SPANISH INQUISITION CASTLEVANIA

BLASPHEMOUS COMES OUT IN FIVE HOURS

store.steampowered.com/app/774361/Blasphemous/

Attached: blasphemous-review-screen-4-1567815843767[1].jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sFjQ-_WsTo&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=NaLL5nk4X3M
youtube.com/watch?v=stTFkemAhSg
youtube.com/watch?v=LDiOtr5X81Q
tpb8.ukpass.co/torrent/34553203/Blasphemous-HOODLUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7mcaKsaUnQ0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_(art)
goodiesgames.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can you please avoid shilling from here on out?

>FIVE HOURS
Fuck

It's already out on Switch.

should i go for switch or pc?

>map is huge as fuck
>only has five fast travel points
What were they thinking?

IGN gave it a 7

OHNONONONO

Any word on the length of the game?

>should I play on console or PC
Retard

What kind of retard would buy a game day one anyway.

We'll wait for reviews about the gameplay, graphics are nice and all, but if the movements and gameplay is clunky, then it's shit. That's why it's hard to make a metroidvania.

>but if the movements and gameplay is clunky, then it's shit. That's why it's hard to make a metroidvania.
They had a demo out for like a week already. Go try it and judge for yourself.

Around 20 hours without exploring everything

It's a zoomer souls, lad
Don't lie

Fug. There's another game I want to play coming out next week. Might have to put this one on the backburner for down the line.

It think that would be smart. I've heard about some bug issues, nothing really game breaking, but it seems the patch is going to come next week so you don't lose much making it wait a bit.

Watched the bosses and some levels, it is so fucking boring and try hard.
>Heracatalos, the fallen scion of the heretic cellar
Nah, fuck off with this cringe.

Biggest problem with the game visually from the little i've seen so far is that lots of the bigger "sprites" have little to zero animation. This is one of those games that could use a 2.0 update or a "definitive version" to polish some of graphical stuff to not look so fucking static.

>that lots of the bigger "sprites" have little to zero animation
there are smaller enemies and even human size bosses that only have animated wings. the rest of the body is completely stiff.
For the time they developed this game it's a fucking joke.

As awesome as this game looks, I got stuck during the demo because my guy literally wouldn't jump through floorboards. Also the gameplay felt mediocre at best and not very smooth the way most of these fun Metroidvania games manage to feel.

Clunky gameplay can be overlooked to an extent, but if I literally can't progress through the game because of some stupid shit like being unable to get through the floor then that's some very, VERY bad news.

Is it true that one of the enemies is called
>Santa maria where did yo go? ayudemeee

Everyone's so cynical here lmao
it's a fantastic game

More like literally fantastic, as in buffoonery.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sFjQ-_WsTo&t=1s

it's shit and there's no level ups or weapons or anything that makes igavanias great

yes. the enemies and bosses have absolute retarded names, that even top Salt&Sanc and that other 2D souls indie garbage

>Blasphemous, a game denied it's 10/10 IGN score

Iga got redeemed, there's no talented sprite artists nowadays, it's best to go full 3d

What game, user ?

You watched the game congraturations

>SPANISH CASTLEVANIA
Yeah no GTFO the spics litetally killed castlevania nothing good can come from there

Attached: 1568085817510m.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

>it's another le Dark Souls-wannabe in 2d

Attached: 160.gif (295x221, 613K)

The Lecarde Chronicles is actually pretty decent:
youtube.com/watch?v=NaLL5nk4X3M

AI Somnium Files. It's a murder mystery game, so better to play it out the door and not get the murder spoiled.
Blasphemous I don't see having a big plot focus that spoilers would affect the playing.

>there's no talented sprite artists nowadays
There are tons of decent animations in the game from the enemies, what is lacking is more in the BIG things (from what i've seen).

Going 3d is the easy mediocre way out, going 2d gets extra bonus points from me for effort (good 2d, not shitty).

in Bloodstained you can play as Daenerys:
youtube.com/watch?v=stTFkemAhSg

top that faggot

Who gives a shit about GoT anymore? This isn't 2014 faggot. Fuck off. (It also looks like shit.)

>it's shit and there's no level ups or weapons or anything that makes igavanias great
I can agree with lack in weapon variety, but RPG style leveling is a big problem with metroidvanias and they would benefit from removing that so that challenge can remain consistent with what they originally intended, rather than showing up and obliterating a boss or getting your ass stomped in by a damage sponge because you were the wrong level.

Are there any bell enemies in that game?

>Thinks this is cool
Behold the power of the gamer

>Memestained
>no patches for bugs in 5 months

>no price

wtf

$24.99

But can I play as Aradia?

I'll be pirating it :)

>IGN
>implying their opinion matters

it's a bug
Turn off v-sync.

>it's shit and there's no level ups
But that's false.
You unock new movesets for your sword throughout the game. There's also tons of items and buffs.

More like literally fantastic, as in of or relating to fantasy.

Attached: 1513653773512.gif (250x188, 1.74M)

Attached: 1567804100828.png (965x905, 1007K)

more like not!

Attached: 1567515347704.jpg (720x805, 47K)

Perhaps the worst voice acting I've heard in years.

Is this shit actually fun? It looks gorgeous but it seems somewhat shitty to actually play.

try the demo faggot

Why? The game doesn't actually look fun to play, the enemies are HP sponges.

yeah the VA is garbage but the game is fun

It's sometimes fun to be caught up in the buzz of a new game release, and to be able to discuss it at it's most active point.

10 minutes

>he doesn't know

bruh...

what?

Is it out yet?

I'm pretty hyped desu

Where do I get the demo, bros?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BETRAYED YET AGAIN

Attached: 11111.png (672x236, 56K)

Yeah, I will wait for a sale. I recently finished Hollow Knight. Nothing can top that

>IGN muttmerrica

Attached: ign spain.png (323x152, 6K)

>AI Somnium Files
Neat, been looking for good mystery games. Might check it out.

the last door 1 and 2 were good

I agree.

