The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Bout to play this shit since I hear so much praise for it. Should I play the whole trilogy or nah? Also, Cold Steel a good follow up?

Attached: a8d756078a63faff65d0964da16d38a98600dd5def90cc1daa9e4daa208721be_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.j (450x254, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/
nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Save Cold Steel for last since it tops everything

So I should play the whole Sky's trilogy though? Sounds like 1 and 2 are good. Can't get a concrete answer on 3

The third game isn't critical to understanding the future arcs. You play the third game if you ABSOLUTELY LOVE the first two. It's more dungeon-crawly and lets you use lots of characters that were previously unplayable. A lot of the story stuff is self-contained to what happens in the third game or is slice of life story bits.

if you like the first one continue on with the trilogy, duh

Play the first game and see how you feel. It's enjoyable and comfy. Cold steel is... different. It's like the series changed halfway from a good fantasy adventure anime with an interesting world into a bland harem anime with a less interesting world and with less than half the amount of fan service you would expect from a harem anime.

Cold steel made me realize how large the normalfag weeaboo audience is. Just look at the steam reviews, so many people suck its dick despite it being pandering garbage.

People usually praise the games for the worldbuilding. Go and talk to every NPC after every story development.
If that already doesn't sound like your thing, don't bother. But if you do this and like it, there's more in SC.
3rd is a dungeon crawler but it fleshes out the characters even more through exposition dumps.

>Also, Cold Steel a good follow up?
quite the opposite desu

>it's a harem anime
>but it's also not a harem anime
What do retards mean by this? They put a game in a wrong genre and then say it's not a good game of that genre.

If you don't have the vocabulary to criticize a game properly then don't.

be honest do the npcs have anything worthwhile to say

Play Sky and Crossbell. Only play Cold Steel if you're a masochist.

Look into what you're getting into, it's a dialogue (mostly optional) heavy RPG. If you like that then good.

It's an alright game, if you think worldbuilding and dialogue is a gay you can safely skip it as it is the main point.
Cold steel is a run off the mill jrpg desu, 1 is ok, 2 is a bit long and 3 is supposed to be good.
If you're expecting Sophocles tier writing no, remember it's just a video game.

Attached: bros before hoes.png (718x154, 140K)

That's exactly it, though. The game changed its genre to try and be something different, then didn't do that well.

Like, imagine if they'd tried to be a first-person shooter instead, only they made a shitty doom clone. Change of genre, done poorly.

It's about their daily lives. Your neighbours in the real world also have those, but you might not be terribly interested in them, I guess.
There's also a guy you meet who's a bit shy about asking some girl out but decides to do it. You'll see how it plays out across multiple games.
Even though these were mostly trivial things, I liked to see these NPCs' little stories evolve.

I didn't say it wasn't a harem anime you fucking dunce, I said it was a harem anime without the constant fanservice. How brain damaged do you have to be to not understand that?

Not outright bad, but one of the most boring games I've ever played.
The walls of dialogue in this game are insufferable and tiresome, not to mention useless because most of it sure as hell isn't interesting or integral to the "worldbuilding" this series is so beloved for.
Gameplay is basic and really boring too. Without turbo mode it would be unplayable, seriously.
The story is a load of nothing and the characters are boring archetypes played completely straight.

I feel it can be best described as "really shitty Suikoden" with a hint of Grandia maybe.

Rean...

It's a harem anime but it tries to hide the fact that it isn't.

>Hurrrr Harem
>Why can't I play as muh Tom boy slut again like Sky's?

Fuck off fag. No one wanted to play as a dumb girl lol

Kill yourself braindead haremfag.

>Also, Cold Steel a good follow up?
Haha...

haha...

Cope more cucked Skyfag.

Don't forget to play Zero and Ao before cold steel, they're the best the series has to offer. Also give 3rd a chance all the way through, it's the shortest of the Sky games but it takes most of the game to actually be worthwhile. Also DO ALL OF THE DOORS

Artstyle is ass, couldn't get into it

>No one wanted to play as a dumb girl lol
THIS

>Start game, looking forward to playing
>Introduced characters
>Girls is mc
>Shut off game and delete

Nah, I'm just not going to play 3 when it gets translated. Cold steel is just a pandering self-insert anime with more steps.

