Now that the honeymoon phase is over, can we finally admit this game is mediocre at best?

Now that the honeymoon phase is over, can we finally admit this game is mediocre at best?
The maps are not very good and are reused far too often. Pretty underwhelming when you go to fight/defend Claude just to see it's that map you have killed Bandits/Pirates on 3 times before.
The lack of variety between routes/houses is criminal. Part 1 is identical. Part 2, while having very different stories, all share maps between them bar 1 or 2.
The monastery section of the game is too tedious and should be streamlined. It takes up way too much time and drags out a game twice as long as it should be. I think between story missions you should just explore once, do one instruction/lecture (you can increase the gain to compensate) and then that's it, move on to the mission.

Attached: Three_Houses_cover_art.png (926x1500, 2.41M)

Best Fire Emblem

Stay mad

Attached: 1567974484935.png (745x382, 251K)

I don't see how anyone who isn't a Persona retard could think that. The maps are not very good, there is very little challenge and no weapon triangle. I don't know why there isn't a weapon triangle.
If I am "mad" it is because the game should be better. I quite like the characters, story, setting, lore,etc The gameplay is what is underwhelming.

The monastery is completely optional you retard

Attached: 1564648242543.png (850x848, 107K)

Fire emblem is a mediocre series. I appreciate them trying new things, they just need to build on it.

>honeymoon phase
Who made up this retarded shit? Of course a game isn’t as fun when you aren’t playing it fresh anymore

My biggest problems with the game are the insane stat boosts on battalions and how poorly balanced the classes are. There’s very little reason to not have every physical unit go Brigand into Wyvern Rider/Lord, for example, and if you’re a girl mage with Warp or a seige tome than you’re going Gremory 100% of the time.

The monastery is also a net negative on the game due to being a fucking massive boring timesink after the 10th month of dealing with it, and it drags the narrative down because they start bending over backwards to justify why you’re still at the fucking place post-timeskip. They should’ve done what the nu-xcom games did and make it entirely menu driven, but you can see your units milling about and using the facilities. IS was really blatantly chasing the success of Persona 5 when they settled on this approach.

If you want to play optimally than you’re stuck dealing with it.

Class balance is a bigger issue than anything else.

The game is so easy that you don't need to be super optimal.

Attached: sip.png (1024x576, 899K)

>The game is just like persona!
Fuck off retard, play more games.

I got more bored with the optional combat missions than the monastery by the end of it. Eventually I'd just fast travel teleport all over the monastery to do whatever needs done (especially post time skip when the lost items seem to disappear) but when I was "forced" into doing three identical battles just to not feel like I was wasting my down time I got a little annoyed.

Complains that game is too easy and complains that he cant play it optimally

fpbp

Best FE game
Best turn based strategy game ever
Best characters
A daring change in core gameplay to leverage the series’ strongest asset: the characters

FE3H is unironically the most influential turn based strategy game in the last 5 years with the highest production value the genre has ever seen. No one can actually name a better grid tbs without a meme answer (muh FFT). I don’t care about being cool on a message board, this game is fucking amazing and every strategy game in the next 10 years will be compared to this one

Nope
Best Fire Emblem in a long time

lol

I like being optimal. I just hate going through the monastery to grind stat boosts, motivation, support links and faculty training. I don’t hate anything about the setup other than flicking through the map, loading into the room, walking to what I want to do, going through THAT menu, finishing, then bringing the menu up again to start it all over. If the monastery was menu driven then I’d be done with it in 5 minutes tops, but it turns into such a slog at higher professor levels that it easily tripled in length minimum. And I need to do it 3 times between battles on some months. It’s going to be a huge pain in the ass putting up with it when Legendary finally comes out.

I wish they'd remake genealogy of the holy war and release it officially overseas.

Don't be a faggot, the game is great. Monastery stuff shouldn't take you more than 10-15 min, unless you're an absolute retard.

Attached: 1565894315502m.jpg (1024x721, 129K)