Why is it considered so bad to donate to streamers? It’s just like any other job...

Why is it considered so bad to donate to streamers? It’s just like any other job. They have to dedicate time and energy of their life to bring you free entertainment. Not only that, but you have to be funny, charming, and actually good at the game you’re playing.
What gives?

Attached: D966665F-FE0D-40BA-B147-87D10DE8037D.png (500x500, 7K)

I don't really give a shit and never donate/subscribe. I just don't see the point of donating to a streamer with fuckloads of viewers who roll in subscriber/ad revenue.

Because playing a game is a normal task. Why dont you donate to people who watch movies or read books?

it's not a job, it's literally street artists tier begging, with a lot less talent involved, basically scamming people with the "muh lovely community made of special people", which are usually power abusing mods and bullied people in highscool, the streamer has insomnia and has problems with drinking 9 times out of 9, also most of them are rich to begin with and made their own way by using bots between 2012 and 2016, dropout attention whores, gays and almost every woman has a failed marriage or an ongoing one, trying to deport Alinity for the green card thing was fun tho, and when Legendarylea showed her vagina and naked ass

>just got off my closing shift at the anus factory
>here's your cut, millionaire guy who forgets to even thank me

that's a lot of projecting

Because it’s work and you watching it for free is a privilege
But people do stream those things user, and they do get donations
Okay buddy. Whole lot of projecting you’re doing there.

honestly I only donate to smaller and upcoming streamers, once they get a stable income I don't donate anymore

its dumb when youre donating to millionaires
they get paid just from you being there

begone zoom1

>Why is it considered so bad to donate to streamers? It’s just like any other job. They have to dedicate time and energy of their life to bring you free entertainment. Not only that, but you have to be funny, charming, and actually good at the game you’re playing.
What gives?

Attached: 89D8E63B-B1C2-4144-9D78-E79884ED1412.jpg (1024x967, 83K)

You'd have to be a fucking moron to pay for something that's free by default.

Had a hearty laugh, thanks.

Attached: 1561356676169.png (720x720, 661K)

>Not only that, but you have to be funny, charming, and actually good at the game you’re playing.
No.

All you need to be a big streamer is to act like an idiot. Look at any of the big streams, every single one of them is the exact same joke, some pasty retard who doesn't know how to cook an egg jumping around and screaming to amuse the 12 year olds watching them.

This isn't humor. These people don't make jokes, they just act retarded, or are actually retarded, to make simpletons laugh and donate to them. Anyone who gives money to a streamer is completely retarded.

The reality is that streaming is one of the easiest jobs on earth. You don't need to do any real work, you just need to sit there and consume other people's content while giving your opinions on it.

The basic reality is that if you had some kind of live-streaming platform with actual media, i.e., just let people join rooms to watch premieres of the latest netflix series or something while chatting, you'd easily hit 10-100 times more viewers. But hey, media companies are braindead, so they'll never do it. Instead, you've got some worthless NEET idiot watching clips on Youtube and screeching, stealing all your revenue.

Except you’re not entitled to as much as you think you are, zoomer.

It's not work though. Getting paid != work.

Cry about it

The most successful marketing strategy in recent years.
Make people think they have to pay YouTubers and Streamers for all their "hard work", because it's their "job".
Completely ignoring the fact that the whole thing simply started out as a hobby people did for fun, until a few guys figured out they could make money out of it and now everyone is trying to do the same.

Fuck off, granny trannys.
Nothing better than dropping the minimum for the text to speech message and making a fire joke that makes the streamer and chat laugh and then seeing yourself later on youtube.

>streaming
>job
oh no no no no

you focking loosah! I bet you have a shit life uh so obsessed! hater! small peen! you can't stand a chance against me, the guy which donated 10k to become a mod to a twitch chat ran by a random whore! I bet your life sucks! now let me play this game with my fine twitch semi-gf and sub to get all the COOL EMOTES you can probably not afford! that's why you're mad! you can't afford twitch ahah! guys stop caring about TROLLS we are a team here to sustain, support and defend our beloved, raise your swords! for the QUEEN!

omg did you see what asiantittystreamer353 said about foreignchad99 omegalul pogchampion

>seething

This is so real it kinda hurts...

yeah and those guys doing it as a hobby were 17 years olds with a shitty webcam, toaster mic, streamed maybe once a week in 240p with some freeware shit and mumbling like an autist
and now we have well equipped professionals with quality software streaming every day in high quality
it's almost like if you pay for something you like then you'll get more and higher quality, peculiar isn't it

