This is not a photograph...it is a video game

This is not a photograph...it is a video game.

Attached: 1453334403_cloudy1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B8KtGeAEcDc
youtube.com/watch?v=ojU5YZfDW5E
youtube.com/watch?v=1o-ojTM6tCE
youtube.com/watch?v=QIMHT51C1f0
youtube.com/watch?v=6xlUyS5_yAU
youtube.com/watch?v=O012WnQSv24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GTA IV with mods looks absolutely beautiful. I've always liked the dark theme of Liberty City, but these mods just wow....

This has been the picture to represent photo realistic graphics for like 8 years. I think its time for a new screenshot.

a video game where cars drive like boats

It's no masterpiece.

why aren't there mods for GTA V that look even better than this?

Thanks for reminding me I have a computer that can actually run this shit now
Gonna go try it.

Give me the mod list, NOW

Attached: 189469765.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

This mod completely fried my 1070.

looks like shit in motion

>low res pavement
>repeated textures in the windows
>the flat lighting on the buildings
>actually looks somewhat clean

Pretty obvious desu

oh yes, those real life taxis covered in vaseline with pitch black wheels

>overcast sky
That trick was used 30 years ago by games to bluff they had good light effects

youtu.be/B8KtGeAEcDc

No one ever posted this mod in motion.

You can tell that this isn't real by just looking at the cars windows.

Vanilla PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> console >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ugly shitty graphics mods and filters

It's crazy how nice games look just by having natural colors. But to be fair this enb only looks good in noon with overcast. The original looked it's absolute worst in these conditions, it was just gray.

Looks kinda bad now, honestly.

The cubemap and specmap on the car is good, and the textures are all a good resolution, but that's about where it stops.

Giving a look at the buildings, on first glance the ones on the foreground look good. But the more you look at everything the more everything starts to look bad.

The self shadowing is absolutely terrible, and the overreliance on image-based lighting creates this uncanny effect where the illusion is broken. The windows don't look like windows, they look like pictures of windows that act on light the same way the brick and concrete around them does. I'm suddenly not looking at a picture of something, I'm looking at a game set on fullbright, it's just boxes with divets and high resolution pictures draped over them. It looks exceedingly fake, much like how high resolution textures looked in GTA:SA.

All the objects in the scene suffer the most. The lightposts and traffic signal poles look like they're completely unlit. The glass shows that they're on, but they're not projecting any light. It's overcast, they should at least be casting their own shadows.

And that's just it. All the lighting feels fake. It only looks correct if you don't actually look at anything but the car. Look at that fucking ped FFS.

Here's how I would fix this:
>Fix the lighting in the textures so that the contrast is cohesive between buildings
>Add spec and bump maps to building textures so they don't look so flat
>Add material rendering to everything. Light posts to not look like brick, even in overcast conditions
>Fix long-distance shadows
>Fix self-shadowing
>More polygons on curved objects

Once all of that is implemented, it'll look good again. Though that linear fog and trees in the background are very ugly, they're not as offensive as everything else I listed.

Attached: 1561310486336.jpg (3815x2544, 748K)

I'll be honest, this looks like absolute trash.

We can tell

Attached: 22511045824_a3d7251075_o.jpg (1920x1080, 1017K)

Except those do exist, just Google them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojU5YZfDW5E
>inb4 it doesn't look better xD ebin trole

any game looks good when you downsample the resolution 10x

you mean that’s a real in-game screenshot?

>ultra-realistic graphics
>"lets make everything wet xDDDD"
why

it doesn't look better

thought it was supposed to be los angeles not london

it doesn't look better

>pitch black tires and under the car
>window reflections

youtube.com/watch?v=QIMHT51C1f0

Attached: gta4enb.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

it still looks like shit
high resolutions can't make a shitty art-style look realistic user
cars still look like hotwheels

>mod changes the art style
>hurrdurr v art style hot wheels
V haters are so retarded

"This will be graphics in 2013"

What kind of rig do you need to play this at a decent framerate?

a computer

half the cars in that video are literally laser scanned models of real cars, what the fuck are you talking about?

The GTAIV screens look terrible, flat and completely unlit. The only thing that has any texture to it is the car, which inadvertantly breaks everything else in the scene with the awful contrast in the screenshots.

In motion, at a distance, and with actual shit on the screen, the GTA5 ENB is leaps and bounds ahead of the GTAIV ENB.

