youtube.com/watch?v=VBv8FoQxSnc
youtube.com/watch?v=HwnJfZThD4w
youtube.com/watch?v=3lA-ov8L66s
youtube.com/watch?v=nxQafU_jZZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=K-AZQKTlUMs
youtube.com/watch?v=ju-JqCEcSQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=pBXVA6Jtu94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Atleaste it had a few good games. Name one good game on the Shovleware Station 2.

Attached: Shovleware Station 2.png (4360x2872, 3.17M)

> Super Mario Land 2
> Wario Land 2&3
> OG Tetris
> Pokemon Red
> KDL2
> Link's Awakening
> Belmont's Revenge
uh that's all the games I really like, you might have a point

>XGRA
still mad, the first two games were good

Your mom barely had any games AYOOOOOOOOOO

>Haunting Ground
>God Hand
>KOF98
>Rule of Rose
>Fatal Frame
But these are great games. Is that the joke? Is the joke of this image that games journalism is worthless?

At least it had games, unlike the gamegear.

>caring what game reviewers think
dude you are such an underaged faggot. Also that's not even close to half of the worthwhile games on ps2.

shut it, zoomer cuck faggot

All shit. God Had is garbage and its even worst then a fucking baby game A FUCKING BABY GAME.
Only single thing good about it was its soundtrack.

Ah shit here we go again

lest you all forget many gameboy color games would still work on the DMG

also golf and chessmaster are the best games

Wrong.

PS2 is the king of shovelware. But even then, I can name 20+ good games on it. Including the best game ever made.

Attached: b0f4e4197996d7b087a113e5eafaf43494336428.jpg (600x850, 302K)

>PS2 is the king of shovelware

Attached: 1557878692772.jpg (215x302, 20K)

>neo Yea Forums
end your life old Yea Forums always said ps2 was the greatest era, also those games are great, back then the shilling wasn't as absurd and a 70 didn't mean it was total dogshit

Wario Land 1 is better than trash 2 & 3, retard.

The PS2 still had far more games than the Wii did. And most of them were just as shovelware. I mean, this is the console that had like 20 "you don't know Jack" games and 50 "let's sing/karaoke" games.

Neither did the N64

The Game Gear didn't lose because of games, it lost because those flashy color visuals drove up the price and drained the batteries like a bitch. The Game Boy was made with already outdated hardware but won by being cheap and efficient.

You can really tell you weren't alive when the PS2 was relevant.

so this is the power of ubisoft

SHUT THE HELL UP PAT

Attached: 1568134213402.jpg (3000x3000, 578K)

MODS I SEE NIPS

I was a nintentoddler during the 00s

I owned a Gamecube and gaming PC in 2002-2006 but that didn't stop me from seeing the literal shitloads of shovelware of PS2 games on store shelves.

It doesn't matter if they weren't the best. It was NES tier quality (minus having color) games on the go.
It's like how people say the Switch is good, but really it is sub-par when compared to other consoles. But the fact you can take it on the go puts it back a redeemable for some users.

Attached: nintendo_soy_cuck.png (959x1489, 1.21M)

ps2 had some shovelware but nothing comes close to the onslaught of shit released on the DS lineup and wii

We take shit like backlit screens and wireless multiplayer for granted these days. I remember struggling to play my Game Boy on night-time car trips and having to use a link cable to play multiplayer. You youngins are spoiled rotten. Back in my day you were lucky if a handheld system could display more than four colors! And we didn't have any fancy game saving either! We had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to get a password so we could preserve our precious progress.

>sweet'ems posting on Yea Forums in the current year

Attached: 1505456193376.jpg (400x400, 24K)

You missed the point of OP's post

I was playing video games before your dumbass daddy forgot to pull out.

>It was NES tier quality (minus having color) games on the go.
Not really. Especially the resolution was caveman tier compared to the NES. The crucial power difference comes 1. the Famicom/NES has the ability to enhance its games with external processors, and most of the bigger titles did. 2. the Famicom/NES had a separate CPU and PPU while everything is handled by the CPU in the Gameboy. We are also comparing NES (1983) to a portable Gameboy (1989). The Switch is extremely comparable to last generation home consoles with no compromise, unlike the Gameboy. The Gameboy, however, was not designed with strong hardware in mind. The Switch on the other hand was designed just powerful enough to be comparable to the home consoles out now and share most of their library if willing.

dumb zoomer
>donkey kong
>seiken densetsu
>gargoyle's quest
>kirby's dream land 2
>trip world
>kid dracula
>super mario land 2
>pokemom red
>wario land 1 & 2
>tetris
>metroid 2
>kid icarus of myths and monsters
>pokemon pinball and kirby's pinball land
and even more, this is just off the top of my head and not including game boy color games

Dude, stop mixing GBC games with regual GB games...
Also, why you have to use a fucking japanese game?
I really can't tell...
I also had a few GB games, but aside Pokémon, Tetris and Wario, I enjoyed Street Fighter 2 on that console, so I must be stupid.

Star Wars Battlefront 2

>IT'S YELLOW SO IT MEANS IS BAD
Sheepbrain

The NES is an 8-bit console. The Game Boy was a 4 bit console. It was limited even compared to the NES. But the core games like Metroid II, Zelda LA, Mario Land 2 and Donkey Kong '94 were able to pull every ounce of the system that people were fooled into thinking it was just as good or better than NES.

Attached: donkey_kong_94.jpg (320x320, 45K)

there are a lot of good games, just most of them are forgotten. Titles like Cyraid, Ninja Boy 2, Dragonheart, and Faceball 2000 are just four that I've played and enjoyed this year.

