What would you add or change about the dualshock for the next Playstation?

What would you add or change about the dualshock for the next Playstation?

No need to have 300 replies of "no share button or light or speaker or gimmick" we get it. I want some fresh ideas, or genuinely unique complaints and how to improve them.

Attached: 5e4e3bcf-27f3-42ef-b676-63564a34af22_1.ac574a590061e1f2b63c97dda37a7a92.jpg (650x650, 119K)

add haptic feedback or "HD rumble"

1.Better battery life

2"White and black" buttons like an OG xbox controller

3Trigger guards that let me set down the controller without accedintly pressing them

3.A usb charging port in a better spot that doesn't stress the connector when controller is set down

4.Ability to toggle six axis completely

longer battery life

the touch pad is not needed, more battery life. the light is also pointless

extend the grips so they can be used for dilating

Separate share buttons for separate media platforms. (Instagram, snapchat story etc..)

switch the d-pad and analog stick

Fuck off

A coom button

Triggers and sticks that don't fall apart after a year of regular use

Hook, line, and sinker

Grindr

>3Trigger guards that let me set down the controller without accedintly pressing them
Absolutely this. I hate trying to watch something just for it to get interrupted because I put the controller down.

Hi res dac for good audio on headphones

>No need to have 300 replies of "no share button or light or speaker or gimmick" we get it. I want some fresh ideas, or genuinely unique complaints and how to improve them.
I'm not sure what you're expecting then. The Dualshock has been around, in some form, for more than 20 years now, and has gone through multiple revisions. It's not a "perfect" controller, I suppose, but it's pretty close, and the short list of negatives are mostly well known by this point
>touchpad
>light bar
>sketchy USB port
Everything else comes down to personal taste, as not everyone will be able to agree what makes a "perfect" pair of joysticks, trigger buttons, face buttons, D-pad, etc.

Higher quality rubber on the thumb sticks, not gum erasers or whatever the fuck they used this time around.

Nothing, in fact they should remove everything. Sony has no idea how to make a decent controller just go back to the DS1/2/3 style and never touch it again, they can only ruin, not improve.

start/select buttons that aren't shit
Rear facing buttons of some kind
Analog triggers with 2 stages
Capacitive buttons because why not
A 5head on the controller just so that the touchpad can be big enough for it to be a tertiary grouping because battery life is for plebs

Better battery life
Better rubber on sticks
Pressure sensitive buttons to return even if it doesn't have BC with the ps3, since the entire metal gear saga is on PSnow anyways.
The lightbar to go away but they already said they want backwards compatibility with the ps4 so all i ask is an option to it turn off.

that was already fixed, new controllers dont have the shitty materials

Paddles on the back at default.

>paddles on the grips
>early controllers don't launch with fucking terrible rubber on the analog sticks
>light can still exist but make it smaller
>Something is off about the triggers but iunno what
overall the DS4 is in my top five controllers ever for sure, would recommend.

I like the ds4, the issue I have is that none of the gimmicks get utilized right. Gyro is pretty much never used outside of quick time events and the handful of games that require you to shake the controller once per playtrough to open a door or something. The speaker sounds like shit and only exists to give old folks in the room heart attacks because sometimes some dev decides that his game absolutely needs to sometimes play a single sound effect at ear shattering volume trough my fucking controller to really get his artistic vision across.
The touchpad is just a huge select button 99% of the time, nothing lets you use it to scroll trough your weapons and items which it would be great for.
Also they should make it slightly larger for people that don't have tiny Japanese hands and add whatever battery was in the Wii u pro controllers

The rubber on the new ones (the ones where you can see the light on the touch pad) is way more rigid and durable, even more than the switch pro controller.

just allow me to use the xbone controller

>3 Trigger guards that let me set down the controller without accedintly pressing them
Seconded, I really dislike it how putting the controller down almost always ends up in pressing the triggers.

But yea, DS4 is really very close to perfection, there’s just little bits of quality of life stuff to tweak, and they probably could make the controller a bit more solid feeling with better materials. The overall layout doesn’t need any big changes, really.

adjustable analog stick height
L2 R2 buttons instead of triggers
wired without input lag

DS3.5

No more a analog shoulder buttons, please fuck stop doing this

Honestly just do DS2 again with gyro. That's all I want

add an onahole attachment

make the trigger longer

did they add a new filter?
cum

my biggest complaint with sony's controllers has always been the ergonomics, but they finally perfected that with the ds4. all it really needs now is better battery life. bringing back the vita d-pad would be nice as well.