Attached: doesn't look better bro.jpg (4183x3240, 2.89M)

>imagine graphics in 2020

Attached: cyberpunk.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

What about this picture of ramlethal's feet?

Attached: 148XbEVr.jpg (1456x819, 70K)

shame it's a pic of a very mediocre game

the vid doesn't look like those screens on the left tho

cope

They also age more gracefully. Your eyes will always tell you things look 'correct' when they are the correct color under certain light, and their texture looks pleasingly tangible.

It took a second because I was just staring at the reflections on the taxi; the wheels, road, lamppost, distant objects and some other areas (left windows) could be improved to make it much harder to tell. But at a glance it's very good.

Gee I wonder why running something with a lot of grainy detail and wide range of colors doesn't look right when passed through an algorithm designed to cram that shit down as much as possible?

Good thing you can download it right now, for free, and see it yourself.

Attached: vid.jpg (1600x900, 261K)

do cars normally wobble like that

no

gtaiv exaggerates body roll a ton

>he blames it on compression when it's pretty much perfect quality at 4k
>takes a screencap at "HD" quality, not even 4k
>1600x900, his monitor isn't even 1080p
lmao

Nintendo...

What about night time?

Attached: 1325599824_enb2011920161743.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

>all these mods but still no way to play GTA IV at a consistent 60FPS on PC

Attached: 1568038730061.jpg (365x365, 15K)

I'm pretty sure that is indeed a photograph. retard

you can but you need a processor with good single core performance.

It’s a classic. GTA4 had a huge modding community working on ENB stuff to make it look INSANE for the time. Ironically you never see ENB stuff for GTAV, cause everyone’s too busy modding in undertail music into the radio stations

rendering night time shots is the go to short cut for a set that looks good
that's why Pacific Rim looked better than the sequel

>when it's pretty much perfect quality at 4k
lol I can't even imagine being this blind
>not even 4k
I have VP9 disabled.
>his monitor isn't even 1080p
My laptop certainly is 1600x900. The CPU is throwing ~2GB of data down the video pipeline every second at 1600x900, and just under 3GB (2.9859) at 1080p. Because my laptop is not for recreation, but a Linux machine for programming and text editing, I purposefully specced a laptop with a middling resolution. The difference in QOL is negligable, while the difference in battery life is anything but. At some point I'll replace it with an X1 or P53 and at that point a 1080p screen will be my only option, but that's not today.

And really, it's all inconsequential in the grand scheme of this thread. Cry more. GTA5's ENB looks better. You have no argument and are railing against reality and trying to engage in a poorly planned out personal attack.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 240K)

Bitch I was doing that on a GTX 460 and a phenom II duo. Not the ENB mods of course but vanilla maxed out no problem. Shit that same set up could run GTAV. Admittedly with lower draw distance than even the 360 version but still smooth

And it looks like a video game too. It also looks much worse in motion and not photorealistic at all.
Until we get genuine realtime raytracing in a few decades, games will never look realistic.

Attached: 1567638759030.jpg (517x567, 44K)

Considering they were mostly mods from 2009 to 2013 even though they haven’t aged great it still looks impressive in motion just considering it was a mod effort

>newfag
fuck off cunt

Graphics have stagnated in the last few years.

Attached: 25240162079_54eec80817_o.jpg (1920x1080, 2.03M)

Lurk moar son, ENB modding gta 4 is a classic topic of debate and shitposting on Yea Forums

Crysis never looked realistic. It had lots of impressive shaders, especially for the time, but realistic it was not.

There HAS to be some equally impressive GTAV ENB (or other group) graphical mods right?

ah the good old no need to worry about shadows and lighting "weather"

I don't want games to look realistic.

environments did faggot. it did many things.

holy kek at this level of autism and blogging

You unironically get better performance by playing it on linux through wine+d9vk

GTA V's modding community shit stains GTA IV's, because you don't have to spend 3 hours troubleshooting GTA V to get it running on your computer. GTA IV's PC port is the worst I've ever tried to play, i7 processor with an RTX 2060 and it locks me at medium settings with less than 30 FPS because it only runs on 4 cores.

Attached: image.jpg (640x363, 169K)

That's not Crysis, that's Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Attached: rockscomparison.jpg (1920x1656, 2.24M)

car looks almost alright
street lamps looks like shit
first building to the left looks like shit
the one npc coming up the street looks like shit
every else, passable. we've seen better.
forza breads for this kind of thing were better bait, fyi.