Dark Souls is already a zoomer game

uh oh the spaniards are going against the american narrative shut it down

Denuvo? If not, crack when?

when it's out brainlet

It has steam protection so it should be within the hour of release.

Salt and Sanctuary is unironically better.

cope

>IGN 7.0
OH NO NON ONONONONO
HAHAHA

looks boring as hell

>IGN

stopped reading there

see

Downloading it right now because I'm bored
Thought it was out by now so it should be fun to run through it from the moment of release

I played the demo and found it pretty good. Very nice controls and crazy ass lore.

>bosses all have super bland attack patterns that are all very easily readable
>movement is floaty in a bad way
>one weapon the entire game
>music is boring
>game is way too fucking short compared to others with similar styles
>animations on enemies and bosses are often choppy and lack frames
Pass

IGN 7.0

-3 for religious themes and not being woke

final score: 10/10

Attached: 1473088608463.jpg (900x900, 101K)

3 minutes lads

it's out on steam

Not playing that shit tablet. The 720p output will look like shit on a 4k monitor.

Caleb "SAY IT" Hart just beat it on stream.

watched Vinny play it. looked dull as shit aside from the boss fights

Go Back to discord, trannies

I wonder if the people who hype it played the demo.The game is janky as fuck, nice setting and art doesnt save that
People who expect a second coming of hollow knight are gonna get burned also play Unworthy

I played the demo faggot, did you? Game is good.

Yeah combat and movement feel like shit, no depth to either of them. demo altogether was piss easy, not what you'd expect.
i'll play the full game but it's literally looking like a 7/10 game so far

TORRENT IS UP

post magnet

It's an 8/10. Carried by the art even though like only the first two bosses were actually animated well.

The gameplay is ass and so is the writing, the only reason why people are interested is the aesthetics which are admittedly gorgeous and original

no

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 741K)

Just wait for gog link

>metroidvania where falling off the map is an instant death
okay, who's idea was this?

it's a 5/10 at best.

>SPANISH INQUISITION
is dracula a jew?

Just like Dark Souls bro.

Jesus fucking Christ who wrote this dialogue?

is the Switch version censored? (in germany/europe?)

Hoodlum again?

No.
Apart from Germany Yurop doesn't censor games.

It's not an FPS, RTS, or graphics intensive game, user.

Best Lovecraft adaption ever, and with no meme tentacles.

I'm having fun
like this edgy setting

Attached: 20190910204419_1.jpg (2560x1440, 276K)

>another dark souls inspired metroidvania 2d pixel shit indie game
when will this shit end

Yes its on 1337x.to

that means it's too hard for them lel

I grabbed the rarb version.

is this any good? it looks like pixel shock value shit with slow combat

I'm not liking the voice action too much

this

The combat is pretty mind-numbingly boring so far. I can see you can unlock like movesets and spells probably but this whole mash one button for your attack is shit. Always will be. Hated it in Hollow Knight as well but at least you were a bit more slick there since you could pogo jump on enemies and the dash was faster.

At least the art and themes are cool even if the dialogue and voice acting are just mediocre.

>SPANISH INQUISITION CASTLEVANIA
that's blasphemy

heard the English one sucks, but is the Spanish one any better?

I really, really want them to do a major graphics overhaul in a future where they dither the pixel art. Everything almost looks amazing but this flat model they're going for almost looks like pillow shading and is really off-putting. At least for the bigger sprites, come the fuck on guys

Attached: 1564470641116.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

>UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation
The fuck is this?

>shock value
...?

Attached: HL.png (865x610, 428K)

Did they run out of time or something?

Literally all the big bosses besides the very first two are just static images with very little moving parts. Like I know Metal Slug worked amazingly with that kind of shit as well but in this one it just looks jarring.

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

>oh the shit that comes out of my ass

Is he supposed to be the real first boss? It took me an hour to beat him because I did little no damage aginst him

Attached: 20190910221706_1.jpg (2560x1440, 322K)

This game was just feature in my local news
I didn't know it was made in Spain

crack when?

when google is invented OH WAIT IT EXIST ALREADY

So how is it? Great or just passable?

I played 3 hours staright
nothing's groundbreaking but it's solid

>no 21:9 support, adds black bars
fine no problemo
>it breaks the game because the black bars block areas
t-thanks

>looking forward to Greedfall and Blasphemous
>both games come out and are pretty bland

neat

gay souls clone

really cant found a single torrent

FROMsoft is the epitome of zoomercore games, you dumb faggot.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "clone."

Metroidvania "genre" is absolute trash, and backtracking is cancer.

Fuck Metroid
Fuck Castelvania

combat is too fucking tedious and similar to dark souls, definite deep sale purchase

didi sombody repack it from 4gib to half gib

Games first impression is really good but after 5 hours of the combat and metroidvania shit you just wish it was a 5 hour linear game and not a 20 hour slog.

I'm watching a friend play it and it does kinda just look like if someone mashed Symphony of the Night and Dark Souls together

yeah, the combat is just this dull back and forth you always get with soulsian combat, the aesthetic is pretty great though imo

When the fuck did Souls claim surrealist horror?

This is fucking 2D it's not Souls like in the least.

come the fuck on you have to admit there's at least stylistic similarities? they're both medievil gothic / christian inspired grimdark settings

Why post a steam link when its out on GOG?

Why is the Penitent One such a fucking LEDGE MAGNET

I JUST WANT TO DROP DOWN STOP GRABBING THEM

this or bloodstained lads?

Bloodstained

Game don't have spanish voices, only english.

