What dev has the best backstory?

What dev has the best backstory?

Attached: 411A2AB1-F610-44A0-8F5F-8289C86C1D92.png (475x360, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w-pOFYK0WiU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: suda sword.jpg (1222x700, 112K)

Best backstory indeed.

Attached: IMG_20180710_184809.jpg (1080x1198, 254K)

also found this guy has a son too, kino. think he's a based single father, which means he gets more points cuz single fathers are under rated

Attached: todd pepe.jpg (459x271, 67K)

Best good I don't know but best for lulz is Yanderedev, his past of incel forum rage is hilarious

why did his son's wife leave him?

>retweets ass shots from games he worked on
fucking based

*blocks you*

Kojima.

the tetris guy

>ugly manlet makes punching bag simulators after getting fired from his job at capcom for making a bunch of flops

So I’ve never cared enough to really wade into it, but I like Kamiya’s games so I’m curious. Does he hate al gaijin or just those that tweet at him in English/complain to him?

Miyazaki

>Be baked bean salesmen
>Company calls confirming your order of a bunch of computers
>You didn't order any computers
>Take the computers anyways
>Make a bunch of games using them

Attached: peter-moly.jpg (730x410, 33K)

oh hey its the angry twitter man

Toby Fox

Neither.
He just hates people who ask him the same questions over and over, and most of these people happen to be english speakers.

hard to say, but he seems to hate any form of english tweet, but loves tweets from japanese people. he blocks everybody even if it's an original tweet now if it's in english.

He's also friends with Sakurai who clearly doesn't like gaijin,after the way he spoke of Kirkhope's work

Righteous - like I said, I didn’t really follow it closely so I’m glad I was entirely off base. I don’t usually care about the devs behind games, but I tend to enjoy his a lot.

It's kinda weird to be honest. He was or is a huge westaboo.

Hes a westaboo but hates geeks

To my understanding he wasn't always an asshole. He was professional up until people started endlessly tweeting at him to cry about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive. Then he made a pact with the block button.

kamiya is sexy af tho

Hideo Kojima

American McGee
>McGee had a number of stepfathers when growing up until his mother finally settled into a relationship with a transgender woman. When McGee was sixteen, he came home from school to find his house empty and abandoned; the only things left were his bed, his books, his clothes and his Commodore 64 computer. His mother had sold the house to pay for two plane tickets and the fee for her girlfriend's sex reassignment surgery, leaving him on his own. He packed up his computer, dropped out of high school and took a variety of odd jobs, finally settling on a Volkswagen repair shop.

I love how he dabs on Smashfags

fucking based

t. Inafune

Based bald man making Yea Forums shitposters SEETHE in anger.

what

Attached: 1568059366493.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

>used to go to his bully's house just to play vidya he didn't have.

Source?

If Hideki Kamiya has a good backstory, it's only so that the story of his life post-Twitter can seem all the more tragic.

The only time I've ever felt the need to confirm FPBP.

>Sakurai and Kirkhope
What's all this about?

He's come to hate non-Japs and become a caricature of Nippon Pyurando Stronku in order to prop up his vanity in the face of comments from westerners that aren't 100% fawning dicksucks.

I always double check post like this, but we're talking about American McGee so is probably true.

It's actually because Western Twitter is full of stupid people who ask the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

>thinking sakurai hates grant
>source: your ass

Hi Kamiya. Wish you'd direct a game again.

Banjo in smash, kirkhope came back to do music
Sakurai said it was difficult with the language barrier but it worked out well or something
Retards read super deep into it and think sakurai hates him

>All other stats: Human
>WILL: ???
I'm a stubborn fuck myself, but I can't imagine going through so many life changing experiences like that and still having the resolve and composure to later work on Doom and the Alice games.

FROM ZERO TO HERO

Attached: DsQgFAyW0AAEipo.jpg (1080x1080, 144K)

SOUL

Attached: x7c2ogkpc8s11.jpg (474x637, 41K)

Viewtiful Joe 3 never

Attached: 123253872563.gif (365x182, 1.49M)

He supported a transfag on Twitter

He isn't based

If you look up his Twitter history, it goes from him seriously replying to even the most retarded questions to him asking to stop asking the same questions over and over again to him telling people to use search function to him blocking people who ask retarded questions to him blocking all English tweets
He does reply normally if he is the one who initiated the conversation though. And often he clearly blocks simply because people want and expect him to, for the epic meme.

>Sakurai logically thinks that someone who lives thousands of kilometers away and speaks a different language may be difficult to work with
>This somehome confirms his undying seething hatred of the west
God people are retarded on this board

Someone post the JAV cover of him with a nut on his forehead

Seething bald manlet

Tsundere Kamiya hates all gaijin but he also loves them.

Kenji Eno was a maverick the likes never to be seen again. That man did what he wanted, when he wanted and didn't care who might be upset because of it. There's a few stories of him floating around, but my favorite is him basically trapping a music composer in his hotel room until the wee hours of the morning until he agreed to work on one of his game, I think it was Enemy Zero.