>Nothing better than dropping the minimum for the text to speech message and making a fire joke that makes the streamer and chat laugh and then seeing yourself later on youtube.
user you have some spectacularly low standards on what makes you happy. Which is fine, you do what you want, but I'd unironically rather play video games.

haHAA

>50% of posters are against hating on twitch

we really reached that point, I'm out

Attached: 904850438098.gif (499x280, 72K)

People are going to flame you but you're right, especially comparing it to 'street performers'

No you're not.
And I bet you also watch someone on twitch.
Faggot

I could load you up with the best possible recording set and you'd still have less of a pull than a rotting corpse.

>I'd unironically rather play video games
oh shit and you're shitposting on Yea Forums about streamers so you must really hate playing games

People don't want to support their free entertainment. And they'll complain about it. A Youtuber will make an extra video that's sponsored and everyone will downvote it and complain while upvoting the other videos before and after that video.

That's weird, I thought I was on Yea Forums not /e-celeb/

honestly? you're based as fuck

>i.e., just let people join rooms to watch premieres of the latest netflix series or something while chatting

i used to love joining pirate streams on Yea Forums and just chatting and watching movies. if netflix had public chatrooms to use while watching shit together...

sure, but if you load up someone who's talented in comedy, voice acting with a good recording set then they'll have a big pull, way more than 17 years old nerd kids mumbling on a toaster mic

>They have to dedicate time and energy of their life to bring you free entertainment.
Getting irregular amounts of money between 5$ and 50$ (often in less in an hour and several times) makes for a good motivator.

Getting there is the only investment that is outshined instantly once a community has been established.

>if netflix had public chatrooms to use while watching shit together
Huh... That's not a terrible idea.
Although it might be.

Depends on the streamer, what they're doing with the money, and what you're getting out of it. Donating to a partnered just chatting stream in the hopes that the streamer says your name is fucking retarded. Donating to a smaller streamer (like someone doing creative or game dev streams) who actually uses the money to make something instead of just paying for fucking sex toys or god know what is actually sensible, especially if the project they're working on is something you can get to enjoy down the line.

>watching streamers in the first place

Good, fuck "content creators." They're a class of leeches who suck off real artists and often make more than them as a result.

Maybe "real artists" should just make better art then.

I realize this was done for (you)s but since I stream I had to respond. I do have a drinking problem and it's usually that I run out of snapple. Admittedly, i dont steam for ebucks like most do. I've wanted to stream since 2004 but I always lacked the hardware. I finally caught up this year and since I play games every night anyway, decided to stream while I play.

>Donating to a smaller streamer (like someone doing creative or game dev streams) who actually uses the money to make something
You might as well just support their patreon, come back in 2 years and tell me how well that went for you.

People do not do work for free. If you pay people for not working, they will continue to not work.

The only sane model for payment is paying for PRODUCTS. Not the promise of a product, you pay someone when the fucking thing is finished, or you will be strung along for years.

It's a bit creepy when lilzoom steals his mom's credit card to fuel his parasocial relationship with someone who doesn't care about him.

>It’s just like any other job
Obviously not since they're not getting a fucking paycheck from their employer (unless you're one of the top dogs on the site).
You can argue that it's like busking or some shit but it isn't another job.

As long as the streamer isn't fostering and exploiting parasocial relationships literally who cares

But any streamer over 100 viewers is doing that. And most of the ones under that are attempting to do the same.

okay then you pay for the stream that's already finished, you can hope that there'll be more but then it's the same thing as people who buy half life 2 for seeing half life 3, you'e buying a future possibility at that point and not a product

>Every creator is Yanderedev or SPurple
If they're streaming the product's creation it gives them accountability

>As long as the streamer isn't fostering and exploiting parasocial relationships
That's literally every single Twitch streamer and Youtuber in existence.

If you have ever donated any amount of money to any streamer, youtuber, or eceleb you're an idiot. I can't believe anyone so pathetic can actually exist.

> exploiting parasocial relationships
so like what politicians are doing? fellow magabro?

On the streamer side it's fine, if they want to make money off idiots, then more power to them.

However you have to be an idiot to donate your money to a streamer. The issue is you, not them.

You're streaming another artist's content. Where's their cut?

>iPhone filename
>throws money away
Checks out.

>started streaming just to practice my borked English
>realize I curse more than normal to make up for my lack of experience with speaking in the language
It was an interesting experience. Will do again when I get a better mic.