Reminds me or this
youtube.com/watch?v=LDiOtr5X81Q

Bloodstained by a landslide, no contest really.

good enough for me lads, thanks

I tried the demo and the game fucking sucked ass

It's like this all the time, every game tries to blow up on Yea Forums near and before its release. AAAs start building support 3 months in advance. I like the look of your game, and I checked out the KS, but it fucking bothers me that we can't have normal organic discussions about games, I hate being fucking shilled to and it turns me off of buying your shit.

Attached: advertising.jpg (1836x291, 170K)

hooly shit this hoodlum installer music though

Nobody shills their games in this shithole retard. Everyone here is an underage edgelord who hates everything to fit in. If the developers want to advertise we go to reddit where is much easier thanks to their corporate slave mentality.

Whole game feels like Sen's Fortress. I wish they put more emphasis on combat and less on gravity and spikes.

why are the cutscenes so laggy

le ebin samefag put me in the screenshot

Fuck retards getting more and more dumb every days.
ARE WE NOT ALLOW TO TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON A VIDEO GAMES BOARD NOW?
FUCK OFF SMASHFAGS

You just replied to me 3 times, you're not fooling anyone.

I hear that. I also wish the hitbox on the spikes wasn't xbox hueg, considering a fair portion of jumps require you to be at the tip of the platform.

>worst voice acting

Here is how I know youre full of shit. The only bad one I've seen so far is the bell autist who keeps talking to his sisters ghost.

Otherwise they have been perfectly fine.

Attached: 1560771832585.png (1228x620, 979K)

Go find some mea culpa shrines. I feel like ten piedad is the first ideal boss. Much easier than the other two.

where da mega at

>Daenerys

Kys pajeet lover. How much of a dirty fucker do you got to be to even thing that garbage """game""" is cool? Lmao, seriously just kys and gtfo

You think that shitstain is a good game? Lmao.

Despite being extremely easy, Bloodstained is very enjoyable and hits a lot of the notes you'd hope for in a metroidvania game. Avoid the Switch version for the time being, until they fix the sorry mess it released in.

>he

It's a girl, user.

Well, I have to say that this game's aesthetics are the primary appeal. I feel like I'm watching a painting.

I'm a bit over an hour into it, and I have to say the gameplay feels very meh. It just feels clunky and slow.

is the gameplay good?

it looks cool but I don't want to buy just to look at it

Really? I'm liking it a lot more than, say, Sundered so far. It's certainly no Hollow Knight, but that would be an unfair comparison.

Depends on what you expect. I find it fun, though the combat has more to do with positioning than anything else.

I can't say I expected a game about the Spanish Inquisition.

Attached: NeverExpectThem.jpg (630x447, 103K)

>people early ITT shitting on IGN for giving it a 7
>after the game releases posts slowly start to talk about the game being monotonous/dull
You should have listened

Attached: 1498103123358.jpg (353x331, 16K)

If that's the case then this is more like a Ghouls and Goblins game than a castlevania one.

Is it a shitty garbage igavania or is it an actual good castlevania. This is important as one is shit and plays completely different from castlevania, that one being igavanias

Only played like two hours so far. I wouldn't say it's bad, but the aesthetics are major appeal to me. If they aren't to you, skip it.

Set in the decaying land of Orthodoxia, a place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace, superstition runs amok, and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this agonizing territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption, during which practically the entire population was transformed into hideous beasts as a punishment for their mutual blasphemy and inadequate worship; creatures that had deepened their profound faith, developing an unstoppable blood thirst you now have to contend with....

t. that one guy from class

I got the napkin that lets you listen to corpses and there's one near the beginning of the snowy mountain zone saying something about needing patience to reveal a secret. Anyone figure it out yet? I noticed there seems to be some kind of root bridge but waiting around didn't seem to do anything.

you can fight her, the three bitch sisters, or piedaddy in any order you like after killing that initial elder brother boss

tpb8.ukpass.co/torrent/34553203/Blasphemous-HOODLUM

Attached: 1556928154117.jpg (462x500, 50K)

What's the verdict?

Blasphemy/10.

The Spanish Inquisition?

Huh, wasn't expecting that.

Switch for added KINO. It's a pixel art game, playing it on PC won't add anything

>Soulslike

Spain is in Europe, dumbass.

metroidvania is such a fucking lazy and overdone genre that was already perfected 25 years ago
tired of every amateur indie dev picking up the genre just because it's easy to make and if you put even a slight bit of effort in, it sells like hotcakes

>>after the game releases posts slowly start to talk about the game being monotonous/dull
but i was saying this for the last weak since i played the demo

>Soulslike

Attached: 1lss3k.jpg (598x597, 31K)

HOW IS THE SWITCH VERSION?

I WANT IT ON MY BING BING MACHINE BUT I DON'T WANT A BLOODSTAINED SITUATION ON MY HANDS

Attached: 1543269885202.jpg (367x391, 25K)

>giving a shit about journos

Attached: IGN.jpg (1340x298, 45K)

here you go cumskull, distract yourself with this while we talk about videogames

Attached: 1563313411345.jpg (1280x1280, 98K)

I killed the big statue that purges your sins or something and a red area appeared that does nothing, what the hell is going on?

Some impressions after ther first hour and half:
>the grimdark stuff and item names become almost comical
>not a single enemy with more than one attack so far so almost all the difficulty of them comes from learning that one pattern and then they become trivial
>some sprites could need more polish like those jars in the cistern
>probably the shittiest and most awkward downward thrust ever that feels like as if it doesn't trigger properly

Help how do I get past this

Attached: Captura de Ecrã (1).png (1920x1080, 137K)

laugh at me for backing this trash

How long is the game? I've wanted to get this for a while because I love the Catholic Spanish imagery but the $22 price point right now is a little more than I would've liked unless it has a lot of value.

