Why does SNK hate Kyo?

Why does SNK hate Kyo?

Attached: Kyo-xii.jpg (1274x1754, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/shinomas_eng/status/1167710140100800517
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't they mary sue the fuck out of his movelist in KOF 12 and made everyone else shit?

Lol sprites.

yeah that was 10 years ago.

he's just not as popular as Terry/Iori/Geese iirc

he's just not as much of a hit as the others and they've accepted it

Fuck Geese

Rugal when

we don't talk about 12...

Not as quotable as Terry
Not as cool as Iori

Well it's the best example why sprites can ruin a game due to time/cost which also affects movelists and balance.

He's a canonical piece of shit. He doesn't try at anything, and he leads with that on his snk character bio/dating profile. His longest running character arc is about how everyone he comes up against finds it hilarious he's in the specified "hero" position by default.

He took Shingo's lunches from promising to teach him to teach him to harness fire like him. Something he knew was impossible to teach him. He did this because it was easier than bringing his own food to school. If he's stopped at any time it's only because he's completely dropped out of school.

I've struggled to think of a single likable element to his personality so long I actually took a shine to Alba, from that time he was kicking Kyo's ass in Another Day. Even aware as I am Alba is an over-powered playable god and in design a Falcoon "cooler" self-insert character.

He's still the original main character though.

He canonically was the hero of an entire KoF saga and that's more than Terry and Ryo got for that series. Also his character never developed since 95 compared to other sagas protagonists.

I mean sure. But maybe I'm reading too much into that "still" because my first thought is that "nothing SNK can do can ever really change history.". But maybe that's only because I could envision a troll argument: That by occupying the top of the poster: that Team Fatal Fury technically got top billing in '94.

But setting that aside I just find that a less endearing appeal to legacy since half the cast in KOF94 have more history than him. In addition to being likable caricatures if not actual characters, who are shown consistently being likable despite not being the actual canonical in-universe card-carrying "Hero".

Does Kyo even get in crossovers anymore?

Attached: Di9dUP6VsAEb3lz.jpg:orig.jpg (1586x987, 463K)

Are those supposed to be SNK employee votes or some kind of weighted metric?

You think SNK has that many employees?

Terry and Geese look terrifying in that artstyle.

To be fair, only the top 4 in there have shown in crossovers lately.

>Iori

>Athena

Over their lifetime sure: I can only imagine this is from 2018

It is, the neogeo mini is being mentioned down there. SNK only has 188 employees so this can't be about them. It's a Famitsu reader poll.

In KoF 13, one of his dialogs with Kim confirms that he's still in high school. Now I know that many of the other characters have barely changed, but someone who's entire personality is basically being a shonen hero with muh flames not only gets old quick, but should get older as time goes on if you know what I mean. I used to think he was awesome when he was younger, but the appeal is gone for me

>Athena and Iori are in mobile legends.
>Iori is in Million Arthur
>Kula is in DoA

Actually both Terry and Iori are the only two SNK fighters able to show up in TWO franchises so far.

Oh fuck, Mai is also in that waifu card game (along with that stupid cow maid bird) and also appeared in DoA.

Attached: terrybogard-xuandouzhiwang-desktop.jpg (1920x1142, 257K)

he dropped out of HS to live off his family money. the kusanagi are filthy rich. he also hates the fact that iori decided to keep studying.
add the fact that his new design makes him look like an cliche isekai protagonist and there is nothing to like about him
SNK doesn't seem to care much about that. nor the fanbase

*when I was younger, not him
Either that, or his KoF 14 design and school boy outfits are just that boring to me. Give us biker jacket Kyos or give us nothing

mai is in senran kagura mobile too

what?

>hating on Shinkiro's style, the original SNK style

Attached: rape now.jpg (400x1162, 104K)

I don't remember being terrified by kof 94's art.

Attached: kof9403.jpg (700x900, 107K)

isn't iori in some retarded isekai manga or something

twitter.com/shinomas_eng/status/1167710140100800517

Oh fuck, she is in Senran Kagura too.

Which makes Mai the only SNK fighter able to appear in THREE cross franchise appearance.

.... which is not surprising really since she is the grandma and main inspiration of almost all kunoichi out there.

