So since Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties from different worlds in order to stretch out...

So since Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties from different worlds in order to stretch out the "crossover record" as much as possible, that means no 1st parties and no newcomers from a world already represented in Smash.

Is that a good approach or not?

Attached: zelda-smash-ultimate-625x352.png (625x352, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1169409252403769344
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. They're leaving Nintendo ip for after the fighter pass. Geno will be in, Isaac, etc. Maybe even waluigi. Especially after seeing so many people loving sans.

There's no "after" for Smash.
It'll just be Ultimate ported to the next system.

Are you sure about that? Smash Bros. Ultimate is basically a licensing hell. I'm glad Yuzu is progressing so well, otherwise Ultimate would be trapped forever unplayable until 80 years later

>Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties from different worlds in order to stretch out the "crossover record" as much as possible
If by 'basically confirmed' you mean 'he didn't actually say any of this at all but I'm going to pretend he did' then sure.

>So since Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties
Stopped reading there, he never did

he literally says he's not sure a game this big will ever be made again, and he wants to stretch out the number of crossovers as much as possible before development ends.

Could we expect another Konami rep?
Bill Rizer? Pyramid head? Pastel? Jehuty?

>my hopes of getting a new Zelda rep are shot
>but the FEfags aren't getting any more reps either

Attached: andross goes apeshit.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I just want more villains

There aren't many interesting first party characters left anyway

Can we start filtering the word "confirmed" please?

>Sakurai basically confirmed

you will never ever learn

He also said Ridley is too big. Can you fucking stop taking everything he says as granted and meaningful?

Putting Ridley in was easy, legally speaking, since Nintendo owns him. Putting third party characters in requires negotiating deals with their owners. It's a fucking miracle that Sakurai got Konami, Sega, Namco-Bandai, Capcom, Square-Enix, Microsoft, SNK and who knows who else to all play nice with Nintendo once.

And when did he confirm that exactly, redditor?
No source?
Ok.

Except he literally didnt

I wish the DLC added some new bosses from the DLC character's series.

Yes. There aren't many Nintendo franchises left that would be good picks.
I think he's referring to the Banjo video where he said he wanted to keep adding to Ultimate because there probably won't be another chance for a crossover this big.

>>my hopes of getting a new Zelda rep are shot
I gave up after the November Direct

Attached: 1536857315617.png (633x704, 78K)

Geno
Isaac
Ryu
Phoenix / Layton
Jill / Monster Hunter

Yes, fuck Tr4sh DLC
I have some first party picks I want but since this means FE fags get cucked out of another Corrin tier slot then I am beyond happy

It's a good approach if they add third party characters that are heavily associated with Nintendo, like Phoenix Wright, instead of crap like Master Chief.

I saw that direct. Where did he ever mention that? Pretty sure I would’ve caught it. And the fact that everyone else in this thread is confused pretty much confirms your bullshit.

I think it as as you now you have fanbases that are normally outside of the Smash purview interested in the game and potentially along for the ride from then on and it also comes with the inverse of Smash players trying out games they'd have no impetus to otherwise. The spike in aftermarket sales of Dragon Quest games and the new influx of views on Fatal Fury/KoF videos is a perfect example.

>tfw i just wanted a sin & punishment rep

Attached: 1446578783520.png (320x287, 107K)

It's in the section where he talks about continuing DLC

>Ultimate with proper netplay
Fuck they better hurry

Why is it that anytime something is “said by Sakurai” faggots on this board misconstrue it or force their own retarded headcanon on it?

Attached: C552CEC0-9E67-4385-8F53-5BDF32AE25AD.gif (480x270, 2.48M)

Depends, historically it is a good approach since the number of games getting in will be so fucking big, it's basically what Endgame is for superhero movies. Banjo and a few other characters will be the Spider-Man of the situation next time and y'all know it.

The only characters left in to make the game already perfect are Geno and Bomberman (and maybe Waluigi too). The fourth piece of the "Impossible" puzzle made of K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo, and one of the most iconic vidya mascots ever

"We will bring more game worlds together"
For fuck sake people, pay attention.