>truly, a triumph of mankind, my kids played it and became jesus 7/10

>Made in Spain
>Doesn't have full Spanish audio

What

About 10 hours give or take if you're only planning on one play through

>DLCS
Jesus fuck why

Is there a NG+ or additional difficulty modes?

the merchant lady you met can sell you a key
you can use the key to unlock the locked door you saw at the beginning of the game after the first boss
that door contains a special item that will help you with that

fucking retard devs don't know how to budget for multiple voiceover languages

It's not Fifa nobody in Spain is going to buy it.
Well I will but you know

>destroyed the confessor statue
>now I don't get punished for dying
let my guess, bad ending locked

He's just one of many autistic people on 4chin, pay him no mind.

stop discussing non nintendo video games you shills

It's a fair review, Rain World is extremely niche. WTF were they supposed to say? 10/10 but only for the selected 100 hardcore players?

that ending tho. don't tell me thats the only one

This game is going to sell most on Switch you retarded sonynegro, devs are having an AMA on the switch reddit right now

Attached: Fun_allowed_Kemono.jpg (901x1107, 124K)

It'll take you to an arena that changes your thorn into a budding sprout but you need something first - I'm fairly certain it's a white pearl that you then turn into a "weight of true guilt" absorbing the guilt you leave on death or something on those lines. This is from the beta, don't know where you get a pearl in the actual game since it was in the same room.

Based. Fuck off anti shills. This is nintendo kino

What is the point of accepting help before the boss? What do you get if you dissent?

>people are still mad about Lords of Shadow

Attached: 1501954832407.png (826x738, 1.02M)

Thank you cute Anime loli

already have it and no red platfroms appeared ;_;

So, any annoying bugs so far?

Why? it certainly looks like it could have been good

i was there and used it to make a platform appear
hm, maybe you are in a different location and i made a mistake
sorry about that bro

This looks like the only action-platformer to give the full retro experience. It's not only pixel art, it's got the music, exploration, bosses, polish, everything nice and balanced. Compared for example to Death's Gambit which was massively scaled back in concept and turned into a boss rush, or Dead Cells which relies on roguelite mechanics, or Bloodstained which didn't attempt pixel graphics, etc.

Flying bell ghosts are sometimes invincible when spawning

Just got randomly stuck while grabbing a ledge and had to restart.
I Couldn't pull myself up and the game acted as if I was normally walking on ground.

Also, I think the enemies dealt more damage so far through collision damage than through actual attacks.
It's especially terrible in combination with how the special moves work like the downward thrust or the slide cut (which seem to work at random or delayed by a split-second which is fatal in these kind of games).

>Metrovania
Oh that sounds go-
>Souls-like
Never mind

aaaaand it's bad...

Makes no seance since souls is metrovania-like.
>Metrovania is metrovania-like

The only thing that's like Dark Souls in this game is the checkpoint system.

>first review
>first sentence
>Blasphemous is a highly challenging action-platformers influenced by Soulsborne games and Metroidvanias of past with.

D R O P P E D

I can't tell if something fucked up in my game or not. I turned in the hair to the guy in the village and I thought he'd given me something but I have nothing new in my inventory.

Imagine if the one true based Spaniard made a Castlevania game.

Attached: locomalito.jpg (510x230, 45K)

>surrealist horror
you mean gothic horror? surrealist horror is something like killer7 and pathologic.

CAMERA SHAKE EVERYTIME YOU ATTACK

You need to equip it. Not only have in your inventory.

You can turn it off

Its.. an OK game. The artstyle is so rly good, the athmosphere is nice but dude.. im halb an hour in and the game already gives me 4 quest items, 4 ways i can go, around 5 items i dont know what the to do with, not a single word about whats actually going on but alot of new enemys and npcs who speak in freaking giberish. i want to like this game so bad. i rly do.. but how do i do that without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL?!

>Mh iceborne shill threads everyday the whole year and you give a fuck
>Indie game shill threads sometimes and you shit bricks

Spaniards are whiter than americans, and that includes you tyrone, you know that?

Might have to wait a bit for the cracked version but if the game is as good as Hollow Knight then it should be a fun time.

>atheist seething because he doesnt understand Christianity
You are a Penitent One... silent... repenting for ones own sins.

Reminder that you can hold B to convert health to magic

Why can't I change resolution? Why are cutscenes lagging/freezing?

You mean dark souls is a bad berserk clone?

So how is it?

Attached: 1554870789138.png (300x250, 52K)

havent played a metroidvania in years but this one looks good, at least to burn a couple of hours playing it

finna pirate that shit on DEUS

What/where is the "root of a secret" that requires patience in Where Olive Trees Wither?

Attached: 1439090486058-4.png (500x500, 249K)

fun, challenging, i like it a lot
lots to see and explore, enemy density is a bit high though - and i have not fought very many bosses yet
solid 8/10 so far

Anyone else remember this game getting shilled a ton on Yea Forums years and years ago?

6/10 so far
>all enemies have only one attack and combat boils down to memorisation of that single attack so combat becomes dull over time
>shitty platforming
>only your basic attack and parrying is really reliable and shit like the slide attack feels almost superfluous thanks to the controls being clunky
>atmosphere almost becomes groanworthy to the point of self-parody
>sewers have never been and will never be fun to travel through

is it better then Dead Cells?

cannot unsee

Attached: 220px-Coneheads_Poster.jpg (220x325, 28K)

Its 1080p in docked mode cocksucker

>people reviewing the game after literally half an hour of playing it

Attached: 1489077963498.png (242x259, 81K)

Slide attack is literally the best offensive action in the game, retard

Spam the jump button until your character does a high jump

That move only works when the enemy is like half a screen away from you and only does damage in the latter half of the move.
You're almost always better off with just parrying or hacking away at enemies.

Why the relic tells me there's a secret here?
I've already broken a wall in lower right corner.

