Monster Hunter Iceborne

How fares your huntan?
Still progressan through the story or are you already at the endgame grindan?

Attached: 1567901174753.png (556x962, 980K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UQXh790eHig
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kGXe31SPg3AjQ-nwYAL3KHEUzAPHxB1hNJvLVOdeXE/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=4p3Tm26902E
youtube.com/watch?v=9q3n_5xKPtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm still fucking waiting.

Attached: +_944730ad50347c4a7d8097e7c0a00607.png (453x326, 164K)

Closing in on endgame, or at least guiding lands
Been putting off the quest to murder fungus hazak so I can grind up some mixed sets and try out other weapons, rediscovered how much fun GS is with the new slinger cancel into true charge

For who are those flowers?

Post killscreens

Attached: boom.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

Attached: C0dwCi9VIAA25ef.jpg (1200x2000, 250K)

Rate the World/IB monster visual designs, or at least name your favorites.

For me:
>great tier
Tigrex, Nargacuga, Rathalos

>good tier
Anjanath, Barroth, Barioth, Diablos, Banbaro, Paolumu

>decent tier
Legiana, Pukei-Pukei, Tobi-Kadachi, Nergigante, Deviljho, Namielle, Kirin, Yian Garuga

>mediocre tier
Dodogama, Jyuratodus, TziTzi-Ya-Ku, Great Jagras, Kulu Ya-Ku, Kushala Daora, Velkhana, Uragaan, Beotodus, Great Girros, Odogaron, Bazelgeuse, Rajang

>bad tier
Zinogre, Brachydios, Radobaan, Vaal Hazak, Teostra

>shit tier
Glavenus, Xeno'Jiiva, Zorah Magdaros, Shara Ishvalda, every subspecies and variant

>Velk
>BEAM
>BEAM
>BEAM
>BEAM

>Blackviel
>BEAM
>BEAM
>BEAM
>BEAM

So are Capcom creativly defunct now?
Has it come down to monsters spamming 180 degree AoE cones now?

Why does the online feel so dead? I never get placed in full sessions, and SOS missions are really goddamned sparse.

Your felyne

I just beat the naked stone wyrm freak straight outta bloodborne. Watched the credits and am currently on the shitter. What am I in for now?

>tfw farming Shara Tenderplates
It's fucking rarer than fucking mantles at this point.

Attached: 1433700195795.jpg (349x344, 22K)

I fucking hope I don't need this item. The fight is pure agony

>Just beat Nashville's mascot after two carts and 35 minutes
That was fun

>and SOS missions are really goddamned sparse.
I've found this. Before when doing investigations I would throw up an SoS just for the fun of it, it would always fill up quickly. Now in Icebourne no one seems to join.

Attached: 1504723128475.png (1280x720, 597K)

>that new Yian Garuga attack where it dive bomb it's beak right into the fucking ground
Lad is even more batshit crazy than before

They gave him Legiana's tail slap too
Because two spammy poison attacks weren't enough

I would shoot up an SOS at the beginning of any mission because I thought I couldn't take on the monster but I ended up just capturing the thing and no one joining

Recommend me an early master rank LBG and HBG

I think everyone got burned out after the month full of events, even on pc it feels much more empty now

Anyone managed to beat Shara Ishvalda within 20mins?
What is your strategy?

Took me 30min with SA solo.

Attached: 1537260135788.jpg (742x587, 113K)

>Monsters' mate call are loud as fuck spooky shit that can be heard everywhere on the map
>Youknowwho's eyes always face the camera, not the hunter. They're also missing on the dead model on the ground for some reason
They didn't hide any more creepy shit in Iceborne, did they?

Are we just going to ignore the blatant colonialist message in the game?

Meh. Iceborne sucks on PS4. Switch port when? I can see an iceborne ultimate edition on Switch with some awesome exclusive DLC.

Now add Brute Tigrex there with his Akantor breath beam.

>switch port

keep dreaming poverty fag.

Attached: 1520362994176.gif (386x232, 2.72M)

>477467389
People will bite on this

CHOMP*

I'm convinced the loud as shit roars are some kind of audio mixing glitch. The music even cuts off right before they start usually.

Poverty? My Switch costs more than your black shitbox, sonyfag.

Capcom aren't dummies. Switch is the fastest growing console in the market. We'll get some pretty sweet stuff for the wait.

Just beat Fulgur anja. Only gripe so far other than obvious weapon design shit is that I've had to go back and fight that stupid mudfish in high rank way too often to get weapons I want

>Youknowwho's eyes always face the camera, not the hunter
what

Just repelled Velkhana for the first time. Going slow because of work and not touching the game in months has turned me into a retard and none of the weapons I like feel “right” anymore.
Might just because of getting used to min-maxed ungabunga HR hunts though.

What drives someone to think this shit is good combat when games like Iceborne exist at the same time?

Like, how? I don't even get it.

>lock-on sword man because no hitzones anyway
>press button for 20 iframes
>attack once or twice
>repeat

Shara Ishvalda

sharas eyes orientate to your camera rather than your hunter when he gets WOKE

Game flopped.

There is more to combat than what you see, autismo

Rathnigger genocide when?
I wouldn’t shed a single tear if a single rath never appears again.

just fought shrieking legiania. holy fuck those cunts were annoying. I forgot dung pods so the normal one would not fucking go away

A lot of bosses in the Souls series do actually have a weakpoint or two. But overall its not the same kind of game with the same focus and trying to compare them like this is silly.

>So are Capcom creativly defunct now?
We know this since World is out. Why do you say "now"?

All the new monsters in World were utter garbage. And then they even reuined some returning monsters.

My investigations and optionals still fill up quickly on PS4.

Look who's come crawling back to Nintendo
>Waaahh my DLC flopped :(
TOO BAD. Back to the shitheap you go. Or... get ported to switch and survive. Your choice, stubbon sonygeeks.

>great tier
Xeno, Shara, Namielle, Monkey, Vaal Hazak, Leshen and A. Leshen, Kulve Taroth

>good tier
Anjanath + subspecies, Tigrex + sub, Pickle + sub, Bazeldude + sub, Yian Garuda, Kirin, Kushala Daora, Diablos + sub, Barioth, King Gajalaka

>decent tier
Tobi-Kadachi + sub, Nergigante, Kirin, Teostra, Lunastra, Behemoth, Odogaron sub, Zinogre, Rathalos + subs, Rathian + subs, Legiana + sub, Barnos, Mernos, all the herbivores except Mosswine, Gajau

>mediocre tier
Beotodus, Kulu Ya-Ku, TziTzi-Ya-Ku, Ruiner Nerg, Odogaron, Barroth, Noios, Raphinos

>bad tier
Radobaan, Dodogama, Uragaan,Great Girros, Velkhana, Jyuratodos, Lavasioth, Glavenus+ sub, Vespoid, Hornetaur

>shit tier
Zorah Magdaros, Pukei-Pukei + sub, Great Jagras, Paolomu + sub, Mosswine

I think a lot of people are still soloing the story. That said the few SOS ive shot so far filled up right away.

When monster hunter world came out it was over 100k views during launch period. But now with iceborne during peak times it around only 20k

What went so wrong?

PChad here, we're gonna make it user

Attached: 1560270377845.png (280x280, 116K)

You can still clearly say that MH has a more complex. more varied, more balanced combat. Just thinking of archery in From Software games makes me throw up. Or the completely retarded button layout.

>What went so wrong?
No switch release killed Monster Hunter World.

Because soulborne isn’t mostly about fighting the boss. Boss fighting is only 30% of the game or so while it’s like 90% in MH game. Bosses in soulborne also has its own quirks that differentiate it from MH bosses

wahoo

rusted kushala teaser

>GS with the new slinger cancel into true charge

pc here, I wasn't following any updates, but now I need to know more
are we talkin
>charge > quick flash > charge
?