Attached: kenji_eno.jpg (500x334, 21K)

>Enemy Zero
One of the most insane games gameplay wise Ive ever played

Of his catalog, i've only played TRIP'D, but this was was fucking insane. When he was making I think it was D, He had it as a ps1 exclusive, but sony didn't believe in the project and only manufactured enough to cover preorders. He was pissed so at E3 that year, he went on stage to announce it was a Saturn game and the PS logo on a screen behind him morphed into the Saturn logo. The guys at Sony had no clue about this until that conference.

I like him cuz he aint the typical fake polite jap. Hes americanized and expresses himself

To which the response is: bitch, you're famous. This is what being famous entails. Get with it, hire a question filter, and get over it.

Sounds plausible. I see no reason for Kirkhope/Sakurai emnity.
I do know of the story where Shigeru Miyamoto walked into a bathroom right as Kirkhope was doing a textbook Mancy-bastard prank on one of his friends and wasn't impressed. Can't remember for the life of me what.

That's honest at least. Frankly I think most people are harder than they actually think they are, and it's a mixture of naivete and reasonable apprehension that makes them think it's impossible to survive life crap. Trust me, it's doable.

Who could've thought such a dashing young man could turn into a total diva? Then again, look at the level of attention paid to outfits and twee accessories. These are clues long in advance of formal primadonnarism.

It's nice that he's honest, but he's still laughable fragile and afraid of disagreement. The "honesty" is mostly of the sort you see in Japanese "seniors", which is a derogative style based around "how DARE you impugn me, the great X?!", a holdover from the daimyo days.

This
>tfw going trough the exact same thing

Only feel like playing this youtu.be/w-pOFYK0WiU

Attached: 1713103-8105.suda51.jpg (610x344, 174K)

>This is what being famous entails. Get with it, hire a question filter, and get over it.
He did exactly this so what's the problem? His solution didn't even require him to spend any money.

Last I checked Kamiya was still blocksville for anyone who breathed at him. This is not "Get with it, hire a question filter, and get over it" at all.

>N-no you can only filter people in the way I want.
He only blocks smelly dumb Anglo scum

hm the hyperlight drifter guy has a ridiculous story. he has some type of heart condition that can cause him to die at any moment, he decides to game dev at some point on a hospital bed.

also the kid from stardew valley. worked at some movie theater dead end job for 4 years while devving and then it sold for millions and it was just him

those are the only 2 i know, anyone have links for this type of shit lol

>He was pissed so at E3 that year, he went on stage to announce it was a Saturn game and the PS logo on a screen behind him morphed into the Saturn logo.
Based.
Also the only other game of his I played is D, which while incredibly dated was pretty fun for the bad CGI/VA and buttfuck insane story.

Probably Todd Howard. He's literally just an autistic kid in love with video games in adult form.
>Went to college for an actual fucking degree in business and finance rather than something for video games because he wasn't retarded.
>Was obsessed with Bethesda and constantly applied for jobs only to be rejected probably 5 times or something.
>This was around the time Bethesda was doing fucking terrible in sales and was more than likely going to shut down until based Todd came to save the day.
>They finally hired him and let him make Daggerfall which saved the company he loved.
He's the only dev I've ever heard actually sound enthusiastic and excited about his work and video games in general. Any time I see him talk about his games he just seems like a kid showing off his favorite toys.

Eno also got a cutscene of cannibalism in D because he submitted the gold master copy late, with the penalty being that you had to deliver the copy in person. When he was on the plane, he swapped the discs for the version that had the cutscene and submitted it to the factory.

thats based i didnt know todd did that, its very clear that he is a workaholic

The strawman argument of failure: the way you know you've struck a nerve.

you're so gullible it hurts
if Todd ever had any passion for his games it is now long gone and he's nothing more than a conman, he praised FO4 and FO76 relentlessly even though he must have known they were both shit and bug-ridden games, particularly the latter

Compare this to modern (((game devs)))

You've obviously never seen the chess video.

That's what you said though? See this is why Kamiya doesn't want to talk to you because you unironically say things like
>The strawman argument of failure: the way you know you've struck a nerve.

Either him, or American McGee.

it was 12 years ago. He changed

He hates retards on twitter, coincidentally that includes most of modern/v/. He's super friendly with fans of all languages at events the times he goes to E3 or Gamescom or wherever.

Yeah, I totally said that Kamiya should start banning people in a single specific pattern ... in .... hmm, you know, I can't seem to find the post. Could it be that I didn't say that, and you're a massive shitbrained faggot with some complex of low reading comp and/or disingenuous fag arguments?

Like trying to prop up a "block EVERYONE" attitude by pointing that, surprise, people with that attitude don't like getting told they're making lazy, retarded arguments with stock errors, revealing their butthurt. Wow, genius Sherlock: your observation that Kamiya is a coward who blocks anyone who criticises him has totally undermined my argument that Kamiya is a coward for blocking anyone who criticises him.

Is that clear enough? Let's see what he says next.

Clearly Yoko Taro feat. the friend he watched fall to his death as a child.

>that Kamiya is a coward who blocks anyone who criticises him
That's not true though, he just blocks annoying people like (you)