What do you guya think of the Breath of Fire Series?

What do you guya think of the Breath of Fire Series?
Playig the first games on the snes switch port, never really finished the game only ever played the first two quest, the only one ive finished is 2 and i played a bit of 3.

Attached: CV49CGWWcAEbeLH.png (372x680, 598K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY
youtube.com/watch?v=pPNR4D9VJEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dragon quarter killed the entire series
it was such a huge departure from the first four games
the third was the best, although a lot of people prefer the fourth, the fourth game was really ugly

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

I don't care what you niggers say, BoF 3 is shit because every attack misses once you reach the Tower and get Momo.

First one on SNES is super slow. Play the GBA port. The music is weaker, but it's a big QoL jump
4 was ported to PC in Europe and Japan. Not sure if 3 was. I know that russian Yea Forums (Dva-ch?) liked 4. Might have a translation patch or something. I dunno.

Never played the fourth, ive actually rarely seen footage or screen shots of the game, want to play it after i finish 1 and 3, i have seen the 5th game and yeah it looks very different, i think only thing that make it
realted to BOF is Ryu and Nina and the name
I have gotten far enough to get Momo and i dont remember my accuracy dropping
I can handle the slowness, i think they changed the difficulty a bit in the snes switch port but i could be wrong

>i think they changed the difficulty a bit in the snes switch port but i could be wrong
They did not, lad. I can verify this personally.

I think he might mean momo has shit ACC% which she does. I think one of the enemy skills you can learn raises ACC to 100% for a turn though.

playing through the first game on switch, and I gotta say, it's really refreshing to finally play an RPG without any extraneous bullshit like stupid fucking minigames that I don't care about and is just straight up explorin', fightin', and saving the world. Nice and straightforward.

anyone else feel like the movement in BoF4 is SUPER laggy? Like, press in a direction to move, and it takes Ryu a sec to go, oh wait, i need to be moving right now.
Also the camera being fixed at an isometric perspective is aaaaaaaaaaaaaawful, especially in towns with high walls n shit.

>he doesn't hunt and fish
Dumbass

Ah, well im dumb then, maybe i just did better and met less bulla early on
There's a slight mini game where you can run into some animals in the over world and shot them for loot, its not necessary to do it's just their to get some extra cash from the drops
BOF 2 also has them but they are a bit different than the first game where you have to chase down the animal, in 2 its a grass tile and you can enter it, sometimes their wont be anything there tho and as says you can also fish but its not necessary to do, you can get some good loot
Never experienced alot of misses when i played it, well when i get back to 3 I'll see if its true

It's not fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY

3>5>4>2>1

Because you get good loot, lad.

"Rod5 has the special property that it allows Ryu to fish in wells and the duck-pond in Spring. This yields very valuable items:
DragonSD: West of Romero
Slab: Northwest of Tantar (the slab hints at the location of the Cleansing Water Spring)
DragonHT: South of Arad
DragonAR: duck-pond in Spring
DragonSH: East of Gramor"

Also, fish has good properties.
Srdine - (Common) Recovers 50 HP.
Snapr - (Less Common) Restores 400 HP and removes Poison, Curse, and Zombie
Sole - (Uncommon) Recovers 100 HP.
Trout - (Uncommon) Cures poison & recovers 150 HP.
C.Fsh - (Rare) Restores all status ailments except for 'Stun' Recovers 200 HP.
Tuna - (Very Rare) Restores all status ailments except for 'Stun'. Fully recovers HP.
P.Fsh - (Scande Only) Removes Curse and inflicts Poison.
Mackrl - Removes Poison
Puffer - Removes Curse and inflicts Poison. (but also sells for 5000 gold)

Wild game is also good.
Antler- Removes Poison
W.Ant- Recovers 100AP to one person.
Meat- Restores 70 HP to all allies.
WMeat- Restores 150 HP to all allies.

Also, remember to refill the water jar after Romero.