>What went so wrong?
world appealed to a casual western audience that beat xeno and though ''wow haha, i am done, great game!''
did you really think they were gonna shill another 40 bucks to play G rank? think user think

So far, fuck the raths as usual and fuck nightshade paolomu, this thing is cancer

>Help a guy beat barioth in an investigation cause I need some materials
>picking up unknown tracks
>Suddenly Savage Deviljho out of fucking nowhere, first time seeing it
>mfw

Attached: Gekishin.png (840x1200, 561K)

You were given a tool that lets you grapple onto flying monsters at any time and deal tons of damage, use it

Not him but yes. Charge, slinger, true charge. It's pretty nice.

This and the shitty PS4 and Xbone ports.
Should have stuck with ninty.

Hopefully the area Velkhana got repelled at gets used again, loved using that ballista-on-rails

Iceborne will have more viewers in January when it comes out on PC.

Forgot to add Nargacuga to shit tier.

>runs in
>beats the fucking christ out of your target monster
>runs away
what a bro

Attached: file.png (640x640, 350K)

So long as you have any ammo in your slinger, you can do a first charge>smash the slinger button to fire a burst of whatever ammo you have>go right into a TCS
Faster than shoulder tackle canceling and great for short openings

The vast majority of people who bought world finished it with buds, and then quit. More than fucking likely those same buds are right now like "Why go back to monster hunter when BORDERLANDS 3 is coming out dawg?"

>DS 30%
more like MH 90%
I would argue either 100%, or 10% boss and 90% stupidly running around town and chasing after monsters

Fun Fact: The sound Khezu makes is actually just a recording of the first person to fight Khezu

>etting used to min-maxed ungabunga HR hunts though
This is totally it for me. Drachen + Mantles + Health Augment has actively made me worse at the game than I was before and I've actually found some MR stuff to be pretty hard.

Shit bait, pls kill self.

Radobaan doesnt belong on the same tier as Uragaan honestly. It doesnt spam its chin slam anywhere near as often (and the tremor doesnt last as long even when it does) and the ability to break its parts super easily at least gives you a form of unga bunga entertainment which is more than Ura provides.

PC player here, am I understanding correctly that you can level up your HR weapons but lose the augments in the process, meaning you don't have Health Regen in MR until you can Augment again toward the endgame?

I love it. hopefully there are some new good looking GS too

From what I've read, the meta GS Uses the Bone model. I'm sorry user.

>when you're playing hammer and two LongShitters join your hunt

Attached: aqua screaming.png (500x281, 146K)

there are a *few*, most for the BONED treatment while shit ones like tigrex's got their models ported over. Bit shit really. At least they hit hard.

of course a difficult 40 dollar expansion is going to be less popular than the base game

why is this surprising people?

I think that visually they are ugly in the same way.
But yeh, radobaan looks much better than uragaan, I'll give you that.

should have invested into that Flinch Free gem
it is pretty much mandatory if you want to play Hammer online

>tfw the meta GS on GU was kino

Attached: MHGU-Great_Sword_Render_050.png (300x300, 78K)

Attached: urproblemm8.png (410x726, 114K)

ok
legitimately

how do I fight kushala as melee

there's a fucking tornado on the screen constantly that staggers me

that looks like everything except a fucking great sword.

>Longsword friend constantly tripped me through world.
>Decides to switch to Hammer
>Can't fucking take it when other Longsword guys show up to hunt
>I laugh the whole quest
Eat shit you fuck.

Done Niggerveil Vaal.
Next is neon boy right?
Need some fucking food so gonna take a break.

>finally started using hammer again after not touching it since FU
>the satisfaction from caving in a monster’s face
This is some advanced gruganomics going on.

>Not equipping a flinch free jewel in MP
Only have yourself to blame

Attached: 1563065340684.jpg (564x806, 174K)

Because you fags unironically need to slow the fuck down

You're on Yea Forums so it's hard to understand but most people don't fucking rush to endgame. They're still on the first handful of monsters.

just set the quest to solo you nigger

>spam flashpods
>lvl 5 wind negation

yes

No friends so kinda still slow playing on MR 2. Probably won't really play at all even if I have plenty of time

Yes. I dropped my HR SnS for the first ore upgrade since it was actually pretty good but I also wanted to go without health aug.

>Still progressan through the story or are you already at the endgame grindan?
My three friends that I play with are all normies with families and shit so we're not even halfway through and won't be for a while.

Attached: sad anime girl_6.gif (500x495, 367K)

>Play CB
>Iceborne Meta CB gets a unique model and it's cool as shit

I'm pleased. Can't wait for January. Never got a Kjarr so I'm ready to drop Diablos.

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-113636.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

So how is crit draw GS in Iceborne? I like new GS but I miss the classic gameplay style. That being said, I don't want to completely gimp myself.

HI MY NAME IS DUAL BLADE AND ILL BE THE HUNTER TRIPING YOU UP TONIGHT WHILE YOU TRY TO WALK AROUND.

This but unironically. Not everyone is sitting down for 10+ hours at a time and frankly that's a good thing People are normies. They have lives.

Attached: 1568045893719m.jpg (1024x576, 93K)

>equip GS
>headlock spam

Can someone give me the rundown on insect glaive? What attacks/skills should I be using? Which kinsect is best?

Is MR harder than progressing through the base game's story and endgame?

How do the late game fights compare to ATs in the base game?

An user asked for the LS meta stats last thread, here
youtu.be/UQXh790eHig

Half true. I'm not blasting my way through and I can fill up any quest after SoS easy and theres plenty of them to join too. But I do get stuck in gathering halls with ONE other person and they aren't even in there and that fucking sucks.

PCfag here, anyone here have a good idea on how the elemental changes panned out? I wanted to try out elemental longswords.

WHATS THE BEST DB NOW THAT PHYSICAL IS NERFED

NONE OF THAT KJARR SHIT PLEASE

Tornado slash as much as possible, use whatever kinsect has the highest speed + blast, unless you want to use something else the monster is weak to like para. The new kinsect charge is okay and the spear dive is fun but actually not that great unless you can pierce a thick weakspot and it's a little wonky to aim.

>it's a "bow user uses nothing but dragon piercer" episode

Attached: 1517870369477.png (400x800, 389K)

Dive is good because it's a fast way to drop and marks the monster for your bug
Really nice to be able to vault in to close distance and get your bug autoattack started in one movement

(u)

Get a kinsect with great speed, blast dust is usually best. Make sure to only attack with red and white essence up, preferably all 3. Air attacks are fun and useful in many situations but please remember that the DPS on your ground combos is much higher.

You're no worse than the weebs, grug

Attached: 20190909_182648.png (830x736, 1.06M)

I don't get Savage Axe mode.
Why make yet another combo piece you need to do for yet another buff you need to keep up if you want to do damage while yet again the normal axe moves have absolutely no purpose in the moveset?

In my mind CB should take a little longer to build up phials so getting the most value out of them is an actual goal. Saed would use up the shield again. And axe moves do competitive damage.

>you can still meme around in sword mode and go for AEDs
>you can actually do the morphing play-style it should have because you can use the properties (reach and angles) of axe moves right away
>even in 4U saed had it's uses and special cases where spamming it was the best

Attached: 1556059772672.jpg (2048x2048, 498K)

Remember to do your infinite combo when the monster is held in place, if it moves you forward too far you can heavy attack backwards to reposition while keeping up damage. Aerials are great for keeping up dmg while moving to a more optimal location and getting that first mount.

Attached: Je Suis Monte.jpg (275x183, 8K)

It's definitely fun but I'm not sure if it's worth using more than once at the start of the fight. Also the new power charge kinda gets cucked because you'll be using your kinsect to animation cancel most of the time so you don't really get to use a ton of dust but it's still fine to just let the bug pump out 10+ dust clouds and blow them all up in one go. Also blunt bugs seem to be able to KO much easier now. I just don't think it's going to blow away the meta or anything.

Why would you even go physical in the first place with DB. It was never good with physical.

>here's your quest, bro

Attached: 1542060132564.png (1582x448, 1.64M)

Are you in MR or on PC?

Yeah nah Im okay.

Got invaded by Savage jho for the first time. Jesus fucking Christ what the hell was that thing

Prized pelt, what use

Where did all the bow players go in IB? I remember is being 2nd only to LS but now I barely see any.

hungry

MR

Viper Tobi LS upgraded with Acidic glavenus mats or Acidic glavenus LS?
Which one is better?