Attached: Lilith Terry.jpg (600x800, 163K)

Well photoshop sucked balls back then so he had to do it the old way.

kyo and benimaru have the exact same goddamn face.

Attached: Blanka-SF2-Defeat-Icon.png (124x100, 24K)

yeah but despite always being the poster boy of KOF he's never really paid attention to when its time to crossover

He's in this weird spot of not lame but not cool enough. Does he still talk shit like he used to?

Even his shit talk had been lackluster compared to the cast. He's pretty much comparable to ShunEi in 14 of having cool shit in em but can't deliver.

You mean K'.? NEST really sucked out the cool from Kyo

Based

Of course they do, dummy. They're Japanese.

They don't, Kyo still remains in KOF despite the plans to sack each part protagonist once they part ended. Kyo became the whole series' protagonist despite the fact he has become completely inrelevant to the series' events after Orochi got defeated.

Shun at least got ikemen artwork with Rock and other handsome characters now and then, which is more than you can say for Kyo.

Still the face of his own series, that's the point.

Still the face of King of Fighters, maybe you should look at what happened to Dimitri from Darkstalkers before talking about how Kyo is unloved.

Dimitri got love twice at least, in that Chaos game that doesn’t have Morrigan and the Project x Zone trilogy.

being the "face" of the series doesn't mean much when everyone gets the same treatment in kof14. other characters are popular enough to get into crossovers today, Kyo isn't, simple as that. hell you could say that Nakoruru had a better treatment than Kyo since she was a guest character for that game and not vice versa. incidentally Nakoruru just so happens to be more popular than Kyo, too.

it's like saying that Capcom still cares about Gargoyle's Quest just because Firebrand is in MVC. or that Nintendo still cares about F-zero because Captain Falcon is in smash.

Kyo & Benimaru are in some literally who Chinese fighting game. Meanwhile Geese is in Tekken, Terry is in Smash and FEXL, Haohmaru is in SCVI, Nakoruru got into KOFXIV/Heroines and will likely be in XV, Iori is in Million Arthur (a small-time anime fighter but more noteworthy than the Chinese one), and Mai/Kula are in DOA.

Shinkiro is based. I wish he did a big poster for Smash like the Sm4sh newcomers got, in the style of the UMvC3 re-release cover art.

Attached: UMvC3 4.jpg (2692x3807, 2.51M)

>in that Chaos game that doesn’t have Morrigan and the Project x Zone trilogy.
SvC is seen as a broken mess while Morrigan went on to star in the much more loved Capcom vs SNK, also Morrigan is in all Capcom vs Namco games. Getting kicked out of the spotlight in his own series is much worse than being excluded from crossover appearances, I don't know why you are obssessed with it.

>when everyone gets the same treatment in kof14.
Did you eve play KOFXIV? Kyo's Japan Team along with the new Hero Team (and Nakoruru) are literally the only fighters to appear in the Story Cutscenes.

I think you have me confused with someone else?

Anyway while you’re right that she’s in all 3 as well he’s the one driving the Darkstalkers plot especially in PXZ1 when Morrigan could give 2 shits about Jedah, not to mention he and his castle serve a major part in the ending of both the first and third part.

I wish the entire game looked like his art. I think they could pull that off if they tried. It blends all the different characters well

Kyo is still the "protagonist" of KOF but that just gets him on the box. Iori is easily the more popular "main character" of KOF, and at this point you could count Terry as being more popular since he's been a KOF character longer than Fatal Fury was around by now.

Even then, Demitri got fucked even worse. If Darkstalkers 4 ever got made, there's a chance he wouldn't even be on the fucking box unless they went with a cast shot. It'd be Morrigan front and center. Morrigan transcends even Iori's status.

You're forgetting the bosses themselves but that's obvious. Just gives me an excuse to post Antonov. Easily my favorite XIV newcomer even if he's not in my main team.

Attached: Antonov-kofxiv.jpg (980x1717, 280K)

Iori is in heroines too.

Pointing at someone else doesn't really change that Kyo doesn't get as much love as other SNK characters.

Heroines is basically a KOF game so I consider anybody from another series to be the "guests" in it, meaning Nakoruru, Skullomania, Joan, and that girl from Million Arthur.