Attached: 439573240942.jpg (640x480, 54K)

I bet their agreements are something like "we can use your IP in Smash Ultimate and any subsequent releases of Smash Ultimate"

This doesn't bode well for Genofags

>otherwise Ultimate would be trapped forever unplayable until 80 years later
???

I don’t think so

Smash x SMRPG

Easy.

Wouldn’t Nintendo give him a somewhat bigger budget for Smash 6, though? This is the best selling game by far. Surely a new game with less characters wouldn’t sell well.

In moonspeak he said "as we add more characters, the world of smash gets bigger"

Literally no company in the world will sign off something like that.

You're avoiding the question. Stop taking things for granted.

So he didn't say what you're saying he's saying. You're an idiot.

It’s how activision got the rights to Spider-man.

>Wouldn’t Nintendo give him a somewhat bigger budget for Smash 6, though?
Smash gets a huge budget as is. Reminder that Melee was by far the best selling GC game, and Brawl and Sm4sh were some of the best selling games on their respective systems. Smash is a juggernaut and Nintendo know it.

I guess this means more fan requested third party, considering Banjo was like the only one for this entire DLC so far

Attached: Fan request.jpg (1360x768, 211K)

And DQ

just Ultimate ports, I mean. Not new Smash games.

There are no first parties left that could stand against your average third party
>but muh Nintendo purity
First party cucks are pathetic

Where in that did he mention 3rd parties.

Attached: 1568083956629.jpg (476x477, 22K)

There are three different Links, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf. What more do you need?

Attached: Fighters Passes.png (240x165, 95K)

You ever notice how almost everyone they're getting are poverty (SNK, Atlus) or dead (Rare)? The only surprise on there is basically Hero, because Squeenix hates advertising DQ.

>no real newcomers since 2001
>half of them are clones
>wow you're so entitled!

>All three of the main characters got revamped for Ultimate
>One of which are even high tier
It's enough for me desu

>revamped

Ganon got his smash attacks changed and Link got a new down b, arrows now can be picked up, and has a 0% smash attack projectile. That's it , they're still the same characters

>one is high tier

And Sheik was the best character for a while last game. Of Sakurai cared how viable his characters were in tournament Kirby wouldnt be so consistently terrible

Honestly at this point I just want these guys
>Geno
Made researches on him, I like the character
>Bomberman
PSP game is childhood along with Sonic Rivals (don't @ me)
>Waluigi
So spammers stop existing
>Isaac
Same as Waluigi, although Isaacfags are WAY less toxic

>That's it , they're still the same characters
Ganondorf may as well be entirely new. He was the absolute worst character in Brawl and bottom 3 in Smash 4. He does not play exactly the same as he did in the last two games, he's a lot faster, more mobile in general and has a lot more range. He went from being a slow piece of shit with zero approach options to basically being the new Falcon.

Link got completely, his remote bombs alone opened up tons of new shit, the fuck are you on about? He also went from being complete dogshit in every past game to being very good in Ultimate.

>One of which are even high tier
Sheik, Link and Ganondorf are all very good and are high-tier in Ultimate.

Post fighter's pass is going to be all nintendo shill picks WHOO BOY

Is there no subbed version of this? I want to hear what Sakurai is saying but without crap voice over dubbing

What else could it be? Everything else is an assist trophy or spirit, the only option from first party ip is Astral Chain.

>Probotector
>Sparkster
>Raiden?

>>Geno
>Made researches on him, I like the character

Attached: photo_2018-05-14_23-19-57.jpg (480x467, 16K)

He should start including anime characters now. I would love to see Luffy from One Piece.

Fuck off I hope those little shits get cut. There's only room for one Link.

