See the red dots and the yellow dots?

See the red dots and the yellow dots?

Red dots meant the level had a secret in it, so you were encouraged to explore it to find it.

Attached: il_794xN.1432325325_th8e.jpg (794x789, 238K)

Yes. You wanna tell us what button makes Mario jump while you’re at it?

OK, but why were some dots larger than the others?

I was so happy when I found that out as a kid

I dont remember exactly why though, played this thing like....25 years ago

Press B.

Going back and playing older snes games, I've got to hand it to nintendo for putting out quality. Why did no one ever copy them? Like having a world with secrets that lead to secret locations? Maybe I was just playing the wrong games but I don't recall many games have secret levels. Many good games anyways.

Unsolved gaming mysteries

More than 2 exits.

I thought it meant the level was extra difficult.

I always thought the big dots just meant they were big levels

Okay OP, this is nuts because SMW was my favorite game as a kid. I played it daily for years.

And sometimes as an adult.

28 now, they dumped the game on the Switch and I played and decided I'll actually read the speaker blocks.

Got to the block that said that the red ones have multiple exits and my mind was BLOWN.

This was yesterday, I've never heard anyone mention it ever and now your thread. Crazy stuff man.

There is no reason for some dots being big. They don't have extra exits nor are they longer than other levels. General theory is probably that during development bug circles were going to be unique in some form but then that was scratched. For whatever reason they just never updated the map to remove the big levels.

haha wow i never knew this

>there are only 2 levels between castles 3 and 4
How did they get away with it

Attached: 1413808471370.jpg (399x444, 41K)

same here, im currently playing it on my switch.

Most of world 4 is optional, that's why.

World 4 has five levels, which is on par with the rest of the game. Compare to World 5 where you only need to clear 3 levels to get to the castle.

World 3 is where it's really obvious there are multiple routes through the game. If you take the side route there, it's around the same amount of levels to reach castle 4.

did some memetuber make a SMW video or whats with the SMW threads ?!

Forsen played it yesterday

I just saw a thread earlier saying that, how were kids supposed to know about the extra exits. I remembered and when I went to post it the thread had disappeared, so I made a new one

to break up the monotony

OH YEAH?! What about big yellow dot that is only one in a game and is found in the Vanilla Dome, huh? What does it do man, WHAT DOES IT DO!!!

only miyamoto knows

Reminder that this game along with several snes titles are playable with Switch Online membership

wtf, this board is full of zoomers that watch ecelebs now?

Couldn't you just emulate it?

I know right, for a board that hates them they sure do know plenty of them and follow them as well.

I have, but its nice to also have it on the switch.

Shut the fuck up

Couldn't you just play it on your Switch?

Im playing this on my 3ds. 1 stage away to finish

Yes if you're a poorfag

>game makes you choose between two levels right at the beginning
How the FUCK did they get away with this?

>paying online fees to play a 25 year old rom

Attached: georgelakitu1.jpg (707x530, 87K)

it was just released for "free" on the switch you asshat

No one is buying online just for SMW you braindead fucker lol.

>start a game
>go to level 2 immediately
MOMMAS GONNA FREAK!

Attached: 1502731810152.png (655x977, 111K)

I got stuck in the lost woods 2bh

Buying the same game three times is what a poor person does.

Wow I never realized how small this game is

You can't buy SMW on Switch, it's only part of the online subscription which I imagine people buy for new games like Smash/Splatoon.

Are you...dumb?

to be fair it's just half of the map, with Vanilla Dome, Lost Woods and Bowser's Valley being their own maps. Also Star Road is a secret world and the you have Special levels.

That's cool
Maybe I should play the game again...

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-10 143547.png (604x466, 55K)

I'm not dumb because because I don't give Nintendo money

Attached: 29rjbl.jpg (1329x1106, 125K)

based

Then emulate it, since money is obviously the deciding factor here

I used to think there was a bigger secret in this place, since it's pretty tricky to reach.

Attached: 2NdowaBs8UhSqbcm.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

>not dumb
>because because

They were bigger levels. As such, the timer was set to 400 or 500 mario-seconds for you to clear.

Attached: 1567414214516.png (480x480, 148K)

Didn't it tell you about it in the instruction manual? I don't remember how but everyone knows the red levels are the one with secret exits.

What's the secret in 6-2?

Holy shit

...Yes?

Reminds me of that long field of lava that you can fly over in castle 5.

>unlock secret path
>secret path is a circle that leads back to the same stage

nah, that was normal path

Ghost houses are all the same color.

Attached: 1479144520246.jpg (580x719, 177K)

Youknow what bothered me? The off center path from castle two into vanilla dome.

Zzzzzz

Attached: rip-van-fish.gif (280x280, 76K)

I don't remember where I read this, but someone said that Super Mario World was the Nirvana's Nevermind of videogames, and viceversa. I still don't really get what he meant by this.

back when games had soul

How do real fish sleep?

Most gamers don't complete games anymore, too many other distractions, so developers have become lazy and make the first couple hours of their game decent, then phone in the last 75%. It's terrible. I still go back and play games from the 90s and 00s and enjoy them because they put effort into making games then. The AAA gaming industry is a complete joke now.

Choose easy or normal mode.
Go the switch route for ez pz mode, pits have now blocks on the bottom so you don't insta death if you fall.
Go straight for the castle like a real nigga, you don't need the special blocks anyways, the game isn't that hard.

Nigs-nigs-nig-nig-nig Niggy-Niggy nig-nigs
Nig-nigs niggy nigga nigga nigga ding dong

Pardon?