>people like this are the ones who dick ride cold steel
I'm shocked

Cold Steel has the most legendary MC out of any video game, play that spectacle of a trainwreck for that reason alone.

The games aren't for everyone, if you aren't into it after finishing SC then there's no need to force yourself to go on because SC is a pretty good representation of what to expect with the rest of the series. Also don't listen to people that bitch about the first game being "boring"

That's him for you alright haha

Fun fairly generic JRPGs.

>the third game isn't critical to understanding the future arcs
>phantasmal blaze

Attached: 1568136322378.png (225x225, 39K)

>Lechter
>Osbourne's introduction
>Renne's backstory
>Phantasmal Blaze, all of the Anguis's personality and getting to hear the Grandmaster speak which very strongly hints that the society as a whole isn't nearly as evil as le salt man
>Epstein foundation
Sure you can say that all of this isn't "essential", but god damn if it isn't a ton of backstory that enhances the player's understanding of the world as a whole.

If cold steel was an A for Adults game and you could fuck the girls too it would be the best JRPG of all time. Prove me wrong

cvmbrain

*ruins everything

Haha... that's our coomer for you...

Will my Cold Steel bros be picking up 3 when it drops and is it really better than 1&2?

I'm only picking it up to see based daddy Rean again haha

>is it really better than 1&2?
According to the Japs. But ya never know with them

Play the series in order. The games get progressively better until Cold Steel where everything goes to shit though 3 still manages to be a good game

Do it for Musse

Attached: 1539265835225.png (301x479, 304K)

I'm gonna COOOM

3 is better than 1 2 and 4 combined but still not as good as Ao

Reminder that hating on cold steel is a meme and it's no worse than sky

Keep sucking Rean's dick, Senfag, choke on it.

TRAILS SUX

Too bad 4 undoes everything good about 3. Same case with 2 undoing everything tolerable about 1, really.

Writing and characters are just the same as sky though. Both just anime archetypes. Does have more harem shit, but so would sky if Estelle wasn't the mc. Every chick in the game wants joshua's dick

Musse is a fucking garbage character even compared to Towa, and that's saying something.

My fucking God, there's no consistency with this series I see.
>Some say 2 is better than 1
>Some say 3 is better than them all
>Then some 3>1>2>4

What the goddamn fuck. What about 5?

This

Attached: 1543030149446.png (1324x534, 112K)

We don't talk about 5.

so you fall for it too user, played this series from FC to CS4 after some praised as the GREATEST JRPG SERIES EVER in a circle of hope and disappointment and i never stop regretting it, the setting and world had a lot of potential but all of it is squander, only waste your time with this sries if you have nothing better to play or/and absolutely loves generic shonen animes.

Why?

3> > >4=1> > >2 is the truth people don't want to admit
We barely know shit about 5 at this point, even if it can be called "5"

>This spelling and grammar

YIKERS, haters don't seem very smart.

Calvard user where?

Sky might be the slowest game i've ever played, i'm 10 hours in and in the second chapter and most of those 10 hours has been completely mindless filler conversations. Basically "the weather is nice today" level writing for hours.

Because it isn't out yet. Also out of respect to Calvardanon who should've killed himself by now.

I just want more Oliver, Kevin and Alan.

I hope I can romance her soon.

Attached: 1566596549095.jpg (1338x1338, 1.03M)

>NTRshit
Welp, that's a dropped series for me. Thanks anyways, anons. I guess.

>this chest is empty
How did you feel?

Rean's wife game is quite boring and cringy. Estelle is kinda embarrasing.

Good job op, I did the same, it started very slow but once I got to the third city I was so hooked up that I couldn't stop. Now I'm supossed to be halfway in the final dungeon.
I was told that nightmare was pretty hard but I didn't have any problems with it until I had to fight Lorence in the castle, that battle was bullshit and got my ass kicked 10 times before I gave up.

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (1277x722, 1.18M)

There's 30 more hours of that, have fun, user!
Make sure to talk to all the NPCs too, so you can really immerse yourself and feel the world build itself around you.

>"My husband's gone to get groceries. He'll probably be back soon."
>next Act
>Their husband is actually back
Wow, incredible. Only in Trails, baby.