Attached: 1413968828816.gif (245x245, 1.1M)

>Bomberman
>PSP game is childhood
MODS

Attached: terrorist_bomberman.jpg (900x696, 87K)

>DQ
>Fan requested
Dude it's literally "Workaholic suicidal sudokujaps take the day off when Dragon Quest comes out" Dragon Quest. That's just pandering to the core playerbase and basically national game of Japan that isn't Sound Voltex

So this is the world of Smash?

Attached: DCD.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Unironically based, but
>Ex-Aid would be the one since TENSAI GAYMOO

Hero and Terry were both fairly highly requested too, but not in the west.
Joker is the real oddity at this point.

>Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties
We still aren’t sure of that yet due to the translation job.
twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1169409252403769344
It’s the same reason he “said” we’d get only one reveal at E3 and all the BK characters were “sad souls”, some shit just gets lost in translation.

Fuck no. There are so many underrepresented Nintendo series out there right now. Give us some content that represents the major Wii U/Switch/3DS games like XCX, Rhythm Heaven, Arms, XC2, Three Houses, Astral Chain. At least give us some stages or something man...

Mistranslation

lmao who cares about that new shit

T. Bought the SANS costume

you are never going to stop coping are you even after all the dlc is out
>they will be in next game!!!

We haven't gotten a new rep since Brawl, and we haven't gotten a new-new rep since Melee. And Fire Emblem now has more reps than Zelda. That's not right. Zelda is part of Nintendo's Big Three along with Mario and Pokémon. Give us something, anything. Tingle, Dark Link, Gwonam. I can't be picky anymore.

b-but they are totally going to put in isaac and geno!!!!

this is his last smash game for real this time. he will be working on it like 2 years after it's release still. there is nowhere to go but down from here. he will pass it on to his younger devs

What do you expect? Most of the notable IPs have been used leaving only the Astral Chain twins, supporting casts, and whatever Pokemon are popular at the moment.

Noticed how the only new 1st party reps in Ultimate were Inklings and supporting characters from established franchises?

rare is completely owned by microsoft who isn't poor in any sense of the word and rare has almost nothing to do with him being in smash other than previously developing the character

this poster is delusional

>this much of a zoomer

It's good, especially since first party gives us stupid shit like Rex and Edelgard

they want shit that sells and brings outside audiences. not "representing" first party games come and gone. be realistic

Honestly, I really hope Sakurai takes a fucking vacation after the last Ultimate DLC drops. Hell, I will go to Japan and drag him onto the next plane to Hawaii if I have to.

>There are so many underrepresented Nintendo series out there right now
>Fire Emblem
L M A O

Attached: 1567372456393.gif (1433x950, 1.82M)

They need to save Nintendo characters for Smash 6. I doubt we're getting any even after the pass. Similar situation happened in 4 where the only Nintendo newcomer in the DLC lineup was Corrin.

>there is nowhere to go but down from here.
Lol he still hasn't surpassed melee

Yeah, I can see Smash 6 pulling an "Every FIRST PARTY is here" and adding the missing obvious ones to make up for the lack of the 20.000 third parties in this game

Why does it have to notable? We got characters like ice climbers and duck hunt

Melee was only liked because of glitches, you retards don't play the PAL version of Melee which fixed all the shit

Smash 6 is way off. By the time it comes out there'll probably be loads of new characters ready to be added, and a decent selection of old ones that totally missed out this time.

>We will bring more game worlds together
>wants to stretch out the number of crossovers

How does this exclude Nintendo worlds?
>Everything else is an assist trophy or spirit
There's a point there, but it's making a lot of assumptions.

>and duck hunt

Some people waited thirty years for the opportunity to take a baseball bat to that literal son of a bitch's smug face.

Hmmm maybe those "glitches" made the game better and sakurai should of incorporated them into the next games

Attached: photo_2016-06-15_02-25-31.jpg (332x476, 13K)

We haven’t had assist trophies upgrades happening in the same entry, and spirits aren’t like trophies. Else Piranha Plant would have had 2 spirits like Mewtwo and Lucas had 2 trophies in 4.