I pointed at someone else to reinforce the fact that Kyo still is plenty loved, if you think Kyo is one of the less loved characters by SNK you don't know shit about SNK, remember the time when Ryo Sakazaki wasn't a walking joke?

>I pointed at someone else to reinforce the fact that Kyo still is plenty loved
Logic doesn't work like that. In fact what you did is a fallacy called whataboutism. One pile of shit doesn't stop being a pile of shit just because of the existence of a smellier pile of shit.

>if you think Kyo is one of the less loved characters
nobody said that.

>Logic doesn't work like that.
Yes it works with proven facts, and the fact is Kyo remains firmly loved by SNK, he still is the face of his series despite his arc ending a long time ago and still hasn't become a joke in his series.

>Yes it works with proven facts
You're just going to ignore the post? Okay then, I'll take that as you conceding the argument.

Geese is a pussy next to Rugal

>You're just going to ignore the post?
The post that has absolute no argument to tell exactly why Kyo is less loved?

The post that addresses your fallacy of an argument, please don't ignore it.

Geese has a bigger grip on the few US fans SNK even has, Rugal is only king in Latin America.

see

Rugal has a way better/cooler movelist.

Makes me wish SNK would fuck off with the new characters and put playable Adelheid in a new KOF game already.

That's just one side of his personality, and as far as I know this jackass part is mostly for comedy purposes, just like his relationship with his father. (very bad sense of humor though)
Kyo is also a person who will risk his life to fight evil. And unlike most of the roster he isn't an incel.

Nah. Nothing beats the thrill of catching the opponent's move and slamming their punk ass on the ground. Geese just offers a fun and unique mechanic that few other characters even do in fighters.

>and will likely be in XV
i doubt she'll be in honestly
they're likely to get rid of some of the fat from KoF14 and replace it with characters more important to the story

>Kyo is also a person who will risk his life to fight evil.
Yawn.

>Rugal is only king in Latin America.
You say that like if latin america was meaningless. At least for SNK, latin america is far more important than Europe.
Also, europeans liking something isn't excacly a good sign nowadays; most people don't think highly on european standards, since they are all faggots.

>Heroines is basically a KOF game
Doesn't stop it from being a crossover, especially since KOF itself is a crossover too since its first entry.

in a genre full of noble karate men, and "cool guys" everyone likes its kind of novel to have a MC who's basically the opposite of any of that
that's his niche

But

GENOCIDE CUTTER

KOF has been getting shafted in general which I find interesting, they're putting so much attention on Fatal Fury recently. Picking Geese over Iori in Tekken, Terry getting that huge Smash spot, and Mai getting both DOA and mobile titty ninja game

Attached: 1567350872266.png (1420x1100, 549K)

Who cares honestly, Fatal Fury is the GOAT of SNK, Terry, Mai, Geese and Rock if his story wasn’t such a bitch to get around.

Kyo was one of the major parts of the NESTS saga because he was who they were using for clone soldiers and Krizalid, K' and Kula got artificial imitations of his powers implanted in them.. somehow. Hell by the time the saga limped along to it's finish there were 2 Kyo clones in the roster with a 3rd being added in 2003.

I couldn't take it seriously once someone pointed out the george clooney thing

not so prevalent here though

Ironically, the clones are way more engaging than Kyo. Its like they sucked his charisma as well

This. KOF is the flagship series mostly because the mechanics stood out the most (Fatal Fury's lane system isn't as cool as KOF 3v3, and Art of Fighting was one of many SFII-likes). Fatal Fury has the better main cast and story, and popularity reflects that, barring Iori, K', Kula, & Benimaru being quite popular.

Attached: 1567048291666.jpg (915x927, 71K)

Goenitz when?

Attached: 2079160-goenitz2.jpg (960x960, 76K)

what's even left for SNK to crossover with outside of ArcSys?
Would they even be willing to work with Capcom again?

>Would they even be willing to work with Capcom again?
Not from anything I've read recently, no. Capcom themselves aren't interested either because they think their brand is "Too Big" to be seen working with a "Literally-Who?" brand like SNK.

Attached: nani sore.jpg (1280x1129, 363K)

I could see a guest character in the next Metal Slug. They already put the whole Ikari team into them.