>the old woman will let you keep the Water Jar, so if you want, go refill it. Why? Because the cleansing water restores all HP, AP, and ailments (including "Stun," when a character hits 0HP) for the entire party.

If Capcom would get their act together and try once again with Breath of Fire, would you prefer it to be action RPG or classic turn based?
Which one would be most ideal for a remaster / remake to test the waters?
Here's hoping the Switch release makes some noise.

Attached: __nina_breath_of_fire_ii_and_etc_drawn_by_kitou_en__1bdb65f0999d50742c065acbd097c418.png (511x754, 281K)

Id like a bof 2 remake to hear the great music and see the characters in HD, but if they ever do remake the BOF games they'll probably start with 1

Well, the first FF remake that wasn't a straight copy with better graphics and bug fixes was FF3j, so who knows? (Sure, FF4DS altered the original even moreso, but came after.)
2 and 3 are definitely the favorites of many though, so I don't doubt either one would be first.
IF CAPCOM EVEN CARES ABOUT THEIR OTHER IPS OUTSIDE OF SF5 COSTUMES AND A SHITTY CARD GAME

That was the reason I never used Momo, her accuracy stays garbage throughout the game.
I usually ended up with Rei, Ryu, and Nina as my team in that formation that has everybody piggyback off Rei's speed stat.

Capcom only need to make Street Fighter and Monster Hunter, and from the looks of it right now Megaman but that will he short lived

BoF2 is still my favorite game ever. every character is great. the 'bad' ending is the best, very sad and powerful. I like BoF 3 and 4 too but they're not as powerful and they lack freedom and a big sense of travel and adventure (they have multiethnic towns and that is bad)

Bof 2 is also my favorite, felt really cool going through the game and seeing everything unfold and how each character has their own story in a way, really like all the characters and the music is great, they sprites are very fun and expressive

yep. BoF3 has the best sprites though, it could be nice to have a remake of BoF2 in BoF3's style.

a nice orchestral version of BoF2's OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=pPNR4D9VJEA

I liked go on youtube and listen to the BoF 2 remastered tracks people make, wish there was more, especially God Of Decadence, i like that track alot
Bof 3 sprite do look good, bof 2 would look really nice if given a remake

I like 2 cause you can romance the catgirl

Ryu can't romance anybody you self-insert dweeb.

Ryu doesnt even need to try, every creature want his dragon slong, even evil harpies.

That's part of what really killed BoF IV for me, it's more of a minigame collection than an RPG. I tried playing it again recently and I literally was locked out of finishing because of a crane minigame where you have to align the hook with some crate sprites. The controls and depth perception are bad, but I was able to overcome that. What I wasn't able to overcome was that no matter where I lowered the crane, the hitboxes never connected and I was never able to pick up a single crate. I tried it 3 times and the game gives you 3 minutes per attempt. Literally 9 fucking minutes of raising and lowering over the same small sprite and it didn't ever connect. And the game expects you to pick up the crate 10 times. Probably a bug.

What is artemis cap? Seriously, I equipped it to Momo and never looked back. Her steady damage output, combined with being able to shoot elemental shots without spending MP more than repays you for the lack of accuracy. She's also the best support considering you'll be wanting to use Ryu's MP for acension. the game is highly viable with any party though.
IMO IV has some of the best looking 2d sprites and 3d models of the whole 5th gen. People should thrive to do low poly + 2d like IV did
Turn-based. BoF lends itself better to a slower pacing than the required for an ARPG.
I really dislike III's minigame where you have to pull a rope at the same (unsteady) pace the porter does in steel beach. Minigames need to be fun by themselves (like the fishing one), and they should even be:
1. Optional if the mechanics of it are completely unrelated to core gameplay.
2. Completely based on core gameplay with maybe a small twist if you're going to make them mandatory for progression.

You can basically pick between Nina and the catgirl

I always use momo and always give her shadowwalk. Her damage is fucking scary and no one benefits more than her.

I just want a Dragon Quarter remaster. That game is short and its few problems would be pretty easy to fix. Given that and a nice graphical update so it doesn't look like shit, it'd be one of the greatest games ever made.