I have literally never been loaded into a lobby with more than two other players, and not once have any of them been at the Gathering Hall. Not even just SOSs are lacking. There just seems to be no one here.

Bow got nerfed lul

>you still can't start main quests together even though everyone agreed that preventing players from doing so was a fucking horrible idea

Does Capcom know how many people - at least in the West - play with their SO?

Attached: confused anime girl_5.png (473x675, 361K)

>it's a "bow user joins the SOS call when you are 3 grugbros with no flinchfree slotted" episode

Attached: 17862001_1330643093681183_3320460558636972929_n.jpg (550x414, 14K)

Sorry man I'm not sure. I know you said no Kjarr but I know a few people playing DB who've continued to use them simply due to innate crit element.

I haven't even started yet, I tried to do the Witcher quest last week after not playing for months and I got wrecked. I'm just reading chinese web novels to distract myself from how shit I've gotten at MH.

Hopefully they get the message by MH6
But all the interviews had the dumbasses asking about skipping cutscenes not doing them together so who knows

t. bowfag

Bowfags are meta slaves who dropped it for Switch Axe the second they saw the patch notes

Yeah, I know two guys at work that will play it eventually on PC, but don't give a shit at all when Borderlands 3 is coming out.

It’s great, especially with how fast te monsters are
Being able to slam our quick hits, or do a charge into slinger into true charge is some grand damage with crit draw

>People actually complain about getting tripped and flinched in 4-melee hunts
Look I'm trying to stay in my own zone here but the fact of the matter if the monster isn't that big and we all need to hit the same parts. Sometimes you trip others, and sometimes you're the one doing the tripping. Live with it and get a brace gem.

figures it'd be an elderthon. Call me when rajang gets in

How many of you have either changed one of your main weapons for IB, or picked up a new one you didn't like before?

>that new garuga theme
the difference between world and icebornes tracks is like night and day jesus

Attached: 1547258441094.gif (480x467, 1.47M)

Fuck no, hammer all day every day.

Face it, anons, Hammer is the true man's weapon
>Short range and no defensive options, have to actually use skill and proper positioning to be effective
>does good damage while also getting multiple KO's in a fight, giving teammates the opportunity to lay in
>can launch other teammates for mounts on-demand
>excellent sliding move

Attached: 1554369534308.jpg (1280x718, 113K)

What the absolute fuck were they thinking with shrieking legiana? Holy shit that fight is the exact opposite of fun.

>be Swaxefag
>hate playing the meta thing
>want to drop my weaponfu now because everyone will think I'm a metaslave shitter
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The difference between World and Iceborne is night and day

Crit Draw with Element is a hell of a lot more feesable now. TCS unga will still be king, but not by nearly as much.

It's mostly hammerfags or think they have the monopoly on hitting the head.

If anyone gets near my head I put them in line by sending them to space.

Hammer is for the metagrug, HH is for the chad with a big dong.

its basically the velkana set that's pushing this right?

Based! Hunting Horn is the true Chad weapon.

Somethings wrong dudes I’m seeing almost almost zero sos flairs. Really worried about the games sales.

That really makes it excel, but I'm finding even just running Crit Draw while using the proper weakness lets me deal good damage too. Which is great, because it lets me use more fucking weapons for a change other then a single unga stick forever. (I still miss my Cera Cymmetry though goddamn it.)

GORE MAGALA WHEN

That and increased aggression from MR monsters making TCS fishing more difficult

How did they buff Swaxe? Long time fan of the weapon

its been dead for a long while

That shit drives me fucking crazy. If you're going to fuse the guild and village quests go all in with it dammit, let me play all the quests with my friends and populate the village with other players instead of just a shitton of over NPC hunters.

How hard is it to let players all just start the same story quest and play it together? Are they afraid that people will rightfully not give a shit and just talk over the cutscenes?

I unironically believe IB would sell better if it was a separate game that you could port your save to

Faster 2nd finisher to Wild Swings that increases your flinch power for a few minutes. Big damage boosts to uppercut and downwards chop.

When do I unlock that second ??? bounty that's listed at the resource center? Its the last one I need for a King Sphere.

It's pretty fucking good when used with CC ZSD spam plus

They did it for the Behemoth cutscene so its clearly possible and they just chose not to do it.

Jesus fucking christ i used to steamroll this moron in G rank on previous monster hunters, but they've changed it so much.
>Literally 0 down time unless exhausted
>Idiotic range leap+turn around charge+ massive forward AoE.
>Can't punish boulder throws because he instantly checks if you try to do so, unsafe to hit after check.
>Rotten Vale corridors just help him way too much.
How do i git gud against nu tigrex guys? I've nad no problem with Barioth, Narga and Glavenus but this guy literally has no down time and carts me in no time.

Attached: MHWI-Tigrex_Render_001.png (2000x1165, 2.55M)

Yeah, this too. Especially with the nerfs to levels 1 and 2 of TCS. Going for draw attacks and charges makes up most of my attack strat, going for TCS whenever I knock them on their ass. Shit's pretty damn fun. Wish jumping attacks weren't so nerfed. A simple draw slash outpreforms them most of the time for fuck's sake.

Great now if they buff sword and shield again I’ll be set. GIVE ME BACK MY OILS!

everyones waiting for pc

Did he do the flip?

About to fight Shara with my shitty rapid fire narga lbg. Is it normal for hunts to take 25+ mins or some shit? Even with all my stuff upgraded as much as possible it is absolutely awful how long these hunts are taking.

Any footage of LS with quick sheathe and crit/punish draw? How fast/powerful can you make those new attacks?

Playing with your palico in the hot baths is actually super fucking cute. They really outdid themselves with the gathering hub. I wasn't super in love with Seliana like most people were but the gathering hub is truly a big improvement and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks during seasonal events.

>Get a sliding/expert jewel
>On top of WE I have 100 affinity after a slide
hahaha YES

>no defensive options
mobile charging and being able to roll out of most attacks and sheathe quickly are defensive options in themselves. hammer is a super mobile weapon because of this

Are gunlances good now? I saw the vid of Vel getting killed within 5 minutes. How are the Long type GLs now?

They ruined Glavenus' theme, there is no impact to it now

But they do deserve the monopoly on hitting the head: rangefags gets 2 weakspots on every monster, cutting weapons should sit on the tail which is a weakspot on 60% of the monsters. While HH and hammer chads are lucky to get 1 weakspot on the head and to top it off they can only stack stun and exhaust damage by hitting it constantly.
So don't be lazy and silly and leave the grugchads on the fucking head while you fuck off and dps somewhere else.

Break his claws retard so he charges less and if he does theres a chance he'll stagger himself.

>Gather Velkhana prints to investigate in expeditions
>What ever not like it will appear
>It appears next to great jagras
>HUNTING TIME BABY
>"Velkhana is about the leave the area"
>mfw
The 5-6 minutes i fighted it it was fun.

Attached: 1539952749908.png (438x230, 98K)

You Hammerfags are the worst, you are grugs, you refuse to gem in Flinch Free and you only pull one KO per MP hunt while wanting to hog the head weakspot all to your yourselves. You useless fucks

Supposedly Tri's composer is working at Capcom again

s e e t h i n g

I gem in flinch free and spend the entire hunt upswinging faggots that attack the head.

>$350 > $300?
Imagine coping this hard, and I own all current gen consoles along with a high end PC

Yeah I've noticed that I'm doing a bit more damage doing the old hit and run because I'm not missing TCS and getting hipchecked left and right.

>cb iceborne gameplay video
>fill phials, red shield, charge sword, saed, repeat
Once a retard weapon always a retard weapon.

>CC ZSD
?

how do I not suck dick at GS?

Just know that if you join my quest, I will go for the head for maximum damage and if I trip the fuck out of you, that's on you. I'll stop going for the head when you can pull consistent KOs

Seriously i dont know why anyone on here tries to flex; most of us have all 3 and a PC right?