>4-bit console

Attached: cursed shiggy.jpg (180x187, 11K)

>The Game Boy was a 4 bit console

Attached: 1561484628974.jpg (280x320, 27K)

That was my point but I forgot for a moment that Yea Forums is full of people on the spectrum that take everything literally.
Kind of how PSP is often referred to as a portable PS2, but everyone knows it isn't that powerful. It's just as close as you could get on the go.

The games weren't anywhere near NES tier what are you talking about? It took until the GBC that we got NES ports of any sort and even then the resolution was lower.

>The Game Boy was a 4 bit console

Attached: 1531624248667.png (476x246, 168K)

read my post again slowly

Still had better scores than God hand.

I read all your posts through, twice and slowly and got out of them that you're retarded. What now?

End-user issue.

Feels to me that the product wasn't even tested before shipping.

naturally so
god hand more like bad game

Juvenile idiot.

Attached: v_4chan-4f513f3-intro.png (640x484, 201K)

LA, best Zelda
DK94, best Mario
Mario Land 2
Ports of Tetris, Puyo Puyo, Pac-Attack and Pac-Man
Not specific games, but it also kickstarted Mario Land, Wario Land and Game & Watch Gallery
Dark Cloud 2, literally the greatest RPG ever made
Aqua Aqua, the sequel to Wetrix

Bruh I'm about as old as the Game Boy. I'm probably older than two thirds of this board. Now sit down, shut up, and be quiet while the adults are talking.

>I'm about as old as the Game Boy
cringe

>THE WRIST GAAAAAME

Attached: 4bits.jpg (409x4096, 1.77M)

was game boy their shortest lived handheld? I remember GBC coming out when Pokemon Red did.

also posting best GBC game.

Attached: babe-and-friends.jpg (500x499, 59K)

yikes

I'd say Game Boy, especially when you count Color, had some pretty amazing games that more or less still stand to this day.

Also, yes, the PS2 had shovelware, but as a cheap, best selling console with wide market share, it was doomed to get shovelware. The Wii saw the same fate. PS2 had shovelware, tons of it in fact, but it still had lots of great games to back it up.

>was game boy their shortest lived handheld?
It was their longest. Pokemon came out 9 years into the Game Boy's life. And the Game Boy continued to get games many years after that, even though the GBC was out.

Final Fantasy Legend 3 is better than Golden Sun

>4 bit

Attached: 1504197157382.jpg (223x210, 18K)

The original Gameboy was almost 10 years when the Color cane out. If anything the GBC had the shortest lifespan before being replaced by the GBA 3 years later.

Speak for yourself, I played shitloads of good gameboy games. Here's a collage of my personal favorites

Attached: GBC collage.jpg (3200x3000, 2.03M)

zoomers are out of control

Most people, myself included, considered Color essentially the same console as Game Boy

so is the switch the end of nintendo's classic handhelds now that they are releasing the dumb trap known as Lite?

I do so too, but it's officially a different console with its own library, unlike something like the New 3ds.

Look man, if you want PS2 game recommendations, the Yea Forums's recommended games wikia is just a google search away.

>1. the Famicom/NES has the ability to enhance its games with external processors, and most of the bigger titles did.
GB(C) can do this too. For example Kirby Tilt N Tumble has a motion sensor
>2. the Famicom/NES had a separate CPU and PPU while everything is handled by the CPU in the Gameboy
Seperate chips, yes the GB(C) has internal hardware acceleration similar to the PPU

>but it's officially a different console with its own library
Not according to Nintendo's own financial page. They're listed together like the DS/DSi and 3DS/New 3DS.

Attached: g.png (584x155, 42K)

*Yes, the GB(C) doesn't have seperate CPU and GPU chips, but the GB(C) CPU has internal hardware acceleration similar to the PPU

Honestly, I really miss the Game Boy line. Everything from the original to the Advance just speaks to me and I don't think any system since has managed to replicate their charm

Fuck me then, I always thought it was considered a different hardware rather than just an upgrade.

This is a really good game

Attached: A1C7268E-45D6-4DE7-A166-826E1957439D.png (280x354, 191K)

GBA is a powerful 3D system!
youtube.com/watch?v=lunLPNXrkCo
youtube.com/watch?v=VBv8FoQxSnc
youtube.com/watch?v=HwnJfZThD4w
youtube.com/watch?v=3lA-ov8L66s
youtube.com/watch?v=nxQafU_jZZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=K-AZQKTlUMs
youtube.com/watch?v=ju-JqCEcSQ4

Do you really take reviewers seriously?

That's not saying much, Almost anything is better than Golden Sun.

this list is retarded.
way of the samuari 2, tenchu fatal shadows, grandia 2, S.L.A.I., god hand, kessen 2, 3, Extreme-G, KOF 98, suikoden, those .hack // sign games, romancing saga, wild arms 4, and mister mosquito, armored core 3 are actually all really good fucking games.

Those are just the ones I played. Reviewers are morons I guess.

Legend of Kay seems to be the only thing that's correctly scored there. And even then it wasn't that bad for a 72.

>Forgetting about the most impressive one
youtube.com/watch?v=pBXVA6Jtu94

The Gameboy only supported memory bank switchers while the NES MMC lineup is a much more variable lineup of what range from bank switchers to essentially co-processors á lá Super FX. What is essentially a gyroscope, feeding the console with information, doesn't really expand the Gameboy's capabilities in any meaningful way, as it's still confined by the hardware inside the system.
>but the GB(C) CPU has internal hardware acceleration similar to the PPU
Correct, but you're now pushing through the work of essentially three processors (CPU, GPU, sound) through one 8-bit processor.

An easy mistake to make, considering the GBC had a ton of games that weren't backwards compatible with the origina. By comparison the New 3DS has like 5 exclusives.