Attached: 1552227634432.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

That move is capable of wiping out everything in a huge hitbox that extends above and below you and hits with a power of multiple base attacks while being performed right after a dodge
If you can't make a use of it, you're literally retarded, though it's obvious by what gripes you have with the game in general

This. I don't care if the game ends up middling / not up to expectations, but at least finish the damn thing first before rating it.

>this HOODLUM installer
kino

>implying they can finish the game

One of the enemies is even called "Pepe y los dos globos", go and figure.

That only happens in the retarded south american version, it's like the original spanish version but crappier and shittier and everything is dumbed down

I won't buy until they release the Chiquito harl DLC

>the chapulin colorado is not the final boss
0/10, worse game ever

Based aesthetic

Attached: semana santa3234.jpg (1024x683, 59K)

>American education

There's also some elevators and other shortcuts connected to the hub area.

I dunno about these guys, but it's a 10/10 for me, but it also happens to be a melting pot of things I absolutely love, so take that with a grain of salt.
The art and atmosphere is just fucking gorgeous.

4/10
-controls feel clunky and unpolished, capital sin for these kind of games
-level design is meh
-combat is boring
-visuals are good in general, but some levels look dull

Is his ridiculous hat part of the hitbox?

Any of you knows if this game is cracked yet? I want to pirate it

>not pirating the gog version

I like it but I also haven't played a lot of other games in the genre so I don't have much to compare it to. Also bought it with gift cards I had lying around so it wasn't like I spent money I worked for on it. A few hours in and I don't regret getting it, I think I'll enjoy figuring out the lore and then moving on to other games.

Why do people say it’s Spanish influenced? I’m not an art fag

The art style is based on sevillian baroque art. And the mc is clearly based on a nazareno (guys on pic related).

Attached: ed1698cc9e21996e4c91ec5251c26c04o.jpg (600x887, 98K)

Pointy hats.
Eh, it's heavily influenced by christian imagery, which has some pretty obvious connections.

Attached: Unexpected.jpg (854x640, 94K)

>Graveyard of the Peaks ost
Fucking nice

yes

Link me please

>Not Lobezno A Todo Gas final boss

baka my head

mega when

>the fucking dialogue in this shit
I can't stop laughing.

Where?

Here, whenever someone posts it

what's the matter, user? too many big words for your stunted brain?
try learning some latin, you pleb

Just like Dark Souls

I think I've beaten around four or five bosses already? It's okay so far. Nothing really that makes you go WOW besides the art.

>superb
>fantastic
>a revolutionary step in the right direction
>but not AAA title/10 nice try bud

How do I get the damn tree root-platforms shit?

>Sign of the Santiago Apostol's sword, who's known for killing lots of sandniggers
Uuuuw, I'm calling the mods.

Uhh, this is already out

Scratch that, didn't realize this thread was 15 FUCKING HOURS old

Nice job mongo

>Mfw Our Lady of the Charred Visage reveals her second hand.

Attached: 1420510229779.png (757x624, 262K)

>there's no level ups
This is a good thing you statcuck
RPG mechanics in igavanias are one of the most useless and annoying things

How do you evade when both hands start shooting fireballs? You cant dodge them

Cumskull, nice. I gotta remember that one.

any links to try b4 you buy?

Maybe you haven't found all the trade items?

Levelup systems just leads to artificially inflating stats to have some kind of stat class system.
Dark Souls could have turned into a amazing game if it got rid of VIT/Stamina/ADP as stats, since it means flater and better scaling of equipment and armor.
Levelup is a crutch mechanic that generally isn't meaningful.

Yes.
Try the usual sites.

>that price
Nah I'll wait for a sale

Attached: 1566044523829.png (363x371, 104K)

ESPAÑITAAAAAA STRONG

R E N T F R E E

>ask for healing girl's assistance on two bosses
>becomes old as fuck
>feel bad for her and don't ask for assistance anymore

Attached: 1123456791.png (246x246, 85K)

is the HOODLUM REPACK cucked with malware?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1202x496, 39K)

Yes, it's always been inspired by berserk

Didn't you notice "sword only" in the video title? Horheristo is a challenge autist, his videos involve abusing the least amount of mechanics possible to make it harder on himself.

It’s just badly written though.

>stranger things

I have no idea. I just beat her with a sliver of health left after realizing you can scale those grates on the sides of the arena which I used to outrun a bugged laser beam that kept firing even after I killed her, until the "boss defeated" text came up and it killed me.

>Demo available for a limited time only
What the fuck is this shit?

Isn't "nazareno" a way to refer to IESVS KHRISTOS?

You do know that putting up a demo costs money, right?

If demos have an upkeep fee on steam, something I have never heard of, then they can put the demo on their site.

>60 minutes played
>22% completion
Refunded. It's fun but not worth the full price.

corpses dis appear its non sense

i got filtered like 3 hours in but the experience was a 9/10

should i go back bros? the drainage pipe levels are brutal.

They respawn when you rest at an altar. Also learn to type like a human being.

CORPSES DIS APPEAR DONT STAY

Done, I just needed to get good.
How is this the second boss though? Are the rest harder than this?

>if you put even a slight bit of effort in, it sells like hotcakes
name 3 indie metroidvanias that sold like hotcakes

Momodora RUTM
Hollow Knight
Jackie Chan

Damn right I am

Attached: arin.png (1042x628, 511K)

Bloodstained and Hollow Knight.

As someone who has played most of the classic series (i'm missing a few of the less treaded paths like Haunted Castle, Circle of the Moon and Judgment) i still enjoyed the LoS trilogy for how it was, when it comes to reboots it's definetly one of the most harmless. I agree that Konami shouldn't have killed the OG series and continued it along with the reboot, but comparing this to shit like DmC or Bomberman Act Zero feels unfair if you ask me.

Attached: shrugging y'shtola.png (800x678, 520K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7mcaKsaUnQ0

Are you feeling okay, idiot?