Again why hammers are such trash tier weapon users when the HBG can pull off KO's and keep out of range allowing melee to work their magic

Clutch Claw Zero Sum Discharge

Im ok with this. Sometimes I'll even go to the head on purpose with my gs just to get launched as the monster gets up because it's a free aerial triple charge that won't get fucked by the monster standing

No oils is certainly a bummer but I like the IB SnS changes. Perfect Rush hits hard and is pretty stylish and while I don't see any benefit to using the rolling clutch claw over the normal one, it's still fun. I'm interested in seeing how elemental SnS works out with the new uncapped elements.

>HBG spams clusters and stickies

HBG makes it so meleecucks can't even get near the monster.

Hit and run draw attacks. Knock the monster down, and TCS combo. Once you learn the monster, sneak in charges when you know you have openings. Always sheath after attacking. Remember you do have a BLOCK. It eats sharpness, but that's better then eating health.

If that's the case then why cry like a bitch that MHW won't release on the Switch? Just go play it on your plethora of other consoles/PC, or go play MHGen.

based, hammergrugs and GS grugs are always friends

Tbh every time I considered getting a PS4 all the games I wanted on it got PC ports so I've given up.

NOOOOOOO STOP HITTING THE HEAD EVEN THOUGH IT'S YOUR ONE JOB I WANNA HIT IT TOO NOOOO FUUUUCCCKKKKCSFJVJSFBIDRHH

>S

Anjanath, Beotodus, Banbaro, Legiana, Odogaron, Zinogre, Nargacuga, Barioth, Fulgur Anjanath, Ebony Odogaron

>A

Tigrex, Brachydios, Brute Tigrex, Rathalos/Rathian, Kushala Daora, Tobi-Kadachi, Vaal Hazak, Diablos, Yian Garuga, Namielle

>B

Uragaan, Lavasioth/Jyuratodus, Pukei-Pukei/Coral Pukei, Jagras, Girros, Radobaan, Teostra/Lunastra, Kirin, Bazelgeuse, Deviljho, Glavenus, Viper Tobi, Xeno'Jiiva, Black Diablos, Barroth, Tzitzi Ya-Ku

>C

Azure Rathalos, Pink Rathian, Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian, Acidic Glavenus, Nergigante, Dodogama, Kulu Ya-Ku

>D

Zorah Magdaros, Nightshade Paolumu

>E

Paolumu, Shara Ishvalda, Rajang

Why the fuck didnt they make cutscenes skippable? I dont give a fuck about the story, I just wanna hunt some god damn monsters.

They worked hard on them. Please understand.

My power went out while I was doing guiding lands with other people. It still isn't back and I've been doing nothing since

? I don't know who's crying? I don't want MHW to be on the switch; I like when all my systems have exclusives, it justifies my purchases....

Now you will understandu

You hammernigs can't even Score more than one KO per hunt. Be grateful you're not kicked ob sight, gem Flinch Free

It's not a flex. any normie could have all consoles and a good pc by now.

I just don't understand why people with 1 console and a toaster come here and project their insecurities.

Attached: wat.png (1009x909, 1.24M)

Japs don't like you skipping their work, that's why you can't skip credits in like 80% of all jap games

>Bad HBG users using their "RNG" cannon use clusters
There you go

It's widely accepted nowadays that Souls fags are autistic children.

>a weapon that has a mind's eye combo that deals guaranteed stun damage on the head which is consistently weak to blunt damage doesn't deserve the spot on the head

If you cannot contribute stun without tripping me, you can fuck right off. Good players can respect hammer's spot and stack damage on the head without tripping anyone up.

I've played all of them and holy goddamn it's like a new monster
Ran off into a cave to drop agro and he just sat there waiting for me

Also Velkhana is a solid B tier, would have been A or even s if they kept the Griffin design

Oh yeah, you sure are contributing to the hunt, not KO'ing shit ever. No one expects decent DPS from hammergrugs, at least have the decency to gem in Flinch Free

Maybe the one switch poor fag asking for MHW release on the Switch????

Just maybe..

>to play the story quests in order with friends, you have to start a quest solo, watch the cutscene, quit out, wait for THEM to watch the cutscene, THEN join their quest and sprint to join the fight as fast as possible

What the fuck? This game is built from the ground-up for coop, how are they STILL fucking this up a year later?

Attached: file.png (626x354, 323K)

Why do you sound so upset?

then stop playing with shitter randos if you're gonna bitch and moan so much

Tempered Kushala is the worst thing I have ever fought. Whoever designed this monster should be fucking fired. Fuck. Holy fucking shit. This is awful.

>he can't get more than 1 stun in the hunt

Sounds like you're just shit and projecting that onto others.

Why does everyone hate this lovely fella?
He looks fucking dope and way better than shit like Nerg, Velk, Teo and Luna.

Attached: 1568133504072.png (487x472, 292K)

Ironic to see a hammergrug complaining about bitching when you still ate bitching months later when you could spend obe slot to not flinch

Let me adjust my audio output on this text based response real quick then.

Stay mad, I'm a swaxe chad

Attached: 1568028736502.jpg (684x690, 113K)

they are autistic
I don't know why they don't just force everyone to watch the cutscene when someone triggers it and then put everyone behind the person who started the quest when its over
It doesn't even have to have the other 3 in the cutscene

>They're still on the first handful of monsters.
This. The quest I've seen the most is for Nightshade Paolumu.

All weapon types are good in their own way

Attached: 1563586651797.jpg (1600x1080, 182K)

It's absolutely baffling. I cannot even begin to think of a reason as to WHY it would be that way, especially when the behemoth hunt allowed you to queue up and view the cutscene together. It's easily the most frustrating aspect of the game when trying to progress with friends.

>fighting MR Doggy
>Savage JHo shows up, grabs doggy and chases me half way through the map before carting me by throwing him at me
Well. Very well fuccbois

Attached: 1565811805902.jpg (406x405, 117K)

they literally objectively do though

Too bad this does not apply to the players.

Whats up with people saying IB is empty? I get pages and pages from SOS velk alone. Banbare gets 7 entries from time to time. As for gathering hall, let me remind you that PC still gets 60k concurrent players and their halls are empty as fuck. /mhg/ helps with populating gathering halls so its nice to join their rooms. Too bad about their discussion

Am I falling for bait again?

You guys do know that the charge on the hammer gives you level 1 flinch free right?

Yes

Maybe if they xould KO in multiplayer worth a damn. As it stands it's not worth losing the DPS of hitting the head because a hammer caveman thinks his one KO is valuable

That's what i'm trying, guess i'll use both of my traps to break one of its claws then because this asshole is all over the place non stop.

anyone who upgraded from HDD to SSD on iceborne? Post loadtimes comparison niggas

Only when you begin a charged combo. When you're trying to reach the monster's head you get flinched out of the charged state and have to try again.

Yeah I dont get it either, atleast from PS4 lobbies

Honestly just wait until sales figures are up next week, then we will see how it performed

That and the never ending tutorial+intro and unskippable cutscenes even if i already saw them made me drop 2 saves.

Only during R attacks, which is only useful when approaching the head not for staying on it.

level 4 decos
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kGXe31SPg3AjQ-nwYAL3KHEUzAPHxB1hNJvLVOdeXE/edit#gid=0
Also, the japanese players found some way to snipe. On the other hand, capcom already said something was off with the melder as well as that unavailable glav item and both are queued up to be patched.

So wait what’s the best way to play swaxe now?

Wait really? I must have some good ass luck because I don't think I've been flinched yet by players in mp since Iceborne came out.

Intimidated by his sheer uglyness

I don't have any motivation to grind decos anymore since I'll just abandon the PS4 for the PC version once it's out and edit them all in

his eyes make him look retarded

I did, even on a base PS4 it really helps. Not going to post times though, you'll have to take my word on it.

Get your heavy axe buff ASAP
Roll around and up/down chop the shit out of the monster
Sword mode for longer openings and use clutch claw into ZSD as much as you can with your sword awakened

Impact phials and permaflinch the monster with overhead and slinger-burst fade slash.

Wait which CB is that, looks sliiick.

So whats the current way to farm decos?

I want to say its the acidic glavenus one but not so sure.

Acidic Glavenus

would you be able to explain why do you think it's ugly?
Yeah some shots make him look retarded af

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Offensive Guard/Handicraft Jewel also exists but I didn't see it in the list

Do MR returning ED's get new introduction cutscenes?