Attached: 1452680533170.jpg (919x656, 327K)

>nightmare lorence
I don't blame you. It's possible, but you have to clock up ex, earth wall spam and have s-breaks saved up so you can burst him down with a decent chance.

Haha...

>YIKERS
i'm SO sorry fanboy, besides i don't hate the series just find it very disappointing( 3 setting up things nicely just to 4 ruin it) and the pay off is not worth the hundreds of hours you have to spend on it.

Holy shit

>so hooked up that I couldn't stop
I'm excited for you user, you'll probably really enjoy SC.

I've only played the first. It's pretty generic but still had a nice charm to it. It was nice to see how connected the world was through traveling NPCs in the towns you visit and their relations throughout the rest of the world. Music was pretty nice and the character interactions felt genuine. The combat was nice in the sense that you don't really need to grind and can just rely on basic strategies in the same way you could in Chrono Trigger, although the hard difficulty was a tad bit too easy while I hear Nightmare can be bullshit. I'd buy the second game on sale for sure.

It had a cute tomboy to boot.

Attached: ritsu.gif (480x480, 956K)

The universal agreement is that 3 is the best. 1 and 2 are both mediocre and interchangeable while 4s still waiting for a localization but definitely isnt as good as 3

Second game is $15 on GOG right now. Thinking about biting.

There's a fight at the very beginning and another at the very end of SC that are supposed to be absolutely brutal at higher difficulties, so be ready for that.

>here's a series full of politial intrigues and keikakus, secret societies, manipulative Church with its own super soldier squad and shit load of factions
>actually never mind, a big chunk of current events was caused by an emotion-manipulating alien
Cold Steel trashed the whole series

Attached: 1537415506200.jpg (400x381, 36K)

What happened in 4th game?

Attached: 1537982834260.jpg (2750x960, 501K)

Trails in sky first and second chapter. Third chapter doesn't add anything plotwise.
Then do all the Cold Steel game

>Third chapter doesn't add anything plotwise.
You will eat your words when you hit Zero/Ao

If you read his post properly, he doesn't mentions those games either. So he most likely skipped them.

Yeah but those aren't on PC so they are irrelevant

>those aren't on PC
Based retard

Some shit Chinese version doesn't count

Jesus fucking christ, is this faggot now permanent blanco ojos rojos?

Idiot

Attached: 1542617423436.jpg (783x1000, 148K)

I must have dreamed up that whole part where I, who can only speak English, played both games on my personal computer and fully understood what was going on at all times with the level of translation available. Funny, I don't usually remember my dreams that well.

He loses his ogre powers at the end

Attached: 1561435310589.jpg (539x526, 77K)

In my last attempt I was battling for an hour, I couldn't outdamage his double inmunity + heal, plus he's fast as fuck, even with clock up ex he was insta casting all his bullshit. If I had 4 party members at the time things could go different.

I always appreciate good music that can set the tone in a game. The story is not that great but is comfy with good music.

Spotted the Estellefag

Not him but I'm an Estellefag and like CS(3 and 4). What gives?

Attached: 1560345983494.png (600x750, 720K)

I didn't know you were into cuckoldry, but I should've figured.

Take your Rean obsession and go.

Attached: 1565559070927.png (831x1200, 1.14M)

Does she really go through life altering experiences in sky just to suck another dudes dick steel?

Go where? With Joshua so we can use his infiltration skills to sneak into Rean's place at night and undergo a voyeur operation of Rean doing Estelle doggy-style like the Liberlian bitch she is?

She doesn't show even a slightest bit of romantic interest towards anyone other than Joshua. It's all memes.

Attached: 1556150554419.jpg (818x1132, 639K)

Whatever you do, don't listen to the autistic Estellefags who've been spamming the board from day 1.

>but those aren't on PC
nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/
nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/

Attached: 1451078282393.jpg (352x395, 45K)

No matter how much people may shit on any of the games in the series, even Cold Steel, I think everyone would agree that the music is consistently amazing. This series would be nothing without Falcom Sound Team JDK

Rean...

Falcom music is super overrated and nothing special honestly. Ys music is good enough, but even the worst FF soundtrack is more dynamic and interesting than any Ys or Trails game's music. Trails' music just sucks.

Your opinion is a bad one

Cope