Attached: ps-vita-review-2013-7.jpg (530x353, 26K)

Add spinning dial

Attached: Namco-Jogcon.jpg (1024x930, 84K)

Making O the confirm button worldwide

USB port redesign so you put the fucking thing down, longer battery life, no light bar (or at least the option to turn it off), and a DS4Windows-tier driver for Windows. I'm perfectly happy with my DS4, I hope it won't die.

u can turn off the light bar in ds4windows if u set colour to white

>A usb charging port in a better spot that doesn't stress the connector when controller is set down
just realized it does this, wow bravo controller designer

I know, that's what I do, but that's only thanks to some guy(s) who wrote DS4Windows, I'm sure if it were up to S o y n, you couldn't do it.

not just better, but significan't better 50 hours or more battery life

built in X-input and D-input

done

remove shitty joysticks and replace them with steam controller track pads.
Watch autists cry for a bit and then realize they are better in every single way other than nostalgia.

this

Just a personal preference I would like alternative versions for people from Xbox.
Mostly just the placement of the d-pad and left joystick. I prefer them swapped like how they are on Xbox controllers.
Of course I would want this as an optional alternative, not to replace the main line of controllers.
Maybe less ass of triggers as well. DS4 wasn't too bad, but the triggers could be better.

Attached: okada-yukiko-3.jpg (600x595, 34K)

The sticks are very shitty, hard to make precise movements and are way too stiff. The loose stick on DS3 are perfect

I also prefer the overall shape of the DS3, DS4 just feels oblong and the touch pad is a bit too large and the start and share buttons a bit too small

Also battery life improvements, ability to completely disable the light (I hate it and have it covered)

And some paddles on the back (which is the last real evolution for controllers aside from some mouse-controller hybrid)

is there a ps controller that's supported natively on PC?
I use an old ps3 sixaxis controller with scp but since it's recognized as an xbox controller game input labels are always xbox ones in games.
or is it just mods/game options to get ps input labels?

Add back pressure sensitivity
Replace touchpad with a touchscreen for minimaps, custom button fields, etc
Add select back, move share
MicroUSB or type C charging instead of nano for a sturdier connection
Make face buttons glossy again
Grip buttons
Better clear colorways

>wired without input lag
Fuck off retard, there is no discernible difference in input lag for wired vs. wireless. Many wired controllers actually have slightly higher input latency due to lower polling rate.

An extra two face buttons and pressure senitivity across every button.

steam has native support for the DS4 and most of games released in 2017 and beyond as well.

>being to dumb to notice input lag

I could never get used to the track pads. I've had a Steam controller for years and don't really use it because I can't get comfortable with the pads. The fact that all the shoulder and pad button clicks are so loud doesn't help matters either though.

I hate the touchpad I would probably stagger the sticks and make a better d-pad or make the right stick a trackball

>stagger the sticks
What benefit does this provide other than making the d-pad super uncomfortable to use for 2D games?

that dpad was modern day GOAT

All the officially licensed controllers for PS4 are Xbox shaped so the might as well go with that design. It's way more ergonomic.

Attached: astro-pro-controller-art-07-us-08nov18.jpg (575x393, 49K)

Better D-Pad, and remove the lightbar.
Also, make an official PC driver for it so devs are finally forced to start putting DS4 prompts in games.
The xbone candy buttons look like shit. Even Nintendo's buttons grew up, but Xbones' are stuck in the 90's.

Just do it like the xbone controller it definitely feels more natural then the ds4

Not just the dualshock but Xbox and Nintendo too:

Make 6 face buttons the standard
above anything else I'd want this

The wii u pro controller used a 3ds battery. Same part.
Fun fact eh

START AND SELECT BACK NOW

Attached: source.gif (480x264, 1.53M)

>devs are finally forced to start putting DS4 prompts in games
Devs don't want to support another input method when they are already so used to xinput

You're an idiot.

For what? Telling a truth you don't like?

Dualshocks not working is entirely on microsoft. Both the 3 and 4 are plug n' play on linux and OSX.
Do you know what xinput means?

Yes I know what it is
You mean Sony would make an official driver that converts Dualshock to XInput? How is that going to force devs to add in playstation button prompts?

The light is absolutely necessary for VR games, which Sony has already confirmed to continue to support. It's going to stay. It's actually a pretty good motion sensing controller thanks to that.

The speakers are cool but they need to be better quality.

The touchpad is the only really useless thing, it needs to go. I like the central button but the touchpad has never been necessary.

You want to impress me? Give me 6 face buttons again instead of 4.

Attached: 1556838300736.jpg (1200x924, 988K)

>be me
>buy PS move like an idiot
>lose all the stuff for it
>8 years later
>want to get PSVR
>would have to buy everything again

better stick placement
higher quality triggers
no gimmick shit that sony will then ignore
battery life
no light
>genuinely unique complaints
how about go fuck yourself. it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's wrong with this trash.

I bought mine used and I like them. Pretty good controllers and have better battery life than a DS4. They're easily the weakest part of PSVR though, and everyone knows it's getting replaced.

