. You will get a new relic that opens new paths.

>discord spoiler format

Attached: EDVxu4eUwAA0jF_.jpg (680x647, 68K)

I've obtained the second mask for the elevator with the statue in Archcathedral. Used it.

Left I have a save point, a teleport door and a shortcut to the lower level. Right I had a miniboss (the human with a ¿bell on a pole?) with two flying enemies. Killed them, but path is blocked.

I have no idea where should I go... Help, please!

Attached: 201905141326280000001557833188.0308.jpg (1170x700, 294K)

lurk more newfag

>Start game
>Artists are so proud of their work that the starting screen doesn't even have the game title displayed just the main character's idle animating

When I entered Albero, I had massive Diablo 1 vibes, right down to the melodic guitar. Felt them even more when I started going down catacombs and the gigantic upside down bell.

This game has 10/10 fucking atmosphere and amazing spritework. The controls are pretty responsive too. Also:

>Naked guy with a giant bull mask starts throwing matador's spears

This is a spaniard game alright.

>download demo
>uses j k l m keys
>can't rebind them
yeah no thank you

Is this game on the Switch?

It's alright, I just beat the three ghost ladies boss, that fight is ass only due to platforming depending on ledge grabbing and ledge grabbing is pretty iffy on that shitty moving area. I also got glitched in her fight about 3 different times causing my death so there's that.

I'm literally unable to understand the complaints about the movement/controls being clunky, aside from ledges being fucking magnetic. Are people just shit at platforming?

Attached: 1413129501059.gif (500x500, 395K)

>Can't mark icons in the map

After IGA finally let me do this shit in Bloodstained, I'm fucked out of it in this game. I'm gonna lose so much shit.

I have a knot of rosary rope, how do I actually turn that into an extra bead slot?

>What if we crossed a Metroidvania with Ghost and Goblins with Diablo 1: ENCHILADA edition

This game is something else.

Do you mean Viridiana? Am I just fucked out of this item because I don't need help with bosses?

I'm starting to think it's literally just how weird the downward air stab feels to use

Has anyone EVER landed that charge attack? I’ve only got the first upgrade for it but it seems useless so far.

Sometimes I land it if an enemy is lumbering towards me, and won't try to attack me until it's close enough for the charged swing to land anyway.

Once i got the charge speed upgrade i used it a bit on some of the slower enemies, but mostly for the style points.

Just beat Lady of the Charred Visage, landed final blow as she was casting the purple laser, the laser glitched out and remained active and kept homing me, actually killed me as I was jumping around wondering wtf lol

based

Attached: 1565548823777.jpg (859x1155, 922K)

Why the fuck doesn't the map show shop locations. I need the Inquisitor Key and I don't remember where the shop for it was because I didn't have 9999 tears at a time. How the fuck do you miss such a crucial feature for a map.

one of the rooms in the brotherhood of silent sorrow

I once tried on those very slow stone dudes in the snow area, it didn't kill him and he countered which sent me flying to my death.

I'm an atheist and I hung around art history crew for years so I'm enjoying the fuck out of the art design and all the references to actual paintings, sculptures and architecture. Also the funeral rites and rituals were absolutely nailed.

Will this scratch that Dark Souls itch?

Attached: 1555373693261.jpg (4096x2730, 1.11M)

At the boss that is at the halfway point before the door that required the three miracles. I got a "Dried flower bathed in tears" item and two items that are of "tentudia". Anything i can do with these or should i just keep playing? Also, i'm at sword lvl 3, i suppose i havent missed anything vital? also did the ceremony for the egg thingy, hatched it, blessed it, also returned back and got another item.

I dunno about the rest but give the hair of tentudia to that church guy in the window in Albero