My lance main friend got that deco from the first beo hunt

It's right there in the third column.

The textures on this thing look fucked. They look like they're low res and the patterns of color make it look like the model is glitching and being stretched.

I like both series but does MH fans really have much room to call Souls fans autistic?

Kot

Attached: C7FSPrSU4AE7uQc.jpg (512x976, 85K)

Someone please tell me there's a way to get the SummerTickets to craft the diver belt layered armor

Yes

I haven't been able to bring myself to play it yet
I really fucking burned myself out on the base game. I literally had everything there was to get, a full set of jewels and charms, every single weapon.

I think I ruined Monster Hunter for myself.

>thermae layered armor has bare feet
WE DID IT BROS

GU has a lot of soul that world lacks

Ive already killed 7 Legianas and onlu got 1 frost sac, what the fuck is this bullshit?

Attached: d2c.jpg (1280x1556, 452K)

Stop wanting it so badly

good joke

is there a list with the new layereds?

So is there a GS that deals less damage but looks better?
At least on PC this will get fixed through mods until wyvern impact gets its master rank.

the only ones we know about are the hot springs layered and Direwolf ones so far

daily el gatito gaming meow meow meow meow

Attached: 1550631872546.jpg (567x653, 57K)

Yeah, I've got the comprehensive list here:

Consoles: Direwolf
PC: Literally everything

Man they must have so little health.

el gatito gaming meow meow meow meow

Attached: kit.jpg (640x866, 107K)

the game segments players to deal with the massive server load. when you query for an sos, it's only like 1% of the total hunts.

i need a hunting bro on ps4, anyone interested ill give you my psn

???? show me the soul in world, show me all the 3 comfiest villages with the comfiest themes, show me the kot lolis, show me the hunters pub, show me bherna
show me faggot

Attached: 1565632404326.png (716x639, 478K)

Not him but Bherna is unironically more soulless than Ass-tera

Seliana is comfier than anything original to GU.

>Offensive Guard + Constitution
>Offensive Guard + Evade Window
>Offensive Guard + Handicraft
Why is my dick so hard

just dont rush at him since he literally never stop attacking

>Me and a bro been duo hunting
>Hittin every optional before moving on
>Almost up to barioth
>Dont want to part with serious handler

Fuckin capcom. Probably gonna make dlc to switch handlers

youtube.com/watch?v=4p3Tm26902E
comfiest dheme ever
colorful
meanwhile MHW: asstera with dull as fuck ''realistic'' colors and washed up graphics.
fuck outta here worldscum

Welcome to MH RNG

I don't understand

Not a real MH game

List of problems with MHXX/GU

>Hunter arts and styles
-Completely changed the classic way of playing MH by introducing MMO-like mechanics like hunter arts, and change the way of gameplay instead of improving it by adding styles
-most arts are completely broken. From an evasion that shields you from all forms of damage and that sharpens your weapons instantly, to stagger-inducing attacks that makes clutch claw look like a mild tool
-adept style makes "lol dont get hit" into a fucking reality. Everything can be avoided with minimal skill and almost no repercussions. High risk high reward gameplay is thrown out of the window, but this is nothing compared to Valor
-Valor style annihilated any form of challenge. Sheathing gives you an aura that negates any hit and auto-dodges for you while filling up a gauge. When the gauge is filled, your weapon's full potential is unlocked, and in some weapons it completely turns them OP beyond measure. here are a few examples (LS gets a guardpoint that parries 99% of attacks and can even earn you a free stagger. Oh and remember that spirit gauge that you need to level up to 3? lol forget about it, its instantly charged. HBG turns from a slow but damage-dealing ranged weapon into LBG but 4 times the power. You get a siege mode that lets you rapid-fire faster than LBG, can run while holding the weapon, and the risk of getting hit is out of the window cause Valor dodge lmao)
-The game isn't balanced around guild style which is the original MH gameplay style because nobody used it back in Gen so devs added Valor in GU. Every single lobby has hunters using Valor. The skillful playstyle is gone in favor of MMO visuals and satisfaction of being OP
-some weapons don't even utilize certain styles to a good degree because the devs had no idea what balance means.
-metafagging was dialed to 400% because of the additions mentioned above.

The color is one of the main contributing reasons as to why it's so fucking shit. Who the fuck wants neon-green grass? literally every single 3rd gen town shits on it in every aspect.

Will all you autistic dipshits please kill yourselves already

>all these ''problems'' yet w*rld's weapon design is even worse
pathetic

Why you guys gotta reply to listfag all the time?

>Quests
-The LR is a great contender for being the worst early game in the MH series, rivaling MH1 and Dos the first two LR ranks is NOTHING but gathering and low-tier monsters that takes 2 minutes to hunt. You fight your first actual monster in an urgent quest that unlocks *3 quests but gathering quests are still prominent until *4. This is all if you're doing key quests cause its gonna get worse if you want to unlock shit
-tons of village requests is nothing but gathering and low-tier monsters. The good requests that gets you pitted against actual monsters are locked until half-way through the game. Outside of requests, you still need to do more and more of these tedious quests if you want to unlock Hayabusa feather, which requires you to do ALL the quests from LR. Good luck staying awake while doing that cause if you did nothing but key quests, then you got 30 missions of NOTHING BUT GATHERING AND HUNTING SMALL MONSTERS
-the bloat is real. If you're a completionfag, GU will give you a heart attack. It has over 1000 quests compared to 200-300 from the previous titles. People say INFINITE CONTENT but this is not the good kind of content. half of it are trash like gathering, small monsters, and low-tier monsters. This amount of quests is not a good thing and leaves you tired instead of fulfilled like in the previous games. Very few people were able to 100% this due to the tedium.
-The entire deviant system is nonsensical. 90% of the deviants have to be hunted 15 times in order to unlock their EX counterpart compared to the other 10% which is just 5 times. This is another good example of needless quest bloat and it gets even more tedious if you only solo.
-the quests in GU is weird. Some top-tier monsters (in terms of fight) can be fought much earlier than needed like Astalos but trash monsters like Seregios is available to fight much later. Throws off balance and sense of difficulty escalation

BING BING WAHOO

>keep forgetting to restock my items because I've gotten so used to blitzing everything to death in 5 minutes and letting the augment deal with any chip damage

Attached: 1454224129675.jpg (198x228, 36K)

Time to sell all the Kulve weapons I managed to get, they are useless now.

Attached: 124094140.png (518x336, 148K)

>criticize GU
>autist derails the thread
Ebin

The thing is not even a village. It's just grass and a house. Could be cool as a farm village but the execution is terrible.

comfiest village coming through

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x576, 174K)

>-The LR is a great contender for being the worst early game in the MH series, rivaling MH1 and Dos the first two LR ranks is NOTHING but gathering and low-tier monsters that takes 2 minutes to hunt. You fight your first actual monster in an urgent quest that unlocks *3 quests but gathering quests are still prominent until *4. This is all if you're doing key quests cause its gonna get worse if you want to unlock shit
it was like this in every iteration pre world, why are you lying? i know you only played w*rld but GU's early ranks are not even that bad unless you're counting non key villager requests.
you're a stupid faggot

From before Iceborne, but it's my best killscreen.

Attached: Killing Blow Screenshot 2019-04-25 12-07-03.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Read it again, it mentions it

>Monsters
-Too many endgame monsters are fast and twitchy, which limits certain playstyle or sets. For example, GS users can't deal with Boltreaver or Silverwind Narga unless they play nothing but Crit Draw sets. If you don't use that, then good luck hitting anything unless someone brings status LBG (and they will if you're in a competent lobby)
-Deviants are a hit and miss. Some are improved like Boltreaver, some are downgraded like Deadeye garuga, and some did just nothing to make it a difficult fight like Elderfrost Gammoth
-Despite having the biggest roster in the series outside of MMOs, the endgame consists of nothing but farming specific deviants and the usual silver sol. In other words, only a handful. Only reason to farm multiple monsters is if you're gonna transmog the sets
-Botched Lagiacrus into a boring thunder leviathan. Dishes out predictable AoEs and flops around. The uniqueness of Lagi is gone
-Difficulty of monsters in previous games are rendered piss easy in GU due to the gameplay changes

Not a completed list, but this is all from a GU player with over 1200 hours

this faggot gets it. nothing beats Yukumo.

then why the fuck even point it out? if you wanna unlock shit, grind you fucking casual.