>playing as a kkk member
why tho

>Momodora RUTM
That game was great. Does anyone know if the sequel is as good?

Attached: ss_98caaa2c7850d774885f6e4d7d24131570f19014.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

I've just reached the mother of mothers or what's it called after 3 visages

The art design is incredible, wonderful detail. Music great, really fits the mood.

The combat is just about average, all the enemies are one trick ponies but the bosses can be pretty fun. Level design is alright though if you want to 100% it there's gonna be a lot of backtracking.

>IGN

Attached: 1500422428692.gif (640x479, 2.91M)

That's pretty sick.

Attached: 1565237991335.gif (400x224, 2.32M)

Attached: IGN playing Sonic.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

why can't paco crawl

>Sonic has an existential crisis at the end

Is there an item you need to jump normally in water/mud?

So let me guess, it's less Castlevania and more DARK SOULS

Is it dubbed to spanish? I want to go full inquisitor.

There is some sort of tree I can interact with that says that I have no offerings. First time I accidentally summoned some sort of demon midboss. Can anybody explain this?

The opposite actually.

Looks like Salt and Sanctuary remains the best 2D Souls-like.

why do people keep comparing games like this to castlevania? have you ever played a castlevania game? it's like that one porn game, it's really obviously inspired by dark souls, just because it's fucking 2d doesn't make it castlevania

It has a lot more going on to call it simply a Souls-like.

Because it doesn't play like Dark Souls.

What do?

Attached: jump no gud.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

>Just a sliver of health left.
You are like little baby. Watch this.

Attached: BossLow.gif (400x213, 3.03M)

Oh so it fucks her up?
Glad i didn't ask for her help.

Has anyone cracked it yet?

Attached: 1546714768075.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Nigga, how hard is it to just check the usual places?

Attached: 1410697393294.png (315x274, 20K)

>get the key from the merchant lady to the door I saw before
>forget where it is
fuck

Beginning of the game.

thanks fren

It's on GoG I don't get why people don't just upload that version.

I'm new to this, can I get a quick rundown?

What does GoG stand for

Girl on Girl, the premiere online lesbian gaming database.

Get off the porn bro, seriously

kek

Is it just me or is the win blowing kind of weird?
>Wind blows and messes with your jump so wait for it to stop
>It's not visually blowing anymore
>Still need to wait an extra second or your jump can still get fucked with anyway

thanks for shilling; im gonna pirate it now that i know its out.

Please tell me what's GoG
Ill make you coom

Lurk more, newfag

Some examples, there are much more

Attached: PicsArt_09-10-11.56.29.jpg (1024x1024, 248K)

Yeah wtf do I do here

amazing,I was gonna ask if anyone had this but thought it would be ridiculous to ask. thanks

2 ways, public tracker with VPN or private tracker, either way, you're on your own

>Go to jump
>Wind isn't blowing yet but it still slows my jump anyway and I fall to a lower ledge
>Wind blows a second later
Please stop.

Spain had a really big fucking hardon for doing the most over-the-top Catholic art they possibly could. Most of Europe was doing that already but they went above and beyond. Considering the devs are from Spain and I think mentioned Seville as inspiration, it's pretty clear cut.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_(art)

>looks more castlevania than Bloodstained

Fucking hell what is with this timeline

Bloodstained plays more like Castlevania though and that's all that matters.

it's in good company then

Attached: ign.jpg (1007x891, 190K)

I turned the garlic into the guy in town and got some sheets, I turned the hair into the other guy, but didn't get anything.

Post boss battles.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-10 Blasphemous.png (1560x669, 732K)

if you are going to stay here then at least shut the fuck up until you figure out how to talk to the rest of us, reddit

>IGN Spain and IGN Italia gave 80+ score
>IGN gave it 70
Euros trying to save their shitty game

You got the currency

Where the fuck do I take these prayer knots.

It's not a sequel and it's not as good. I personally would not recommend it.

I get that but I'm one of those autismos that likes to play games in their native language.

Your ass

what does the weight of true guilt do?

>you can convert health into magic Bloodborne style and just blast shit into oblivion
>it hardly even takes health

Attached: 1542386058598.gif (500x500, 236K)

Oh. Is that all he'll give if you turn in his other quests?

It's above average. Mostly because of the unique setting and the grotesque quality art.

The gameplay is really fucking bog standard though. As a metroidvania I'd rank it as Good and as a Souls-like I'd rank it more than a few steps behind Salt and Sanctuary but at least far better than Death's Gambit.

do we know yet if there is a new game plus or something waiting for us at the end of the first playthrough?

I don't know how to tell you this, but reddit knows what GoG is. Turns out, a lot of people do, all over the internet.

>goodies
Ha I found it faggot
goodiesgames.com/

How long is the game?

i havent played a metroidvania before is this game a good start point? What other ones are worth playing

>its out already in pirate website

Fuck. I kinda feel bad for pirating but if it turns out as good as it seems I will buy it later.

devs estimated ~20 hours if you wanna collect/see everything

18-25 hours.

no, fuck off

God no it's not a good starting point.

Play the classics first. Or if you want a bit more modern ones then I guess Bloodstained and Hollow Knight would be good too. Though the latter is more of a Metroid-like.

>Igavania
Cringe weeb autist, how's cuckstained treating you?

bloodstained is a fair bit easier and might be a good starting point into the genre i suppose
but just pick up anything that interests you bro, others include:
>hollow knight
>axion verge
>bloodstained
>castlevania: symphony of the night
>super metroid
>dead cells
>guacamelee

i think the art style is absolutely atrocious, but some people like salt & sanctuary as well

Play Symphony of the Night. It's easy and very accessible. If you don't like that, you probably won't like most other metroidvanias.