>locks to 4 cores

THAT EXPLAINS WHY! Holy shit I never thought about it because I was on a dual core when GTAIV was in its “prime” (read: still on G4WL)

blind as a bat

Attached: 12210_screenshots_20171205220409_1.jpg (1680x1050, 320K)

sim racing games from 2010 already had better asphalt textures than this.

there's also a bug where if your gpu has more than 4gb of vram it'll wreck your game

Man GTAV has aged like shit.

Attached: 40802762325_116260b23d_o.jpg (2560x1080, 2.14M)

>sim racer from 2010 has better asphalt textures when it doesn't need to render much else than a 2008 open world

Man, I remember seeing this screenshot. It's quite amazing, but does it actually run past 0 fps?

It’s not even bait it’s a decade old mod set that was heavily argued as was used to shit on console plebs at the time.

GTA4 ENB was the 2012 equivalent of bragging cause you could run crysis in 2007

lol

Attached: 878645-fallout-4-playstation-4-screenshot-however-did-that-galleon[1].jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

You would think with the tech of 2019 it would be a resounding yes but... ironically it runs almost worse now days because how common quad cores are now.

There's this enb preset called prsa that's pretty good if you tweak it enough

OHHHHHH, no wonda my fuckin' game crashed afta 5 fuckin' minutes every time, I thought it was the fuckin' cocksuckin' mothafuckin' DRM!

Attached: image.jpg (853x480, 502K)

Man, imagine having to play Fallout on consoles.

Attached: 27368568838_2e6f1b647a_o.png (2560x1080, 3.58M)

Yeah but it doesn't look as good as THIS.

Attached: GTA3 29_08_2019 10_15_22.jpg (3840x2160, 1.74M)

It's mostly all about how much money game dev studios want to invest into a single game. In order to make extremely detailed graphics you need a lot of well qualified 3d artists/animators/concept artists/level designers etc. It's all costs money and time. It's not like game studios are just lazy nowdays or something. It's just too expensive to make games for high end hardware.

Attached: GITS_cut335_layout-web-1024x675.jpg (1024x675, 221K)

It was hard to find a PC screenshot that wasn't ripped from a video and full of compression artifacts. It doesn't look much better.

You can mod it all you want, but there's a reason all of these shots are conveniently taken so that the distant landscape either isn't in the shot or is obscured as much as possible. I've played about 300 hours on PC on ultra, I know how bad the game looks (even for its release)

As opposed to what? What was the popular core number back then? I'm hesitant to say the obvious does more cores = better?

The framerate was in the toilet. Disgusting.

Attached: 271590_screenshots_20160408134435_1.jpg (1600x1200, 334K)

By all means, vanilla F4 looks like shit on PC too.
But you gotta mod it to not make it look like vomit at all times.

Attached: 27941529988_66cb0f1e53_o.png (2560x1080, 2.83M)

>have 16gb vram
Am I quadruple fucked?

Is there any way to get the FPS higher with this level of graphics? I get about 40 FPS too with all my shit turned on and it pisses me off.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 861K)

obviously OP, New York City isn't near that clean

So do you get to fuck the taxi or what? Don't wanna waste my time if there's no autoerotica.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190910141352.png (1920x902, 1.96M)

Nice Suit

It's also way easier to hit the performance constraints of a flagship PC than non-developers know. Non-developers like to think optimization is a magic buzzword, and you can just infinitely optimize your code until you've got software based real time ray tracing working on a pentium II, but that's not at all the case.

We're rapidly approaching the maximum amount of performance we can squeeze out of gaming computers. A title that takes full advantage of flagship hardware wouldn't truthfully look that much better, but it would take a shitload of time and money to make. Considering it will only be played by a tiny fraction of the market, it's a guaranteed gigantic financial loss.

Until we figure out how to use anything other than electricity to make things faster and smaller, we're plateauing pretty hard thanks to the constraints of the laws of physics and the upper bounds of information entropy.

Attached: 9ngaC.jpg (540x960, 35K)

Fuck you, dumb ass.

Attached: image.jpg (377x325, 92K)

this, no one's making the real mods

Attached: 1564242275017.jpg (1300x956, 254K)

What game is this

>Considering it will only be played by a tiny fraction of the market, it's a guaranteed gigantic financial loss
>because graphics settings don't exist

these mods always look fucking awful in motion

>how to be realistic
>just add water lmao

Things like this make me want to get a PC just to fuck around with them but I fear I'd end up frying my PC playing these for hours.