>unless you're counting non key villager requests
>literally 95% of the quests
>you need to read up online which quests to skip because the game is a flood of completely pointless shit

Moga says hi

Whoops excuse me wrong image

Attached: MogaVillage.jpg (1600x900, 183K)

>Iceborne has no soul
How can someone have such bad taste
I can understand with vanilla World, but Iceborne?

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

I'm deathly fucking afraid of the Ocean irl so I could never find Moga comfy, deep ocean water does shit to my mind, very nice music though, and one of my favorite guild halls is Tanzia.

>>you need to read up online which quests to skip because the game is a flood of completely pointless shit
yeah it was like this in every other MH and you just had to grin and bear it. key quests and urgents are like, the most prominent thing in pre world MH's its not exclusive to GU either
i love how you worldsperms keep outing yourselves, its cute

Attached: 1560540237663.gif (502x400, 2.49M)

When the bings are around always keep that list handy. Puts them in their place.

>the IG has a fucking Dragoon dive now
I FUCKING LOVE IT SO MUCH IT'S LIKE IT'S ALWAYS NEEDED IT

Thread’s sent, hold on

I know, i already had to farm Brachydios for 5 fucking months before getting a single pallium in 3U, but i didn't think it would be THIS BAD from the very start

Tobi is a good boy

Attached: 1568129437363.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Someone add the missing shitter weapons

Attached: Weapon Flowchart.png (563x532, 208K)

Attached: 567835682.gif (320x400, 3.63M)

Viper is actually cute for some reason.

Way better than original. Original was too boring of a design and fight. Which was par for the course for any new Vanilla MHW monster not named Nerg really.

Just picked it up again, going with double blades; water and thunder. HR9, what gear should I get? Also why are the worlds so empty

So have all the scrubs stopped playing LS now with the foreskin nerf?

>viper is actually one of the best subs in the game
>it can be be seen in one map
Why
Even sleep rat gets at least two maps

I like GU over world, but bherna sucks dick. Seliana is soul overload and the best town since Pokke. Yukumo and Loc Lac are up there too.

Whats with randoms timing out on teo of all monsters?

Attached: CxJptLbUkAEVEoi.jpg (1100x1400, 126K)

Still waiting for the PC release of Iceborne. The only thing left to do at this point after playing the festivals for hours every day they were availble is to get crowns of the elders and Black diablos. I'm not sure if it's worth doing now or if I should just wait until Iceborne to do everything then.

I really like what I've been playing regardless of difficulty but does anyone feel like it's not too hard? I just finished Tigrex and Brachydios with two friends and I swear I remember Brachy being harder. Tempered Tobi has given us the most trouble so far

Then again I'm used to the games and playing with two people. I also never went far in g rank in 4 or 3. Is this the norm?

Holy fuck tempered savage jho is fucked beyond imagination. Had to make a specific dragon res set just to stop dying

whats this about mr helping hr and lr players for a pendant in return?

I would agree. Viper and Pukei recolors are much better and more fun of fights.

>It's a "LS user keeps tripping you" episode

>fight rathalos 10 times
>break wings and capture every time
>get 1 Rath Wingtalon+
Just fucking kill me

Attached: 14.jpg (500x281, 31K)

Attached: zsd.jpg_large.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

Hmmmmmm

Attached: E28E87D8-052D-4F77-8FAB-1EE4ED008BC3.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

I can tell there is a huge difference in playing solo vs group.
This time, unlike vanilla, solo is actually the harder mode.

Also, remember that you're not even near max power levels.
Tigrex and Brachy are MR3. Then you have tempered versions of them, which are still mid threat level.
Then you have MR4 with subs and MR5 with Elders.
Then you unlock the Guiding Lands, where all monsters are more powerful, and you unlock shit like tempered Elders, the metal Raths, Savage Jho, Ruiner, Brute, etc
Like this guy is saying You do 10 SoS for people in LR and HR, you get an achievement and a pendant for your weapon.
My suggestion is just searching for LR assignments and do the Kastodon one. You enter, kill the LR Great Jagras with 4 hits and you're done.

Alright that sounds pretty exciting. Thanks for reminding me that I'm barely half way through. Tempered Tigrex and Brachy in general sounds fun

if you have skill, so to you they wont be

>Listfag has gone from shitting on Iceborne cause of literally everything to shitting on Iceborne because no Switch release.

Wonder how low he'll stoop next.

He got way better after he grew out of his Zinogre phase

Can someone recommend me a good blademaster set for post-shara?

Meh

This so fucking much, got poised by Rathalos only to realize I had no antidotes.

Do Tempered monsters really get new moves now? I did Tempered Banbaro and he seemed exactly the same

lategame armor upgrades

>helping hr player with nerg
>he stays at camp for the entire fight
>comes out just to carve the kill
lmao this was cute

>go from Attack Boost 1 to Attack Boost 5
>don't notice a damn thing
are attack jewels placebo?

Attached: 1456176297463.png (331x329, 113K)

>stays at camp for the entire fight

How can someone be so scared to lose?

Didnt make it. Its a preset for males side which is weird.

Anyway you cant change ur hunters name even with the voucher?

They never had new moves.

Yes, only affinity matters, and it the boost from atk decos got nerfed

>Tendies are that hard into being against snoyboys that they now brag about having a more expensive machine
The fucking mental gymnastics man

Attached: 1544436729645.gif (500x281, 561K)

Alright bro just give me 4 months

so critical eye > attack boost?

Give up cuck

>decide to try bow for the first time in IB
>use Tobi now against Viper Tobi
>use Pierce Pods for thousand dragons
>the damage
Jesus fucking Christ, and slinger ammo is practically infinite now

basically

So what does Shara Ishvalda's hammer look like?

did they cock up by not selling it as two standalone games / forcing players to complete MHW first / not making it clear its a DLC add-on?

>Still having console wars

Console wars will never end huh? You realize that you never want just one console to win and have a monopoly right?

>Want to make Raw GS, need MR Barroth mats
>Okay, this is master rank, so maybe I should feel this guy out first
>Shoot flair
>what follows is the biggest curb stomping of one monster I have ever seen in my life
I'm, I'm so sorry Barroth.

Why are you replying to them after everyone ignored them?

because I'm retarded

>So much seethe he can't even type properly
Go outside rangecuck and get some air

which monsters does this have? i cant open it

Talk to the hand

Mr200 quest?

>using flares on your first fight

Ain't shaming me for playing smart. Let some other goon take the hits while you learn.

also
>call for my mount which is a gastoden
>other player goes to nearby gastoden and attempts to mount it

So Charge Blade got nerfed? Is it mid range now? I think the new axe move and mode is pretty good

You get to palm bitches

>tempered teo + luna

I swear to god if they spawn together

We're all gonna make it

Attached: steaming.gif (435x500, 180K)

>user was posting about how it was the hand-hammer during the early release
>Said he'd post a picture of it after work
>Missed out on it and now still haven't seen it
FUCK I wanna see Ishvalda's weapons in HD

Attached: 1538086510106.png (1021x720, 1.03M)

You are playing with bad hammers
And you are bad for thinking the ~10 damage you are missing per swing on a tail weak spot to the head is enough to makeup the difference for your retarded ass standing on top of someone else so no one can hit the monster at all

Attached: 1567730900319.png (538x328, 203K)

>another investigate dragons through expedition
>but lol elder dragons dont count
>first dragon to appear was kushala
>after an eternity of get pushed away by winds he is finally near death
>goes to fly to roosting spot
>Kushala Daora has left the locale
>mfw i have no face

What is with katana and other sword fags? Just be careful of your retarded ass long sword. If I can do it with Charge Blade then you can too.

Someone post that old katana user parody image because it holds true to a few of these fags

Should've just captured him lol

>only recently started mhw on pc
>beat nergi in a few tries
>unlock kirin afterwards
>this stupid ass tiny horse triple carts me like 12 times
holy fuck

Attached: 20190909204915_1.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

>leaving out Kushala for the inevitable Rusted Kushala Daora dlc

Elemental resistance works.