>Not equipping Artemis cap for Momo.

3>2>1>4>5
4 was weird in the way it was presented, and five was absolute trash.

If you're going to play them, play 1, 2, and 3 in order then stop at 3. Personally, 2 is my favorite, but a lot of people think 3 is the best.

I used to prefer the setting in BoF 3 when I was much younger, but now that I'm older and played many more RPG, I appreciate the Asia (Not Japan) setting in BoF4 much more.

>five was absolute trash.
It's the best game in the series you pleblord

Best minigame comin' through

Attached: top alpha.jpg (118x193, 3K)

Great setting, really boring actual games. It was really nice going to all the kingdoms, seeing all the various peoples and how they lived. However, the combat in the game itself was terribly boring and the stories got pretty generic. They did have a huge amount of stuff to do if you were just looking at grinding content, but overall I got kind of bored with the game series.

Again, this is why you play Dragon Quarter. It's the only game in which the gameplay isn't just a chore you do in between looking at wacky locations

>played BoFII back when it came out in 95
>was actually shocked at the plot twists the game took as shit like a corrupt church was an actual new thing in localized vidya back then
>NPCs actually brutally murder your friends while torturing them
>last boss seemingly outright kills your entire party just to rub it in how pathetic and weak you are
>last boss's lower body is entirely made of penis monsters

BoF2 was a fucking trip considering Nintendo usually had that type of content watered down or censored.

Attached: 1556053825609.png (512x448, 35K)

Why do they keep porting the SNES versions instead of the GBA versions?

the first game is fun until they start making you re-do dungeons just to pad time

Because the GBA versions are just the SNES versions with exp table tweaks and the resolution/color palette modified. They couldn't even bother to change the translation disaster BoF2 had.

Exactly. Just the same game with less grinding. Why do they keep porting the version that wastes your time more?

To waste your time more

Attached: 1534273379663.jpg (989x944, 177K)

I take solace in the fact the Katt autist didn't show up to derail a BoF thread for once.

Fangamer put out some shirts n stickers for bof2 and I'm like nigga I can't drop 50 ballers rn

Music is better

Of all the SNES JRPGs to get on Switch, how in the world did Breath of Fire make it in over

>Any FF game
>Chrono Trigger
>Tales of Phantasia
>Illusion of Gaia/Soul Blazer/Terranigma
>Mana series

BoF is a fairly well known series, but I'd hardly call it bigger than any of the above

The Kat poster operates outside of /trash/ too?

Shh! Dont summon him!

Square faggotry
Square faggotry
No official English translation of SNES game
Square faggotry
Buy the collection, goyim

>I like 2 cause you can romance the catgirl
wut?

played the game to death when I was a kid, but I don't remember this part

I tried it on Switch and the walking was way too slow. Weird gripe, but it bugged me.

Bow/Kat/Nina is best party, prove me wrong.

Also post Nina morph.

There is a dialogue prompt or two during the resistance part where you can say that you're upset that Katt is with Tiga because you like her more or something to that effect, but it hardly goes anywhere

Rand > Bow for the rolling ability

Barubary was kino
The BoF2 opening, THE EYE, the whole intro, him not appearing till the end and then seeming like a very honourable Demon all of a sudden made him very memorable to me. Wish they expanded his background a little though.

Attached: BaruBary.gif (500x280, 659K)

Attached: 1555667613840.jpg (719x900, 723K)

>What do you guya think of the Breath of Fire Series?
Largely mediocre and nondescript JRPG series outside of 5 which is a pretty good game all in all and 4 which has a more unusual setting and art direction.
Garbage post through and through.

>she doesn't actually wear this skintight mini dress in the game

Wonder why they changed her design after the artwork was finalized.

Attached: 1544632753185.jpg (550x885, 68K)

Don't forget to trek back to Aqua (Agua? Been forever) after Karn joins. You can pick a few locks and get some armor and a boomerang that'll last you most of the game.