>5 fast travel points and short cuts
Good level design that's what

A soulslike with Salt and Sanctuary's gameplay and Blasphemous' art would be incredible.

La-Mulana. Perfect for a beginner.

Attached: 1565682231522.png (844x844, 553K)

>It's easy

How easy is SOTN? ill start with that one since it seems to be one thats popular. I heard these games play like RPGs are there skill trees?

Animation is very, very, very expensive and time consuming.
Metal Slug undoubtedly had a much bigger budget and a much stricter work ethic and standards behind them.

It's a toss-up really. You either go for real high quality shit like this but it'll leave a real toll on your artists. Or you could go for really simple shit like HK's art, which was literally all done by one dude, and just shit out lots more content.

No, there aren't any skill trees in SotN. It has stats that are affected by your level and equipment. It also has a ton of weapons weapons and various effects/spells you can learn as you progress through the game though. The reason SotN is easy is because there are a ton of different OP as fuck weapons and setups that straight up wreck everything in your path. It's forgiving enough that you could beat the game with whatever you find cool to use instead of the absolute best shit though.

Salt and Sanctuary is absurdly great but it isn't a good starting point due to the various styles of gameplay and the ridiculous wealth of shortcuts/locations.

How do I activate an execution? I'm assuming that's what the 'enemy glows red' signifies.

Is this site actually trustworthy?

Kek that eurofag damage control

Why are euros so insecure? It's hilarious

>Get a thimble
>Got all the way to the next area
Have I missed whatever it is this dude was wanting me to get?

>anime poster is also an idiot
everytime

>Is this site actually trustworthy?
learn to check signatures

Press Y or whatever equivalent button/keyboard is during the red state.

Who?

GUYS HELP MY WAIFU IS AN OLD LADY NOW.
I NO LONGER GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MY PROGRESS IN THE GAME IS THERE A WAY TO REVERSE THIS OR DO I HAVE TO START A NEW FILE?

Attached: AAAAAAH.png (281x802, 237K)

Did I miss an item or upgrade that makes the snow area less of an exercise in frustration? Between the wraiths attacking from inside cliffs, the pixel-perfect jumps, and the wind pushing me off edges it's really starting to test my patience.

Does the girl who offers help on the boss in mercy dreams actually do anything? I didn't notice when I let her.

i think she heals you if your health falls too low or something

This. The idea so many people have on a niche board on a niche website that it is some sort of trend-setting tastemaker that devs, especially tiny indie teams like Blasphemous’, would spend money and time on actively ‘shilling’ to is beyond laughable. But it was like this 10 years ago and likely before that, and will continue to be until Hiroshimoot finally pulls the plug.

well that ending was disappointing

it's the bad ending

theres more than 1?

yep

I like how the game lets you fuck up and go into really hard areas before you're intended to. I went straight to the underground area with all the miasma first and I was getting my shit kicked in.

Attached: fatbitch.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

Bloodstained

At least 2

Don't remind me of that chapter...

Attached: 3r50aojujq621.png (474x464, 251K)

is the only weapon a sword or are there upgrades?

no

I just got this area with the nuns dropping lava from the cauldrons, I only have 3 health jars, am I supposed to save this for later?

There are upgrades AND the only weapon is a sword!

cringe, go away

Aesthetics are amazing

Attached: 1548703182504.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

>shock value

are you an actual child?

I think the nun area is the second one you're supposed to do. First is the catacomb one with the deer-skull boss, and third is the underground one I think. I had six health jars by the time I got to the nun area.

putos guiris fuera del peñon reeeeee

Attached: 342-3424806_time-to-paint-the-town-red-quot-peacock.jpg (840x725, 185K)

That might explain why I was getting my ass kicked in so much by bell ghosts and wind gusts trying to get there. Whatever, at least I got the elevator to get back there quickly.

I wish the game was linear

Oh! well fuck, I also went to the second area first then and I literally JUST finished it.

>no level ups or weapons or anything that makes igavanias great
If by 'great' you mean 'make combat redundant 2 hours into the game because the concept of balance is alien to Iga' then yeah
I too think walking up and down corridors spamming one attack to kill everything in 1 hit is the epitome of fun

Only thing I cannot get past are the edgy weebshit character faces

cool
I noticed they didn't made the baby a boss like in the trailers. Unless that death scene only happens if catches you.

wait, there is new chaper already?
i just saw what happen, fuck, FUCK

Attached: sad jesus.jpg (1134x1001, 219K)

just wait till you open it

That's my issue with most of these Metroidvanias, almost all of them has terrible aesthetics. I even like Hollow Knight's artstyle, but it's so saturday morning cartoon it's hard to take anything seriously.

For once, I would love to read arguments against S&S that do not involve buzzwords.

Attached: Spindlefucker.png (954x662, 214K)

>I agree that Konami shouldn't have killed the OG series
i think that's the main reason, user

>that thing in the egg

Attached: 1557767011582.png (837x641, 378K)

There’s a ghost chick in the sorrows joint

are lolicons pedophiles?

What did the devs mean by this?

>noticed I can hit and damage the Confessor statues
How bad of an idea is this?

>how bad is it to give up on redemption?

What do you think?

It doesn't feel very polished in terms of narrative structure - there's plenty of good ideas but they're a bit ham-fisted because of the bad dialogue and lack of proper pacing

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU UPGRADE YOUR ROSARY I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 8 HOURS

It's not as good as RUTM but i'd still recommend it.

The main themes are primarily influenced by Goya, though there are sprinkles of other greats like Velazquez (the girl riding the giant is almost an exact copy of the central figure from Las Meninas) and El Greco

Not him, it's objectively poor and clunky writing

unfortunately not

It's directly below the very first area in the game, but you have to go right, down, left around through the underground areas to get there the first time and open the path.

Why the fuck did they obfuscate something so important?