Of course this doesn’t mean it’s a 100% rejection but I think it’s highly unlikely that any upcoming fighter will be someone that’s already in the game in some form.

To be fair: that's how combos became a thing in Street Fighter.

No. "Other worlds" just imply new IPs. Can be first or third. Definitely not already represented ones.

I dont see what's hard to understand user, new smash games have no depth and try to hide it with gimmicks like arsen and golden feathers

PLEASE

Attached: 250px-IsaacPromo.jpg (250x286, 24K)

That's a fair point, but I don't think that Sakurai thought that far ahead with the DLC. At this point I feel as though anyone could make it in, even Geno. Nearly every Nintendo IP was introduced through Spirits, but there are a few glaring omissions, like Porky. I don't know maybe he did think this far ahead. He's mentioned time and time again that 3rd parties aren't as "safe or a sure thing" during development as some people think they are.

Of course it is. Nintendo has been represented more than good enough. 3rd parties generate more buzz and bring unique music and stage layouts. The last thing I want is more Mario or Kirby levels. That said
>Travis Touchdown
>Leon Kennedy with Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield alts
>Chell with potato glados
>Master chief
>Minecraft Steve

Do you have a functioning brain?

Terrible approach

>"haha how epic and quirky xD"
>nobody plays as it anymore
Yup, I'm thinking it was shit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>1st party faggot
Cope

You'll never seethe based plant off the roster, grinchcel.

I dont expect any first parties, but there are still some not in smash to say it has to be mario or kirby is stupid

I won't but I'll forget his existence because nobody plays as him

You can't forget about Plant if you keep going into every thread to whine about her.

>if you keep going into every thread
I think this is the first time I've posted about Plant since its reveal, maybe since its release

Yes. It's perfect. Smash is now not just about Nintendo. It's about famous video game characters. And this is so cool. I'm excited to see what random crazy third party characters are going to be revealed soon.

There will be fighters pass #2 soon. It's the last fighter pass for Ultimate. In my guess.

Pls
Though he's more of a Hudson Soft rep if anything

Attached: yep it's him.png (355x317, 147K)

New Fighters Pass:
3 Fire Emblem reps
2 Pokemon reps

Sans has no bearing on those characters though, he isn't even a nintendo property and appeals to a different group than geno/isaac/whoever character choices. If anything they might consider an actual Undertale series rep for the next smash with how well Sans was recieved, but even then they probably prefer characters with a legacy.

A more accurate interpretation of that would be "the DLC characters will be from games/titles not currently represented in Smash."

That does not exclude Nintendo games, just ones that have characters in Smash. A game like Astral Chain would definitely fall into that category, and a case could be made for games like Three Houses as they are technically not represented in Smash.

A good way to look at it would be:
A character from a game is "deconfirmed" if the game they come from has any of the following:
>another character who is already playable
>a stage
>an assist trophy or item
>music in Smash
>spirits
>mii costumes

This greatly reduces the amount of elligable Nintendo games and characters to pretty much these four titles:
Astral Chain
Daemon X Machina
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Pokemon Sword and Shield

Pokemon can be a bit of a stretch, but if everything is centered around Gen 8 and the Galar Region, I think an argument can be made as to why it would count, plus it's fucking Pokemon.

I do think that if we're getting another 5 characters in the pass, 2 or 3 will be from those games listed above, with Astral Chain and FE3H being the most likely.
>Its better than free marketing, its marketing people buy.
>Keeps those games/series relevant making future entries more likely.
>Nintendo gets to keep a larger share of the revenue from the DLC.

Objectively, yes, it's a good approach. Subjectively, though, no, I don't care for it. There are still a lot of Nintendo characters I'd like to see in Ultimate.

Who would you like to see that isn't an AT out of curiosity?