But most of PSVR games can be played on DS4s anyway.

Attached: Possible-New-PS-VR-Controller-Patents.jpg (4000x1937, 615K)

God I'm worried about ps5 VR
Psvr on ps4 sucks. It gets the job done sure and it can be fun but what a nightmare.
I hope they don't gimp ps5 VR by still using the same light based tracking. I'd much rather have full inside out. Less wires and less fuckery. And for god sakes give a real controller, the moves are fun to hold and work great for basic shit but they BLOW for somehing designed for PCVR, like you couldn't play something like H3VR with them.

But since it's BC, Sony might just go "well uh we are gonna have an improved model with a higher res display and that's it, same controllers and still light based ;)"

Unlikely sure. But it's Sony. They've made so many dumbfuck decisions the last ~5 years, anything goes.

Attached: 57ed45939901239864c5df4da0890d42.gif (253x145, 1.98M)

I like the share button, I like taking screenshots. While I still want a select button back (the trackpad is not a good substitute) I want them to keep that.
Aside from that, I'd like to be able to keep both thumbs on sticks and press more buttons than just what's on the shoulders. Even if it's just a new pair of buttons, on the back or inline with the shoulder buttons/triggers.

The touchpad is alright, it's essentially just extra buttons

The light is for their camera and vr. You might not use it but there are millions who do. The sony vr is currently the best selling vr headset.

fpbp

>touchpad
i actually like it. when connected to pc it works as laptops touchpad, so i can navigate my pc from couch

>get rid of the touchpad, obviously
>get rid of the share button, leave all of those functionalities to the PS button
>change the triggers in a manner that won't press them if you set the controller down
That's all i've got, the DS4 is easily the best Playstation controller otherwise

That was literally pre-ps4releasebatched controllers. Honestly surprised people constantly bring this up like its still an issue. The only time I've ever saw a ps4 controller have no rubber on the sticks was at my NEX and people were using the shit out of those controllers to the point they had no spring life either.

I have a pc for my VR. But whenever sony came out with their vr and re-used the ps move shit, it was a god send. I literally sold my ps move stuff for the same price I bought it for 10 years ago.

No share button, maybe male the touchpad a little bigger, and have the face of it have a nicer texture nix the light on it. PS Move is dumb

>something I think is dumb means no one else should have it!
Could be worse, sony could've forced a camera that watched you 24/7 and punished you for talking to yourself. Honestly sarcasm aside, the light is whatever to me. I can dim it/turn it off on my pc where as the x1 controller light I cant and its BRIGHT af.

>get rid of the share button, leave all of those functionalities to the PS button
No, absolutely not. The Xbone does this and taking screenshots is horrible without a dedicated button because it means you miss more moments. Devs already use the touchpad as a select button and even up to four separate select buttons.

Basically all the light would be (and is) used for is pointer shit, that could be done with the touchpad.

Analog triggers, "ring finger" buttons underneath the controller where your fingers naturally rest.

>no DualShock 5
>PS5 fully backwards compatible with DualShock 1-4
>stop making new controllers every 5 years please I’ve been an idort for 30 years and my house is full of controllers just let me use one of the 10,000 I already have and stop adding to the clutter

This is it

People who want the share button gone should unironically consider suicide.

Nothing, DS4 is the perfect controller.

People actually take screenshots?

No, retard, Sony is literally the only console manufacturer left who understands the d-pad should NEVER be below the stick otherwise your thumb will favor diagonal inputs.

Longer Battery
No light bar but keep the led in the touchpad
Keep the touchpad but make it so you can use with the future new ui to select stuff, like DS4 Windows does with the mouse, it's really useful.

Lose the touchpad, improve battery life, turn share into something else actually useful. The abysmal battery life of the DS4 is my biggest complaint, it is absolute dog shit.

I have literally tens of thousands. You ask this question when Insomniac and many other companies added Photo Mode just because of how many screenshots people take and it's basically free advertising. The people who don't take screenshots are the minority, and looking at any game's social media presence at all will prove this. Hell, Xbone has an entire section dedicated just to showing people other people's uploaded screenshots/videos, and PS4 does it on every single game if you go to "Players" or whatever the fourth option was.

The fuck are you talking about?

I think it's more about backwards compatibility. If they went with inside-out shit then I bet old PSVR games will not work with new headsets, or new PS5 VR games will not work with current PSVRs. I am pretty sure it's going to continue being external tracking.

The lights tracking isn't bad, it's technically not any better or worse than infrared lights on PC headsets. The tracking problems on PSVR stem from the fact that it calculates translation movement with only two cameras that are fixed right next to one another.

This is difficult to change, PSVR's entire premise is to make the system as little invasive to the living room environment as possible. Because of this, I doubt we'll see much different between the current Model 1s and 2s and the next model of PSVR.