Shame all of the rips of it have fucked audio

wear lightingproof stuff

Is it just me, or was the release of this game really under the radar? After months of hype, I only just realised it released last Friday.

this is you

Attached: Typical katana user.png (1390x1999, 712K)

bibiwa

That's what you get for not doing LR kirin.

stack up lightning res
you still lose like 80% HP if you get caught by his triple lightning strike but at least it won't oneshot you

i like the pub, lab and pub prep area best in GU. also having a jukebox helps. The villages are all very impersonal but in a way thats also good as its not distracting *shrugs*

>they have the monopoly on hitting the head
I DO

BACK THE FUCK OFF

WEAKNESS EXPLOIT + SLUGGER

MY HEAD
MINE

Git gud you fucking tard.

>ebony odogaron

Holy shit this doggo is mad

Attached: MHWI-Ebony_Odogaron_Render_001.png (2000x1445, 1.82M)

Just you

relax

>Tigrex DBs got Bone/Iron treatment.
>But they also look like massive dual-chainsaws.
I'm okay with this.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 5.11.05 PM.png (763x800, 416K)

>still no spoon and fork

shit game 0/10

Tempered Teostra, Kushala, Velkhana and normal Ruiner Nergigante

he's the worst monster in the game, don't worry about it.

the only fun elder dragons are teostra, nerg, and namielle

kirin and kushala can fuck off the edge of my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=9q3n_5xKPtQ
that middle part tho

Honestly this, i wanted to help him at first but reading that he failed 12 times means that he has only to git gud

I dunno, I feel like there's been barely any threads for it on Yea Forums. I assume it's because most are waiting on the PC release.

>tempered Teo+Luna instead of Namielle
But why

Attached: 1521105491366.png (307x462, 9K)

Thank god, someone finally uploaded a high quality version, i was tired of that weissgaming fag and his crispy audio rips

It depends. Post update, a single point in crit eye is 5% crit rate, while a point in attack is 3 raw. In a complete vacuum, those two are equal when a weapon has 240 true raw, iirc. After that point affinity becomes superior, and before then attack is. However, you can of course have other raw bonuses, powertalon and powercharm, attack boosting food, demondrugs, might seeds etc which will help you reach that threshold earlier. Also, critboost changes the equation as well. With 3 points of critboost, 1 point of affinity and 1 point of attack are equal at a mere 150 true raw, iirc.
The other caveat of course, is that affinity maxed out at 100% and critboost maxes out at 40%, while you can keep stacking raw "forever." But with g-rank weapons and their high base raw, you are extremely unlikely to be able to stack enough raw in the same amount of skill points to match what 100% affinity and 40% crit boost bring to the table.
Back in low rank and a good chunk of high rank though, atk does beat affinity pretty handily.

Namielle would be fun.
You can't have fun.

Attached: file.png (599x472, 520K)

And yet you stereotype all hammer players. Dumb hypocrite

I know most people didn't have trouble with him but he actually kicked my ass a few times. I've been so used to stomping HR monsters with meta gear, OP mantles and health augments but man I was surprised how much trouble he gave me. I think I burnt through all my herbal remedies in 10 mins or so and I don't know what they did with his poison but it was pretty strong vs. maybe being a minor annoyance before.

Attached: 1551985800195.gif (500x375, 985K)

Anyone know if the Velkhana set is good for GS? How does the set bonus work?

>no players online
>if they are online, can't see them
based retards

is it true that the tigrex CB got bone'd? even the brute tigrex one?

Attached: cb.png (1920x1080, 3.82M)

Probably the most improved returning theme so far

Coral Pukei Pukei is genuinely one of the best monsters in the series

Which GS has the most big dick raw damage?

Garuga was fucking neutered in iceborne. One thing is actually adding animations so it's no longer a janky 0 to 60 charger but it no longer stomps when it lands for wind pressure and damage. So you can just camp the legs all fight.

What a disservice to a monster that is supposed to be spastic and powerful.

If you check lobbies, they seem to be heaps of them with only one or two players. It doesn't matter too much now, but hopefully it'll be fixed when shit that uses the gathering hub comes round

A little over halfway done with the story I think. When do I get to fight the old elders again? I assume they got some new moves.

First, stop calling everything neutered. Second, look up vids of scarred garuga

Finally got it downloaded. About to go home and play it now

Wait for event

>stop calling everything neutered
Garuga IS neutered. Just like Diablos was.

bibiwa

Maybe it's just me, but he honestly seemed every bit as weak as regular pukei. Also, I have no idea where he's getting water in the arena fight.

Get fucked PC losers. You wont make it.

>Look up vids of Scarred Garuga
Him getting a new (and admittedly pretty damn good) variant doesn't really change the fact that the basic version has definitely been nerfed a lot.

Third, look up MR blos, fourth, stop talking about things out of your ass.

Hello shitposter-kun. Here's a pity (You) since you appear to be starving.

>post how garuga is missing some features that now allow you to always stay at it's legs now
>s-stop talking out your ass
You're a moron.

wat dat mean

>nerfed
You mean fixed, right? Having no wind up on attacks isn't a buff, its a bad and lazy design choice that never got corrected until now

Garuga is kinda nerfed, but MR Diablos is pretty much fixed.

How about you actually read and see that this isn't about animations.

abbreviation of 3 words

>fix shitty hitboxes
>neutered
Lmao

oh i get it
bing bing wahoo
lol this funni

>the entire expansion is literally just "hurr durr every move in MR causes status debuff and you have to weaken the monster in order for the hunt to drag out 4 minutes longer than it should because we made everything a dps sponge."
Also fuck what they did to GS. They literally did nothing but nerf raw damage skills just so they can justify using elemental swords that do subpar damage. They literally fucked the GS meta harder than it already was.

This expansion is nearing 4U levels of bad.

No one was talking about shitty hitboxes but you retard.

Yeah, I did read what you posted, anyways, if you love that iteration of Garuga you can fight it anytime you want, just boot up GU or XX and go fight it, this isn't GU or XX tho, this is Iceborne, another game, why can't you understand that? Just because it's the same monster that doesn't mean they have to make a 1:1 copy of how it was.

There's an extra bar that charges the longer you sheath, a full bar allows for 4 powered up hits. That set really puts the old crit draw set back since you'll probably do more damage to monsters doing hit n run tactics compared to baiting for a TCS. I'm currently running it and dealing with spore hazak was cakewalk last night.

>whine that elemental is completely useless
>nerf raw so they are both valid choices
>whine anyway

I ain't bitchmade

Attached: file.png (470x154, 20K)

>this thing was changed which made this monster far less threatening
>lol go play old games then
There's no point in talking to imbeciles like you that can't talk about the changes and/or problems now.
One thing is adding animation for the charges. Another is removing the punish for staying at the legs when it used to have windpressure and do damage if it landed on you.

The fuck is this

Get Crit Draw and maybe the Velkhana set you fucking baby

How about instead of nerfing the entire fucking class like 4U did you instead make status effects trigger easier with more powerful hits so that the elements actually fucking do something.

Or yes, just go the 4U route and need every class except CB and Longsword because "they were working too food"

>look up MR blos
Yeah, still a joke compared to FU and Tri Low Rank Diablos

They randomly nerfed some monsters while they buffed others again. Narga nerfed. Bari buffed for example

go play GU user, why are you so mad, we get it, you don't like iceborne, you made your opinion heard it's only that you are a nobody and no one cares about your opinion

Attached: 1440303249387.jpg (250x214, 13K)

You're just a retard that can't bear to see anyone saying anything negative about a monster in world. Morons like you are why list nigger gets free yous.

How am I supposed to get good in this game if I can't look at other people's gear builds so I can copy them?

>Complains about one singular monster
>'We get it, you don't like Iceborne'
???

>it'd be cool if new game in series made improvements where it counts but doesn't
>this is somehow the wrong line of thinking and braindead idiots just tell you to shut up and play old games

Kill yourself nintendie

Just ignore him. Basic case of sour grapes

>Gyspy plays dead
>wait for him to do his thing while I sharpen
>he wakes up
>hit him once
>repeat 2 more times
fucking sasuga

Just make your own set.
World made it easier than ever to make your own builds since you can preview skill sets

honestly this

I'm at the end of MR3 and monsters die in 13-15 minutes with GS

Based and solopilled

There's no shame in this. LS is objectively the highest skill ceiling in the game with extremely high dps.