>Why is it considered so bad to donate to streamers?
Probably only to those who already have more money than they can spend.
>It’s just like any other job.
Can be if they put the effort into either being skilled or entertaining. It's a big stretch though.
>They have to dedicate time and energy of their life to bring you free entertainment.
It's their choice. They could get a part time job instead if they were after money.
>Not only that, but you have to be funny, charming, and actually good at the game you’re playing. What gives?
Streamers are just like street performers. If you're impressed and want to drop in some cash, good. If you don't, then nobody, specially the streamer, can blame you.

You don't HAVE to do shit. Then again why should you care about what other people think about what you do with your money? If you wanna donate to a streamer, do it. If you wanna hire a hooker, do it. If you want to invest in crypto, don't.

I'd just like to point out that a thread discussing FPS in Vidya got pruned by jannies but this one stays up.

Do your jobs or make the rules clearer you useless cunts

it's within fair use, take up your problem with the supreme court about intellectual property

You won't like it when they will.

I only donate to 18+ sites, twitch is for children hehe

Half the board is smash threads, jannies don't do shit about them either

I miss streams being based around livestream.com/chatango

Small to medium sized communities instead of monolithic figures. Watching autopilot on loop shooting the shit after work/school

I think there's something deeply disturbing and narcissistic about taking money from smoothbrains and children.

I have a million times more respect for people who sell cigarettes and booze than I do for streamers. Because at least they're selling the concept to adults. Streamers prey on retarded kids who don't fit in, who think that giving mommy's money to the random "cool kid" online will somehow provide them with a sense of self-worth.

People who donate are absolutely retarded. But streamers are still scum for accepting those donations.

good luck with that, even nintendo was forced to bend over for fair use
not to even mention that companies pay shitloads of money to streamers, so it's the exact opposite, artists pay the streamers to show their games
it's 2019, you should learn that the influencer market is only growing, a group of youtube streamers just got invested 7 million dollars by video game companies

It fits the userbase. Most streamers on twitch are horrid people if you watch for even an hour.

you sure knocked that strawman down that you just built

I miss watching 10 pixel streams of chinks getting murdered by russians on p2p and usenets

> disturbing and narcissistic about taking money from smoothbrains and children.
lmao moralfag

Vast majority of big donators and sub streaks come from lonely adults.

I dont "donate" money to people who are richer than me. I mean its pretty fuckin retarded.

>you have to pay the streamer you aren't entitled to free entertainment and it's their job so they need to make a living
>companies pay shitloads of money to streamers

>being this sensible

Attached: 1546086016020.jpg (720x833, 27K)

This, I support like 2 people with a sub. I talk with those personally and know they are poorfags. Why would I donate money to people that have more fucking money than I do?

wot

>You don't have to be good at the game
Lots of people donate to a streamer just to get noticed, a surrogate friendship is not healthy
>Generally the streamer does not need the money, you are making a well of person richer
>It does not take much effort to play a game from the comfort of your own home

these people work hard to provide a service for you, you entitled bitchbabys. you should be giving the standard 10% of your monthly income.

Why are you trying so hard?

I never said that though, if anything I said that I only support small streamers with money because they have no other sources of income at that point
once they're pulling a few thousand viewers then the ad money and sponsorships start rolling in
but either way that's a different argument, your argument was that the streamers are using someone else's art and therefore should pay a cut and somehow you think this could go to court, when in reality it's the exact opposite where artists pay streamers to play their games, in this information age the most valuable asset is influence, if you have influence you can make money

Are you implying that I constantly watch every streamer on fucking twitch? Also ever heard of ads? I know you're just shitposting but at least make it good shitposting.

Why donate or subscribe when you can watch them for free?

even if you aren't watching you should still donate, they are counting on your donation as part of their income.

I mean, you can go to church for free and people still donate, they're providing something for bored people and some of those bored people have money

Unless your church is different it's not the same at all. Donations to a church go to keep the church running, maintain the building, and fund charitable/missionary programs all of which is decided on by the church members. The money is used by and within the community. Donations to a streamer go to their pockets.

>keep the church running, maintain the building
keep the streamer running, maintain the building
streamers do charities all the time
the money is used within the community that the streamer has, living in a village and going to church with a 100 people isn't different than going to a stream with a 100 people

I only follow 2 guys because I found them while searching stuff on youtube, they do an actual good job at the games and are not the usual screeching retards with a cult following, but I've never donated nor subbed to them.