It's called exploring, user

Why are people saying the controls are clunky? Been playing for a couple hours and it was pretty easy to pick up and the character moves well imo

Controls are just fine for me as well its just the down thrust move that is kinda ass.

In one hour, I have gotten as far as I have in four hours. I've now caught up with my previous run, do not let your waifu suffer Yea Forums

The game just came out so people are bad at them.

I had the same problem with it being inconsistent, found it worked better if I held the attack first before trying to go down

How can I hatch the egg of altasgracias?
Has anyone gotten that far?

Why the fuck is there such a big focus on fucking pixel perfect platforming?
I love the art style and really enjoy the combat and boss fights, but trying to navigate the map and environment is just fucking irritating. I've only beaten two bosses so far, visited the snow and magma areas, and fought a flying dude that summoned lightning. Does it stop trying to be a bing bing wahooshit game anytime soon and focus on the combat, or should I just drop it now?

You get an achievement if you slowly drain her lifeforce, though

Uh what?

Attached: 20190911030103_1.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

what's the good ending and what do you need to do to unlock it?
better not be something gay like collect all 36 cherubim

>Pixel perfect platforming
Jesus christ user the game has a fucking ledge grab.

I think that you unlock the true ending by destroying all of them and going through some sorte of enemy gauntlet

Attached: what's the problem..png (400x202, 4K)

Does anyone else find the ledge grab a little too sensitive? Especially since there doesn't seem to be an option to just drop down from a ledge.

Explore Hondo better, user

What the fuck? I already beat the upside down bell, but the platform at the top doesnt move

You have to ------------------------------------ collect all 36 cherubims-------------------------------------

there's a statue holding a chain that you smash to release the mechanisms, you can do it before the boss

And?
It's a side-scrolling game for which the advertising and trailers have all exclusively featured violent, gory combat. Why am I playing it only to find that 80% of the game consists of fucking jumping, platforming, and ladder puzzles and that half the combat features an enemy hitting you and knocking you back so far you fall back down the shitty platforming puzzle that just took you 12 attempts to climb?

Ok, it looks like I wasn't paying attention, because I beat the thunder knight on the bridge, got stuck, decided to look up a walkthrough, turns out I had miss the blood platform ability AND the wood platform ability.

Guess I'm just retarded

Guacamelee
Shantae Pirate's Curse
Steamworld Dig 1/2
Dex
Bloodstained

for the actual Metroid/Castlevania games:
Metroid Fusion
Castlevania HoD,AoS/DoS

>dark souls is a zoomer game
>high difficulty
>death is punishing
>rpg elements
>nothing telling you where to go
>no tutorial on most things like build scaling and how to get better weapons
>implying any fornite addled mind can comprehend anything I just listed
the absolute retardation that went into your post

didn't this site die? or is this god-games?

It is one of the most popular games of all time. Even Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye jokes about difficult games being souls-like

Well maybe if you play the demo you can definitively find out if its shitty to play or not, thats the purpose of a demo idiot

where do you go after fighting exposito? i feel like i ought to have found a double jump or something by now

>12 attempts

Attached: 1560555710388.png (400x434, 90K)

Attached: Capirote.jpg (1200x1176, 242K)

>a smash thread died for this

Gotta love games that release unfinished

It's all about when they got into it, user.
Early dark souls, where people played blind, before all the patches and coming off the back of several years of the most handholdy and unchallenging AAA games of all time, was a boomer as fuck experience.

Late dark souls, that they got into after watching their favorite eceleb streamer faggot play through the game, and had every surprise and mechanic revealed to them before even picking up a controller, was zoomer as fuck. Not only did the patches make the game much, much easier by that point, but the difference between going in blind and figuring things out yourself, or just copying some streamer and their meta build and knowing exactly where to get the OP gear without having to explore yourself is a massive one.

>popularity is tied into zoom zoom
by that standard Mario, WoW, and Dungeon Fighter Online are prime zoomer games

What kind of sheltered life are you living where this is the worst voice acting you have heard in years?

spopy hjkosjuhhhhhn aaaaaaaaaaaajolhcjdfhliiiiiiidnwjkjdhkjdsbdguahdaops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0aops0ehihwenlmkjsludhoaiehoaidhs

so you’re telling me if pewdiepie starts fucking with Quake Champions (long shot on the dark, I know) and all his kiddies start playing it Quake and arena shooters in general would now be a zoomer game?

Hopefully never, because Metroidvanias are great, and everyone whinging "Dark Souls!!1!" are retards who forget Metroidvanias had fucking save points, where the only real challenge after death was getting back to where you were.

Yes. I'm rubbish at platformers. Because I hate platformers, find them frustrating and unenjoyable, and have no desire to play them. This is why I had a couple attempts at one of the 2D mario games and decided it wasn't my kind of thing. This is why I tried playing sonic mania, wondered what people found enjoyable about this style of game, and deleted it again after half an hour.

If anything at all about this game looked like it was going to be about fucking jumping puzzles instead of combat, I never would have bothered with it. But for some reason I looked at the game that was showcasing it's executions, bosses, and combat and concluded it was a game about combat, not about climbing ladders while avoiding sewerage drips. Imagine that.

OH SHIT A DEMON

Attached: POPPY.jpg (1280x720, 406K)

How is this game sacrilegious? The enemies and the setting are just slightly Christian-ish. Sausage Party is more offensive.

of the first 3 bosses you need before you can go to sen's fortress, I've only found 1.. in the bottom right, I assume another one is above that but I've been spending the last 2 hours to the left of the bottom area and have gone through all this shit.. taking down statues to ring a bell to make me go lower, etc. WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS THING?

Can't say I know much about QC, but no. Dark souls is the sort of game where your equipment and knowing where things are can make a significant difference in the challenge the player experiences. You can't 'ruin' the experience of arena shooters by having prior knowledge of the level layouts or where guns are located.