This was the best Street Fighter game ever released. Discuss

This was the best Street Fighter game ever released. Discuss.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 60K)

Yep.

yeah it was good
expect a lot of turd strike fanboys who don't actually play turd strike to show up though

That's not Street Fighter Alpha 3. It's a close 3rd with SF2 Turbo in 2nd.

There's nothing to discuss, you're fucking correct idiot.

Why those games? They're notorious for being unbalanced jank.

It is amazong indeed. I remember the insanely absurd FADC juggling system and the out of nowhere focus attacks that would always hit if your opponent was trying to go in, it worked upon what Street Fighter 2 laid out and succeded. What a game

They have style.

So much fucking style, literally everything is style, amazing OST, amazing visual style, amazing rememberable characters, it is jank, but everything makes up for it.

why do people hate V?
asking unironically.:I've only played up to IV

take sf4
slow it down by 25%
remove everything that made it cool like fadc and creative combos
double down on everything that made it shit like oki vortex while also removing every defensive option that isn't block, and punishing you even harder for trying to tech a throw

FOCUS ATTACK/DASH CANCEL

if we're judging a game purely on its style and aesthetic, third strike has both games beat

No, it wasn't. You're only saying it because it was your first.

That's not alpha 3 though

It now plays like King of Fighters, but slower. That's not a fucking joke either. Everything is geared towards the gameplay being extremely aggressive with next to no viable defensive options being put in place.

It was CE Special Edition on the Sega Genesis.

It's way more shallow than SF4, which was the same complaint 3rd strike fags gave about SF4. It's EXACTLY the same as
Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim. I like Oblivion the most because that's the one I started with but even I recognise that each new game was dumbed down with Skyrim being the dumbest and most casual. SF3 - SF4 - SF5.
I used to watch lots of SF4 on youtube, twitch, etc. I'd go on eventhubs because they'd show which streams were online. After SF5, I didn't really care anymore.

Special Champion Edition, my bad. I don't have nostalgiafag goggles for trash I played when I was younger.

>I only cared about it for as long as it was popular.
Pathetic.

I'd say Fighting EX Layer is the best SF game if it actually had Street Fighter characters like its predecessors did. SFEX2 is the best proper SF game from Arika but aside from the character lineup it's mechanically bland and the custom combo system is about as braindead as it was in Alpha 2.

haha

A3 is certainly one of the best SF games out there. The option between A-ism for newbies/certain characters and V-ism for expert players makes it easy enough to hop into, while the large roster of appealing, well-designed (at least aesthetically) characters to choose from makes it enticing to keep at it. A few character functions like Birdie and R. Mika are questionably designed, which brings the balance down, but V-ism actually does a fair amount to bring the tiers closer. As one of the only Street Fighter games with a concrete art direction, it's also very stylish which helps a lot.

Not really. Speaking in terms of raw art direction 3rd Strike is fairly bland for a Capcom fighter - it looks great because it's well-animated and the Capcom artstyle is amazing for expressing the characters and conveying their actions. Alpha 3's presentation has a lot more going on than 3S.
Super Turbo's 'artstyle' is Capcom slapping new character portraits on an archaic CPS1 game - of course 3S has it beat.

Attached: bluebipson.png (291x160, 7K)

kill yourself , i bet you eat shit daily too

Put Q in Ultra 4 and it would be perfect