Looks like it's floating mid-air.

So buy one that can actually handle running them or shut your fuckin' faggot ass cocksucka you little mothafuckin' cunt.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 97K)

Was about to post this

What is it with graphics mods and puddles?

Post the full screenshot with Parker hanging a black man.

The suit looks really nice in-game, but it's a bit much to make Pete call Miles' dad 'one of the good ones' when it's equipped?

Yea I think I was able to tell from those venta black tires...

Step aside, plebs.
youtube.com/watch?v=6xlUyS5_yAU

Gta 4 needs a fucking supercomputer

Attached: comfy79.jpg (3840x2160, 3.91M)

A super computer wouldn't be able to run GTA IV you retard, it needs to be completely recoded. You get better performance out of an 8 year old PC than an 8 day old one with this pile of shit.

Attached: image.jpg (698x680, 251K)

The port is so shit that putting the graphics higher increases performance. I am not joking

Attached: comfy130.jpg (2160x3840, 2.93M)

My PC with a 650 ran it beautifully but anyone I know with an actually good PC can't run it for shit.
Poor PC fucking died on me though.

Your IQ must be about 95. How sad.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 541K)

>Get dips below 60fps maxed out
>Drop the settings down a bit and it drops to the 40s with stutters
>Put the settings back to max
>FPS lowers to mid 30s with even more stutters
>Restarting the game doesnt fix it

Attached: 1568153509428.png (333x344, 198K)

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190627214759.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

It also represents the 8 FPS you get running 4 with the modset.

holy shit fucking based

Fallout 4

Attached: Fallout4 2018-06-11 22-28-16-83.png (2560x1080, 3.57M)

>Graphics have stagnated in the last few years.
No shit brainlet, graphics get better with new console gens, get used to it.

I have noticed that the game runs noticeably worse if i alt-tab once. Though so much weird stuff happens it might just be illusion at this point

try to keep up

At least the GTA V mods have clouds

Attached: 38C1A608-1E3D-42B9-95EA-993A81E2F727.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

Looks like total shit. Especially the vehicles which don't seem like they are even in the image originally, just photoshopped in. Also these higher quality textures just look like blurry and watery garbage. Maybe it doesn't look like that on a 4k monitor but it looks worse than what we already have on my 1080p monitor.

Please post something from a video game that you think looks good

woah..

Attached: GTAIV 7_6_2019 1_30_25 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

I'm not claiming I have better, but I refuse to buckle to some washed blurry textures as "good" graphics. Getting complacent is the first step in accepting shit quality for video games.

It looks really dull. Like real life.

you're retarded gtfo

Attached: skyrim.jpg (1440x810, 533K)

Attached: skyrim4.jpg (1920x1080, 3.21M)

Attached: skyrim2.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

That's not going to help very much, if at all. Disabling parts of the rendering pipeline is only helpful up to a point. You're going to end up with an insane amount of pop-in, assuming you don't crash immediately on startup because you don't have enough RAM.

>we'll potentially be seeing the new age of ram feet at the TGS

Attached: 1554022237597.gif (560x560, 265K)

Which I should note:
Is going to get you a shit ton of bad press, a shitload of negative reviews on steam because brainlet baby gamers throw hissy fits over the smallest of things.
Still going to be a financial failure.

Too bad they couldn't give any depth to the buildings to make it less obvious the interiors are painted on.

wtf why nobody told me we got a remake of NFS Underground 2

But there are though

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x720, 2.77M)

Most Wanted 2012 looks better than this

That's just messing with a couple of in-engine settings with how lighting works. :^)

Throw an ENB in the mix and....
youtube.com/watch?v=O012WnQSv24

This is not a photograph...it is a painting.

Attached: 1550523445957.jpg (973x1200, 246K)

Seems to be working fine.

modlist?

This legitimately looks terrible though.

bullshit

>it is a video game
sure it is. it has no ray tracing.

This fucked me up until my artist eyes noticed that the lower half of the pie is larger in width than the upper half of the pie. Looks like despite making realistic textures, any artist can still fuck up proportion (and that gives me confidence)

couldn't a real pie be made disproportionately?

Obviously, moron. It looks like shit. kys, loser

Modlist?

Seconded. Please return user!

Attached: 1568042247156.png (412x382, 314K)