>tfw bought IB for my base PS4 on release after double dipping the first time and spending over 300 hours on the PC version
>have played less than 10 hours because I can't stomach the fps for more than a quest or two at a time
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT HURTS CAPCOM COME ON HURRY UP

Copy from the youtubers like all the other retards with drachenshit meme build

>can't even preorder it yet
It's so gonna get fucking delayed

Attached: 123412345345.gif (480x270, 2.75M)

The best village
Aisha is still beat girl
Best ending cutscene too

Let's all hope it does. PC fags don't deserve it.

Yea that's the fucking problem.

The entire point of the GS class is to master your timing and the monsters movement to deal giant damage. However due to the new mechanics and sheer amount of HP these fucking monsters have you have to now play what is essentially a fucking minigame just to do max dps which is not what GS was about. It was about mastery of the game and not using gimmicks or extra shit to kill monsters.

>Slugger goes to level 5 in Iceborne
I dunno if it's worth giving up my current armor setup, but damn that is tempting

Attached: 1510251299687.jpg (1280x720, 624K)

Ahhh okay ni real argument. I like Iceborne by the way you stupid moron. Just tired of every game series I like being immune to criticism with each new entry. GU ain't perfect either.

Why is there so much shit hidden behind guiding lands? I just got there and I'm ready turned off by how to advance here. You see, monster hunter is a good grind game. The shit you need to do to progress your guiding lands? That's bad grind

bing

I think you're just shitty mate, I've seen GS get 5-8 clear times

Whole lot better than doing deviants 15 times

Fuck this thing. It's not Monster Hunter.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

The final fantasy crossover was a mistake

>people are so disingenious they'd rather shitpost out of spite than focus on things that would improve said series they like
Real tiring m8.

AHHHHHH ICEBORNE HAS SO MUCH FUCKING SOOOOOULLLLL

The final fantasy crossover was one of the only good things about base world.

bing

>Still progressan through the story
I would be if that faggot seething bazel hadn't run on me when he was close to death. This has happened to me twice now between him and shrieking fuckboi. Is this a new thing? Do monsters in fucking story missions just leave the fucking locale if you don't kill them fast enough for the game's liking? I don't recall that shit in world when it first dropped.

Holy freaking based

>when the Completed! mark is blue and not red

Attached: 1467988910889.png (600x568, 218K)

You ever get bored of proving other people right?

bing

capture special arena quests

It's like xeno and the horns all over again. Remember that shit? Enough gems to choke out a dalamadur but not a horn in sight.

have you captured one of everything?

Friend told me to try Lance and holy shit this is great. I'm in the monster's face like 90% of the time. What should I be crafting for endgame?

I know. My hunter notes show everything being caught at least once. This is MR2 optional quests.

Until he decides to dish out beatings to you too for being there maybe. Jho doesn't give a shit.

>The shitty music that was worse than astera's but you were stuck with it until you killed behemot
>The cringe "story"
>The white floating furball shit
>The font used in the related missions
>Behemot itself looks ugly as shit
>Drachen
I didn't like anything about that crossover

>game always asks you to confirm your decision with a yes/no box

thats fine, it just means your taste is super shitty

Will there be anything MH related at TGS?
I assumed they'd be announcing a DLC monster there, but since we already know about Rajang maybe they can show off gameplay? Or maybe just show off another DLC monster like Val or Gore

>but you were stuck with it until you killed behemot
So like an evening worth of effort with some friends?

Am I the only one who finds Seliana way more comfy than astera?

Rajang is playable at TGS

Functionally it's a lot better.

>Am I the only one who enjoys this thing everyone likes?!

Currently struggling against Velkhana
Apparently her ice breath bypasses my Lance and greatsword blocks.

>with some friends
LMAOOOOOOO

Val is most likely not in, we're probably gonna get a 4th gen rep if anything and info on MR KT

They're going to be at TGS yeah, probably just showing rajang and maybe if we're lucky a new monster

That is literally the majority opinion

Uhhh yes? It's still bad to force that on you without reason
Why?

I don't think quick sheathe affects the iai Slash stuff. It doesn't look any different to me with 3 levels in it compared to none

god i hate this shit

>Val is most likely not in
Shara Ishvalda uses Val's skeleton, he's pretty likely

Attached: 69418364_s.png (940x732, 550K)

>90% of deco drops aren't lvl4
Sasuga

he's not likely, when will you idiots learn that a skeleton being in means nothing. especially when the developers have said multiple times that glavenus is the only monster they're bringing over from x/xx, feeling that he represents both

Thanks for nothing nigger, die.

Yet they bothered to put a completely new skeleton into World just for Rajang

Nope. I despise the snow but holy shit is it cozy. Your room and the hub are beyond words. I ended up setting down five downy crakes in my room to enjoy birdsong when I go in for peak comfy

I was laughing at both of them you sperg

That my fucking point you daft cunt, you saying that Shara and Val share a skeleton means fucking nothing if they're willing to bring in new skeletons. Learn how to read, retard.

>especially when the developers have said multiple times that glavenus is the only monster they're bringing over from x/xx
Where'd they say that? Are you keeping Ryozo in your ass?

Yeah cause Paratoads using frog animations totally meant Zamtrios was gonna be in Iceborne

>Go to the Master Weeaboo Glavenus story quest
>Actually doing great
>Getting confortable with wall slams, and general use of the Clutch Claw
>actually really fun
>Traps, mounts, etc
>even get Girros friends to help
>get overconfident and Clutch Claw Acid Glav during the spin attack
>cart
>cart again to some dumbshit because I'm distracted
>no biggie
>fighting it in an effluvium area
>all is going well, really wish Tigrex would Turf War it to shave 10% HP
>get hit by a strong attack
>very little HP
>try to flee to recover health
>some faggot ass Girros paralyzes me as I try to get away
>Sliced by what's left of Acid Glav tail

Yes I am mad, I am going to make a goddamn Girros holocaust, you hear me

Month old interviews user, search it up and you're bound to find them. It was people asking them if they plan on putting most of the flagships in the game or some shit.

They're probably were already making a new moneky skeleton for 6 then decided to put rajang in because he's a fan favorite

Is he actually a new skeleton though? He could just be a modified Behemoth/Nerg.

Dilate more

Attached: 65078307_451921288705529_3846582691801595904_n.png (640x634, 200K)

Oh so it's not just Xbone that has that going on

They're just legiana reskins

Valfalk isn't a new skeleton, he does have a bunch of unique animations but the base is just the Magala skeleton

My point is the topic of skeletons are irrelevant...

Attached: Typical LS user.png (1000x603, 139K)

>behe filtering shitters into earrape limbo
Based

max rank diablos hammer is still fucking boring looking...

Oh fuck off.

Take off your drachen already you carting shitter

Still preferable to bow shitters dropping steel balls on everyone because they can't be bothered to try aiming worth a damn. At this point I'm considering just endlessly shield bashing the fuck out of the cunts that do it to fuck with them when they keep spamming.

>savage jho turns your palico into a shitbull

Yea it's like they fucked up the matchmaking. It might be to do with everyone being all over the show MR wise. Might get fuller lobbies later

aww hes smiling
honestly looks great tho

I'm not the one dilating here

Attached: 1563153850368.png (228x246, 9K)

Does Scarred Garuga not have its own armor set?

FF collab brought in all the erp discord faggots to monhun so that's why I hate it

>Defends ff shit
>Not dilating
Lmao

unfortunately not

Who the fuck lied to me and said Nercscyla was fun? Fuck this fight, monster spent half of the hunt doing as much as possible to be nowhere fucking near me.

I get pretty high satisfaction from helping newbies with SOS flares past the 10 minute rewards mark.

Attached: 1497304196047.jpg (280x330, 19K)

the monster still cool, dilate more filtered

Attached: 300px-Kaiser_Behemoth.png (300x300, 152K)