>last
AHAHAHAHA HA

>technically not represented
He's in

Attached: Ray01.jpg (471x800, 53K)

Hoes Mad? Who's Mad

I know it wouldn't get in, but I personally would love Dark Matter from the Kirby series, as I find it to be a really cool enemy that perfectly embodies the darker, edgier Kirby stuff that we see in so many games. A lot of potential for a cool moveset, and I really want more characters in Smash with that gritty, edgy feel like Ridley has. It'd be a perfect contrast to Kirby and Dedede, who are cutesy and silly, while still feeling at home in Smash.
I also think Porky and Fawful would be great. Fawful especially, I can't fathom why anyone would care about Geno when Fawful exists.

To add to this.

It's safe to assume that third parties that got characters added in Ultimate and its DLC are out of consideration, so no Konami, Square, SNK or Microsoft (sorry Chief-bros) characters.

So we're left with the following available and reasonable third parties:
Capcom
Ubisoft
Namco
Activision
Bethesda
Warner Bros (Netherrealm Studios)
Koei Tecmo
And whoever Suda 51 counts as I guess.

Based on that list, I don't think they'll fill all presumably 6 DLC "slots" with third parties. 2 or 3 the "slots" will likely go to Nintendo games/characters.

My bets are on these:
A Tekken character
Doomguy
A character from FE Three Houses (Timeskip Dimitri would be the best pick)
The default male and female player character from Astral Chain
Any two of these: Travis Touchdown, Ryu Hayabusa or a Capcom character like Dante or Leon Kennedy.

>FE Three Houses
This is inevitable, but I think it'll either be Byleth or, if we're lucky, Edelgard. However I also think you're underestimating just how likely a Sword and Shield shill pick is.
>Leon Kennedy
Based, him and Crash are all I really want.

>Doomguy
I really cant see this happening

Just give me Nightmare with a Siegfried alt costume like Olimar and Alph. Link was in soul calibur 2, and every time I hear them talking about how they couldn’t work a Tekken character into the game due to novelists being too long I get fucking pissed. Imagine their roll is just them using 8 way movement to walk out of the Y axis and into Z. It could be longer than Samus’s Roll but give more invulnerability. Don’t get me started on how I could ruin friendships times 2 due to playing Nightmare in smash.
We didn’t get Black Knight, so why not the Azur Knight?

>her
Degenerate

I absolutely can. He'd be no more outlandish than Cloud or Joker.
>Doom Eternal releasing on all platforms in the same month as Terry releasing
>Doom 64 most likely a timed exclusive for Switch
>Doomguy being the most iconic FPS protagonist, and his game being the most iconic FPS series, which is a genre that sees no representation in Smash
>Doom having an history with Nintendo, with Doom 64 + Doom being ported to SNES, GBA, and now Switch
The four above points already make him more likely than Cloud, Joker, and Snake were at their time of release. The only possible reason I can think of for him not being able to come is Doom's inherent focus on gore and hell, but this argument is shattered the moment you play Bayonetta, which is more violent than Doom.

I doubt sakurai cares about doom

>So since Sakurai basically confirmed all newcomers will be third parties
Except he didn't? There's 16 DLC character slots. For all we know, the next fighters pass might be all third party again and the last one might be all first parties.

He has mentioned Jon Carmack by name.

>her
user...

Nintendo picks DLC characters, Sakurai just gives them the okay.

>no newcomers from a world already represented in Smash
sad

Attached: 1564513104050.jpg (1000x750, 131K)

>Three Houses as they are technically not represented in Smash.
We're talking about franchises, the game is called Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Attached: 1540916574075.png (172x159, 70K)

>Is that a good approach or not?
well they fucked up the first third party pass so no

We've gotten Fire Emblem shill picks for the past two mainline games. What makes you think we won't get one for the highest selling FE game yet?

>Sakurai just gives them the okay.
Exactly, look at who we gotten so far
>joker
Sakurai loves p5
>hero
Dragon quest is fucking huge in japan
>banjo
He wanted him in melee
>Terry
Sakurai was a huge kof fag and partly inspired him to do smash

>new smash games have no depth

oh yeah because the definition of depth is five viable characters and every character looking ridiculous gliding through the stage right? take a shower.