Attached: PlayStation-Glove-1024x621.jpg (1024x621, 47K)

Share button was great.

I would prefer to only swap out the right stick, where a track pad is undeniably superior. I don't like it for movement even after using it for about two years now on the Vive. Track pad gives you better control over movement speed while you are moving, but it makes it harder to start moving and change directions since there is no mechanical indicator of where your thumb is relative to the center of the pad. I actually think Valve's prototype Index controllers may have fixed this by being deeply convex so you would be able to feel the sides of the pad, but now we will never know. Aside from all of that, the main benefit of using track pads is that it would significantly increase the chances of gyro being supported as well since it is more similar to a track pad than it is to analog.

Attached: 1511122226474.jpg (598x900, 75K)

>No share button
But I like the share button, recording stuff is really nice.

Attached: image.jpg (2048x2048, 615K)

>bring back pressured buttons
>sturdier connector
I highly support this

LITERALLY nobody wants a trackpad are you high or something?

It's not just screenshots either, also video clips. The button is such a convenient way to save them, probably the best addition to the controller

A track pad on the right side can do pretty much everything better than analog. However, I actually do believe you that console players prefer bad controls since the DS4 has gyro and no developers use it.

Remove the touchpad for the love of fuck, it does absolutely nothing and is a waste of space. Use all of that newfound space after removing that shit and place the options and share buttons in much more suitable spots because their current place on the controller is iffy as all fuck.

>the best shooting game on Playstation 4 is GalGun2 because it's the only game that you can aim with Gyro controls

Attached: Gal_Gun 2_20180512031421.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

>Better battery life
>Trigger placement/guards that doesn't let it get accidentally pressed when set down
>Switch to USB type C for charging
>get rid of the touch button and have an actual Start and Select, and have a seperate share button that screenshots on tap rather than hold
>Caved in thumbsticks like XB1 thumbsticks so they don't slide off your thumb
>Also just less shit thumbstick material that doesn't wear out after 5 months of daily use
>Better/textured rubber on the grips

So many games on vita did this and it was great, I have no idea why it doesn't get put in on console versions. Sniping in BL2 felt even better than mouse with the gyro aiming.

Bigger. Or at least a bigger varient. They released that mini controller which was cool but i have massive hands and it feels like most controllers force me to take a claw grip

>get rid of the touch button and have an actual Start and Select, and have a seperate share button that screenshots on tap rather than hold
You can do this on the setting, change it to Easy Screenshots. If you do that, it screenshots with a press and opens the menu holding instead.

You can also double tap the Share button and it starts recording. That way you can make game recording with the exact length you want.

Attached: 1551676709816.jpg (480x360, 29K)

I’ve only ever pressed it by accident. I wish I could disable it

A trackball.

Attached: Trackball-Kensington-ExpertMouse5.jpg (1024x768, 554K)

better quality control e.g. make both thumbsticks and clicks feel the same; no sharp edges

remove touchscreen and light and speaker

bigger battery or even rechargeable AA batteries (that's right, zoomers)

durable connector and better placement

large vita D-pad

I have mine for 4.5 years and never had a problem. I hear that people have a lot of problems, though.

Longer battery life.
Force devs to actually use the touchpad to give us extra input options.

I want vita style dpad or bust

What makes it superior?

You can? I could've sworn the only option was to enable holding it to screenshot

A third stick

Mouse and Keyboard Support

If games have matchmaking, have a detector for when a keyboard and mouse are in. If the person is in a controller game and plugs in a Keyboard and mouse, they will not work until they finish the match. thus no easy rank ups.

one piece
clickier actuation

>one piece
DS4 d pad is one piece, the middle part is just lower so the controller shell can separate it into 4 pieces to avoid misinput like you get with full d pads

>No need to have 300 replies of "no share button or light or speaker or gimmick" we get it.

screw your shit, I'll say it regardless. FUCK that share button out of existence. fuck normie shit in games and game services. fuck influencers, fuck let's players and fuck dickfaces like Pewdiepie and DSP. fuck gamer culture too.
I would also take away that idiotic backlight feature because of the screen reflections. the touch area can stay. what said mostly and just usb chords so you don't need to think about battery life ever. otherwise it's a pretty good controller.

Honestly, it needs mostly tuning and improvements. The d-pad isn't very good, I wouldn't mind the return of analog buttons/triggers if they really want to keep their motion and touchscreen gimmick bullshit (not that the touchpad is useful outside of very specific titles anyway), and overall better design than just "LOLSOSTREAMLINEDANDSLEEK".

Considering Sony's now in the hands of California retards and technological rejects, however, I fully expect them to either toss out familiar designs to reinvent the wheel for no good reason, or try to basically turn the Dualshock 5 into the Sony equivalent of Apple to highlight their new features while fucking core things up even more.