Did I hit a nerve?

>It's safe to assume that third parties that got characters added in Ultimate and its DLC are out of consideration

You're just making up rules. You guys keep following patterns until it doesn't happen anymore, it's retarded.

That wasn't the point, FE and Pokemon have from history great chance of newcomers, they are however already represented franchises.

projecting much? you're the one whining about ultimate in an ultimate thread. instead go practice your wavedash so you can then get btfo by a greasier mofo in a local.

I mean, I can't imagine they'll ever have this opportunity again.
I know they'll at the very least cut Cloud next game. If there even IS a next game.
I can see them keeping Banjo & Kazooie, though, considering how easy it was to get them in.

Go cope somewhere else, Genofaggot

Sakurai likes FPS games in general. If he had the opportunity to add the game that defined the FPS in general, he'd likely take it.

This
Rules are broken
Anyone can get in
even Shantae.. Geno or Skull kid

I think Frisk is incredibly likely.

i feel you brother, raiden is my most-wanted as well, but i think Sony has an exclusivity thing bc of PSASBR not sure

>dog turns
>stabs itself
lmao but the pic lol

日本語を習うだろう。じゃ、櫻井さんいったは分かりましたよ!

Lmao

>Sonic Rivals

Literally got a psp as a kid for this one game.

Man, I'm 100% game for 3rd party reps, but the only Nintendo characters I wanted playable were Dixie and Black Shadow. Maybe even King Boo.
If they are at the expense of 3rd party reps like Resident Evil and Contra, I'll fucking take the trade-off. More game worlds welcomed.

I agree, I think the only two characters I could see Nintendo having issues getting back are Snake and Cloud and it would be a PR nightmare for Nintendo to announce 'Everyone is returning (except Snake cuz Konami won't let him)'

Just look at the Shitstorm Sony is currently dealing with from pulling spider man from the marvel movies.

>Pig Ganon
>Tetra/Toon Zelda
>a Goron/Zora character from either OoT or BotW
these characters are very prominent for the franchise. that's without mentioning fan favorites like Midna, Skull Kid and Impa. there is a lot of Zelda picks that would bring a lot to the table, outside the main three, it's just a matter if Sakurai wants to do it
>b-b-but most are one-offs
didn't stopped Sheik from appearing in Brawl/Smash 4

Attached: ea535ae76deda5d96601729e34b48a76.jpg (760x1300, 90K)

Forgot to mention, assuming ratings boards are consistent, Shadow the Hedgehog had both an E10+ rating from the ESRB and a CERO A rating, and that game involved shooting humans with M16s and shit.

>Master Chief
This meme needs to stop, it'll never happen even with all the "rules" that Sakurai has broken about who's getting in.

>If Sakurai cared how viable his characters were in tournament Kirby wouldnt be so consistently terrible
Except he's said he knows Kirby isn't that good but he doesn't wanna make the Kirby Cast or Kid Icarus cast too good because he knows the retarded fans will immediately claim he's biased and making them too good because they're his own personal children.

>Bomberman
>Isaac
>Waluigi
Did you all just miss the party where they're ATs and disqualified from being playable? Little Mac got the upgrade on the game AFTER he was an Assist himself. Stop believing they'll magically do the same for these 3.

>Xenoblade
No.
>Arms
Somewhat but still no.
>Astral Chain
Too new, we've been told already the plans finalized in 2015.
>There Houses
user, people are still mad about 7 FE reps. You really want 1 more?
>Rhythm Heaven
The only one I can genuinely agree with but how would you make a RH fighter?

>Second set that wasn't part of initial plans
>plans finalized in 2015
Are you trying to trick me?

Just wait till they announce the Three Houses rep user. We all know its going to happen sooner than later.

who even said anything about next smash? Did you tards miss out on that more dlc is coming?

don't lose hope fellow user skull kid still could get in smash

lies you lie microsoft let rare have banjo in smash screw microsoft banjo will always be a nintendo character/rareware rep to me